Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doubts about Saturday's match ? 18:29 - Dec 28 with 2440 viewsEastTownBlue

Doubts about Saturday's match ? on 18:31 - Dec 28 with 2386 viewsIllinoisblue

This is all getting ridiculous. Every club has reserves/U23s and youths they could play.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Doubts about Saturday's match ? on 18:33 - Dec 28 with 2347 viewsbluelagos

Doubts about Saturday's match ? on 18:31 - Dec 28 by Illinoisblue

This is all getting ridiculous. Every club has reserves/U23s and youths they could play.

Agree - but I can't make this Sat so would be quite handy for me :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Doubts about Saturday's match ? on 18:37 - Dec 28 with 2331 viewsSitfcB

Doubts about Saturday's match ? on 18:31 - Dec 28 by Illinoisblue

A lot of clubs definitely taking advantage I think. Funny how a few are now saying due to ‘injury and covid’.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2021 18:37]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Doubts about Saturday's match ? on 18:38 - Dec 28 with 2320 viewssoupytwist

Good job they weren't due to play AFC Wimbledon -

https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/2021/december/club-statement2/
Doubts about Saturday's match ? on 18:49 - Dec 28 with 2218 viewsIllinoisblue

Doubts about Saturday's match ? on 18:37 - Dec 28 by SitfcB

A lot of clubs definitely taking advantage I think. Funny how a few are now saying due to ‘injury and covid’.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2021 18:37]

The EFL weak as piss as always. Every club should have to say exactly how many covid cases, timelines of contacts etc. and if they don’t, you forfeit the game. You’d see some quick recoveries from the “injuries” then.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Doubts about Saturday's match ? on 19:12 - Dec 28 with 2095 viewsSteve_M

Doubts about Saturday's match ? on 18:38 - Dec 28 by soupytwist

Good job they weren't due to play AFC Wimbledon -

https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/2021/december/club-statement2/

They are spot on here. Agree on the five subs rule again for this season too, going to help manage players’ fitness.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Doubts about Saturday's match ? on 19:17 - Dec 28 with 2037 viewsMullet

Missed this. I’m down for it having booked an air bnb etc. Frustrating to say the least as dragging the kids down here etc is never easy or fun until we arrive.

I’d hope every club calling off can supply records if tests and contacts etc. It’s an area where we get punished for our depth too. Clearly some are using it to their advantage but who and how many will be hard to discern.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Doubts about Saturday's match ? on 19:40 - Dec 28 with 1864 viewsLankHenners

Doubts about Saturday's match ? on 19:12 - Dec 28 by Steve_M

They are spot on here. Agree on the five subs rule again for this season too, going to help manage players’ fitness.

Yep, obviously the nature of the beast means you can’t stop anyone from getting it but it seems increasingly clear that some clubs are doing a much better job at managing it than others and, perhaps cynically, you can’t help but feel some clubs are just putting in a postponement request as it’s the easy/lazy option.

There needs to be much more transparency and leadership from the EFL on this - it’s so obviously causing a problem now and will cause a problem down the line and yet there’s no action.

I saw a suggestion that unvaccinated players shouldn’t count as a Covid absentee and they should automatically be replaced in the squad by a reserve/youth player which is an interesting approach and there may have to be some thinking like that involved as I don’t see how the current situation is sustainable unless omicron turns out to have a very high but short peak and things settle down a bit in a few weeks, which even then is too long to do nothing.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

Doubts about Saturday's match ? on 23:31 - Dec 28 with 1605 viewsTheBoyBlue

Doubts about Saturday's match ? on 19:40 - Dec 28 by LankHenners

Yep, obviously the nature of the beast means you can’t stop anyone from getting it but it seems increasingly clear that some clubs are doing a much better job at managing it than others and, perhaps cynically, you can’t help but feel some clubs are just putting in a postponement request as it’s the easy/lazy option.

There needs to be much more transparency and leadership from the EFL on this - it’s so obviously causing a problem now and will cause a problem down the line and yet there’s no action.

I saw a suggestion that unvaccinated players shouldn’t count as a Covid absentee and they should automatically be replaced in the squad by a reserve/youth player which is an interesting approach and there may have to be some thinking like that involved as I don’t see how the current situation is sustainable unless omicron turns out to have a very high but short peak and things settle down a bit in a few weeks, which even then is too long to do nothing.

Like the unvaccinated players not counting!

Hope the match can go ahead, would be a shame for the Pack Out PR campaign to not be completed and I am hoping this will give me something to look forward to on New Year's Day, but obviously safety has to come first.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Doubts about Saturday's match ? on 00:31 - Dec 29 with 1532 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Judging by these new EFL rules then clubs will need a LOT of cases to get games called off….

Need to be able to field 14 players (including a keeper) from:

Registered squad list + Under 21 players who have played one league match + any other contracted player who isn’t on squad list (I guess someone like a Kenlock)

Doubts about Saturday's match ? on 01:56 - Dec 29 with 1448 viewsjayessess

Doubts about Saturday's match ? on 00:31 - Dec 29 by Matt_Netherlands

Judging by these new EFL rules then clubs will need a LOT of cases to get games called off….

Need to be able to field 14 players (including a keeper) from:

Registered squad list + Under 21 players who have played one league match + any other contracted player who isn’t on squad list (I guess someone like a Kenlock)

Think it would be 24 for Lincoln City, so they'd need 11 absences for a postponement.

Suspect it's not the Covid cases that are proving difficult to regulate. The EFL can quite easily demand proof that players do in fact have to isolate. Much harder to regulate regular injuries though. If you've got 15 players available for selection and would prefer not to play, easy enough to have 2 claim they're unavailable with unprovable but also unchallengeable ailments.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Doubts about Saturday's match ? on 09:00 - Dec 29 with 1201 viewsStewart27

I think it should go without saying that the unvaccinated should be suspended and replaced from squads. Otherwise this makes a mockery of the vaccination and subsequent booster process.
Doubts about Saturday's match ? on 09:12 - Dec 29 with 1158 viewstractorboy1978

You should have to field a team or forfeit the points, it really is that simple.
Doubts about Saturday's match ? on 09:24 - Dec 29 with 1107 viewspointofblue

Doubts about Saturday's match ? on 01:56 - Dec 29 by jayessess

Think it would be 24 for Lincoln City, so they'd need 11 absences for a postponement.

Suspect it's not the Covid cases that are proving difficult to regulate. The EFL can quite easily demand proof that players do in fact have to isolate. Much harder to regulate regular injuries though. If you've got 15 players available for selection and would prefer not to play, easy enough to have 2 claim they're unavailable with unprovable but also unchallengeable ailments.

Injuries are a natural part of the game and shouldn’t towards the availability number - it should be Covid cases only. And I like the idea of unvaccinated players not counting either.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Doubts about Saturday's match ? on 09:29 - Dec 29 with 1084 viewstextbackup

Doubts about Saturday's match ? on 09:24 - Dec 29 by pointofblue

Injuries are a natural part of the game and shouldn’t towards the availability number - it should be Covid cases only. And I like the idea of unvaccinated players not counting either.

I wonder if we'll ever get to a stage where unvaccinated players could fail medicals at clubs on this alone.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Doubts about Saturday's match ? on 11:39 - Dec 29 with 913 viewsjayessess

Doubts about Saturday's match ? on 09:24 - Dec 29 by pointofblue

Frustrating as it is to have games cancelled, I can see why the EFL aren't particularly keen to have teams put out scratch sides of youths and reserves. Doesn't do a great deal for the competition's integrity if we get to play Gillingham's kids but they've got regular first teamers back for their 1st January game.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Doubts about Saturday's match ? on 11:44 - Dec 29 with 897 viewspointofblue

Doubts about Saturday's match ? on 11:39 - Dec 29 by jayessess

Frustrating as it is to have games cancelled, I can see why the EFL aren't particularly keen to have teams put out scratch sides of youths and reserves. Doesn't do a great deal for the competition's integrity if we get to play Gillingham's kids but they've got regular first teamers back for their 1st January game.

Not that they really give a damn about the integrity of the EFL Cup or Papa John’s Trophy.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024