Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook 15:57 - Jan 8 with 2508 viewswkj

He always said we needed time to bed in and gel - turns out we were only 2 games away from that happening. Talk about bad luck.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 15:58 - Jan 8 with 2461 viewsDinDjarin

Not sure you are being serious or not so I will take the whoosh.

Obvious to me Mk is on another level to Cook and can get the team playing like that after 2 games shows how limited Cook actually was.
I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 15:59 - Jan 8 with 2418 viewswkj

I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 15:58 - Jan 8 by DinDjarin

Not sure you are being serious or not so I will take the whoosh.

Obvious to me Mk is on another level to Cook and can get the team playing like that after 2 games shows how limited Cook actually was.

Yes, it was a bit of a sarky post about the patience dialogue that he used while here. He still uses it now.

Crybaby

I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 16:00 - Jan 8 with 2371 viewschrismakin

must be the brand new recruitment room created in 2 weeks that's done the job

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 16:00 - Jan 8 with 2353 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...two weeks, a replacement manager and a good coaching team...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 16:01 - Jan 8 with 2301 viewsfooters

And now some smarmy no-mark has taken all the credit for his hard work! Unbelievable. These millennials just take the piss.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 16:03 - Jan 8 with 2272 viewsbazza

Kits look like they haven’t been pressed tho.. only criticism.
I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 16:51 - Jan 8 with 2080 viewswkj

I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 16:01 - Jan 8 by footers

And now some smarmy no-mark has taken all the credit for his hard work! Unbelievable. These millennials just take the piss.

He needs a beard though.

Crybaby

I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 16:54 - Jan 8 with 2028 viewsfooters

I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 16:51 - Jan 8 by wkj

He needs a beard though.

I saw him in Isaac's eating smashed avocado on toast the other day. So I reckon a handlebar moustache.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 16:54 - Jan 8 with 2028 viewsFightingEssex

There’s absolutely no way Cook would have ever set the team up this way. We’d still have Toto instead of Wolf at the back, Norwood wouldn’t be playing, and Edwards would be playing instead of Aluko. We’d have drawn this game under Cook.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 17:00 - Jan 8 with 1899 viewsKeaneish

I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 16:54 - Jan 8 by FightingEssex

There’s absolutely no way Cook would have ever set the team up this way. We’d still have Toto instead of Wolf at the back, Norwood wouldn’t be playing, and Edwards would be playing instead of Aluko. We’d have drawn this game under Cook.

Playing Toto and over Wolfenden was one of the poorer of Cook’s decisions as it never made any sense. It sounds like Cook’s hands were a bit tied over Norwood so I’m not sure what went on behind closed doors.

Even with Norwood in attack to give it more focus, our shape and width were top notch today.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 17:05 - Jan 8 with 1771 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 16:54 - Jan 8 by FightingEssex

I'm not sure why you got a down arrow for that.
You're right, he'd be playing 4-2-3-1 for a start.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 17:10 - Jan 8 with 1713 viewsBluroo

I need to make “stop having a pop at Cookie” my New Years resolution or something. But it is funny, already being totally shown up for the bang average dinosaur he is.
I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 17:13 - Jan 8 with 1630 viewsGavTWTD

Brenna said that McGreal should take some credit for setting them up this way on his last match. Such an enjoyable and relaxing match to watch.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 17:16 - Jan 8 with 1566 viewswkj

I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 17:13 - Jan 8 by GavTWTD

Brenna said that McGreal should take some credit for setting them up this way on his last match. Such an enjoyable and relaxing match to watch.

For sure, was the first game in a long time where we've been in control whistle to whistle. Stokie said on Whatapp that he'd wanted to see a variation of the 5-3-2 for quite some time, and it works.

McK will have a dilemma on his hands when Celina comes back though, Aluko is playing ridiculous football at the moment and will be hard to drop.

Crybaby

I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 17:18 - Jan 8 with 1526 viewsCheltenham_Blue

It was definitely Phil checking out Wembley hotels wasn't it?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 17:19 - Jan 8 with 1489 viewsGeomorph

I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 17:16 - Jan 8 by wkj

For sure, was the first game in a long time where we've been in control whistle to whistle. Stokie said on Whatapp that he'd wanted to see a variation of the 5-3-2 for quite some time, and it works.

McK will have a dilemma on his hands when Celina comes back though, Aluko is playing ridiculous football at the moment and will be hard to drop.

Just a lovely performance and nice to see shape and movement transferring from the training pitch to the full 90 mins
I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 17:30 - Jan 8 with 1377 viewsTexaco73

You could see McGreal understanding the players and building them up. Giving them confidence and tactically aware.
Glad he is still around the club. A good influence.

It all seems to be coming together at last. Financial backing with an element of steel to not accept mediocrity. Adminstrative backroom getting in order. A decent set of players and a new manager who is both up with the the modern game but also tactically competent.

Really feels like the ME poison has been lifted and there is a positive future, arresting the death of a thousand cuts that we have endured over the Evans era.
I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 17:53 - Jan 8 with 1308 viewsFightingEssex

I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 17:05 - Jan 8 by Cheltenham_Blue

I'm not sure why you got a down arrow for that.
You're right, he'd be playing 4-2-3-1 for a start.

I get that Cook was a nice guy, I get that maybe he was handicapped by Ashton and his team as he doesn’t work like that, but everyone could see that the basic strategy needed to change, McGreal had the basics figured out fairly quickly and McKenna has built on that, yet Cook had 40 odd games and didn’t change his approach regardless of the results. It was right to change.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 17:59 - Jan 8 with 1251 viewsgtsb1966

IF we carry on like this then Cook has done himself no favours with last week's interview. Same players yet different manager and coach. The more we win the more that interview will look silly.
I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 17:59 - Jan 8 with 1241 viewsitfcserbia

I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 17:53 - Jan 8 by FightingEssex

I get that Cook was a nice guy, I get that maybe he was handicapped by Ashton and his team as he doesn’t work like that, but everyone could see that the basic strategy needed to change, McGreal had the basics figured out fairly quickly and McKenna has built on that, yet Cook had 40 odd games and didn’t change his approach regardless of the results. It was right to change.

Cook was like a guy who renovated the house because the car he came with couldn't fit in the garage.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 18:00]

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 18:02 - Jan 8 with 1180 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 17:16 - Jan 8 by wkj

If we are playing how we are, Celina will make the bench. It is likely he would need easing back into playing anyway. McKenna won't be afraid to change formation if needs be and I am sure Celina will play some part once fit.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 18:03 - Jan 8 with 1178 viewsKeaneish

I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 17:53 - Jan 8 by FightingEssex

McGreal made some clangers and didn’t win a match but him and Dyer should take credit for experimenting with systems and finding this structure. Cook wanted us to have a style that we impressed on other teams, no harm in that, it was just too inconsistent.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 18:08 - Jan 8 with 1112 viewschrismakin

I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 18:03 - Jan 8 by Keaneish

McGreal made some clangers and didn’t win a match but him and Dyer should take credit for experimenting with systems and finding this structure. Cook wanted us to have a style that we impressed on other teams, no harm in that, it was just too inconsistent.

3-5-2 in some form has been spoken about on here for months, Only Herbz was against it. With this squad it was the most obvious choice.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 18:12 - Jan 8 with 1072 viewsistanblue

Also PC was spot on about the back end of last season too! How on earth can a manager be expected to possibly work with and get success from a squad of players he hasn't hand-picked!? Utterly outrageous expectations from some fans!
I do feel a little bit sorry for Paul Cook on 18:25 - Jan 8 with 996 viewswkj

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024