Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's people thoughts on Walton price tag? 14:22 - Jan 10 with 2314 viewshype313

Not sure length of existing contract etc, also he's probably on a fair whack, sounds quite tricky to get done.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

What's people thoughts on Walton price tag? on 14:25 - Jan 10 with 2270 viewsZx1988

The £500k being bandied about seems fairly reasonable if you take into account his quality, allied with a premium based upon his current worth to us.

Plus, I imagine there could be a small premium in there in consideration of the fact that, by buying him now, we would avoid having to take our chances on getting him as a free agent at a later date.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

What's people thoughts on Walton price tag? on 14:39 - Jan 10 with 2160 viewsSparky85

£350k + top ups for promotion, appearances and a sell on percentage.
What's people thoughts on Walton price tag? on 14:43 - Jan 10 with 2122 viewsElderGrizzly

I’d suggest the PL level wages are the bigger issue for us than any fee.

£20k a week was reported when he joined us
What's people thoughts on Walton price tag? on 15:15 - Jan 10 with 1995 viewsbilllm

What's people thoughts on Walton price tag? on 14:43 - Jan 10 by ElderGrizzly

I’d suggest the PL level wages are the bigger issue for us than any fee.

£20k a week was reported when he joined us

Agreed, if no one else comes in for him long term we will probably get him, both clubs are smoking each other out here, if we get him for free we can afford to pay him more,Brighton want him moved on but want a quick sell to recouperate, say up to £500k,
What's people thoughts on Walton price tag? on 15:21 - Jan 10 with 1948 viewsitfcsuth

£250k-£500k with bonuses. The figure I can’t see being an issue - the wages will be the stumbling block I feel.
What's people thoughts on Walton price tag? on 15:23 - Jan 10 with 1932 viewsportmanroadblue

Call Brightons bluff, stick Hladky in for the rest of the season and get Walton on a free if Hladky doesnt impress.
What's people thoughts on Walton price tag? on 15:27 - Jan 10 with 1901 viewsBluebell

Does anyone know if he actually wants to stay at Town?

I am sure he could easily get a team in the Championship to take him on with much higher wages than we could offer.

Just playing devil’s advocate here. I really hope we can find a way to keep him!
What's people thoughts on Walton price tag? on 15:27 - Jan 10 with 1887 viewsbelgablue

I think £500k would be an absolute steal, both in the long run and also vs the risk of losing him and having Hladky as No.1.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Login to get fewer ads

What's people thoughts on Walton price tag? on 15:28 - Jan 10 with 1879 viewsKieran_Knows

I wonder if they'll just end up extending his contract for another 18 months and he stays with us on loan until the end of season.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What's people thoughts on Walton price tag? on 15:33 - Jan 10 with 1831 viewsMetal_Hacker

Not sure what the correct fee should or would be but I guess it's all relative

If we miss out narrowly on the play offs and he has a fantastic end to the season putting him in a good light , whatever he is going to cost , so long as we can recoup that then it's cost neutral . If we go up it's a bargain and we get to keep him for next season.

It's a big gamble but if it's a gamble worth having then let's get this done regardless

Long and short is if he is going to cost us another £750 incl wages and fee but we can sell IF WE NEED to for at least those numbers at the end of the season then that's great

Poll: If it were one or the other

What's people thoughts on Walton price tag? on 18:19 - Jan 10 with 1559 viewsArnieM

He’s “ worth” what we are prepared to stump up for him . Which will be limited by our financial situation. It’s simple. We have to offload b4 we can even think about signing him (paying up) .
We have to face the fact that Walton will be joining another club .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

What's people thoughts on Walton price tag? on 18:30 - Jan 10 with 1493 viewsjayessess

What's people thoughts on Walton price tag? on 18:19 - Jan 10 by ArnieM

He’s “ worth” what we are prepared to stump up for him . Which will be limited by our financial situation. It’s simple. We have to offload b4 we can even think about signing him (paying up) .
We have to face the fact that Walton will be joining another club .

Don't think there's any suggestion that we're in a difficult financial situation here or that we can only sign Walton if we offload someone.

Only thing I've heard is that we're near the limit on wages for the SCMP, but the wages we're paying Walton will already form part of that.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

What's people thoughts on Walton price tag? on 09:10 - Jan 11 with 1017 viewstractorboy1978

What's people thoughts on Walton price tag? on 18:30 - Jan 10 by jayessess

Don't think there's any suggestion that we're in a difficult financial situation here or that we can only sign Walton if we offload someone.

Only thing I've heard is that we're near the limit on wages for the SCMP, but the wages we're paying Walton will already form part of that.

SCMP is easy to navigate around though if you have owners that are willing to inject cash in the form of equity rather than a loan. I just can't see a situation where that'll be an issue given how obviously important he is. If we get gazumped by a decent Championship club then that's a different story.
What's people thoughts on Walton price tag? on 09:20 - Jan 11 with 956 viewsWD19

If we are not paying his wages in full then leaving him on loan is actually costing Brighton money. If he is on the reported 20k per week and we are paying half then not shifting him in January costs Brighton quarter of a million quid. I think finding common ground between us and Brighton is the easy bit. For example, we give them a fee (£250k), they save some money (£250k) and it works for both - they are £500k richer and we get a quality keeper. Win Win.

So I think it is less about the ticket price and more about Walton himself. He might want to stay contracted to Brighton until the summer and take his chances. He might get a big signing on fee and as a free agent he might find someone to match or better his current wages. Does he really want to blink now and sign with us? Conversely he has the power to put a hell of a lot of pressure on Brighton if he really wants to be here.
What's people thoughts on Walton price tag? on 09:43 - Jan 11 with 867 viewsBloomBlue

The fee is irrelevant unless more than one club is interested. If we're the only club interested then hopefully a deal around £300-£600k, if more than one club then over £750k.
The issue I see is if Brighton genuinely want him as a 3rd choice GK, all Prem teams have 3 often 4 good GK's, if they sell him and have to buy another 3rd choice GK given the fact they are a Prem team they will have to pay more than that for a GK. I'm not convinced they do and simply have returned him with the aim of selling him for some money rather than lose him for nothing at the end of the season

The Jan window is notorious for inflated fee's there will always be some clubs who are prepared to gamble, however wages I think will be the problem. If I was Walton it's a no brainer, continue as is and keep getting the Prem wages until the end of the season, have a great season and then move to whichever club will give the biggest signing on fee/pay the highest wages
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024