Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got my first ever speeding ticket... 12:15 - Jan 15 with 3635 viewsBent_double

after more than 30 years of driving....woohoo.

58 in a 50mph, so hopefully I'll be offered one of those speed awareness courses instead of 3 points. Apparently these can be done on-line at the moment, anyone know if that's right?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 12:21 - Jan 15 with 2437 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

That’s correct.
Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 12:22 - Jan 15 with 2429 viewsSitfcB

Awareness course and a £100 fine.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 12:33 - Jan 15 with 2391 viewsBent_double

Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 12:22 - Jan 15 by SitfcB

100 quid, what happened to £60???

Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 12:55 - Jan 15 with 2299 viewsoldburian

I passed my driving test 60 years ago and just before Christmas found myself in a Colchester bus lane. A £30 fine, my first in those 60 years. Nothing, even a parking fine, before.
Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 12:58 - Jan 15 with 2277 viewsPinewoodblue

Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 12:22 - Jan 15 by SitfcB

No fine but you pay a fee for the course, around £90.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 13:08 - Jan 15 with 2210 viewsclive_baker

Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 12:55 - Jan 15 by oldburian

I passed my driving test 60 years ago and just before Christmas found myself in a Colchester bus lane. A £30 fine, my first in those 60 years. Nothing, even a parking fine, before.

That’s remarkable, assuming you venture far in your motor rather than pottering around villages.

I lost count of the number of fines I got, especially in London. Haven’t had too many speeding points though, only caught twice in 15 odd years of driving. There have been times where I’ve done less miles such as when I was at university where at one point I didn’t have or need a car, but others where I’ve done loads. I would imagine I’m close to 250,000 all in, so not too bad a result.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 13:16 - Jan 15 with 2176 viewsgtsb1966

How long does it take for the ticket to come through. I got flashed by a road side camera in Shenfield on 22/12 doing 35 in a 30. Nothing has come through yet.
Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 13:21 - Jan 15 with 2137 viewsElephantintheRoom

Have you thought about solemnly apologising for not knowing it was a 50mph zone - and being furious with one or other of your assistants for not telling you?

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 13:26 - Jan 15 with 2102 viewsLord_Lucan

Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 13:16 - Jan 15 by gtsb1966

How long does it take for the ticket to come through. I got flashed by a road side camera in Shenfield on 22/12 doing 35 in a 30. Nothing has come through yet.

I reckon the next weeks post is make or break.

As for the OP. Because of covid excuses you now do the course on a zoom thing which cuts it down from 4 hours to 2.5 hours.

Happy days!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 13:27 - Jan 15 with 2090 viewsSitfcB

Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 12:58 - Jan 15 by Pinewoodblue

Tomato, tomato.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 13:29 - Jan 15 with 2083 viewsgtsb1966

Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 13:26 - Jan 15 by Lord_Lucan

I reckon the next weeks post is make or break.

As for the OP. Because of covid excuses you now do the course on a zoom thing which cuts it down from 4 hours to 2.5 hours.

Happy days!

I'll tape my letterbox up 😁
Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 13:31 - Jan 15 with 2066 viewsbazza

Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 12:58 - Jan 15 by Pinewoodblue

Correct, be careful not to miss the coarse, and forget all about it, as you get a court summons after a month or two.. and it can be quite costly… so a friend told me 😇
Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 13:35 - Jan 15 with 2055 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Generally within 14 days.
Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 13:45 - Jan 15 with 2016 viewsbazza

Chances are if you were showing 35, speed camera would pick up slightly below that, so probably wouldn’t get a ticket for 34mph..
Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 13:54 - Jan 15 with 1978 viewsclive_baker

They only have 14 days to notify you. If it’s not with you by day 14 I don’t think it can be enforced. I’ve heard of people getting off on that loophole.

Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 13:55 - Jan 15 with 1975 viewsgainsboroughblue

Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 13:35 - Jan 15 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Generally within 14 days.

Doesn't the ticket have to arrive within 14 days otherwise it can be disregarded?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 14:01 - Jan 15 with 1939 viewsPinewoodblue

Passed test 58 years ago just the one speeding ticket. Took the points rather than do the course.

More by luck than good judgement, as far as speeding is concerned.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 14:04 - Jan 15 with 1931 viewsBent_double

Mine came in the post today, the offence was on the 6th, caught by a mobile unit parked in a layby at Gorleston. I saw it, but just too late obviously, although to be fair, I have always disregarded the '50' limit on that section of dual carriageway (shhhh, don't tell anyone!), so I've only got myself to blame. Don't know why it isn't a '60' there though.

Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 14:07 - Jan 15 with 1913 viewsBent_double

Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 14:01 - Jan 15 by Pinewoodblue

Passed test 58 years ago just the one speeding ticket. Took the points rather than do the course.

More by luck than good judgement, as far as speeding is concerned.

Any reason why you chose to take the points? If the internet is to be believed, seems like 3 points only adds about 5% to your insurance, a lot less than the £90/£100 course fee, but then you're only 3 points from a massive insurance hike (25%)

Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 14:13 - Jan 15 with 1883 viewsclive_baker

Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 14:07 - Jan 15 by Bent_double

Any reason why you chose to take the points? If the internet is to be believed, seems like 3 points only adds about 5% to your insurance, a lot less than the £90/£100 course fee, but then you're only 3 points from a massive insurance hike (25%)

The course means you don’t pay the fine though. The choice is course +£90 or 3 points +£100. So it’s cheaper before you even consider insurance premium.

I guess most people who opt not to do the course can’t be bothered to do it. I would’ve needed a half day for it so I refused it and took the points instead. Agree it’s a bit risky, especially incase you get done again.

Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 14:17 - Jan 15 with 1862 viewsoldburian

Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 13:08 - Jan 15 by clive_baker

That’s remarkable, assuming you venture far in your motor rather than pottering around villages.

I lost count of the number of fines I got, especially in London. Haven’t had too many speeding points though, only caught twice in 15 odd years of driving. There have been times where I’ve done less miles such as when I was at university where at one point I didn’t have or need a car, but others where I’ve done loads. I would imagine I’m close to 250,000 all in, so not too bad a result.

I have done a lot of miles in my time, in the 70s and 80s over 20,000 a year. I did get stopped by a copper in 1972 coming out of Shenfield after the Town payed at West Ham. I was doing 40 in a 30 limit. Put my Suffolk accent on as my licence still had my Suffolk address on asking where the country was. Had a severe telling off though.
I have done well over a million miles I reckon.
Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 14:20 - Jan 15 with 1836 viewsFixed_It

Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 13:54 - Jan 15 by clive_baker

They only have 14 days to notify you. If it’s not with you by day 14 I don’t think it can be enforced. I’ve heard of people getting off on that loophole.

14 days to send the letter, not to receive it.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 14:22 - Jan 15 with 1822 viewsFixed_It

Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 13:55 - Jan 15 by gainsboroughblue

Doesn't the ticket have to arrive within 14 days otherwise it can be disregarded?

No. They have to notify you within 14 days - but that means send the letter, not necessarily receive it.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 14:43 - Jan 15 with 1752 viewsTrequartista

You get 10% + 2 allowance so 58 is the lowest you will be prosecuted for, so would imagine it easily qualifies for speed awareness course.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Just got my first ever speeding ticket... on 14:45 - Jan 15 with 1747 viewsTrequartista

Whatever you do don't drive in Chelmsford near the railway station. If you've never heard of a "bus gate" before you will soon find out.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024