Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? 18:28 - Jan 27 with 2234 viewsIllinoisblue

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 18:29 - Jan 27 with 1800 viewsfooters

Isn't an 'Against Modern Football' hashtag somewhat oxymoronic?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 18:30 - Jan 27 with 1795 viewsDubtractor

FFS etc.

As if Luke Shaw is significant enough to warrant any kind of special product anyway, NFT or not.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 18:32 - Jan 27 with 1784 viewsRozz

Grant Holt will be fuming if these take off. His have been out years.

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 18:34 - Jan 27 with 1772 viewsDanTheMan

NFTs are a scam built on what is basically also a scam.

Recently saw a coin that advertised a 83000% yearly return on investment. And people bought into this.

They aren't even trying and still they manage to get people.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 18:37 - Jan 27 with 1735 viewsMullet

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 18:34 - Jan 27 by DanTheMan

Recently saw a coin that advertised a 83000% yearly return on investment. And people bought into this.

Classic ponzi stuff in it. Get in before someone else does and make even more money, is a powerful incentive for the desperate and clueless.

Same as MLM scams but without the need to hump tubs of shyte door to door and bleed your friends dry to pass up to someone else.

Hope Shaw doesn’t end up carrying the can for this either when it all goes tits up.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 18:38 - Jan 27 with 1736 viewsfooters

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 18:34 - Jan 27 by DanTheMan

That's scandalous. Should be regulated.

Any financial product needs to be advertised based on a five-year track record of performance and its risks outlined as much as potential benefits for the consumer. Advertising an 83000% ROI is hopefully ridiculous-looking enough to put people off but fools and gold...

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 18:38 - Jan 27 with 1732 viewsIllinoisblue

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 18:30 - Jan 27 by Dubtractor

FFS etc.

As if Luke Shaw is significant enough to warrant any kind of special product anyway, NFT or not.

Shaw and Terry and others are the lowest of the low. To paraphrase Bill Hicks ranting about Leno: “what, you haven’t made enough money from football? Now you’re hawking NFTs? If you’re a young footballer I’ll look the other way, but these guys have made millions from football. You not got enough money already you f***ing whore”

62 - 78 - 81

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 18:40 - Jan 27 with 1706 viewsfooters

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 18:37 - Jan 27 by Mullet

Classic ponzi stuff in it. Get in before someone else does and make even more money, is a powerful incentive for the desperate and clueless.

Same as MLM scams but without the need to hump tubs of shyte door to door and bleed your friends dry to pass up to someone else.

Hope Shaw doesn’t end up carrying the can for this either when it all goes tits up.

Tell me something, Mullet... Have you ever tried to do the washing up without washing up liquid? Could you clean a pot or a pan without using a scrubbing brush, a sponge or a scouring pad?

Login to get fewer ads

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 18:41 - Jan 27 with 1686 viewsMullet

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 18:40 - Jan 27 by footers

Tell me something, Mullet... Have you ever tried to do the washing up without washing up liquid? Could you clean a pot or a pan without using a scrubbing brush, a sponge or a scouring pad?

Where's my piece of money pie?

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 18:42 - Jan 27 with 1690 viewsDanTheMan

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 18:38 - Jan 27 by footers

Any financial product needs to be advertised based on a five-year track record of performance and its risks outlined as much as potential benefits for the consumer. Advertising an 83000% ROI is hopefully ridiculous-looking enough to put people off but fools and gold...

The lack of regulation around this stuff is mental. I work in fintech and I've seen what our Authorised Representatives need to go through whenever they do any marketing and the difference is mind blowing.

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 18:45 - Jan 27 with 1662 viewsSitfcB

Wes Burns is getting involved in whatever all that shît is.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2022 18:45]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 18:46 - Jan 27 with 1643 viewsfooters

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 18:42 - Jan 27 by DanTheMan

The lack of regulation around this stuff is mental. I work in fintech and I've seen what our Authorised Representatives need to go through whenever they do any marketing and the difference is mind blowing.

Can you tell I've just done another round of compliance courses?!

But this is why I always stress to people that if you don't know anything about it, don't do it. Seriously. People have lost their houses, the shirts off their back and more from getting involved with stuff like this. It can get real hairy, real fast, and there's no such thing as a free lunch. You might get lucky once, but that's all it is: luck.

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 18:55 - Jan 27 with 1587 viewsKievthegreat

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 18:37 - Jan 27 by Mullet

I hope if it goes tits up he does carry the can. NFTs are a scam and the people hawking them are scammers. He almost certainly has agents and advisors who will be guiding him on this, he is using his position and following so they can be exploited. If these schemes go belly up, he won't be a victim.
Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 18:58 - Jan 27 with 1573 viewsMullet

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 18:55 - Jan 27 by Kievthegreat

I hope if it goes tits up he does carry the can. NFTs are a scam and the people hawking them are scammers. He almost certainly has agents and advisors who will be guiding him on this, he is using his position and following so they can be exploited. If these schemes go belly up, he won't be a victim.

It was those very people scarpering that I was thinking of.

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 19:07 - Jan 27 with 1531 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Some crypto has actually utility cases, it's about research. Don't buy something that's named after your new fave TV show, do you're research

NFTS are BS and people are making a killing but is basically the digital equivalent of I saw you coming which I'm sure used to have its physical location just of Kensington High St.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 19:19 - Jan 27 with 1475 viewsDanTheMan

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 19:07 - Jan 27 by BlueandTruesince82

Some crypto has actually utility cases, it's about research. Don't buy something that's named after your new fave TV show, do you're research

NFTS are BS and people are making a killing but is basically the digital equivalent of I saw you coming which I'm sure used to have its physical location just of Kensington High St.

I've yet to see any crypto currency that has decent utility yet. The mainstream ones have enough issues as it is, let alone anything on the fringes. It's a house of cards waiting to collapse.

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 19:32 - Jan 27 with 1428 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Who the hell would buy those??

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 19:33 - Jan 27 with 1425 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

NFT are the modern embodiment of the emperors new clothes!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 19:40 - Jan 27 with 1388 viewsHighgateBlue

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 18:38 - Jan 27 by footers

I agree that this is ridiculous and scandalous.

But is it a financial product though? I don't know enough about this particular website or marketplace or whatever it is, but isn't an NFT just owning the rights to certain digital code? Aren't you just buying a product, in the same way as when you buy software? It's a daft scam, and I really hope it doesn't become a "thing", or that it un-becomes a "thing", but I'm not certain that buying an NFT is really buying a financial service. It's more likely buying fresh air!
Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 19:52 - Jan 27 with 1352 viewsIllinoisblue

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 19:32 - Jan 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

Who the hell would buy those??

Who wouldn’t want a slice of Luke Shaw’s digital legacy?

62 - 78 - 81

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 19:53 - Jan 27 with 1344 viewsfooters

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 19:40 - Jan 27 by HighgateBlue

I agree that this is ridiculous and scandalous.

But is it a financial product though? I don't know enough about this particular website or marketplace or whatever it is, but isn't an NFT just owning the rights to certain digital code? Aren't you just buying a product, in the same way as when you buy software? It's a daft scam, and I really hope it doesn't become a "thing", or that it un-becomes a "thing", but I'm not certain that buying an NFT is really buying a financial service. It's more likely buying fresh air!

Sorry, was more referring to the coin's mentioned performance than any NFT.

NFTs are an absolute waste of time and money, and anyone engaging in this 'metaverse' boll0cks needs their head testing. But when serious companies are going along with it it only worsens the problem. Nike NFT trainers?! WTF.

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 20:06 - Jan 27 with 1310 viewsKeno

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 18:42 - Jan 27 by DanTheMan

Dont get me started on financial services regulation!!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 20:07 - Jan 27 with 1305 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 19:19 - Jan 27 by DanTheMan

I've yet to see any crypto currency that has decent utility yet. The mainstream ones have enough issues as it is, let alone anything on the fringes. It's a house of cards waiting to collapse.

I agree some of it is, perhaps lots of it but inthink it will be a bit dot com boom, out of the Ashes ther will be a future Google or Microsoft.

XRP and XLM for example both far quicker and cheaper to transfer large amounts of money, esp cross border. XRP in particular designed to link financial institutions.

Even then its not about what they can do now, its the potential for what they can do in the future, scaleability.

I've seen a glimpse of some of the metaverse stuff that's coming (if you haven't seen it try watching Ready Player 1, maybe it won't have got that far in our lifetime but that really is a glimpse into the future, maybe not in terms of the slightly dystopian depiction of how we live but the metaverse stuff 100%) and there will be a huge expansion of digital marketplaces though the huge speculation in virtual land is insane given we are talking about an infinite space.

With NFTS some will retain value depending on their association but most are ridiculously overpriced and fundamentally worthless (and often a bit $#it) but whilst it's insane to buy an NFT of a hoodie (something someone recently spent £30k on!) At some point on the future people will spend £30 quid on jeans for the digital avitar that you walk round the metaverse with and I know even that sounds insane but it's where gaming is headed and has been for sometime and with it youth of today are already growing up in the precursor to that world....do you remember watching Minroty report and being blown away by the computer screens that were so futuristic? That's basically your phone now and that film isn't even that old.... where we will be in another 10, 20, 30 years from now could be quite different to the world we live in today.

I'm not saying go and buy a load of crypto but I am saying if you do decide to buy crypto, do your research and you should avoid scams.

They won't all survive, some will amalgamate but they are ( In my opinion only of course) here to stay

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 20:21 - Jan 27 with 1269 viewsfooters

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 20:07 - Jan 27 by BlueandTruesince82

I agree some of it is, perhaps lots of it but inthink it will be a bit dot com boom, out of the Ashes ther will be a future Google or Microsoft.

XRP and XLM for example both far quicker and cheaper to transfer large amounts of money, esp cross border. XRP in particular designed to link financial institutions.

Even then its not about what they can do now, its the potential for what they can do in the future, scaleability.

I've seen a glimpse of some of the metaverse stuff that's coming (if you haven't seen it try watching Ready Player 1, maybe it won't have got that far in our lifetime but that really is a glimpse into the future, maybe not in terms of the slightly dystopian depiction of how we live but the metaverse stuff 100%) and there will be a huge expansion of digital marketplaces though the huge speculation in virtual land is insane given we are talking about an infinite space.

With NFTS some will retain value depending on their association but most are ridiculously overpriced and fundamentally worthless (and often a bit $#it) but whilst it's insane to buy an NFT of a hoodie (something someone recently spent £30k on!) At some point on the future people will spend £30 quid on jeans for the digital avitar that you walk round the metaverse with and I know even that sounds insane but it's where gaming is headed and has been for sometime and with it youth of today are already growing up in the precursor to that world....do you remember watching Minroty report and being blown away by the computer screens that were so futuristic? That's basically your phone now and that film isn't even that old.... where we will be in another 10, 20, 30 years from now could be quite different to the world we live in today.

I'm not saying go and buy a load of crypto but I am saying if you do decide to buy crypto, do your research and you should avoid scams.

They won't all survive, some will amalgamate but they are ( In my opinion only of course) here to stay

The whole space requires standardisation. We were talking to clearing houses about blockchain years back and they were pumping loads of dough into research because obviously it would kill their business model. But ultimately, there needs to be a common standard upheld industry-wide before any sort of mass adoption can occur, imo. Bit like when there were a dozen electricity companies all operating on different standards.

I agree that it can be useful, and there's no reason why any coin in particular should or shouldn't hold value given that we all use fiat currencies day to day. But right now we seem to be in a pure speculation market where chancers are getting their worth out of the hype. It's ripe for con artists and not something I'm comfortable with.

It's an interesting space, for sure, but one of the biggest problems has been people inserting distributed ledger systems into basic business models for that hype when a centralised database would be no issue, and indeed preferable in most use-cases. It's like fitting a radio to a toaster: no one needs it.

We'll see what happens but at the minute it's a very murky world.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2022 20:22]

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 20:35 - Jan 27 with 1222 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Is the Against Modern Football hashtag still a thing? on 20:21 - Jan 27 by footers

The whole space requires standardisation. We were talking to clearing houses about blockchain years back and they were pumping loads of dough into research because obviously it would kill their business model. But ultimately, there needs to be a common standard upheld industry-wide before any sort of mass adoption can occur, imo. Bit like when there were a dozen electricity companies all operating on different standards.

I agree that it can be useful, and there's no reason why any coin in particular should or shouldn't hold value given that we all use fiat currencies day to day. But right now we seem to be in a pure speculation market where chancers are getting their worth out of the hype. It's ripe for con artists and not something I'm comfortable with.

It's an interesting space, for sure, but one of the biggest problems has been people inserting distributed ledger systems into basic business models for that hype when a centralised database would be no issue, and indeed preferable in most use-cases. It's like fitting a radio to a toaster: no one needs it.

We'll see what happens but at the minute it's a very murky world.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2022 20:22]

Oh there is absolutely speculation footers tonnes of it.

A £10 investment in $shib 18 months ago was was probably worth around £4 million pounds 3 or 4 months ago and it wasn't even worth half a penny per token, obviously it's not worth that now but you'd still be in profit all for what? A meme coin started as a tribute to a cute ish kind of dog? But even Shib is now working on scaleability.

There is absolutely element's of Tulip Mania about crypto which again is why you have to research but the metaverse is coming, it's maybe not for many of us, just like the Internet isn't for my self confessed luddite nan, but the kids. That's where it will take and it will become the norm.

As I say I'm certainly not advising anyone to go and buy crypto and if they do I am saying be careful.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2022 20:38]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024