Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don’t think it was a bad performance 17:15 - Jan 29 with 2175 viewsitfcsuth

But the result cuts any hopes anybody had left of the play-offs. We realistically need to make about 10-12 point up above us - that won’t happen.

The result wasn’t a shock, didn’t think we’d pick up a result there, but we move on.

I don’t think we were bad at all, just lacked any cutting edge.

I really don’t understand why Bakinson was bought in (and I don’t think he’s a bad player), I just don’t see anything from him that I didn’t see from Harper earlier in the season.
I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:18 - Jan 29 with 1654 viewsScuzzer

You cant have a cutting edge if you dont create anything in the first place. Most of the game we seemed frightened to cross the half way line.
I disagree...it was a poor performance.

Established 1968

I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:20 - Jan 29 with 1624 viewsbilllm

I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:18 - Jan 29 by Scuzzer

You cant have a cutting edge if you dont create anything in the first place. Most of the game we seemed frightened to cross the half way line.

All huff no puff no creativity anywhere, wasn't good today,
I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:20 - Jan 29 with 1616 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Deluded if you're happy with a performance with no shots on target, they were there to be had ago at and it was fairly toothless in most areas.
I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:20 - Jan 29 with 1613 viewsitfcsuth

I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:18 - Jan 29 by Scuzzer

I thought Burns got in behind with one really good opportunity and wasted it, Woolfenden should have pulled the trigger, Aluko had a good chance going goal bound but for a good block.

You won’t go away to Hillsborough, against a good side and create an array of opportunities.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 17:21]
I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:23 - Jan 29 with 1568 viewsitfcsuth

I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:20 - Jan 29 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Deluded if you're happy with a performance with no shots on target, they were there to be had ago at and it was fairly toothless in most areas.

I don’t recall saying I was happy anywhere?

Apologises if I’ve got that wrong.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 17:23]
I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:23 - Jan 29 with 1568 viewsSkip_Intro

I'm curious to know where you think we didn't perform badly?
The defence was sloppy - they could, and should, have scored 3 or 4 goals.
The midfield was completely overrun and didnt link up with the forwards.
The forwards weren't in the game at all - how many shots did we have on target?
I agree that the result wasn't a shock, but they were there for the taking and we just didn't turn up all over the pitch.
I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:23 - Jan 29 with 1568 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:20 - Jan 29 by itfcsuth

I thought Burns got in behind with one really good opportunity and wasted it, Woolfenden should have pulled the trigger, Aluko had a good chance going goal bound but for a good block.

You won’t go away to Hillsborough, against a good side and create an array of opportunities.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 17:21]

How good are they really though? You're clutching a bit there I think. They have been in bad form only had 35% possession and a bunch of clear cut chances to our none. You should be demanding more in a game like that.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 17:30]
I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:26 - Jan 29 with 1504 viewsjas0999

I disagree. Thought we were poor. Not a single shot on target. That’s not good enough with the players we had available.
Login to get fewer ads

I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:31 - Jan 29 with 1473 viewsitfcsuth

I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:23 - Jan 29 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

How good are they really though? You're clutching a bit there I think. They have been in bad form only had 35% possession and a bunch of clear cut chances to our none. You should be demanding more in a game like that.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 17:30]

Yeah they are a good side, have good players, and created decent chances.

They’re 2 points ahead of us with 2 games in hand, they will likely be in the play-off picture come the end of the season.
I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:34 - Jan 29 with 1444 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:31 - Jan 29 by itfcsuth

Yeah they are a good side, have good players, and created decent chances.

They’re 2 points ahead of us with 2 games in hand, they will likely be in the play-off picture come the end of the season.

Or they're a capable side (like us) but have been in bad form and had a easy day today.
I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:35 - Jan 29 with 1439 viewsZXBlue

It was dreadful.

Aluko should always be on the team sheet.
I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:37 - Jan 29 with 1400 viewsclive_baker

We didn’t have a single shot on target. It was completely toothless and a game that we could and probably should have lost 3 or 4 nil. Against a side that has no right to be having such an easy ride against us.

It’s was very poor.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:40 - Jan 29 with 1376 viewsJDB23

We really do struggle against the 'better' teams in the division don't we? Have done since we've been in this piss league, in fact even before that we never really perform in the big games. Only beaten one side in the top 10 and a few losses to teams in the bottom half as well. We're going no where this season.
I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:41 - Jan 29 with 1349 viewsbilllm

I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:40 - Jan 29 by JDB23

We really do struggle against the 'better' teams in the division don't we? Have done since we've been in this piss league, in fact even before that we never really perform in the big games. Only beaten one side in the top 10 and a few losses to teams in the bottom half as well. We're going no where this season.

100%. We're just bottlers,
I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:42 - Jan 29 with 1329 viewsfooters

New player coming in.

Inexperienced CM pairing playing together for the first time.

An off day away from home at a decent side.

We lose one nil and everyone loses their sh1t.

Amazing.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:47 - Jan 29 with 1258 viewsZXBlue

I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:42 - Jan 29 by footers

New player coming in.

Amazing.

The home side had a poor run of form before today and ought to have won by 4 or 5.
I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:48 - Jan 29 with 1258 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:42 - Jan 29 by footers

New player coming in.

Amazing.

Or we have eyes and can evaluate football after a game. I am sure the manager and squad won't be thrilled with that perforamnce either but you do you.

No one is losing their sh1t just saying what they thought and overall it was a poor display.
I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:50 - Jan 29 with 1239 viewsfooters

I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:47 - Jan 29 by ZXBlue

The home side had a poor run of form before today and ought to have won by 4 or 5.

I shall leave the TWTDers to their flouncing. It was a game we lost by one goal to nil away from home. Things that could have happened didn't happen, including shipping four or five goals.

Now for some fish and chips.

That is all.

I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:52 - Jan 29 with 1209 viewsfooters

I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:48 - Jan 29 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Or we have eyes and can evaluate football after a game. I am sure the manager and squad won't be thrilled with that perforamnce either but you do you.

No one is losing their sh1t just saying what they thought and overall it was a poor display.

Thanks, I will. Cheers!

Enjoy your flouncing.

I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:52 - Jan 29 with 1205 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:50 - Jan 29 by footers

I shall leave the TWTDers to their flouncing. It was a game we lost by one goal to nil away from home. Things that could have happened didn't happen, including shipping four or five goals.

That is all.

*Sports fans talk about the performance after a loss shocker*
I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:54 - Jan 29 with 1179 viewsbilllm

I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:48 - Jan 29 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

He always does, winding up is his game, don't bite, simple,
I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:54 - Jan 29 with 1179 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:52 - Jan 29 by footers

Thanks, I will. Cheers!

Enjoy your flouncing.

Great input, posters like you remind me why I don't visit TWTD too often. Enjoy the cod but I am sure if it is undercooked it will be fine anyway!
I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:55 - Jan 29 with 1165 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:54 - Jan 29 by billlm

He always does, winding up is his game, don't bite, simple,

Good point, I am off to the beach.
I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:57 - Jan 29 with 1142 viewsHARRY10

I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:50 - Jan 29 by footers

That is all.

ah yes, the old 'flouncy boys' defence.

Always a good fall back when caught out ie Weds current form.

It is not some hoodoo or bad luck that we haven't done well against the top eight or so. Given the number of games it would suggest that bad luck, bad decisions etc even itself out. And we are left with the thought that perhaps we are not as good as people thought we would be, last August.

Is that 'flouncing' ?
I don’t think it was a bad performance on 18:20 - Jan 29 with 1033 viewsChurchman

I don’t think it was a bad performance on 17:57 - Jan 29 by HARRY10

ah yes, the old 'flouncy boys' defence.

Always a good fall back when caught out ie Weds current form.

It is not some hoodoo or bad luck that we haven't done well against the top eight or so. Given the number of games it would suggest that bad luck, bad decisions etc even itself out. And we are left with the thought that perhaps we are not as good as people thought we would be, last August.

Is that 'flouncing' ?

Right, so we’ve been competitive with all of them bar Rotherham, home and away this season. We weren’t with anybody in the last two years, bar a result at the end of PLs time when Hull had troubles of their own. The new manager (appointed because the last one made the biggest pigs ear of the best opportunity given to a manager in a very long time) has won 4 in 6.

The team is missing 2 key midfield players and has a new defender. The team didn’t play very well today and lost. Deservedly. Heck, it happens. We are not in this league because we are ‘Premier League in waiting’ unlike, say, Bristol City.

We are in it because an idiot ran this club into the floor year after year and appointed a series of muppets, bar one. We are mid table minnow club fodder with the potential to be a shedload better. Our support is amazing and for m tells all. Gamechanger bought out Evans because of our potential.

Had we not screwed up the start of the season we’d be in the mix. We didn’t and we aren’t, so sadly we have to live with it. In the last week, 2 wins and a loss. I wish it’d been 3 wins, but it’s ok. We have this window signed a really good keeper and effectively 2 players on trial. We have a new manager learning about his players We are moving forward.

It is much more important that the people running this club keep their heads. If they do, we will be fine and we will grow. Patience methinks. Disappointed today? Very. Downhearted? Not in the least.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 18:35]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024