Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The best squad in division 1 18:43 - Jan 29 with 1856 viewsBlueGhost

Clearly total rubbish.
19 players were recruited, less than 50% are good enough
This season is as good as over and we can look forward to at least 10 new players in close season.
I believe KM will get it right and you have to believe.
The best squad in division 1 on 18:44 - Jan 29 with 1830 viewsFightingEssex

We’re not in Division 1, we’re in Division 3!

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

The best squad in division 1 on 18:56 - Jan 29 with 1759 viewsCheltenham_Blue

"This season is as good as over and we can look forward to at least 10 new players in close season."

You don't post often, but when you do, by heck, you post some belters.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The best squad in division 1 on 19:02 - Jan 29 with 1722 viewsFrimleyBlue

The best squad in division 1 on 18:56 - Jan 29 by Cheltenham_Blue

"This season is as good as over and we can look forward to at least 10 new players in close season."

He's pretty much spot on tho isn't he?

We've got 5 loanees plus some deadwood so 10 players is likely. And we've seen that even with a good run like we've had recently we've ended up 8 points instead of 11 from playoffs despite that run.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

The best squad in division 1 on 19:08 - Jan 29 with 1677 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The best squad in division 1 on 19:02 - Jan 29 by FrimleyBlue

We've got 5 loanees plus some deadwood so 10 players is likely. And we've seen that even with a good run like we've had recently we've ended up 8 points instead of 11 from playoffs despite that run.

You know what you can do.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The best squad in division 1 on 19:18 - Jan 29 with 1636 viewsFrimleyBlue

The best squad in division 1 on 19:08 - Jan 29 by Cheltenham_Blue

You know what you can do.

Point out why he's not really wrong?

Waka waka eh eh

The best squad in division 1 on 19:24 - Jan 29 with 1606 viewsgtsb1966

The best squad in division 1 on 19:18 - Jan 29 by FrimleyBlue

Point out why he's not really wrong?

Name your "deadwood"
The best squad in division 1 on 19:27 - Jan 29 with 1590 viewsChurchman

Please name which ones you think are good enough and which aren’t?

Oh, even for the best managers the success rate of signings is never 100%.
The best squad in division 1 (n/t) on 19:28 - Jan 29 with 1582 viewsSharkey

The best squad in division 1 on 19:24 - Jan 29 by gtsb1966

Name your "deadwood"

E.B.Farnum for me.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 19:28]
Login to get fewer ads

The best squad in division 1 on 19:43 - Jan 29 with 1478 viewswaveneyblue

The best squad in division 1 on 18:44 - Jan 29 by FightingEssex

We’re not in Division 1, we’re in Division 3!

That's what it's called. Carry on with Division 3 if it makes you feel more angry
The best squad in division 1 on 19:51 - Jan 29 with 1442 viewsgordon

Definitely not over - next two games are both easy wins, then we really need to go to MK Dons and get at the very least a draw. Then a couple of relatively easy fixtures after that, so could easily be 3 or 4 points away in a month or so.
The best squad in division 1 on 19:51 - Jan 29 with 1437 viewsFrimleyBlue

The best squad in division 1 on 19:24 - Jan 29 by gtsb1966

Name your "deadwood"

Its difficult because a few on the below list I like but can see them moving on

Nolan
Jackson
Fraser
Pigott
Burgess
Edwards
Caroll

As I say some of the above I like personally but can see them going.

Waka waka eh eh

The best squad in division 1 on 20:07 - Jan 29 with 1361 viewsGarv

Who's the dead wood?

Almost every player in that squad has either contributed something this season or is expected to contribute in the years to come, e.g El Mizouni and Harper.

It's a pretty young squad to be fair. Edmundson is regarded as one of our best players, and captained today, and he's 24.

I'll give you Jackson and Nolan, but they won't exactly need replacing.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

The best squad in division 1 on 20:11 - Jan 29 with 1344 viewschicoazul

The best squad in division 1 on 18:56 - Jan 29 by Cheltenham_Blue

Well it will be ten new players, at least.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The best squad in division 1 on 20:22 - Jan 29 with 1320 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The way McKenna has torn the squad apart and signed countless new players in his first window, I think we can definitely wish for the stability and consistency that Cook brought.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The best squad in division 1 on 20:36 - Jan 29 with 1237 viewsCotton_eyed_joe

The best squad in division 1 on 19:43 - Jan 29 by waveneyblue

That's what it's called. Carry on with Division 3 if it makes you feel more angry

We are in league 1, If your going down the division route we are currently in division 3, Premier league being div 1, championship div 2 etc. If you want to get into it we are actually in div 2 of the English league as the premiership isn't included but either way we are definitely not division 1
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 20:38]
The best squad in division 1 on 20:59 - Jan 29 with 1153 viewsFrimleyBlue

The best squad in division 1 on 20:22 - Jan 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

The way McKenna has torn the squad apart and signed countless new players in his first window, I think we can definitely wish for the stability and consistency that Cook brought.

Not sure what your point is tbh

KM will want to make the squad his own. Plus we have a handful of loanees who may not be kept or may not be purchasable.

It's not farfetched to think we will be in the position of brining in 10 players in the summer.

Waka waka eh eh

The best squad in division 1 on 21:07 - Jan 29 with 1118 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The best squad in division 1 on 20:59 - Jan 29 by FrimleyBlue

Not sure what your point is tbh

KM will want to make the squad his own. Plus we have a handful of loanees who may not be kept or may not be purchasable.

It's not farfetched to think we will be in the position of brining in 10 players in the summer.

My point?

I wonder how many players most sides bring in most summers. Would 10 new ones be especially unusual.

There is no evidence that McKenna will make even that level of changes. So far he has turned 1 loan into a permanent signing and brought in 2 loans (at least one of whom is with a view to a permanent deal isn't it?) The suggestion that you seem to be implying that we will make wholesale changes in the summer is entirely of your imagination.

In contrast, Cook made wholesale changes in the summer and had already implied he needed to in January before he was sacked.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The best squad in division 1 on 21:16 - Jan 29 with 1077 viewsFrimleyBlue

The best squad in division 1 on 21:07 - Jan 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

My point?

I wonder how many players most sides bring in most summers. Would 10 new ones be especially unusual.

There is no evidence that McKenna will make even that level of changes. So far he has turned 1 loan into a permanent signing and brought in 2 loans (at least one of whom is with a view to a permanent deal isn't it?) The suggestion that you seem to be implying that we will make wholesale changes in the summer is entirely of your imagination.

In contrast, Cook made wholesale changes in the summer and had already implied he needed to in January before he was sacked.

Clearly isn't just my imagination as I didn't write the OP, but 10 wouldn't be overly surprising no.

Waka waka eh eh

The best squad in division 1 on 21:22 - Jan 29 with 1038 viewsclive_baker

The best squad in division 1 on 21:07 - Jan 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

My point?

Think it depends how the 10 are defined as well. You could start with:

Jackson
Nolan
Kenlock
Bonne
Celina
Bakinson
Coulson
Thompson
Holy

There’s 9 before you consider Norwood and Carroll who are also out of contract.

If we sign 4 or 5 on loan again it doesn’t take a lot to see 10 in, 10 out. As you say, not sure that really matters particularly. I’m less bothered about how many, and more interested in who they are.

Not to be too sensationalist after a defeat but I do think some of the recruitment thus far is questionable.

We’ve spent decent money on Hladly, Burgess, Fraser & Harper. What’s that, £2.5m? None of which have got going yet, admittedly Harper is young. Big wages on Pigott who has barely played. Of course some are paying off, namely Burns, Walton and Edmundson and to a lesser extent Chaplin (although not his best game today). But it really is hit and miss at the moment.

None of that is a reflection on KM by the way and he quite clearly has something about him. We need to back him, not just now but throughout the summer too.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024