Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. 22:32 - Mar 4 with 3046 viewsMercian

This is quite harrowing, I suggest you do not let your kids watch it.
https://news.sky.com/story/sky-news-teams-harrowing-account-of-their-violent-amb
Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 22:41 - Mar 4 with 2965 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Remarkable that they escaped from that.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 23:03 - Mar 4 with 2893 viewsMVBlue

Notice how they kept shooting despite knowing they were unarmed and journalists. Honestly, the Russians are going to get very nasty. We need to make their nation EXTREMELY poor. And be careful with the journalists we leave there.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 23:11 - Mar 4 with 2866 viewsJ2BLUE

Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 22:41 - Mar 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

Remarkable that they escaped from that.

Unless they were meant to?

Seems a bit convenient. Ukrainian checkpoint, they get shot at and get away.

Could have been Russians wanting them to get attacked and live to tell the tale believing they would blame the Ukrainians?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 23:16 - Mar 4 with 2807 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 23:03 - Mar 4 by MVBlue

Notice how they kept shooting despite knowing they were unarmed and journalists. Honestly, the Russians are going to get very nasty. We need to make their nation EXTREMELY poor. And be careful with the journalists we leave there.

There are Russians and then there are Russian nationalists!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 23:37 - Mar 4 with 2737 viewsGuthrum

Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 23:11 - Mar 4 by J2BLUE

Could have been Russians wanting them to get attacked and live to tell the tale believing they would blame the Ukrainians?

I'd put it more down to being in a vehicle, body armour and getting away as fast as possible. Possibly also not being attacked by top quality troops.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 07:24 - Mar 5 with 2367 viewsRob88

Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 23:37 - Mar 4 by Guthrum

I'd put it more down to being in a vehicle, body armour and getting away as fast as possible. Possibly also not being attacked by top quality troops.

I think they says one of them was shot twice in their body armour.
Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 07:53 - Mar 5 with 2318 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Doesn't seem convenient to me, the car's getting riddled with bullets. No one could be sure the inhabitants would survive that.

I think the most likely explanation - the one used by the journalists themselves - was that it was simply a Russian ambush.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 08:01 - Mar 5 with 2303 viewsbluelagos

Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 07:53 - Mar 5 by The_Flashing_Smile

Doesn't seem convenient to me, the car's getting riddled with bullets. No one could be sure the inhabitants would survive that.

I think the most likely explanation - the one used by the journalists themselves - was that it was simply a Russian ambush.

100%. Appreciate there is lots of misinformation around,, but the journos took bullets.

Why would the Ukrainians attack an unmarked car likely to be carrying Ukranians?

The journos are clear they were targeted and it fits in with other reports of Russian forces targeting civilians. Unless people are arguing Sky journos have colluded in a false story - then it is clear to me that what is filmed is genuine and is from Russian troops or mercenaries.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 08:30 - Mar 5 with 2233 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Think J2 had his tin foil hat on last night.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 09:01 - Mar 5 with 2147 viewsLeoMuff

Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 23:37 - Mar 4 by Guthrum

I think so , if they were elite or intent on killing they would have done so, very very lucky.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 09:50 - Mar 5 with 2044 viewsghostofescobar

How on earth could all those bullets be fired into a car, but with the specific intent of them getting away? That is some amazing shooting to let loose all those bullets directly into that car, but want them to live.

GhostOfEscobar

Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 10:54 - Mar 5 with 1968 viewsGuthrum

Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 08:01 - Mar 5 by bluelagos

100%. Appreciate there is lots of misinformation around,, but the journos took bullets.

Why would the Ukrainians attack an unmarked car likely to be carrying Ukranians?

The journos are clear they were targeted and it fits in with other reports of Russian forces targeting civilians. Unless people are arguing Sky journos have colluded in a false story - then it is clear to me that what is filmed is genuine and is from Russian troops or mercenaries.

The only circumstance under which it might have been Ukrainians would be a jumpy militia roadblock or patrol, who were firing at anything going down the road, especially heading towards Kyiv.

In which case they would most likely have stopped shooting upon being hailed by English voices claiming to be journalists - they being pretty universally on the Ukrainian side. The Russians (especially mercenary groups like the Chechens), on the other hand, would have incentive to get rid of hostile foreign media teams.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 11:28 - Mar 5 with 1894 viewsJ2BLUE

Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 08:01 - Mar 5 by bluelagos

I hope that post isn't aimed at me. If it is, you might want to read my post again.

Truly impaired.

Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 11:29 - Mar 5 with 1889 viewsJ2BLUE

Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 08:30 - Mar 5 by BanksterDebtSlave

Think J2 had his tin foil hat on last night.

Makes a change from it being you doesn't it!

Truly impaired.

Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 11:32 - Mar 5 with 1876 viewsJ2BLUE

I was just thinking out loud.

Just seems the kind of thing the more extreme Russians might do so they could present it as evidence that the BS they say is true. They would only need one survivor.

I fully accept it's unlikely.

Truly impaired.

Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 11:55 - Mar 5 with 1802 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 11:32 - Mar 5 by J2BLUE

I was just thinking out loud.

Just seems the kind of thing the more extreme Russians might do so they could present it as evidence that the BS they say is true. They would only need one survivor.

I fully accept it's unlikely.

It is important that we recognise that there will be propaganda on both sides and that the Russians will spin this too.

However, I think the journalists would be very ill advised to spin anything themselves (not saying you said they were, btw) and the Russians have it in their interests to ensure what is going on is not accurately reported. They are trying to push a narrative that Ukraine are making it all up and they are the liberators. The journalists have an important role to get the truth into the public domain and it is now clear that they are risking their lives to do so.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 12:24 - Mar 5 with 1759 viewsEdmundo

Seeing the fanatical support from some Russians, and also Serbs bizarrely, it's almost a SS-like psychopathic mania that some of these animals have. If we could get away with it, I'd suggest continuous drone strikes from NATO to obliterate the Russian army...

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 13:32 - Mar 5 with 1638 viewsParky

I really don’t know why it wouldn’t be, but why do I struggle to see how this isn’t staged? You can hear at least 30 shots fired, not a single one hit (except for body armour) and as they escape, they run for about 5 seconds and then just walk slowly. I wouldn’t be walking slowly if I’d just been shot at multiple times.

Why do they also not show the shot at body armour?

Before anyone goes off, I’m not a conspiracy theorist, or hold any strong beliefs to get into a major debate, but that was my genuine thoughts after watching this.
Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 21:53 - Mar 5 with 1417 viewsRob88

Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 13:32 - Mar 5 by Parky

I really don’t know why it wouldn’t be, but why do I struggle to see how this isn’t staged? You can hear at least 30 shots fired, not a single one hit (except for body armour) and as they escape, they run for about 5 seconds and then just walk slowly. I wouldn’t be walking slowly if I’d just been shot at multiple times.

Before anyone goes off, I’m not a conspiracy theorist, or hold any strong beliefs to get into a major debate, but that was my genuine thoughts after watching this.

Vlad? Is that you?
Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 22:07 - Mar 5 with 1385 viewsEireannach_gorm

Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 13:32 - Mar 5 by Parky

So what were the flashes just after a minute into the video - sparklers?
Sky News team attacked by Russian squad. on 22:43 - Mar 5 with 1325 viewsSwansea_Blue

They’ve barely got going yet if Chechnya is any indication. Appalling war crimes are Putin’s forte.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024