Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cover options for Edmundson 09:31 - Mar 9 with 2808 viewsKesgrave_Exile

If Edmundson is out for 2-4 weeks then other than Burgess who else can cover? Is Baggott ready or do we recall Ndaba for the last month of the season?
Cover options for Edmundson on 09:35 - Mar 9 with 2432 viewstractordownsouth

Not sure what Ndaba's situation is but most season long loans only have a recall clause in January so we may have missed the boat on that one. It'll have to be Armin or Baggott most likely.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Cover options for Edmundson on 09:35 - Mar 9 with 2429 viewsPhilTWTD

You can't recall players outside windows.
Cover options for Edmundson on 09:36 - Mar 9 with 2422 viewsArnieM

I’d say considering neither have played for first team this season, now is not the time to throw them in , when it’s now arguably the three most important games of the season.

I can Edmundson probably making it , just. But suspect we’ve lost Morsy for rest of the season now. And tha5 will be the killer blow for us …..

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Cover options for Edmundson on 09:36 - Mar 9 with 2423 viewsitfcjoe

We can't recall Ndaba

From what I understand at the time, Thompson was seen as cover at CB as well so maybe he goes inside and Penney comes in as another option

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cover options for Edmundson on 09:38 - Mar 9 with 2396 viewsjayessess

You can't recall loan players outside of transfer windows.

One of the reasons we recruited Thompson is that he covers Left Centre Back, so that's one option. Albie Armin seemed to be top of the pile for U23 centre backs last I checked?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Cover options for Edmundson on 09:40 - Mar 9 with 2382 viewsPhilTWTD

Cover options for Edmundson on 09:36 - Mar 9 by itfcjoe

We can't recall Ndaba

From what I understand at the time, Thompson was seen as cover at CB as well so maybe he goes inside and Penney comes in as another option

Think McKenna's comments last night made it clear Burgess is going to get his chance, has obviously been impressed by him.

McKenna: We Got Off to Another Fast Start, Which is Important 8th Mar 2022 23:20
Blues manager Kieran McKenna was delighted that his side made a fast start as they defeated Lincoln City 2-0 at Portman Road. 4

This post has been edited by an administrator
Cover options for Edmundson on 09:42 - Mar 9 with 2344 viewsDinDjarin

Burgess will slot in there perfect as is left footed. It may even give more balance down that side.

He was highly rated at Stanley so does not weaken us.

Morsy does however and I reckon Celina will be asked to do his role in there to keep the ball moving.

Noticed last night that Burns, Thompson, Donacian, Wolf and Jackson all got knocks during the game and were struggling at one point or another.
Cover options for Edmundson on 09:42 - Mar 9 with 2338 viewsjayessess

Cover options for Edmundson on 09:36 - Mar 9 by ArnieM

I’d say considering neither have played for first team this season, now is not the time to throw them in , when it’s now arguably the three most important games of the season.

I can Edmundson probably making it , just. But suspect we’ve lost Morsy for rest of the season now. And tha5 will be the killer blow for us …..

Second time I've seen predictions of injury doom for both players. Not sure why people feel the need to make snap medical assessments whilst sat in the stands 50 yards away!

Login to get fewer ads

Cover options for Edmundson on 09:43 - Mar 9 with 2321 viewsclive_baker

Not sure we can or would want to recall them, it would be unfair to expect either to come into this side now. Obvious choice is Burgess comes in for Edmundon in a straight switch, and hopefully that back 3 can stay fit until Edmundson is back, which given we have no more midweek games (Easter weekend aside) might not be too many games depending on the injury. Of course it's likely enough games to end our season if we lose them, but we've got 4 games in the next month. Hopefully the back 3 can stay fit for those and the injury isn't too bad. Failing that probably Thompson left of the 3 with KVY or Penney in a LWB. I wouldn't rule out Evans dropping back in there tbh.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Cover options for Edmundson on 09:44 - Mar 9 with 2325 viewstextbackup

Burgess isnt the fridge, but he filled in perfectly lastnight.

he's a player that now has KMc coaching, so i expect he'll look like Rio Ferdinhand 2002-2006
[Post edited 9 Mar 2022 10:08]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Cover options for Edmundson on 09:47 - Mar 9 with 2290 viewsDinDjarin

Cover options for Edmundson on 09:44 - Mar 9 by textbackup

he's a player that now has KMc coaching, so i expect he'll look like Rio Ferdinhand 2002-2006

Thats the thing, he will have been involved in all the training sessions in the way we play now so should come in and be ready.

I really want him to do well as had a bit of a bum deal here so now is his chance.
Cover options for Edmundson on 09:47 - Mar 9 with 2285 viewsArnieM

Cover options for Edmundson on 09:42 - Mar 9 by jayessess

Second time I've seen predictions of injury doom for both players. Not sure why people feel the need to make snap medical assessments whilst sat in the stands 50 yards away!

If Morsy has a hamstring injury even a grade 1 “ strain”, it’s usually 4-6 weeks rehab.
Edmundson ( looking at the video posted on here), looks like his left foot sustained an eversion injury as hie stood on the other players foot. So potentially a lateral collateral ligament injury. Depending on how much stress was place on those ligaments, ( there was a lot of momentum in tha5 challenge), he might make it if it’s strapped up but will the club take that risk ? Not sure.

Trust me I hope I’m wrong…..

Cover options for Edmundson on 10:01 - Mar 9 with 2169 viewsGuthrum

Cover options for Edmundson on 09:47 - Mar 9 by DinDjarin

Thats the thing, he will have been involved in all the training sessions in the way we play now so should come in and be ready.

I really want him to do well as had a bit of a bum deal here so now is his chance.

This is exactly why "cover" players need to be treated as an integral part of the First Team, not just put in storage in the U23s*. They need to have the same training in the same routines as the players they may have to replace, so they can simply slot in.

* Which causes it's own set of problems by denying game time to promising Youths in those positions.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Cover options for Edmundson on 10:03 - Mar 9 with 2146 viewsitfcjoe

Cover options for Edmundson on 09:40 - Mar 9 by PhilTWTD

Think McKenna's comments last night made it clear Burgess is going to get his chance, has obviously been impressed by him.

McKenna: We Got Off to Another Fast Start, Which is Important 8th Mar 2022 23:20
Blues manager Kieran McKenna was delighted that his side made a fast start as they defeated Lincoln City 2-0 at Portman Road. 4

Need to check your opening sentence on that story Philip...!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cover options for Edmundson on 10:11 - Mar 9 with 2101 viewsSteve_M

Cover options for Edmundson on 09:44 - Mar 9 by textbackup

Also, we spent a lot of money on Burgess. He hasn't justified that so far but this is his opportunity. He played ok alongside GE at Wigan and should be ok in a properly organised defence.

The injuries to Morsy and Burns are more of a concern.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cover options for Edmundson on 10:49 - Mar 9 with 2020 viewsArnieM

Cover options for Edmundson on 10:11 - Mar 9 by Steve_M

Also, we spent a lot of money on Burgess. He hasn't justified that so far but this is his opportunity. He played ok alongside GE at Wigan and should be ok in a properly organised defence.

The injuries to Morsy and Burns are more of a concern.

Not sure how he can justify his fee when he wasn’t able get in the team. Maybe he will now .

Cover options for Edmundson on 10:51 - Mar 9 with 2009 viewsDyland

Cover options for Edmundson on 10:49 - Mar 9 by ArnieM

Not sure how he can justify his fee when he wasn’t able get in the team. Maybe he will now .

"He" doesn't need to justify his fee cos "he" didn't determine it. Unless that was a half a keyboard size typo and you meant "we" ;)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Cover options for Edmundson on 12:10 - Mar 9 with 1907 viewsPhilTWTD

Cover options for Edmundson on 10:03 - Mar 9 by itfcjoe

Need to check your opening sentence on that story Philip...!

Ha, fat fingers, literally!
Cover options for Edmundson on 12:12 - Mar 9 with 1882 viewsPhilTWTD

Cover options for Edmundson on 09:47 - Mar 9 by ArnieM

If Morsy has a hamstring injury even a grade 1 “ strain”, it’s usually 4-6 weeks rehab.
Edmundson ( looking at the video posted on here), looks like his left foot sustained an eversion injury as hie stood on the other players foot. So potentially a lateral collateral ligament injury. Depending on how much stress was place on those ligaments, ( there was a lot of momentum in tha5 challenge), he might make it if it’s strapped up but will the club take that risk ? Not sure.

Trust me I hope I’m wrong…..

Morsy can't be too bad as he went back on the pitch again so obviously felt he might be able to continue. Aluko suggested he didn't think it was too bad. A minor tweak unlikely to be more than a couple of weeks at most.
Cover options for Edmundson on 15:30 - Mar 9 with 1682 viewsjayessess

Cover options for Edmundson on 12:12 - Mar 9 by PhilTWTD

Morsy can't be too bad as he went back on the pitch again so obviously felt he might be able to continue. Aluko suggested he didn't think it was too bad. A minor tweak unlikely to be more than a couple of weeks at most.

tbf, Coulson played on too and we never saw him again!

Cover options for Edmundson on 15:31 - Mar 9 with 1678 viewsPhilTWTD

Cover options for Edmundson on 15:30 - Mar 9 by jayessess

tbf, Coulson played on too and we never saw him again!

That wasn't a hamstring though, that was an impact injury, which proved to be bone bruising, if I remember rightly.
Cover options for Edmundson on 15:55 - Mar 9 with 1597 viewsVeggie

Cover options for Edmundson on 09:40 - Mar 9 by PhilTWTD

One advantage of Burgess is his additional height. It might mean we actually become a threat at corners. Possibly.
Any word on Evans on 15:58 - Mar 9 with 1579 viewsC_Jam_Blue

If we are to be without Morsy, it would be good to have Lee Evans back sooner rather than later. KMcK suggested he would be out for a few weeks a fortnight ago but is he back in training or close does anyone know.
Cover options for Edmundson on 07:26 - Mar 10 with 1250 viewsArnieM

Cover options for Edmundson on 10:51 - Mar 9 by Dyland

"He" doesn't need to justify his fee cos "he" didn't determine it. Unless that was a half a keyboard size typo and you meant "we" ;)

I was replying to Steve - M post. In it he refers to Burgess as “he” throughout his post. So perhaps you meant to answer his post and not mine ?

Cover options for Edmundson on 07:43 - Mar 10 with 1226 viewsSteve_M

Cover options for Edmundson on 07:26 - Mar 10 by ArnieM

I was replying to Steve - M post. In it he refers to Burgess as “he” throughout his post. So perhaps you meant to answer his post and not mine ?

Burgess hasn't played well enough in his time here to make him worth what we paid for him, some decent matches early on alongside Wolfenden but some pretty awful ones too - Cambridge's first goal stands out. Not all down to him but, so far, he's been a disappointing signing.

My point was more that he now has an opportunity to show what he can do in an organised defence.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024