Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No new striker 14:54 - Apr 4 with 2597 viewsBlueGhost

Perhaps someone can tell me why we dd not add a scoring striker in January? Imagine what 10 pals could have done? KM is not 100% right as witnessed on Saturday. This season is now history and I think we will go up next season because we have KM, the funding and the fans.
No new striker on 15:03 - Apr 4 with 2071 viewsFixed_It

Because we already had 4 strikers - all of whom have scored goals previously. Hindsight, as they say...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

No new striker on 15:14 - Apr 4 with 2014 viewsjeera

Have you made a single positive post about the club?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

No new striker on 15:14 - Apr 4 with 2012 viewsitfcsuth

It’s great to look back.

By January Macauley Bonne had scored 11 goals, Norwood had come in and scored 4 in 4.

We still had Joe Pigott (20+ goal striker waiting in the wings) and Jackson coming back in to the fold.

It’s always easy to look back, but at the time we probably looked at it as one of or stronger areas.
No new striker on 15:16 - Apr 4 with 2003 viewsclive_baker

I think there's more to it than throwing more mud at the wall in the hope something sticks. Pigott scored a lot for Wimbledon last season and we threw money at him in the summer, Norwood has consistently scored goals (when fit) everywhere he's been. Bonne while not overly prolific in the football league had shown in the first half of the season what he was capable of. Chaplin and Celina have scored and created in the league above from deeper positions. We aren't creating enough in the 18 yard box IMO and it's a bit harsh to blame a lone striker for not scoring more frequently in a side that didn't create anywhere near enough chances.

The reaction to Saturday is mad. It was a crap result and a crap performance, but hopefully it's a reality check for some. We won't win every week, we've not beaten any of the top 6, we're not as good as people like to think we are. BUT we are improving and it is a work in progress. It was always unlikely that KM would have us in the p/offs given how far behind we were but it's been a good half season. If we can finish on clost to 75 points (which is 2 ppg) it's a great effort and bodes well. I think there will be slightly more change than people are perhaps expecting in the summer.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

No new striker on 15:18 - Apr 4 with 1977 viewsCheltenham_Blue

No new striker on 15:14 - Apr 4 by jeera

Have you made a single positive post about the club?

Being fair, he did say he thinks we'll go up next season. After he said that KM was 'not 100% right'.

Give and take.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2022 15:18]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

No new striker on 15:29 - Apr 4 with 1914 viewsjeera

No new striker on 15:18 - Apr 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

Being fair, he did say he thinks we'll go up next season. After he said that KM was 'not 100% right'.

Give and take.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2022 15:18]

Have a nose through the posting history.

It'll take nigh on 30 seconds, there's only two pages and they're all anti-club in one way or another.

I looked because yesterday they were accused of being a budgie, but then BC.

Well the BC can be discounted but the other, not so much maybe.

No new striker on 15:34 - Apr 4 with 1898 viewscatch74

No new striker on 15:29 - Apr 4 by jeera

Have a nose through the posting history.

It'll take nigh on 30 seconds, there's only two pages and they're all anti-club in one way or another.

I looked because yesterday they were accused of being a budgie, but then BC.

Well the BC can be discounted but the other, not so much maybe.

Is it Easter holidays in Suffolk?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

No new striker on 15:35 - Apr 4 with 1902 viewsIllinoisblue

No new striker on 15:16 - Apr 4 by clive_baker

I think there's more to it than throwing more mud at the wall in the hope something sticks. Pigott scored a lot for Wimbledon last season and we threw money at him in the summer, Norwood has consistently scored goals (when fit) everywhere he's been. Bonne while not overly prolific in the football league had shown in the first half of the season what he was capable of. Chaplin and Celina have scored and created in the league above from deeper positions. We aren't creating enough in the 18 yard box IMO and it's a bit harsh to blame a lone striker for not scoring more frequently in a side that didn't create anywhere near enough chances.

The reaction to Saturday is mad. It was a crap result and a crap performance, but hopefully it's a reality check for some. We won't win every week, we've not beaten any of the top 6, we're not as good as people like to think we are. BUT we are improving and it is a work in progress. It was always unlikely that KM would have us in the p/offs given how far behind we were but it's been a good half season. If we can finish on clost to 75 points (which is 2 ppg) it's a great effort and bodes well. I think there will be slightly more change than people are perhaps expecting in the summer.

That’s a very good point about creating chances. We simply don’t do it enough. Norwood’s best chance was from a long ball from Wolf. Not suggesting we do that all game but feels like we need to figure out when to mix it up.

I think the strong reaction to Saturday was because the loss ended the season and also it’s rare to see almost every player have an off day. Carroll the obvious one to point out but Celina had his worst game in a Town shirt too.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

No new striker on 15:37 - Apr 4 with 1886 viewsjeera

No new striker on 15:34 - Apr 4 by catch74

Is it Easter holidays in Suffolk?

It certainly is possible, if not likely.

But fair to say yesterday, being a Sunday, might not have made much difference.

No new striker on 15:38 - Apr 4 with 1872 viewsberkstractorboy

No new striker on 15:16 - Apr 4 by clive_baker

We beat Plymouth
No new striker on 15:41 - Apr 4 with 1842 viewsHighgateBlue

No new striker on 15:03 - Apr 4 by Fixed_It

Because we already had 4 strikers - all of whom have scored goals previously. Hindsight, as they say...

Depends what you count as a striker, and what constitutes scoring goals previously. What I would say is that Simpson is a striker and has scored goals previously. I would have liked to see him picked already. I understand why he hasn't been. But now we're clearly out of the playoff hunt and probably going to finish in the mid table third, I think it would be criminal not to use him, especially given what we have (not) seen from our other strikers in 2022.
No new striker on 15:43 - Apr 4 with 1828 viewsclive_baker

No new striker on 15:38 - Apr 4 by berkstractorboy

We beat Plymouth

Fair, we did beat Plymouth. 1 win in 12 against the current top 7, with 2 to come.

No new striker on 15:43 - Apr 4 with 1831 viewsChurchman

It’s surely obvious even to you.

We had plenty of forwards in an oversized squad, KM had been here two weeks, finding the right striker that is available is not like buying a four pack of baked beans.

Why are you bothering to do this endless negativity nonsense? Are you ill? Do you and the Elephantbloke dream this pathetic stuff up while watching your teletubbies videos?
No new striker on 15:52 - Apr 4 with 1781 viewsclive_baker

No new striker on 15:43 - Apr 4 by Churchman

It’s surely obvious even to you.

We had plenty of forwards in an oversized squad, KM had been here two weeks, finding the right striker that is available is not like buying a four pack of baked beans.

Why are you bothering to do this endless negativity nonsense? Are you ill? Do you and the Elephantbloke dream this pathetic stuff up while watching your teletubbies videos?

Is that elephant still knocking about? Thought he would've been banned ages ago, tedious t0sser.

No new striker on 15:53 - Apr 4 with 1773 viewsberkstractorboy

No new striker on 15:43 - Apr 4 by clive_baker

Fair, we did beat Plymouth. 1 win in 12 against the current top 7, with 2 to come.

Impressive isn't it!!
No new striker on 15:59 - Apr 4 with 1732 viewsoldburian

No new striker on 15:43 - Apr 4 by clive_baker

It is selective, drop down to top eight and we have two more wins!
No new striker on 16:06 - Apr 4 with 1699 viewshomer_123

No new striker on 15:35 - Apr 4 by Illinoisblue

That’s a very good point about creating chances. We simply don’t do it enough. Norwood’s best chance was from a long ball from Wolf. Not suggesting we do that all game but feels like we need to figure out when to mix it up.

I think the strong reaction to Saturday was because the loss ended the season and also it’s rare to see almost every player have an off day. Carroll the obvious one to point out but Celina had his worst game in a Town shirt too.

I slightly beg to differ Illy. We create chances, we don't put the ball in the net. We could look at the quality of those chances but our problem is a relatively simple one - we don't beat the keeper enough but we do create enough chances to do so.

Cambridge - 12 shots, 6 on target
Plymouth - 18 shots, 4 on target
Oxford - 12 shots, 6 on target
Portsmouth - 14 shots, 3 on target
Lincoln - 17 shots, 3 on target
Fleetwood - 11 shots, 4 on target

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

No new striker on 16:50 - Apr 4 with 1605 viewsIllinoisblue

No new striker on 16:06 - Apr 4 by homer_123

I slightly beg to differ Illy. We create chances, we don't put the ball in the net. We could look at the quality of those chances but our problem is a relatively simple one - we don't beat the keeper enough but we do create enough chances to do so.

Cambridge - 12 shots, 6 on target
Plymouth - 18 shots, 4 on target
Oxford - 12 shots, 6 on target
Portsmouth - 14 shots, 3 on target
Lincoln - 17 shots, 3 on target
Fleetwood - 11 shots, 4 on target

That’s not a lot of on target shots.

62 - 78 - 81

No new striker on 16:52 - Apr 4 with 1598 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

"We"

No new striker on 16:54 - Apr 4 with 1578 viewsVeggie

Hang on… BlueGhost, BlueFish… hmmm
No new striker on 16:57 - Apr 4 with 1575 viewsjeera

No new striker on 16:54 - Apr 4 by Veggie

Hang on… BlueGhost, BlueFish… hmmm

It's nothing like fishers.

This one joined in Dec 2018 and has only made negative posts about Evans, Lambert, Cook, and more recently, McKenna's choices.

He's not a fan, so to speak.

No new striker on 16:58 - Apr 4 with 1559 viewshomer_123

No new striker on 16:50 - Apr 4 by Illinoisblue

That’s not a lot of on target shots.

Well - yes, Illy - that's my point. We create chances but don't convert.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

No new striker on 16:58 - Apr 4 with 1567 viewsPhilTWTD

No new striker on 16:57 - Apr 4 by jeera

It's nothing like fishers.

This one joined in Dec 2018 and has only made negative posts about Evans, Lambert, Cook, and more recently, McKenna's choices.

He's not a fan, so to speak.

Actually joined a long time before that, I can see from our records. Old posts before that will have been archived.
No new striker on 17:04 - Apr 4 with 1527 viewsjeera

No new striker on 16:58 - Apr 4 by PhilTWTD

Actually joined a long time before that, I can see from our records. Old posts before that will have been archived.

You'd be able to see if he's on a wind-up or just a permanently disgruntled 'fan' then.

I know 'we' shouldn't speculate but it's difficult not to when these threads get started and the OP disappears with nothing to add.

What's the purpose of spreading negativity for the sake of it if one supports Town.

My long-winded point being there's nothing of any substance in between. No celebrations of any wins, any signings, much regarding the takeover, no ifollow info requests, no Gatwick, no cheese...

No new striker on 17:26 - Apr 4 with 1449 viewsIllinoisblue

No new striker on 16:58 - Apr 4 by homer_123

Well - yes, Illy - that's my point. We create chances but don't convert.

The stats are misleading anyway; a tame shot that dribbles through to the keeper might count as “on target” but it’s not really a threat.

Town should just score five a game from now on to shut us all up

62 - 78 - 81

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024