Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biden calls Putin a war criminal again 16:05 - Apr 4 with 2723 viewsChurchman

Biden was widely criticised for his words the other day. Just now he said:

“You may remember I got criticised for calling Putin a war criminal. Well, the truth of the matter, you saw what happened in Bucha, this warrants him... He is a war criminal.”
"We have to gather the information... we have to continue to provide Ukraine with the weapons they need to continue the fight, and we have to get all the detail so this can have a war crimes trial. "This guy is brutal.
"What's happened in Bucha is outrageous and everyone has seen it. I think it is a war crime.
"He should be held accountable."

I know plenty of people will worry this language might not be diplomatic and might annoy Putin and his allies in Hungary, India, China, but from what has emerged over the last few weeks and days, he is surely right and it should be publicly said, shouldn’t it?
Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 16:06 - Apr 4 with 1871 viewsJ2BLUE

He was right then, he's even more right now.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 16:26 - Apr 4 with 1780 viewsGlasgowBlue

The issue wasn't Biden calling Putin a war criminal. It was calling for regime change, which play's into Putin's hands.

Putin is a war criminal and should be called out as such.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 16:26 - Apr 4 with 1812 viewsjeera

It's insane a dictator can invade a country and murder its citizens in their thousands, but people are too frightened to publicly call it what it is in case of reprisals.

Wtf is wrong with us?

I was annoyed when I saw the WH clambering over his words last week in a panic to play down what the man said. How dare they undermine their own man like that for having the courage to speak up and say what the whole world should be saying each and every day as loudly as possible.

It needs pointing out, it needs repeating.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 16:31 - Apr 4 with 1771 viewsLord_Lucan

I think Sleepy Joe has called it right. I haven't read exactly what he said but if he indicates it's Putin and distances it from his more moderate Merry Men then it increases the chances of Putin getting overthrown by his own

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 16:33 - Apr 4 with 1759 viewsjeera

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 16:31 - Apr 4 by Lord_Lucan

I think Sleepy Joe has called it right. I haven't read exactly what he said but if he indicates it's Putin and distances it from his more moderate Merry Men then it increases the chances of Putin getting overthrown by his own

Quite.

Putin needs alienating as much as possible until it becomes perfectly clear Russia will not be allowed back into the fold until he and his vile agendas are history.

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 16:33 - Apr 4 with 1758 viewsbaxterbasics

As Glasgow has already said, don't think it's the name calling anyone had a problem with, it was the call for regime change, which is a different thing altogether and not current US policy last I checked. That's the part that upset his handlers/carers.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 16:36 - Apr 4 with 1747 viewsjeera

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 16:33 - Apr 4 by baxterbasics

As Glasgow has already said, don't think it's the name calling anyone had a problem with, it was the call for regime change, which is a different thing altogether and not current US policy last I checked. That's the part that upset his handlers/carers.

But he's still right, Russia does need a regime change.

I'm not sure Biden said it had to come from external forces.

He might have hinted at that but I can't remember without listening/looking again.

Either way, it's still the truth.

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 16:39 - Apr 4 with 1718 viewsblueasfook

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 16:33 - Apr 4 by jeera

Quite.

Putin needs alienating as much as possible until it becomes perfectly clear Russia will not be allowed back into the fold until he and his vile agendas are history.

I am not sure they care. They have pals in China and India.

Surprised India have sided with Russia to be honest. Its not like the West ever did anything to them.

Oh...

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Login to get fewer ads

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 16:41 - Apr 4 with 1711 viewsChurchman

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 16:26 - Apr 4 by GlasgowBlue

The issue wasn't Biden calling Putin a war criminal. It was calling for regime change, which play's into Putin's hands.

Putin is a war criminal and should be called out as such.

I believe he was right to call for regime change. The trouble is that the only people that should change the regime is the Russian people and they’re in no position whatsoever to do that, sadly. Put a toe out of line there and you’re carted off.

But I do think it right that foreign politicians call Putin out and tell it exactly as it is. If that enrages Putin and his buddies, so be it. He takes anyone who doesn’t bend the knee to him as a nothing anyway.
Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 16:52 - Apr 4 with 1671 viewsjeera

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 16:39 - Apr 4 by blueasfook

Surprised India have sided with Russia to be honest. Its not like the West ever did anything to them.

Oh...

Who knows what China want?

You'd think given all the work that's gone into becoming such a dominant trading country the last thing they'd want is a ruck with the West.

India I cannot fathom. I am fully aware there are elements of Indian society who hate the English, (it's always the English and hardly ever the British), but it's not rife throughout society in my experience. Many regular people seem to enjoy the perceived relationship with the UK.

And India has also benefited hugely through trade with the UK recent years with many of our larger operations outsourcing over there.

I know some would also point to the funding that's been 'sent' there but it wouldn't be unfair for India to argue that's just a drip by drip repayment of what's been taken in the past.

A degree of resentment towards the UK I understand, but ties with Russia ffs?

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 17:05 - Apr 4 with 1620 viewsblueasfook

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 16:52 - Apr 4 by jeera

Who knows what China want?

You'd think given all the work that's gone into becoming such a dominant trading country the last thing they'd want is a ruck with the West.

India I cannot fathom. I am fully aware there are elements of Indian society who hate the English, (it's always the English and hardly ever the British), but it's not rife throughout society in my experience. Many regular people seem to enjoy the perceived relationship with the UK.

And India has also benefited hugely through trade with the UK recent years with many of our larger operations outsourcing over there.

I know some would also point to the funding that's been 'sent' there but it wouldn't be unfair for India to argue that's just a drip by drip repayment of what's been taken in the past.

A degree of resentment towards the UK I understand, but ties with Russia ffs?

Goes back many years apparently. They've been buying Russian weapons and military equipment for a long time. I guess the recent situation has forced them to take a side, and reveal their true alliances.

I think they will regret politically. They've backed their horse in Putin and the Western allies wont forget it.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2022 17:05]

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 17:07 - Apr 4 with 1627 viewsGuthrum

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 16:39 - Apr 4 by blueasfook

Oh...

In both cases, it comes down to cheap oil. With Russia desperate to sell to someone in the face of boycotts, they can demand hefty discounts.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 17:24 - Apr 4 with 1556 viewsfactual_blue

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 16:26 - Apr 4 by jeera

It's insane a dictator can invade a country and murder its citizens in their thousands, but people are too frightened to publicly call it what it is in case of reprisals.

Wtf is wrong with us?

I was annoyed when I saw the WH clambering over his words last week in a panic to play down what the man said. How dare they undermine their own man like that for having the courage to speak up and say what the whole world should be saying each and every day as loudly as possible.

It's NOT an invasion. It's very much a Special Military Operation.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 17:42 - Apr 4 with 1524 viewsGuthrum

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 17:05 - Apr 4 by blueasfook

Goes back many years apparently. They've been buying Russian weapons and military equipment for a long time. I guess the recent situation has forced them to take a side, and reveal their true alliances.

I think they will regret politically. They've backed their horse in Putin and the Western allies wont forget it.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2022 17:05]

They haven't really. More treading a fine line between condemnation and support. They've not voted with Russia in the UN, or supplied them with arms. Are even being circumspect about sanctions.

They simply haven't leapt in line with the West, either. It would have been far too much to have expected them to.

Especially, in the case of Beijing, given the ticklish issue of Taiwan. Plus the fact they'd prefer a moderately strong Russia and West, rather than the former crushed and the latter supreme.

China has been careful not to burn any bridges in practical terms, whatever the rhetoric about unlimited cooperation with Moscow. I doubt it will have any long-term repercussions for them.

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 17:49 - Apr 4 with 1505 viewsLord_Lucan

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 17:42 - Apr 4 by Guthrum

They haven't really. More treading a fine line between condemnation and support. They've not voted with Russia in the UN, or supplied them with arms. Are even being circumspect about sanctions.

They simply haven't leapt in line with the West, either. It would have been far too much to have expected them to.

Especially, in the case of Beijing, given the ticklish issue of Taiwan. Plus the fact they'd prefer a moderately strong Russia and West, rather than the former crushed and the latter supreme.

China has been careful not to burn any bridges in practical terms, whatever the rhetoric about unlimited cooperation with Moscow. I doubt it will have any long-term repercussions for them.

China is a business, it's the worlds supermarket and they don't really want to upset any of their customers - and they certainly wouldn't want to upset a very large customer.

I also think that next to Indonesia China get's most of their coal from Russia - and China is also Russia's biggest export customer.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2022 17:51]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 17:53 - Apr 4 with 1482 viewsGuthrum

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 17:49 - Apr 4 by Lord_Lucan

China is a business, it's the worlds supermarket and they don't really want to upset any of their customers - and they certainly wouldn't want to upset a very large customer.

I also think that next to Indonesia China get's most of their coal from Russia - and China is also Russia's biggest export customer.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2022 17:51]

Indeed. Tho China makes a lot more money from selling stuff to Europe and the US.

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 18:14 - Apr 4 with 1452 viewsIllinoisblue

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 16:26 - Apr 4 by jeera

Wtf is wrong with us?

It’s unsettling to be scrolling through Twitter and among the usual nonsense and bantz you see images of war and mass graves. Happening in Europe in 2022 and the powers that be are arguing about semantics and sanctions. It’s quite something.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 18:28 - Apr 4 with 1418 viewsLord_Lucan

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 17:53 - Apr 4 by Guthrum

Indeed. Tho China makes a lot more money from selling stuff to Europe and the US.

I agree - hence they will just keep their head down

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 19:28 - Apr 4 with 1330 viewsjeera

Interesting to see just now on Ch.4 news a few senators being collared by the reporter, each of whom saying the same thing that not enough is being done by the US.

More than a couple state they should intervene militarily and not just by supplying arms either, but by direct assault on the Russian invading forces.

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 19:33 - Apr 4 with 1319 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Too right. Are we worried about the sensibilities of Vladolf and China now?
Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 19:43 - Apr 4 with 1306 viewsjeera

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 19:33 - Apr 4 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Too right. Are we worried about the sensibilities of Vladolf and China now?

Reports of women and even children having been raped.

I was just chatting with my sister on the phone and she's saying the same lines of how engaging directly would trigger WW3.

Then I asked how she'd feel if it were her little granddaughters being systematically raped and she changed her mind on the matter.

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 19:49 - Apr 4 with 1291 viewsChurchman

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 18:14 - Apr 4 by Illinoisblue

It’s unsettling to be scrolling through Twitter and among the usual nonsense and bantz you see images of war and mass graves. Happening in Europe in 2022 and the powers that be are arguing about semantics and sanctions. It’s quite something.

Ahh, but sanctions are the panacea for the countries that want it all to end at any cost with least damage to themselves - e.g. Germany. Tell everyone how much they are punishing Russia with a seizure of a rich man’s boat or two and boy do they look tough.

The rouble is at the pre war levels and Putin believes that the west has no stomach for this to drag on too long, so a little sanctions sabre rattling shortage on the shelves blamed on the west, gold reserves intact, oil and gas markets expanding with its best mates India and China - all good.

Meanwhile, Poland is worried and doing its best at one end, Hungary pro Putin and the rest of the europeans are split in between. It will be interesting to see if Russia’s excesses in murdering civilians makes a difference. It should, but I have my doubts.

The U.K. has been singled out for hostility by a Russia which means however weak we are and however pathetic BJ is, we are doing something right for a change. But it’s the US actions that really count. What do they do next and if that’s more action, will the get European support?
Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 20:27 - Apr 4 with 1221 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 16:36 - Apr 4 by jeera

But he's still right, Russia does need a regime change.

I'm not sure Biden said it had to come from external forces.

He might have hinted at that but I can't remember without listening/looking again.

Either way, it's still the truth.

If he is a war criminal as the weight of evidence seems to heavily suggest, on what basis should he be allowed to remain in power. It may not be common practice for Governments to call for regime change but there is every right to call for him to face charges of war crimes. He is not going to face them as Russian President, is he? He needs to face justice as soon as possible for the good of the Russian people as much as for the good of the Ukrainian people.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 20:52 - Apr 4 with 1161 viewsElderGrizzly

Watch Fox say Biden is wrong and Putin ‘deserves better’ diplomacy

Which of course is nailed on after this

[Post edited 4 Apr 2022 20:54]
Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 20:55 - Apr 4 with 1156 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Biden calls Putin a war criminal again on 19:43 - Apr 4 by jeera

Reports of women and even children having been raped.

I was just chatting with my sister on the phone and she's saying the same lines of how engaging directly would trigger WW3.

Then I asked how she'd feel if it were her little granddaughters being systematically raped and she changed her mind on the matter.

Indeed i took a break from social media today, just full of far right and far left shills pushing their conspiracy theories/but NATO comments/Putin enablement.

I was against intervention from the start, but at this stage it seems Russia’s capacity to even start WW3 looks pretty limited. Surely his generals wouldn’t allow nuclear escalation unless Russia itself was under threat.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024