Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jackson's injury was a critical moment wasn't it? 08:17 - Apr 6 with 1202 viewsDubtractor

That run of games with him back in the side, from mk dons to Lincoln we were looking the real deal, scoring more frequently, but looking much more dangerous in the final third too. Even against Cheltenham we looked very good despite the goalless score.

In the 4 games since we've dominated games for long periods, but without really looking too dangerous in the final third.

Clearly we have a squad that should be able to cope with absences, but Jackson's injury seems to have made us easier to defend against.

I don't know if that is just about individual attributes of our striking options, or just lack of form, but only Norwood has looked close to effective at the forward role in the last 4 games.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Jackson's injury was a critical moment wasn't it? on 08:35 - Apr 6 with 1141 viewsSteve_M

We certainly missed him on Saturday, didn't think it was too much of a problem against Oxford and Plymouth though.

Even without Jackson, I still think we concede at a bad time on Saturday as we were just working up some pressure on them.

I can't see Norwood being here next year, the isn't consistently good enough for McK's approach and suspect it'll be, at most, one of Bonne and Piggot.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Jackson's injury was a critical moment wasn't it? on 08:53 - Apr 6 with 1083 viewsChurchman

It’s an interesting point, but the fact is that our forward line has been the one area of concern all season. It’ll be interesting to see how McKenna takes this forward, who stays, goes, comes in.
Jackson's injury was a critical moment wasn't it? on 09:04 - Apr 6 with 1048 viewsfranz_tyson

Jackson's injury was a critical moment wasn't it? on 08:53 - Apr 6 by Churchman

It’s an interesting point, but the fact is that our forward line has been the one area of concern all season. It’ll be interesting to see how McKenna takes this forward, who stays, goes, comes in.

When you say forward line are you only talking about the one position - the striker?

Should we count Celina, Aluko and Chaplin? Should we be expecting more from them? I like all of them individually, but I do wonder if they should contribute more. Can't say I recall the striker missing chance after chance. Is that the only problem?

Might be McKenna looks at that number 10 role as well as the striker situation?
Jackson's injury was a critical moment wasn't it? on 09:09 - Apr 6 with 992 viewschicoazul

Yep. Jackson is the only player we have up front with real pace.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Jackson's injury was a critical moment wasn't it? on 09:36 - Apr 6 with 937 viewsjayessess

Surely the quality of opposition is a big factor in this?

Putting Cambridge to one side, Portsmouth, Oxford and Plymouth are tougher opposition than Lincoln, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Cheltenham and Burton. I'd expect us to create a bit less.

I think Jackson's a miss, particularly against teams that want to press us high. I'm not sure he would've been that much help against teams sitting as deep as Cambridge, especially given the other 9 outfield players were so off it.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Jackson's injury was a critical moment wasn't it? on 09:42 - Apr 6 with 905 viewsDennyx4

Jackson's injury was a critical moment wasn't it? on 09:09 - Apr 6 by chicoazul

Yep. Jackson is the only player we have up front with real pace.

Simpson is meant to be really quick too
Jackson's injury was a critical moment wasn't it? on 09:42 - Apr 6 with 907 viewsBlueBadger

Jackson's injury was a critical moment wasn't it? on 08:35 - Apr 6 by Steve_M

We certainly missed him on Saturday, didn't think it was too much of a problem against Oxford and Plymouth though.

Even without Jackson, I still think we concede at a bad time on Saturday as we were just working up some pressure on them.

I can't see Norwood being here next year, the isn't consistently good enough for McK's approach and suspect it'll be, at most, one of Bonne and Piggot.

If it comes down to 'can we offload Piggot' we'll be stuck with Piggot, out of Piggot and Bonne, I suspect.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Jackson's injury was a critical moment wasn't it? on 09:44 - Apr 6 with 904 viewsStrimmer

Interesting point. Just noodling here but KcK coming from an elite background, I reckon he really values pace and discipline to run patterns up front. 3-4-3 or a variation thereof, pacey runners who've been through top acadamies schooled in a big book of runs like american football, that's top level football no? Maybe he'll be after premier league drop downs in the summer window, people who know how to play that game.

Poll: Was it a punch?

Login to get fewer ads

Jackson's injury was a critical moment wasn't it? on 10:13 - Apr 6 with 806 viewsBlueBadger

Jackson's injury was a critical moment wasn't it? on 09:36 - Apr 6 by jayessess

Surely the quality of opposition is a big factor in this?

Putting Cambridge to one side, Portsmouth, Oxford and Plymouth are tougher opposition than Lincoln, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Cheltenham and Burton. I'd expect us to create a bit less.

I think Jackson's a miss, particularly against teams that want to press us high. I'm not sure he would've been that much help against teams sitting as deep as Cambridge, especially given the other 9 outfield players were so off it.

I read your opening sentence and thought 'most tenuous 'yes but Labour' yet'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Jackson's injury was a critical moment wasn't it? on 10:50 - Apr 6 with 735 viewsChrisd

He certainly had a couple of decent performances since getting back in the side, but if we are putting our hopes on him to get us promotion next season, I'd be a little disappointed. A few encouraging displays aren't going to convince me he's the answer I'm afraid.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Jackson's injury was a critical moment wasn't it? on 11:55 - Apr 6 with 607 viewsBondiBlue

Jackson's injury was a critical moment wasn't it? on 09:04 - Apr 6 by franz_tyson

When you say forward line are you only talking about the one position - the striker?

Should we count Celina, Aluko and Chaplin? Should we be expecting more from them? I like all of them individually, but I do wonder if they should contribute more. Can't say I recall the striker missing chance after chance. Is that the only problem?

I'm really surprised mckenna hasn't play chaplin up top yet as a false 9. Maybe he's worried about looking like a muppet if he goes full guardiola in league one.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Jackson's injury was a critical moment wasn't it? on 12:29 - Apr 6 with 539 viewsChurchman

Jackson's injury was a critical moment wasn't it? on 09:04 - Apr 6 by franz_tyson

I was deliberately vague as I too like the players you mentioned individually. Maybe it’s how they’re being used, partnerships, lack of a right player up front to bring it together? I really don’t know but I don’t think it’ll take much to make us a really powerful team next year.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024