Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for the last 5 games 09:07 - Apr 9 with 1126 viewsC_Jam_Blue

When do we think KMK might start experimenting and giving a few fringe and younger players their chance. From today, when it's mathematically impossible to go up or not until pre-season.
Team for the last 5 games on 09:10 - Apr 9 with 1110 viewsWoolfenthen

May be forced into it today if the illness bug reported means a number may have to miss out
Team for the last 5 games on 09:36 - Apr 9 with 1053 viewsBlueBadger

I don't think we'll see any out and out experimenting until it's truly mathematically GONE, but we might see a few more youth and fringe players on the bench starting today. McKenna and the players seem to be too genuinely motivated to give up and take a 'free hit' still.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Team for the last 5 games on 10:13 - Apr 9 with 990 viewsGuthrum

I think it'll come down more to when he thinks they're ready. There's not much to be gained by simply throwing them in just to "see how they might do" if he thinks they aren't. Nor in throwing away a game when players who could win it are sat in the stands.

It's mainly the Youth we're talking about, most of the rest (who are not injured) have been rotated through the team in McKenna's time. Some have gone out on loan, so can't be included. He sees them in training and in the U23s (or gets reports) and I reckon he'll make a judgement on that more than "having a look".

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Team for the last 5 games on 10:25 - Apr 9 with 969 viewswrightsrightglove

Team for the last 5 games on 10:13 - Apr 9 by Guthrum

I think it'll come down more to when he thinks they're ready. There's not much to be gained by simply throwing them in just to "see how they might do" if he thinks they aren't. Nor in throwing away a game when players who could win it are sat in the stands.

It's mainly the Youth we're talking about, most of the rest (who are not injured) have been rotated through the team in McKenna's time. Some have gone out on loan, so can't be included. He sees them in training and in the U23s (or gets reports) and I reckon he'll make a judgement on that more than "having a look".

I agree with this. I don’t think he’s a manager who will chuck the youth in just for the sake of it, they’ll have to prove their ready and can improve the team straight away. It’s so important that we finish the season strongly and build momentum into next season.
We should drive to finish at least 8th, so play our best team, get more ruthless (n/t) on 10:34 - Apr 9 with 951 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Team for the last 5 games on 10:43 - Apr 9 with 930 viewsBlueBadger

Team for the last 5 games on 10:25 - Apr 9 by wrightsrightglove

I agree with this. I don’t think he’s a manager who will chuck the youth in just for the sake of it, they’ll have to prove their ready and can improve the team straight away. It’s so important that we finish the season strongly and build momentum into next season.

I don't think that there'll be very much Paul-esque chucking in of youngsters to distract from any criticism.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2022 14:29]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We should drive to finish at least 8th, so play our best team, get more ruthless on 10:47 - Apr 9 with 915 viewsKeno

We should drive to finish at least 8th, so play our best team, get more ruthless (n/t) on 10:34 - Apr 9 by unstableblue

I miss being 15th

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Team for the last 5 games on 10:57 - Apr 9 with 891 viewsBLUEBEAT

I’d like to see him give KVY a real run at the last few games in place of loanee Thompson.

Poll: W or W

Login to get fewer ads

Team for the last 5 games on 11:19 - Apr 9 with 833 viewsbobbyramsey

He's already said he won't be experimenting, he wants a strong end to the season.
Team for the last 5 games on 11:51 - Apr 9 with 789 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

The difference this time round is that the manager has not been here a full season and we actually have a good team and squad so I doubt we’ll see any major curveballs.
In years gone by players got chucked in by virtue of being youngsters from the academy.. which we don’t need to be doing this time round as McKenna is still trying to fine tune his best team.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Simpson, Humphreys and Baggott take places on the bench, but other than that it’ll be business as dual
Team for the last 5 games on 14:09 - Apr 9 with 642 viewsjayessess

Not even a question until Crewe at the earliest, I'd say.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Team for the last 5 games on 14:21 - Apr 9 with 622 viewsGrumpy_Old_Man

Team for the last 5 games on 14:09 - Apr 9 by jayessess

Not even a question until Crewe at the earliest, I'd say.

There was not one performance in the U23s match this week that would warrant giving any player a run out in the first team.

Remembering of course that the U23s are last years U18s.
Team for the last 5 games on 14:28 - Apr 9 with 609 viewsjayessess

Team for the last 5 games on 14:21 - Apr 9 by Grumpy_Old_Man

There was not one performance in the U23s match this week that would warrant giving any player a run out in the first team.

Remembering of course that the U23s are last years U18s.

Notwithstanding one underwhelming performance by our U23s, it's mainly just that we're a professional football club and aren't just going to say "fck it" and put out weakened teams against experienced opponents.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024