Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. 17:42 - Apr 25 with 419847 viewsEireannach_gorm

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/25/evidence-ukraine-women-raped-befor

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russia-turned-a-bucha-building-into-an-execution-si
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 09:36 - Oct 7 with 5869 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 08:17 - Oct 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

"...rocket capable of devastating half a square mile of land in a single salvo, as they prepare to take on Russian defensive positions in Kherson...."
It won't be land that gets devastated by ball bearings. Disgusting really!

A good description of it here and some of the other bits of kit facing the Russians.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidhambling/2022/10/05/new-types-of-ammunition-ma

You don’t want to be anywhere near this stuff. I pity those conscripts.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 11:49 - Oct 7 with 5822 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 08:17 - Oct 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

"...rocket capable of devastating half a square mile of land in a single salvo, as they prepare to take on Russian defensive positions in Kherson...."
It won't be land that gets devastated by ball bearings. Disgusting really!

Might counter the Thermo(bar)baric bombs that the Russians have already used in Ukraine.

https://armscontrolcenter.org/fact-sheet-russias-use-of-thermobaric-weapons-in-u

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 13:14 - Oct 7 with 5803 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 09:36 - Oct 7 by Churchman

A good description of it here and some of the other bits of kit facing the Russians.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidhambling/2022/10/05/new-types-of-ammunition-ma

You don’t want to be anywhere near this stuff. I pity those conscripts.

Ok I’m sure there’s a propaganda element t9 this, but it seems there are issues within Russia’s organisation and recruitment

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/russian-infighting-peaks-calls-suicide-174710277.html

I don’t blame conscripts for not fancying the meat grinder that is Ukraine.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 14:07 - Oct 7 with 5750 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 11:49 - Oct 7 by Eireannach_gorm

Might counter the Thermo(bar)baric bombs that the Russians have already used in Ukraine.

https://armscontrolcenter.org/fact-sheet-russias-use-of-thermobaric-weapons-in-u

I wasn't suggesting a game of disgusting weapons top trumps! No Leaders!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 14:20 - Oct 7 with 5743 viewsjeera

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 14:07 - Oct 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

I wasn't suggesting a game of disgusting weapons top trumps! No Leaders!

What warped minds come up with these ideas?

Thermobaric bombs ffs, bombs that scatter ball-bearings...

There's something inherently wrong with us as a species.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 15:35 - Oct 7 with 5700 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 14:20 - Oct 7 by jeera

Doesn't it make you hanker for a good clean nuclear missile ( not! ).

Mention of the Thermobaric bomb was because it has been already used by Russia in Ukraine and of course we have the threat of the above also.

There is savagery going on on both sides but the difference with the Russians is they are targeting civilians.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 16:00 - Oct 7 with 5691 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 14:20 - Oct 7 by jeera

Sadly, people finding new and ever more devastating ways to kill has happened throughout history.

In 1917 for example, the British detonated a series of mines underneath the Germans at Messines. 455 tons of explosives killed about 10,000 Germans in seconds. Vaporised, buried, torn apart, suffocated, you name it. Some were found in lines in their trenches looking un damaged - but their bones had turned to dust.

It was one of the largest man made explosions in history, heard in London and Dublin. A small event in a killing fest all the result of the Kaiser’s vaulting ambition, ego and insanity. Sounds familiar.

Yes, there’s something inherently wrong with us as a species.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 17:55 - Oct 7 with 5654 viewsjeera

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 16:00 - Oct 7 by Churchman

Sadly, people finding new and ever more devastating ways to kill has happened throughout history.

In 1917 for example, the British detonated a series of mines underneath the Germans at Messines. 455 tons of explosives killed about 10,000 Germans in seconds. Vaporised, buried, torn apart, suffocated, you name it. Some were found in lines in their trenches looking un damaged - but their bones had turned to dust.

It was one of the largest man made explosions in history, heard in London and Dublin. A small event in a killing fest all the result of the Kaiser’s vaulting ambition, ego and insanity. Sounds familiar.

Yes, there’s something inherently wrong with us as a species.

Oh christ we only have to look at historical weapons to see how cruel people could be.

Lots of spiky and sharp things.

But you'd like to think we've slowly moved away from it all but we're as mired as in it as we ever have been.

It's sickening that 'we' don't learn. We don't seem to evolve. We just have more things.

Login to get fewer ads

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 18:18 - Oct 7 with 5627 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 17:55 - Oct 7 by jeera

Oh christ we only have to look at historical weapons to see how cruel people could be.

But you'd like to think we've slowly moved away from it all but we're as mired as in it as we ever have been.

It's sickening that 'we' don't learn. We don't seem to evolve. We just have more things.

Even in the Middle Ages people were trying to find better ways of killing. The warbow (longbow) being the classic mass killing weapon. Mowed the French down in numbers and they claimed it wasn’t fair. Clobbering somebody with a mace, hammer, axe or heavy sword was honourable.

No, we’ve not moved on. Just look at how quick people are to enjoy killing, torture and rape in Ukraine. And a lot of people really do enjoy it.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 08:49 - Oct 8 with 5557 viewsChurchman

I think that bridge to Crimea is going to need a lick of paint

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2022/oct/08/russia-ukraine-war-live-news-
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 09:51 - Oct 8 with 5529 viewsWD19

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 08:49 - Oct 8 by Churchman

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2022/oct/08/russia-ukraine-war-live-news-

These Ukrainians are good at this stuff. Great to see.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 16:43 - Oct 8 with 5462 viewsKropotkin123

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 08:49 - Oct 8 by Churchman

"The speaker of Russia’s lower house of parliament, the Duma, called it “an act of war”"...

Dozy Russians. Eight years into starting a war they're shocked by an act of war!

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 16:48 - Oct 8 with 5446 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 16:43 - Oct 8 by Kropotkin123

"The speaker of Russia’s lower house of parliament, the Duma, called it “an act of war”"...

Dozy Russians. Eight years into starting a war they're shocked by an act of war!

It is pretty disgraceful to react to their special military operation with an act of war.

However, it does mean Russia's Duma now recognise that it is a war.

At some point they will realise just how dangerous in terms of military deaths this special military operation has been.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 18:26 - Oct 8 with 5411 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 16:48 - Oct 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

It is pretty disgraceful to react to their special military operation with an act of war.

However, it does mean Russia's Duma now recognise that it is a war.

At some point they will realise just how dangerous in terms of military deaths this special military operation has been.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/crimea-bridge-explosion-turning-point-124500842.html

As a cornered animal, I guess Putin is as dangerous now as ever.

I am not sure there is any fair or realistic option to allow him a way out that saves any face. The alternative is to resoundingly beat him.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 18:35 - Oct 8 with 5406 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 18:26 - Oct 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am not sure there is any fair or realistic option to allow him a way out that saves any face. The alternative is to resoundingly beat him.

He’s always been dangerous. My hope is that the heavier the losses, the more people within Russia might say ‘enough’. Why would anyone wish to sacrifice their children or themselves to a madman over a bit of land I doubt few care about?

I’ve no doubt he’ll try something spectacular. Making a hole in his beloved bridge is not going to make him a happy bunny.

I notice that some of the tank wrecks the Ukrainians are coming across are T62s. Of these, only 25% are destroyed. The rest are broken down. That says the Russians are raiding the store cupboard deep if they are trundling about in 60 year old museum pieces. Being allocated to one of those is a death sentence.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 11:54 - Oct 9 with 5329 viewsRob88

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 18:26 - Oct 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

I was reading an article yesterday that suggested the Americans are taking the opposing view to this and trying to work out what Putins “off ramp” is.

They are saying that they are taking the escalation of words seriously around the Russian use of nuclear and/or chemical weapons, which the west would have to respond to in some way, and they are clearly very concerned about further escalation and what that could mean and therefore trying to think of a way out for Putin on his behalf, preventing a global catastrophe.

It was in the FT if recall correctly.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:04 - Oct 9 with 5241 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 11:54 - Oct 9 by Rob88

I was reading an article yesterday that suggested the Americans are taking the opposing view to this and trying to work out what Putins “off ramp” is.

They are saying that they are taking the escalation of words seriously around the Russian use of nuclear and/or chemical weapons, which the west would have to respond to in some way, and they are clearly very concerned about further escalation and what that could mean and therefore trying to think of a way out for Putin on his behalf, preventing a global catastrophe.

I agree, there needs to be a way out. I just cannot see what it might be. Even if the US agrees to some compromise, I cannot see Ukraine being keen unless it is fair to them.

Further news relating to the thread in general:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/wheelchair-bound-russian-man-ordered-to-ukr

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:35 - Oct 9 with 5236 viewsXYZ

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 17:55 - Oct 7 by jeera

Remember Dresden. None have clean hands in these things.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:37 - Oct 9 with 5235 viewsjeera

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:35 - Oct 9 by XYZ

Remember Dresden. None have clean hands in these things.

Like I said, and can only repeat, we don't seem to learn.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:47 - Oct 9 with 5233 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 11:54 - Oct 9 by Rob88

The Russians see the abject terror of the west and fear of what Putin will do. He’s played this card since February and the west has consistently backed down on it. If they hadn’t there would have been a no fly zone and the Russians may well not have invaded in the first place - or Russia would have already retreated to its own borders. Weakness has led to the tragedy of more and more misery and death.

A way out for Putin is give him what he wants. That’ll keep him happy until he strengthens his forces for the next target. What’s a little bit of Ukrainian land for peace and who cares what Zelenski wants? It’s the obvious solution.

However it’s the wrong solution. Give Putin a victory, even a crumb of victory and he will want more. Name me a dictator that didn’t always want more? It’s in their DNA. Personally I believe the only way is actually to push Putin into a corner until his own people say enough is enough.

On the nuclear side, make it clear that any use means it’s all over and he, his family, anybody he cares about will die. No grey areas, just death. His choice - and being the vertically challenged coward he is, he will back down in my view.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 00:01 - Oct 10 with 5215 viewsjeera

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:47 - Oct 9 by Churchman

The Russians see the abject terror of the west and fear of what Putin will do. He’s played this card since February and the west has consistently backed down on it. If they hadn’t there would have been a no fly zone and the Russians may well not have invaded in the first place - or Russia would have already retreated to its own borders. Weakness has led to the tragedy of more and more misery and death.

A way out for Putin is give him what he wants. That’ll keep him happy until he strengthens his forces for the next target. What’s a little bit of Ukrainian land for peace and who cares what Zelenski wants? It’s the obvious solution.

However it’s the wrong solution. Give Putin a victory, even a crumb of victory and he will want more. Name me a dictator that didn’t always want more? It’s in their DNA. Personally I believe the only way is actually to push Putin into a corner until his own people say enough is enough.

On the nuclear side, make it clear that any use means it’s all over and he, his family, anybody he cares about will die. No grey areas, just death. His choice - and being the vertically challenged coward he is, he will back down in my view.

The other thing of course is there would be no way back for Russia in a civilised world.

Once they've deployed those things then what? Nothing would ever be the same. How could the rest of the world allow them to carry on knowing they harbour more of those in stock?

But how the hell do you approach that too? Invading Russia would not be the best idea either.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2022 0:26]

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 00:08 - Oct 10 with 5212 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 00:01 - Oct 10 by jeera

The other thing of course is there would be no way back for Russia in a civilised world.

Once they've deployed those things then what? Nothing would ever be the same. How could the rest of the world allow them to carry on knowing they harbour more of those in stock?

But how the hell do you approach that too? Invading Russia would not be the best idea either.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2022 0:26]

Agreed. Then there’s the green light it gives to other states that have these weapons or he’ll bent on acquiring them, including Iran and N Korea.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 09:30 - Oct 10 with 5150 viewsChurchman

So Putin is polishing his ‘off ramp’ by lobbing dozens of his rubbish missiles at goodness knows what. Maybe the childrens playground was the target, but I doubt it. All because somebody put a little hole in his bridge.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 18:27 - Oct 10 with 5079 viewsChurchman

Interesting that the Russians claim an act of terror on their little bridge, yet have been firing their missiles at Ukraine, stealing and murdering since February. They are now talking about dismantling Ukraine, as if they didn’t try and do that in Feb and seek retribution. These people are nuts.

If Putin and the lickspittles want to escalate, get on with it. Stop talking about it. Endless threats are really no threats at all.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/10/10/ukraine-russia-war-latest-puti

I’m amused by Russia’s ‘savage new commander’. Every time Putin fires one, the next is ‘savage’. If this bloke is the miracle worker western media seems to be portraying him as, why is he not already in charge? No, he’s just another Putin poodle. He might like killing and cruelty but the ragbag russian military have spent eight months doing that already.

https://news.sky.com/story/sergei-surovikin-russias-savage-new-commander-in-ukra
[Post edited 10 Oct 2022 18:42]
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 17:57 - Oct 11 with 4944 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 18:27 - Oct 10 by Churchman

Interesting that the Russians claim an act of terror on their little bridge, yet have been firing their missiles at Ukraine, stealing and murdering since February. They are now talking about dismantling Ukraine, as if they didn’t try and do that in Feb and seek retribution. These people are nuts.

If Putin and the lickspittles want to escalate, get on with it. Stop talking about it. Endless threats are really no threats at all.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/10/10/ukraine-russia-war-latest-puti

I’m amused by Russia’s ‘savage new commander’. Every time Putin fires one, the next is ‘savage’. If this bloke is the miracle worker western media seems to be portraying him as, why is he not already in charge? No, he’s just another Putin poodle. He might like killing and cruelty but the ragbag russian military have spent eight months doing that already.

https://news.sky.com/story/sergei-surovikin-russias-savage-new-commander-in-ukra
[Post edited 10 Oct 2022 18:42]

Surovikin does have a 'savage' CV and he got to work straight away.

https://www.irishtimes.com/world/europe/2022/10/11/sergei-surovikin-the-ruthless
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024