Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Elon Musk and Twitter 20:35 - Apr 26 with 1445 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Don't think I've see this covered yet?

Seems to be alot of hate towards him off the back of the announcement, what does the TWTD board think of it all? Does it care?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Elon Musk and Twitter on 20:41 - Apr 26 with 1420 viewsSwansea_Blue

There was a little bit about it on here yesterday, but I don’t think people care. I’m a bit confused as to why the righties on Twitter seem to think it’s great news, but then I’m not on Twitter and don’t know how Musk fits into their world view. Maybe he’s a cult hero or something.

I imagine Twitter will carry on much as it has.

Silly money though. Think what good you could do with $44bn.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Elon Musk and Twitter on 21:01 - Apr 26 with 1368 viewsSarge

I deleted my account. It was a breeding ground for international cretinry already and Musk is an unstable asshole who will only make it worse.
Elon Musk and Twitter on 21:03 - Apr 26 with 1360 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Elon Musk and Twitter on 20:41 - Apr 26 by Swansea_Blue

There was a little bit about it on here yesterday, but I don’t think people care. I’m a bit confused as to why the righties on Twitter seem to think it’s great news, but then I’m not on Twitter and don’t know how Musk fits into their world view. Maybe he’s a cult hero or something.

I don't understand why anyone has strong feelings about it TBH which is why I asked.

The left seems to be up in arms about free speech which apparently Musk had committed to and I think concern is that it will lead to the expression of views that previously have been cracked down on

The right seem to think they will be able to say anything they want.

It's seems a happy medium is essential to keep growing the platform and I can't quits work out the extreme one end or the other style of arguments that have ensued

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Elon Musk and Twitter on 21:06 - Apr 26 with 1340 viewsLord_Lucan

Elon Musk and Twitter on 20:41 - Apr 26 by Swansea_Blue

"I’m a bit confused as to why the righties on Twitter seem to think it’s great news"

Why didn't you also say "I’m a bit confused as to why the lefties on Twitter seem to think it’s bad news"?

There was a thread earlier - I posted my IMHO view but because it was too sensible no one replied. The thread eventually died a death because no one actually cares - apart from people who are too busy tweeting.

I might be in the minority of 2 but I can't believe how it's gone so cheap. It's a steal!

Although - if you bother to scroll bac

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Elon Musk and Twitter on 21:14 - Apr 26 with 1306 viewsLankHenners

The thing with Musk is that he's a pathetic manchild with a desperate need to be liked. That's the prism through which to view anything he does.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Elon Musk and Twitter on 21:15 - Apr 26 with 1298 viewsSwansea_Blue

Elon Musk and Twitter on 21:06 - Apr 26 by Lord_Lucan

"I’m a bit confused as to why the righties on Twitter seem to think it’s great news"

Why didn't you also say "I’m a bit confused as to why the lefties on Twitter seem to think it’s bad news"?

There was a thread earlier - I posted my IMHO view but because it was too sensible no one replied. The thread eventually died a death because no one actually cares - apart from people who are too busy tweeting.

I might be in the minority of 2 but I can't believe how it's gone so cheap. It's a steal!

Although - if you bother to scroll bac

“Why didn't you also say "I’m a bit confused as to why the lefties on Twitter seem to think it’s bad news"?”

Because I haven’t seen any lefties saying it’s bad news. Only people curious as to why Musk is appealing to the right. But I’m not on Twitter so don’t have a timeline of examples, and only look at it when things are posted on here.

Elon Musk and Twitter on 21:18 - Apr 26 with 1272 viewsSwansea_Blue

Elon Musk and Twitter on 21:03 - Apr 26 by BlueandTruesince82

I don't understand why anyone has strong feelings about it TBH which is why I asked.

The left seems to be up in arms about free speech which apparently Musk had committed to and I think concern is that it will lead to the expression of views that previously have been cracked down on

The right seem to think they will be able to say anything they want.

It's seems a happy medium is essential to keep growing the platform and I can't quits work out the extreme one end or the other style of arguments that have ensued

No I don’t either, but that’s social media and tribalism fo you (made worse by social media). As I mentioned before, I suspect it’ll carry on much as before. The only thing you can guarantee is that everyone on Twitter will have moved on to the next outrage by tomorrow.

Elon Musk and Twitter on 21:20 - Apr 26 with 1274 viewsBlueBoots

Something new will come along and do to Twitter what Twitter did to Facebook, and what Facebook did to Myspace - that's the hot take of someone who's never had an account on any of those sites and never will...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Login to get fewer ads

Elon Musk and Twitter on 21:23 - Apr 26 with 1253 viewsLord_Lucan

Elon Musk and Twitter on 21:15 - Apr 26 by Swansea_Blue

“Why didn't you also say "I’m a bit confused as to why the lefties on Twitter seem to think it’s bad news"?”

Because I haven’t seen any lefties saying it’s bad news. Only people curious as to why Musk is appealing to the right. But I’m not on Twitter so don’t have a timeline of examples, and only look at it when things are posted on here.

I've read and listened to both sides for a great part of the day, both lording and criticising someone who they know little about.

The people on the right have been moaning about the uproar on the left and the people on the left have been moaning about the uproar on the right.

It's been fascinating, a bit like International "It's a Knockout" - without Stuart Hall of course.

............And here come The Belgian's......

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Elon Musk and Twitter on 21:40 - Apr 26 with 1193 viewsBlueBadger

Elon Musk and Twitter on 21:14 - Apr 26 by LankHenners

The thing with Musk is that he's a pathetic manchild with a desperate need to be liked. That's the prism through which to view anything he does.

He's basically Donald Trump for Rick and Morty fanboys.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Elon Musk and Twitter on 21:48 - Apr 26 with 1187 viewsSwansea_Blue

Elon Musk and Twitter on 21:23 - Apr 26 by Lord_Lucan

I've read and listened to both sides for a great part of the day, both lording and criticising someone who they know little about.

The people on the right have been moaning about the uproar on the left and the people on the left have been moaning about the uproar on the right.

It's been fascinating, a bit like International "It's a Knockout" - without Stuart Hall of course.

............And here come The Belgian's......

Yeah, that sounds like social media and people. It’s why I give both a miss

Elon Musk and Twitter on 22:25 - Apr 26 with 1102 viewsRyorry

I started a thread earlier* but didn't have time to continue with it as busy today, nor inclination to do so now, as the only people who responded were either clueless or choose to be ignorant about it as a platform.

Suffice to say that millions of people all over the world find it entertaining, educative & informative, and I'm comfortable with being on the same platform as John Simpson, Barack Obama, Marcus Rashford, Miriam Margolyes and numerous other good people who apparently aren't good enough for some twtd-ers.

Will be reviewing whether to continue (as will millions of others) if Musk does acquire it & takes it in a direction we don't like.

Dial M for media mogul madness by Ryorry 26 Apr 2022 5:58
'Murdoch, Maxwell & now Musk, 3 of the world's richest (old men) able to dictate their version of 'the news'.

'Free speech' - yours for a mere $44 billion [rolleyes]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Elon Musk and Twitter on 07:06 - Apr 27 with 925 viewsStuartBrett8

Elon Musk and Twitter on 21:20 - Apr 26 by BlueBoots

Something new will come along and do to Twitter what Twitter did to Facebook, and what Facebook did to Myspace - that's the hot take of someone who's never had an account on any of those sites and never will...

Counter Social is getting thousands of people joining after leaving Twitter.

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

Elon Musk and Twitter on 07:53 - Apr 27 with 893 viewsBlueBoots

Elon Musk and Twitter on 07:06 - Apr 27 by StuartBrett8

Counter Social is getting thousands of people joining after leaving Twitter.

Ah, so it's already here... I look forward to Jeff Bezos buying them out in the not too distant future...

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/apr/26/jeff-bezos-questions-china-in

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Elon Musk and Twitter on 12:07 - Apr 27 with 800 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Elon Musk and Twitter on 21:20 - Apr 26 by BlueBoots

That's not what people are saying on my geocities webring.
Elon Musk and Twitter on 12:10 - Apr 27 with 789 viewschicoazul

Elon Musk and Twitter on 21:48 - Apr 26 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, that sounds like social media and people. It’s why I give both a miss

I have bad news for you, you’re posting on social media right now.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Elon Musk and Twitter on 12:11 - Apr 27 with 784 viewschicoazul

Just as long as Peter Thiel stays away from TWTD that’s all I care about.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Elon Musk and Twitter on 12:41 - Apr 27 with 743 viewsclive_baker

Rich man gets gratifcation and personal gain from buying play thing.

People say it's a silly price, and of course it is silly money and more than any 1 individual should ever have access to, but as a valuation it's lower than the stock was trading at for most of 2021.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024