Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Perhaps explains Burnley sacking Dyche? 12:56 - May 4 with 3421 viewsFifeITFC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61317194

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Perhaps explains Burnley sacking Dyche? on 12:57 - May 4 with 3375 viewsSteve_M

Yes, a massive leveraged buyout of the club which, in turn, has severely weakened them by reducing their footballing budget. The club is an utter mess now teetering just above the brink.
[Post edited 5 May 2022 10:18]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Perhaps explains Burnley sacking Dyche? on 12:57 - May 4 with 3364 viewsJ2BLUE

Sacking him was the right thing to do. They had to give themselves a chance. I posted that in the thread on the day he was sacked. Not sure why so many leapt to his defence. He's done well there but they can't keep him at all costs.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Perhaps explains Burnley sacking Dyche? on 12:59 - May 4 with 3356 viewsHighgateBlue

Scary stuff. Let's hope that our esteemed owners do not put such a clause in place to secure any loans they make to the Club, either now or in the hopefully more successful future...
Perhaps explains Burnley sacking Dyche? on 13:22 - May 4 with 3137 viewsChrisd

Perhaps explains Burnley sacking Dyche? on 12:57 - May 4 by Steve_M

Yes, a massive leveraged buyout of the club which, in turn, has severely weakened them by reducing their footballing budget. The club is an utter mess now teetering just above the brink.

This always makes me think why this desperate need to get in the EPL? For all the glamour and trappings it brings, it also seems to financially ruin clubs by encouraging them to try to keep up with the Joneses through reckless spending. It will be interesting to see what Fulham's approach will be this summer, they've tried the big spend before and got relegated, they've tried being more reserved by bringing in loan players and got relegated. In the past, getting promoted into the EPL would be a financial reward for the club and provided that long term financial foundation, it appears that couldn't be further from the truth now. Who are the clubs to really benefit, the big 6? It seems like the rest are just trying to keep their heads above water by hook or by crook. Rather precarious really.
[Post edited 4 May 2022 13:24]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Perhaps explains Burnley sacking Dyche? on 13:35 - May 4 with 3041 viewsMookamoo

Perhaps explains Burnley sacking Dyche? on 13:22 - May 4 by Chrisd

This always makes me think why this desperate need to get in the EPL? For all the glamour and trappings it brings, it also seems to financially ruin clubs by encouraging them to try to keep up with the Joneses through reckless spending. It will be interesting to see what Fulham's approach will be this summer, they've tried the big spend before and got relegated, they've tried being more reserved by bringing in loan players and got relegated. In the past, getting promoted into the EPL would be a financial reward for the club and provided that long term financial foundation, it appears that couldn't be further from the truth now. Who are the clubs to really benefit, the big 6? It seems like the rest are just trying to keep their heads above water by hook or by crook. Rather precarious really.

It seems to be just a matter of how much you are prepared to gamble now. Some can get clever (Like Villa getting Coutinho and Brentford Eriksen), but still need cash for wages and if you are constantly servicing your debt, then there will be trouble.

Burnley seem to have forgotten they still need a core support and where they are, you can throw a stone and hit 20 other clubs. Been to watch Burnley a few times as we have family up there and it's not a great day out.
Perhaps explains Burnley sacking Dyche? on 14:57 - May 4 with 2816 viewsVaughan8

Perhaps explains Burnley sacking Dyche? on 12:57 - May 4 by J2BLUE

Sacking him was the right thing to do. They had to give themselves a chance. I posted that in the thread on the day he was sacked. Not sure why so many leapt to his defence. He's done well there but they can't keep him at all costs.

I can't believe you thought it was a good idea to put a rookie in charge who has failed at Shrewsbury and Tranmere?

He's done well in hindsight but at the time I think some people may have agreed with you if they had a manager ready, which they didn't
Perhaps explains Burnley sacking Dyche? on 15:01 - May 4 with 2787 viewsJ2BLUE

Perhaps explains Burnley sacking Dyche? on 14:57 - May 4 by Vaughan8

I can't believe you thought it was a good idea to put a rookie in charge who has failed at Shrewsbury and Tranmere?

He's done well in hindsight but at the time I think some people may have agreed with you if they had a manager ready, which they didn't

Yea that's a good point actually.

I assumed they were about to go for Allardyce.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Perhaps explains Burnley sacking Dyche? on 16:57 - May 4 with 2479 viewsDeano69

I wonder what Dyche was offered as a payoff?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Login to get fewer ads

Perhaps explains Burnley sacking Dyche? on 07:54 - May 5 with 1867 viewsElephantintheRoom

It’s a very simple equation - and exactly the same situation that Town are in. Borrow low cost money in the USA at a known rate of interest to a known repayment schedule to gain from the ever increasing media returns in the Premier League. Don’t worry about the due date - it isn’t your money and you can always borrow some more.

Nobody planned on WW3 - but money is still cheap in the USA to keep the gravy train rolling.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Perhaps explains Burnley sacking Dyche? on 07:57 - May 5 with 1878 viewstractorboy1978

Perhaps explains Burnley sacking Dyche? on 07:54 - May 5 by ElephantintheRoom

It’s a very simple equation - and exactly the same situation that Town are in. Borrow low cost money in the USA at a known rate of interest to a known repayment schedule to gain from the ever increasing media returns in the Premier League. Don’t worry about the due date - it isn’t your money and you can always borrow some more.

Nobody planned on WW3 - but money is still cheap in the USA to keep the gravy train rolling.

That's all true apart from they are funding us via equity rather than loans, so not true at all.
Perhaps explains Burnley sacking Dyche? on 08:06 - May 5 with 1832 viewsElephantintheRoom

Perhaps explains Burnley sacking Dyche? on 07:57 - May 5 by tractorboy1978

That's all true apart from they are funding us via equity rather than loans, so not true at all.

Apart from the fact it is true and you don’t understand debt-fuelled finance.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Perhaps explains Burnley sacking Dyche? on 10:06 - May 5 with 1614 viewsjayessess

At the moment it seems the pay off is mainly about asset value rather than profit? Burnley was sold for £170m, a figure that will rise over time if they remain in the Premier League. Our lot bought Ipswich for £40m and we'd be worth more than Burnley if we made it to the PL, even if we couldn't actually turn a profit whilst remaining there.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Perhaps explains Burnley sacking Dyche? on 11:22 - May 5 with 1528 viewsGeoffSentence

Perhaps explains Burnley sacking Dyche? on 08:06 - May 5 by ElephantintheRoom

Apart from the fact it is true and you don’t understand debt-fuelled finance.

Personally I definitely don't understand it, not a finance guy. Can you clarify the financing so that laymen such as me know what's going on.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Perhaps explains Burnley sacking Dyche? on 18:45 - May 5 with 1186 viewsdominiciawful

Perhaps explains Burnley sacking Dyche? on 16:57 - May 4 by Deano69

I wonder what Dyche was offered as a payoff?

Probably a year's supply of gravel for him to gargle.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Perhaps explains Burnley sacking Dyche? on 21:05 - May 5 with 1070 viewscbower

Perhaps explains Burnley sacking Dyche? on 12:57 - May 4 by Steve_M

Only the very top clubs actually make any money. Most of the Premier League clubs are one relegation and a failure to bounce back quickly away from financial implosion. The game lives in La La Land. Just a few years ago, Burnley were a model yo yo club. Benefitting from promotion financially but not crippling themselves and bouncing back with promotions quickly after relegations and building some reserves in the process. All seems to have turned to $hit again with businessmen seeking to take their 'share' from an industry that runs on pipe dreams with no sound financial regulations.

bluescouser

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024