Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Of the 4 play-off teams - which would we prefer to see go up. 19:38 - May 5 with 1451 viewsC_Jam_Blue

My initial thought is Sunderland.
Of the 4 play-off teams - which would we prefer to see go up. on 19:40 - May 5 with 1447 viewsSmithy

yep Sunderland, now have a competent manager, and an arse of a journey, Wycombe and MK relatively close and we will travel in numbers, Sheffield always a decent away trip

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Of the 4 play-off teams - which would we prefer to see go up. on 19:48 - May 5 with 1407 viewsTerra_Farma

I like Sunderland, however Cowley is a jumped up little gimp of a man.

I would like to see Wednesday go up. Their fans were good fun after the game at PR this season.
Of the 4 play-off teams - which would we prefer to see go up. on 19:50 - May 5 with 1398 viewsTheBoyBlue

Yep, Sunderland. Think if they're still in this division next season they'll be the biggest threat.

However, I'm we can get over being worried about any team at this level in 2022/23.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Of the 4 play-off teams - which would we prefer to see go up. on 19:52 - May 5 with 1386 viewsWoolfenthen

Of the 4 play-off teams - which would we prefer to see go up. on 19:48 - May 5 by Terra_Farma

I like Sunderland, however Cowley is a jumped up little gimp of a man.

I would like to see Wednesday go up. Their fans were good fun after the game at PR this season.

Cowley at Sunderland???
Of the 4 play-off teams - which would we prefer to see go up. on 19:56 - May 5 with 1373 viewsTerra_Farma

Of the 4 play-off teams - which would we prefer to see go up. on 19:52 - May 5 by Woolfenthen

Cowley at Sunderland???

Fair point that !!

I stand corrected.

Apologies x
Of the 4 play-off teams - which would we prefer to see go up. on 20:22 - May 5 with 1327 viewsChurchman

Sunderland. A good friend of mine is a mackem. Aside from that, a club with that level of support is bound to rise at some point and it may as well be this year.

I’m not seeing much from MKD and WW tbh and I suspect Sheffield W will be weaker next year.
[Post edited 5 May 2022 20:29]
Of the 4 play-off teams - which would we prefer to see go up. on 07:22 - May 6 with 1104 viewsElephantintheRoom

Our fellow franchisees at MK

Clearly the third best team in the division - and an interesting Ipswich connection as manager.

On the other hand Alex Neil seems to have cottoned on to the fact that Sunderland are a third division club. IF they don’t go up this season they probably will next season. With Posh coming down that would be the two promotion places taken before a ball is kicked.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Of the 4 play-off teams - which would we prefer to see go up. on 07:49 - May 6 with 1058 viewsArnieM

In terms of which of those play offs teams I’d consider would be a tough game next season, and a threat to us taking 6 points off of them, I’d want Sheffield Weds gone all day long .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Of the 4 play-off teams - which would we prefer to see go up. on 08:15 - May 6 with 1017 viewsMetal_Hacker

Wednesday for me - living in Sheffield it'd be good for the City and we'd hopefully have the Steel City Derby back which is amazing !

Several good mates up here are Wednesday fans too so.....

Poll: If it were one or the other

Of the 4 play-off teams - which would we prefer to see go up. on 09:36 - May 6 with 940 viewsBluebell

Wednesday or Sunderland for me as they pose the biggest threat next season.

MK and Wycombe are close to us so I want both of them still in League 1.
Sheff Weds for me, I can’t do that….. on 09:41 - May 6 with 931 viewsBloots

…..tram journey anymore, it’s was chaos this season.

Sunderland is a much better away day, if you avoid Sunderland itself obviously.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Of the 4 play-off teams - which would we prefer to see go up. on 09:49 - May 6 with 903 viewsclive_baker

MK Dons probably the best side of the 4, so on that basis them. But having said that they're perhaps also more likely to decline especially if Manning leaves them. They don't get the crowds or budget that Sunderland or Sheff Wed likely will have.

Wycmobe would be the worst, we did the double over them this year and they're really nowt special, lets keep them down.

Probably Sunderland actually, on balance, lets get rid of them.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Of the 4 play-off teams - which would we prefer to see go up. on 09:52 - May 6 with 895 viewsC_Jam_Blue

Of the 4 play-off teams - which would we prefer to see go up. on 20:22 - May 5 by Churchman

Sunderland. A good friend of mine is a mackem. Aside from that, a club with that level of support is bound to rise at some point and it may as well be this year.

I’m not seeing much from MKD and WW tbh and I suspect Sheffield W will be weaker next year.
[Post edited 5 May 2022 20:29]

My thoughts exactly, at some point Sunderland will get it right and have the crowd and financial muscle to do it. Second choice would be Sheff Wed for similar reasons. It is such a yo-yo league with clubs like Wigan going from near the bottom to promotion, MKD or WW could still be a threat but may also end up involved in a relegation scrap.
Of the 4 play-off teams - which would we prefer to see go up. on 10:12 - May 6 with 854 viewsChrisd

I'm not really bothered to be honest as come the new season people we will be comparing us against our greatest threats. Nevertheless, I feel Sunderland will be the ones that will go up. Since Alex Neil has come in they have had a real upturn in results, form and they have developed that knack of scoring late goals to win games. Just got a feeling this will be the year for them.
[Post edited 6 May 2022 10:16]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Of the 4 play-off teams - which would we prefer to see go up. on 10:15 - May 6 with 848 viewswkj

Sunderland - only because it is a miserable away day, especially if we don't bag a W.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Of the 4 play-off teams - which would we prefer to see go up. on 13:00 - May 6 with 677 viewsericclacton

Sunderland, but i think awful Wickham Market will cheat there way back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024