Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie Austin 10:35 - May 6 with 4624 viewsITFC_RDM

Available on a free.... Any takers?
Charlie Austin on 13:54 - May 6 with 1236 viewsTomTheWriter

Charlie Austin on 12:27 - May 6 by clive_baker

Not sure you can make a direct comparison between 2 players that are operating at different levels, especially when the calibre of opponent is so different. I'm sure Clarke-Harris will be a handful again in L1 for example, but he didn't tear up any trees in the Championship. You could argue that our best forward by way of return (Bonne) was ahead of Norwood but evidently way behind Austin in the QPR pecking order.

Point remains that I can't seeing him being a signing KM would be looking to make.

I can understand your point, but it’s not like Austin is a League One journeyman who has got lucky with a promotion and finds himself in unchartered territory of the Championship. He was a Premier League goalscorer for a number of years, who has found himself in the top half of the Championship for the last three. Austin’s impact in the Championship is on the same level as Norwood’s in League One this season.

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Charlie Austin on 14:07 - May 6 with 1211 viewsChurchman

Best years are behind him. A no from me. He hardly fits the model KM said his was looking for and beside, we need to be looking away from people looking for a last pension day.

I’ve no doubt the spectre of glass knees Jack Wilshere will emerge on here before the season starts. How about Jermaine Defoe? He might have retired but could he not ‘do a job’? David Nugent anyone, as an impact sub maybe?

No to them all! Let’s move on. I know that beggars can’t be choosers, but hopefully we are no longer in the begging category.
Charlie Austin on 14:39 - May 6 with 1174 viewsclive_baker

Charlie Austin on 13:54 - May 6 by TomTheWriter

I can understand your point, but it’s not like Austin is a League One journeyman who has got lucky with a promotion and finds himself in unchartered territory of the Championship. He was a Premier League goalscorer for a number of years, who has found himself in the top half of the Championship for the last three. Austin’s impact in the Championship is on the same level as Norwood’s in League One this season.

The point I'm making is you would therefore expect his impact to be greater in League 1, as he would be stepping down a level. Just like Norwood's would be in L2. So I don't really buy the argument that we've released someone better than Austin, which I interpreted your post as. Apologies if I misunderstood.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Charlie Austin on 15:01 - May 6 with 1145 viewsTomTheWriter

Charlie Austin on 14:39 - May 6 by clive_baker

The point I'm making is you would therefore expect his impact to be greater in League 1, as he would be stepping down a level. Just like Norwood's would be in L2. So I don't really buy the argument that we've released someone better than Austin, which I interpreted your post as. Apologies if I misunderstood.

I would expect that to, for him to be better in L1, but considering his stats this season have shown that he can’t pass, can’t run, can’t dribble, can’t win offensive battles and can’t control the ball, you’d have been better of keeping Norwood. I can see him in League One next season, but only going to a side that hoof the ball 90 yards and don’t want to play football

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Charlie Austin on 15:15 - May 6 with 1116 viewsclive_baker

Charlie Austin on 15:01 - May 6 by TomTheWriter

I would expect that to, for him to be better in L1, but considering his stats this season have shown that he can’t pass, can’t run, can’t dribble, can’t win offensive battles and can’t control the ball, you’d have been better of keeping Norwood. I can see him in League One next season, but only going to a side that hoof the ball 90 yards and don’t want to play football

Must've done something right to play 30 odd times for a side that were in the top half of the Championship all season, especially given their relative embarassment of forward riches. Warburton was clearly getting something from him.

Regardless, I can't see him here next season so it's a moot point. As you say he'll either be at an upper L1 or lower end Championship side, unless he fancies a year abroad. With Norwood gone, Simpson going, Jackson TBC (likely staying) and Pigott clearly not fancied it'll be interesting to see who we get. Has to be 2 forwards coming in I would think, especially if we can shift Pigott.

Charlie Austin on 15:20 - May 6 with 1095 viewsghostofescobar

I’d prefer Steve Austin. Although he would costs $6,000,000, so maybe not as good a deal.

GhostOfEscobar

Charlie Austin on 15:24 - May 6 with 1086 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Absolutely. Proven goal scorer at higher level, great at holding up, good in the air, experienced. Exactly what we need.

Gus Uhlenbeek

Charlie Austin on 15:43 - May 6 with 1073 viewsclive_baker

Charlie Austin on 15:20 - May 6 by ghostofescobar

I’d prefer Steve Austin. Although he would costs $6,000,000, so maybe not as good a deal.

But can he do it on a stone cold Tuesday night in Stoke?

Login to get fewer ads

Charlie Austin on 18:49 - May 6 with 984 viewsBlue_Heath

He was on talksport earlier, a producer who is ITFC said he'd never speak to him again if went to the scum. Goldstein then asked if he would go to Ipswich but said it was too far as his family are based in south west.
Charlie Austin on 19:22 - May 6 with 958 viewscbower

Not sure about Austin's injury record and he is certainly not one for the long term. However, he can still play and just look how good a 32 year old Sam Vokes has been for Wycombe!

bluescouser

Charlie Austin on 10:57 - May 7 with 863 viewsJ2BLUE

Very good player and will do a job for someone. Hopefully in the Championship as we won't want him and i'd rather he wasn't in the division.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Charlie Austin on 09:22 - May 9 with 778 viewsBlueBlood90

I don't think he particularly suits our style of play but he'd be perfect to throw on in games where we need a goal. I'd definitely take him.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Charlie Austin on 09:30 - May 9 with 759 viewsJ2BLUE

Charlie Austin on 09:22 - May 9 by BlueBlood90

I don't think he particularly suits our style of play but he'd be perfect to throw on in games where we need a goal. I'd definitely take him.

Not sure we'll be paying Charlie Austin money for someone to sit on the bench. He wouldn't come either.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Charlie Austin on 13:32 - May 9 with 680 viewsquad

Charlie Austin on 15:43 - May 6 by clive_baker

But can he do it on a stone cold Tuesday night in Stoke?

He wouldn't need to. We've got to get out of L! before we have the luxury of playing Stoke
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024