Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh what a surprise 19:39 - May 18 with 4798 viewsVeggie

Oh what a surprise on 20:19 - May 18 with 1373 viewsfooters

Oh what a surprise on 20:17 - May 18 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I don’t get why these ‘types’ don’t just take up boxing or MMA if they fancy a bit of a scrap. Probably because they’d get their @rse handed to them in the gym.

Well, they collectively shat their pants when they saw all the videos coming out of Russia...

How many nawty lads went over again?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Oh what a surprise on 20:25 - May 18 with 1299 viewsGlasgowBlue

Oh what a surprise on 20:15 - May 18 by footers

Just more middle class white boys causing trouble.

Can't wait till a final comes to Glasgow and you have a chair put through your shop window.

I was thinking about redecorating anyway.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Oh what a surprise on 20:26 - May 18 with 1310 viewsSitfcB

Oh what a surprise on 20:25 - May 18 by GlasgowBlue

I was thinking about redecorating anyway.

At least that way you can get it done on the insurance.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Oh what a surprise on 20:28 - May 18 with 1286 viewsGlasgowBlue

Oh what a surprise on 20:26 - May 18 by SitfcB

At least that way you can get it done on the insurance.

win win

Iron Lion Zion

Oh what a surprise on 20:42 - May 18 with 1264 viewsbrazil1982

Oh what a surprise on 20:19 - May 18 by footers

Well, they collectively shat their pants when they saw all the videos coming out of Russia...

How many nawty lads went over again?

Not many, huge number of bans in this country.
Oh what a surprise on 20:52 - May 18 with 1234 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I was in Manchester in 2008.

Unfortunately that behaviour in the vid is tame by their standards.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Oh what a surprise on 20:59 - May 18 with 1232 viewsIllinoisblue

Throwing chairs should be an Olympic sport. Strong medal chances for Team GB

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Oh what a surprise on 21:03 - May 18 with 1210 viewsZXBlue

Oh what a surprise on 19:48 - May 18 by SitfcB

Are they just supposed to stand there and take it then??

No. You leave.

Chucking chairs is not self defence.
Login to get fewer ads

Oh what a surprise on 21:04 - May 18 with 1208 viewsZXBlue

Oh what a surprise on 20:07 - May 18 by GlasgowBlue

Where do you suggest they walk away to? Another bar? They will just be attacked there.

And why should they walk away if they were happily sitting in a bar minding their own business?

And what do you think would happen to then when walking away with their backs to the the Frankfurt mob?

They should walk away because otherwise they are either encourgaing further violence, or going to get hurt.

Principle has nothing to do with it.
Oh what a surprise on 21:17 - May 18 with 1173 viewsEastTownBlue

Oh what a surprise on 20:59 - May 18 by Illinoisblue

Throwing chairs should be an Olympic sport. Strong medal chances for Team GB

Different disciplines required for plastic and metal chair throwing. Competitors need to be tested afterwards to ensure that they have consumed at least six pints.
Oh what a surprise on 21:21 - May 18 with 1157 viewsGlasgowBlue

Oh what a surprise on 21:04 - May 18 by ZXBlue

They should walk away because otherwise they are either encourgaing further violence, or going to get hurt.

I think people minding their own business and causing no trouble in a bar who are attacked without provocation, should not have to walk away. And if they don't walk away they certainly should not be accused of "encouraging further violence".

I would apply that to people from all walks of life, whether they be football supporters, politicians, entertainers, members of a BAME community or LGBTQ people.

Iron Lion Zion

Oh what a surprise on 21:21 - May 18 with 1161 viewsjeera

Oh what a surprise on 20:08 - May 18 by gtsb1966

I can never understand the vandalism of property and throwing bottles etc. If both sets want a scrap have a scrap with fists and get it out of your system not destroy people's property.

Upped for the consideration of other people's property!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Oh what a surprise on 21:24 - May 18 with 1150 viewsfooters

Oh what a surprise on 20:28 - May 18 by GlasgowBlue

win win

Maybe Sitters will do it for you. Once he's lost a stone or two and manages to get off Twitter.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Oh what a surprise on 21:55 - May 18 with 1074 viewsGavTWTD

Oh what a surprise on 20:11 - May 18 by BlueBadger

Metal chairs don't bounce like that.

Should really be wicker chairs

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Oh what a surprise on 22:05 - May 18 with 1048 viewsibbleobble

Oh what a surprise on 20:15 - May 18 by BlueBadger

Or, you know, act like f**king adults and don't have a f**king scrap oer something as trivial as football in the first place.

Football is trivial?
Oh what a surprise on 22:17 - May 18 with 1031 viewsIllinoisblue

Oh what a surprise on 21:17 - May 18 by EastTownBlue

Different disciplines required for plastic and metal chair throwing. Competitors need to be tested afterwards to ensure that they have consumed at least six pints.

Add in a Table Toss event too. Plastic for the qualifying rounds then work up to metal and wooden picnic bench tables.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Oh what a surprise on 23:44 - May 18 with 964 viewsStNeotsBlue

Oh what a surprise on 21:04 - May 18 by ZXBlue

Absolute nonsense. Some of the comments on this thread are ridiculous. I am certainly not advocating violence but for some to claim they should walk away and find another bar because they're attacked is astounding.
Oh what a surprise on 23:53 - May 18 with 950 viewsZXBlue

Oh what a surprise on 23:44 - May 18 by StNeotsBlue

Absolute nonsense. Some of the comments on this thread are ridiculous. I am certainly not advocating violence but for some to claim they should walk away and find another bar because they're attacked is astounding.

The idea that they should throw chairs back and engage in violence rather than seeking to avoid it, is what is astounding.
Oh what a surprise on 00:15 - May 19 with 934 viewsStNeotsBlue

Oh what a surprise on 23:53 - May 18 by ZXBlue

The idea that they should throw chairs back and engage in violence rather than seeking to avoid it, is what is astounding.

Why should they need to seek to avoid it when all they're doing is having a beer. They're having a drink and are attacked but they're at fault? I don't get it
Oh what a surprise on 00:53 - May 19 with 908 viewsBlueBadger

Oh what a surprise on 00:15 - May 19 by StNeotsBlue

Why should they need to seek to avoid it when all they're doing is having a beer. They're having a drink and are attacked but they're at fault? I don't get it

If you're sat having a quiet pint, the correct response to dickheads kicking off, worst case scenario, is issue a minimal amount of strategic kicks to the balls to get out. Not throw chairs and start waving your arms about. Sometimes you're unlucky, yes. So you do what needs to be done to extricate yourself.

Worth pointing out, that the the blameless family on their bikes don't take a single intentional blow.
None of the pricks kicking off in this video are blameless.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Oh what a surprise on 08:29 - May 19 with 787 viewsButterbing

Oh what a surprise on 23:44 - May 18 by StNeotsBlue

An actual responsible adult wouldn’t respond to violence with violence. There are plenty of ways to get out of the situation in a non violent manner. If you are defending the chair throwing retaliation then you represent everything wrong with football fans.

Edited to add: I suspect they were not just having a quiet pint when attacked. I imagine a fair bit of shouting and posturing preceded the incident. No proof obviously but the narrative that they were just sitting quietly drinking when attacked and then only acted in self defence is a bit far-fetched in my opinion.
[Post edited 19 May 2022 8:35]
Oh what a surprise on 08:31 - May 19 with 782 viewsGlasgowBlue

Oh what a surprise on 08:29 - May 19 by Butterbing

An actual responsible adult wouldn’t respond to violence with violence. There are plenty of ways to get out of the situation in a non violent manner. If you are defending the chair throwing retaliation then you represent everything wrong with football fans.

Edited to add: I suspect they were not just having a quiet pint when attacked. I imagine a fair bit of shouting and posturing preceded the incident. No proof obviously but the narrative that they were just sitting quietly drinking when attacked and then only acted in self defence is a bit far-fetched in my opinion.
[Post edited 19 May 2022 8:35]

He isn’t defending the throwing if chairs. I haven’t seen anyone do that.

He’s saying that they have every right to stay and enjoy their drink. Why should they be forced to move on because who they are offends a bunch of thugs?

Iron Lion Zion

Oh what a surprise on 08:34 - May 19 with 775 viewsitfcjoe

Oh what a surprise on 00:15 - May 19 by StNeotsBlue

They are probably more at risk of getting a kicking if they try and walk off somewhere else

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Oh what a surprise on 08:45 - May 19 with 750 viewstextbackup

you've found the ONLY video of trouble from the day....

funnily not choosing to post the ones of the fans mixing singing, playing football, doing a conga line. would love to see the collective dickheads or here in such a panic over 5 chairs flying give an opinion on that

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Oh what a surprise on 08:49 - May 19 with 742 viewsButterbing

Oh what a surprise on 08:31 - May 19 by GlasgowBlue

He isn’t defending the throwing if chairs. I haven’t seen anyone do that.

He’s saying that they have every right to stay and enjoy their drink. Why should they be forced to move on because who they are offends a bunch of thugs?

Why should some macho “standing your ground”,”defending your territory”, bs result in bystanders getting injured and destruction of property? I would much rather walk away from a fight rather than throw a chair. I suppose it is different views of dignity.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024