Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? 12:28 - May 23 with 3396 viewsfooters

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 14:59 - May 23 with 908 viewsleitrimblue

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 14:48 - May 23 by GavTWTD

Leftover spuds from the day before (boiled, mashed or roasted), fried up with eggs and beans. Mum used to do these all the time but I don't tend to have leftovers these days!

I've only tried fried roast potatoes recently. It's more boiled or mashed that I've mostly had. Usually just them in a white bread sandwich. I feel I'm being stupid as this probably has a name in this poll and we never gave it one.

If I understand this correctly Gav are you suggesting a left over roast potato, refried an put in a sandwich? I like to consider myself pretty open minded and I love a greasy chip butty but I'm struggling with the idea of a refried roast potato sarnie. I'm guessing if you spread the kerrygold really thick and the refried potato is really hot then the melted dripping butter may be enough to make it all worthwhile. Feck, now I'm intrigued...
Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:02 - May 23 with 891 viewsGavTWTD

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 14:54 - May 23 by wkj

Mashed potato sandwhich?

Fried mashed potato sandwich with ketchup or brown sauce. Does nobody do this?

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:04 - May 23 with 881 viewsfooters

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:02 - May 23 by GavTWTD

Mother does that.

Never tried it myself. Too much carb action for one sarnie.

Although she has it with cold mash.

Never caught her smoking dope but I have my suspicions.

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:06 - May 23 with 880 viewsGavTWTD

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 14:59 - May 23 by leitrimblue

If I understand this correctly Gav are you suggesting a left over roast potato, refried an put in a sandwich? I like to consider myself pretty open minded and I love a greasy chip butty but I'm struggling with the idea of a refried roast potato sarnie. I'm guessing if you spread the kerrygold really thick and the refried potato is really hot then the melted dripping butter may be enough to make it all worthwhile. Feck, now I'm intrigued...

No, not really, but I would refry the roasties and add to an english breakfast. I wouldn't put roasties in a sandwich.

Leftover boiled potatoes, sliced and fried is lovely.

Never throw out leftover potatoes.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:08 - May 23 with 870 viewsGuthrum

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 14:48 - May 23 by GavTWTD

Leftover spuds from the day before (boiled, mashed or roasted), fried up with eggs and beans. Mum used to do these all the time but I don't tend to have leftovers these days!

I've only tried fried roast potatoes recently. It's more boiled or mashed that I've mostly had. Usually just them in a white bread sandwich. I feel I'm being stupid as this probably has a name in this poll and we never gave it one.

In my youth, when I worked in a chip shop, used to like for breakfast microwaved chips from the previous night, in buttered white bread with mayonnaise.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:09 - May 23 with 863 viewswkj

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:02 - May 23 by GavTWTD

Im with footers, I would imagine eating something this carb heavy might play a trick or two on the old inner workings later on. However, using fried mash as a sort of bread substitute seems something I would be well up for (such as that Bristol place doing eggs benedict)

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:10 - May 23 with 857 viewsBlueandTruesince82

For breakfast it's hash browns.

At all other times it's chips

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:12 - May 23 with 850 viewswkj

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:08 - May 23 by Guthrum

In my youth, when I worked in a chip shop, used to like for breakfast microwaved chips from the previous night, in buttered white bread with mayonnaise.

I'm sorry... I just can't avoid downvoting this. Microwaved chips are the absolute pits.

Login to get fewer ads

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:15 - May 23 with 830 viewsleitrimblue

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:12 - May 23 by wkj

I'm sorry... I just can't avoid downvoting this. Microwaved chips are the absolute pits.

Unless you poor pot noodle over um an make a full meal out of it
Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:22 - May 23 with 804 viewsleitrimblue

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:06 - May 23 by GavTWTD

No, not really, but I would refry the roasties and add to an english breakfast. I wouldn't put roasties in a sandwich.

Leftover boiled potatoes, sliced and fried is lovely.

Never throw out leftover potatoes.

Im in complete agreement. Does anyone knows the Latin pronunciation of never throw out leftover potatoes? May have found a new family moto
Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:25 - May 23 with 796 viewswkj

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:22 - May 23 by leitrimblue

Im in complete agreement. Does anyone knows the Latin pronunciation of never throw out leftover potatoes? May have found a new family moto

numquam abiicias vetus annuum

Never discard old potato

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:25 - May 23 with 799 viewshomer_123

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:15 - May 23 by leitrimblue

Unless you poor pot noodle over um an make a full meal out of it

If we are heading down this route - my guilty pleasure is a tin of tinned steak and gravy over chips.....and bread for dipping.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:31 - May 23 with 780 viewsleitrimblue

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:25 - May 23 by homer_123

If we are heading down this route - my guilty pleasure is a tin of tinned steak and gravy over chips.....and bread for dipping.

Sounds semi mouthwatering Homs. Every now and then when no-one is in house I like to eat a tinned fray bentos steak pie on top of some oven chips. Heavily buttered white bread for the accompanying chip butties
Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:32 - May 23 with 778 viewswkj

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:31 - May 23 by leitrimblue

Sounds semi mouthwatering Homs. Every now and then when no-one is in house I like to eat a tinned fray bentos steak pie on top of some oven chips. Heavily buttered white bread for the accompanying chip butties

Nip down to the co-op and seek out one of their economy steak pies. They cook up quite nicely in the oven and are less fuss, and nicer than, fray bentos (although they are a smaller size, like pukka pie size)
[Post edited 23 May 2022 15:35]

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:33 - May 23 with 779 viewshomer_123

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:31 - May 23 by leitrimblue

Kerrygold though right, some standards need to be kept! ;)

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:34 - May 23 with 777 viewsfactual_blue

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 14:38 - May 23 by footers

I think it's hash browns at Travelodge now.

I'll take your word for it.

Travelodge. Or 'The Lowestoft Claridge's.'
[Post edited 23 May 2022 17:48]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:45 - May 23 with 749 viewsfooters

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:34 - May 23 by factual_blue

I'll take your word for it.

Travelodge. Or 'The Lowestoft Claridge's.'
[Post edited 23 May 2022 17:48]

Forgot to close off with another inverted comma before the full stop, old chap.

Standards, dear fellow, standards.

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:51 - May 23 with 744 viewshoppy

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:45 - May 23 by footers

Forgot to close off with another inverted comma before the full stop, old chap.

Standards, dear fellow, standards.

Is it correct to start a sentence with 'Forgot...'? Should the reader not be clear from the outset who the forgetful one was in this instance? I feel it may be slightly ambiguous as a statement.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:52 - May 23 with 735 viewsleitrimblue

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:33 - May 23 by homer_123

Kerrygold though right, some standards need to be kept! ;)

Exactly Homer, you some kinda chef?
Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:53 - May 23 with 725 viewshomer_123

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:52 - May 23 by leitrimblue

Exactly Homer, you some kinda chef?

Just know which side my bread is buttered.

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:55 - May 23 with 721 viewshoppy

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:53 - May 23 by homer_123

Just know which side my bread is buttered.

And clearly which brand of butter too.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:56 - May 23 with 713 viewsleitrimblue

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:04 - May 23 by footers

Mother does that.

Never tried it myself. Too much carb action for one sarnie.

Although she has it with cold mash.

Never caught her smoking dope but I have my suspicions.

You will never know for definite til you catch her at 3 in the morning sitting in front of the fridge with a family size trifle on her lap, a big spoon in hand and a look in her eyes that's a mix of guilt and excitement
[Post edited 23 May 2022 15:57]
Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 16:00 - May 23 with 702 viewsfooters

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 15:56 - May 23 by leitrimblue

You will never know for definite til you catch her at 3 in the morning sitting in front of the fridge with a family size trifle on her lap, a big spoon in hand and a look in her eyes that's a mix of guilt and excitement
[Post edited 23 May 2022 15:57]

Or texting stupid things into Babestation.

Money well spent, that.

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 16:02 - May 23 with 700 viewsJ2BLUE

Holy sh1t. Fray Bentos and economy pies, microwaved chips, tinned steak on chips...this might be the most damning thread page in TWTD history.

None of you can ever say a word about me again.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 16:03 - May 23 with 691 viewsleitrimblue

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 16:02 - May 23 by J2BLUE

Holy sh1t. Fray Bentos and economy pies, microwaved chips, tinned steak on chips...this might be the most damning thread page in TWTD history.

None of you can ever say a word about me again.

What yer got planned for dinner J2?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024