Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disappointing to see Jamma 09:50 - May 31 with 7381 viewsitfc_bucks

digging out the tin foil hat.

Disappointing to see Jamma on 23:44 - May 31 with 1705 viewsjeera

Disappointing to see Jamma on 23:01 - May 31 by BanksterDebtSlave

I had no idea about the chimp virus.....blimey!
Edit...
Cripes!
https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccines/is-it-true/
...it must be an unlucky coincidence that this pox has materialised in so many countries at the same time.
[Post edited 31 May 2022 23:15]

It has to start somehow...

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Disappointing to see Jamma on 06:44 - Jun 1 with 1611 viewsGlasgowBlue

Disappointing to see Jamma on 23:01 - May 31 by BanksterDebtSlave

Edit...
Cripes!
https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccines/is-it-true/
...it must be an unlucky coincidence that this pox has materialised in so many countries at the same time.
[Post edited 31 May 2022 23:15]

It’s pretty obvious how this Monkeypox started.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Disappointing to see Jamma on 06:48 - Jun 1 with 1620 viewsBluearmy71

OMG out of season syndrome has kicked in fully!! You're all disappointed in a grown man making his own decisions and posting things he happens to agree with on his own twitter page all because he used to play for us!

Get a grip will ya ffs, some of the comments here are truly pathetic and they come from apparent grown men ( I know you commented Rrory but I didn't see any stupidity in ur posts....unless I missed one :P)

And before any of you try to give me sh!t I am vaccinated fully, I'm just not gonna slate anyone for their choice even though the consequences of not being vaccinated may be harsh.
Disappointing to see Jamma on 07:31 - Jun 1 with 1595 viewsStokieBlue

Disappointing to see Jamma on 06:48 - Jun 1 by Bluearmy71

OMG out of season syndrome has kicked in fully!! You're all disappointed in a grown man making his own decisions and posting things he happens to agree with on his own twitter page all because he used to play for us!

Get a grip will ya ffs, some of the comments here are truly pathetic and they come from apparent grown men ( I know you commented Rrory but I didn't see any stupidity in ur posts....unless I missed one :P)

And before any of you try to give me sh!t I am vaccinated fully, I'm just not gonna slate anyone for their choice even though the consequences of not being vaccinated may be harsh.

What a load of rambling nonsense, you've completely missed the point.

It's not about choice, it's about the propagation of scientifically incorrect misinformation and conspiracy theories which in the end cause harm to many others who either believe them or who know people who became affected by them.

In my opinion it's not fine to spread information which is potentially harmful to others. It's nothing about choice and the attempt to frame it as such is totally incorrect.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Disappointing to see Jamma on 08:34 - Jun 1 with 1551 viewsZXBlue

No, we are disappointed in an ex player we have a lot of time for, talkign absolute nonsense and spreading absurd tin foil hattery which is damaging to society.
Disappointing to see Jamma on 08:45 - Jun 1 with 1535 viewsitfc_bucks

Give your head a wobble.

He's free to make his own (stupid) choices, but the rampant spreading of this sort of scientifically inaccurate sheeeeidt is dangerous.

There are plenty enough thick as mince folks out there who swallow this sort of thing. The last thing the world needs is another person pushing it.

And, finally, I'm disappointed as Jamma always came across reasonably eloquent and educated. To see him peddling tin foil hat garbage is really disappointing.
Disappointing to see Jamma on 08:52 - Jun 1 with 1520 viewsjeera

Well this is truly pathetic.

You seen the image there of the child and the needle?

You think that's normal, acceptable , responsible behaviour? Righto.

Disappointing to see Jamma on 08:56 - Jun 1 with 1510 viewsitfc_bucks

Disappointing to see Jamma on 08:52 - Jun 1 by jeera

Well this is truly pathetic.

You seen the image there of the child and the needle?

You think that's normal, acceptable , responsible behaviour? Righto.

Thing is, yes, he probably does think that's acceptable.
Login to get fewer ads

Disappointing to see Jamma on 09:40 - Jun 1 with 1457 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Disappointing to see Jamma on 08:56 - Jun 1 by itfc_bucks

Thing is, yes, he probably does think that's acceptable.

He asked if YOU think that's normal, acceptable, responsible behaviour.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Disappointing to see Jamma on 10:10 - Jun 1 with 1439 viewsDinDjarin

Disappointing to see Jamma on 22:39 - May 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think it has been mentioned a few times. Not sure about specifically with regards to our players aside from (I think) Celina.

It has been suggested that rich, generally poorer educated people with a lot of time on their hands are more susceptible to the conspiracies. It would seem to be prevalent among sportspeople rather than just footballers. Which is bizarre considering how much they are willing to accept being done to their bodies in order to succeed at their sport. Currently No-vax Djokovic is on TV in the French Open.

That is a big ole brush you are using there.

Sure I remember the NHS having to reverse enforcement of vaccines on their staff due to potentially losing hundreds of thousands of key workers.

So people deciding to not take up the vaccine come from all walks of life not just thick rich footballers as you put it.
Disappointing to see Jamma on 10:12 - Jun 1 with 1435 viewsunbelievablue

Disappointing to see Jamma on 10:10 - Jun 1 by DinDjarin

That is a big ole brush you are using there.

Sure I remember the NHS having to reverse enforcement of vaccines on their staff due to potentially losing hundreds of thousands of key workers.

So people deciding to not take up the vaccine come from all walks of life not just thick rich footballers as you put it.

Not sure he was saying it wasn't rife in other areas, just that footballers fit the demographic (debatable) that is less likely to be vaxxed.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2022 10:14]

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Disappointing to see Jamma on 18:34 - Jun 1 with 1322 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Disappointing to see Jamma on 07:31 - Jun 1 by StokieBlue

What a load of rambling nonsense, you've completely missed the point.

It's not about choice, it's about the propagation of scientifically incorrect misinformation and conspiracy theories which in the end cause harm to many others who either believe them or who know people who became affected by them.

In my opinion it's not fine to spread information which is potentially harmful to others. It's nothing about choice and the attempt to frame it as such is totally incorrect.

SB

On a point of order, if scientific truth is an ever evolvng concept and changes with new information then how do you get to determine what is 'incorrect?' Surely you mean something like "the current best guess......"

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Disappointing to see Jamma on 18:37 - Jun 1 with 1317 viewsZXBlue

Disappointing to see Jamma on 18:34 - Jun 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

On a point of order, if scientific truth is an ever evolvng concept and changes with new information then how do you get to determine what is 'incorrect?' Surely you mean something like "the current best guess......"

No such thing as scientific truth. Science is a process. It is not an evolving concept in any way. Its conclusions may develop with more information and evidence.

Spreading things that clearly are not supported by any good evidence at all and are robustly contradicted, is clearly "incorrect" in any reasonable sense of the word. It is utterly wrong to talk of a best guess. Guesses aren't based on evidence.
Disappointing to see Jamma on 18:43 - Jun 1 with 1303 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Disappointing to see Jamma on 18:37 - Jun 1 by ZXBlue

No such thing as scientific truth. Science is a process. It is not an evolving concept in any way. Its conclusions may develop with more information and evidence.

Spreading things that clearly are not supported by any good evidence at all and are robustly contradicted, is clearly "incorrect" in any reasonable sense of the word. It is utterly wrong to talk of a best guess. Guesses aren't based on evidence.

I largely agree with you but some disciples of science should be less absolute in how they come across I think.
I am curious if anybody has seen any explanation for why this monkey pox outbreak has been so geographically diverse in such a short time frame and if links have been made between them?

Disappointing to see Jamma on 18:47 - Jun 1 with 1296 viewsDinDjarin

Disappointing to see Jamma on 18:43 - Jun 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

I largely agree with you but some disciples of science should be less absolute in how they come across I think.
I am curious if anybody has seen any explanation for why this monkey pox outbreak has been so geographically diverse in such a short time frame and if links have been made between them?

Cue another round of vaccines to fend of the monkey flu
Disappointing to see Jamma on 18:47 - Jun 1 with 1297 viewsDanTheMan

The only hypothesis I've seen so far is that now that we've fully opened up from Covid it's just started spreading easier, but think it's too early to tell.

It's spreading through particular communities as well, it's nowhere near as general as something like Covid.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Disappointing to see Jamma on 18:49 - Jun 1 with 1290 viewsZXBlue

People arent disciples of science. They either recognise science as the best path to finding out what is true, or they are wrong... There are various theories on monkeypox. Nothing o do with vaccinations as you seem to want to suggest.

You can look them up, or stay informed by listening to or watching in depth reporting and so on.
Disappointing to see Jamma on 18:57 - Jun 1 with 1282 viewsStokieBlue

Disappointing to see Jamma on 18:47 - Jun 1 by DanTheMan

The only hypothesis I've seen so far is that now that we've fully opened up from Covid it's just started spreading easier, but think it's too early to tell.

It's spreading through particular communities as well, it's nowhere near as general as something like Covid.

Monkeypox has a much lower R than covid and whilst it currently looks like it could be sexually transmitted due to the populations that have been highlighted it's actually not transmitted that way, only through close contact and very inefficiently through the air.

It's probably good to get one thing straight though before a few other people (not you of course) go off on one in this and other threads but Monkeypox actually has nothing to do with monkeys specifically. It only has that name as it was first discovered and isolated in lab monkeys in the 1950's. It's actually probable that it's a virus that lives and circulates in rodents that sometimes crosses over to monkeys and humans.

Unfortunately I'm no longer naïve enough to believe that scientific information like that will stop certain people drawing parallels between "Monkeypox" and vaccines that use a modified and non-infectious chimp adenovirus as carrier for the vaccine payload.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Disappointing to see Jamma on 19:15 - Jun 1 with 1262 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Disappointing to see Jamma on 18:49 - Jun 1 by ZXBlue

People arent disciples of science. They either recognise science as the best path to finding out what is true, or they are wrong... There are various theories on monkeypox. Nothing o do with vaccinations as you seem to want to suggest.

You can look them up, or stay informed by listening to or watching in depth reporting and so on.

Do you have a scientific basis for jumping to that unfounded conclusion?

Disappointing to see Jamma on 19:49 - Jun 1 with 1239 viewsZXBlue

Disappointing to see Jamma on 19:15 - Jun 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

Do you have a scientific basis for jumping to that unfounded conclusion?

I think you just demonstrated the point nicely there.
Disappointing to see Jamma on 20:00 - Jun 1 with 1224 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Disappointing to see Jamma on 19:49 - Jun 1 by ZXBlue

I think you just demonstrated the point nicely there.

I would say that the reverse were true.
When I read that monkey pox was cropping up in multiple countries at the same time my reaction was...oh dear I can see where this is likely to go. Imagine my surprise when of all people it was Stokie who flagged up a conspiracy and pointed out the link between covid vaccines and monkey viruses.

Disappointing to see Jamma on 20:05 - Jun 1 with 1211 viewsjeera

Disappointing to see Jamma on 09:40 - Jun 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

He asked if YOU think that's normal, acceptable, responsible behaviour.

You've got the wrong person you donut.

Disappointing to see Jamma on 20:18 - Jun 1 with 1185 viewsZXBlue

Disappointing to see Jamma on 20:00 - Jun 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

When I read that monkey pox was cropping up in multiple countries at the same time my reaction was...oh dear I can see where this is likely to go. Imagine my surprise when of all people it was Stokie who flagged up a conspiracy and pointed out the link between covid vaccines and monkey viruses.

What?! That is an outright lie. he did no such thing!. Thee is no link and he did not suggest one. Quite the opposite.
Disappointing to see Jamma on 20:21 - Jun 1 with 1177 viewsjeera

Disappointing to see Jamma on 20:00 - Jun 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

Give over mate. It's the same routine.

Disappointing to see Jamma by BanksterDebtSlave 31 May 2022 23:01
Edit...
Cripes!
https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccines/is-it-true/is-it-true-does-the-vaxzevria-astrazeneca-vaccine-contain-animal-dna

Say something controversial then pretend you're being curious.

You seem a good guy so heck knows why you do this nonsense.

Disappointing to see Jamma on 20:29 - Jun 1 with 1162 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Disappointing to see Jamma on 20:21 - Jun 1 by jeera

Give over mate. It's the same routine.

Disappointing to see Jamma by BanksterDebtSlave 31 May 2022 23:01
Edit...
Cripes!
https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccines/is-it-true/is-it-true-does-the-vaxzevria-astrazeneca-vaccine-contain-animal-dna

Say something controversial then pretend you're being curious.

You seem a good guy so heck knows why you do this nonsense.

The scientific evidence does not stack up with him seeming a good guy. I am not sure where you get that from.

He likes to paint science as something that is always uncertain, generally wrong and not to be trusted. It appears based around either a misunderstanding of how science works or a deliberate misrepresentation of it. Currently I remain unsure which.

Of course, there are times when scientific and popular consensus have been wrong (frequently based on poor science and affected by other underlying beliefs).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024