Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huge change happening up the road 12:09 - Jun 17 with 4966 viewscatch74

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Huge change happening up the road on 13:54 - Jun 17 with 1197 viewsWickwar_Blue

I’m surprised they didn’t incorporate their club motto “ Satis est participare”* into the new design.

*For anyone without a working knowledge of Latin “To participate is enough.”
Huge change happening up the road on 13:54 - Jun 17 with 1201 viewsSTYG

I have only just noticed that, in typical Norfolk fashion, the new Canary doesn't have the right number of toes! Just a shame it didn't have 5 instead of 4, but this will do.

Amazing stuff!!!
Huge change happening up the road on 14:03 - Jun 17 with 1160 viewshoppy

Huge change happening up the road on 13:50 - Jun 17 by STYG

Hoppy you're a designer aren't you?

What are your thoughts from a purely professional point of view? The canary is hideous I feel, right down to the fact it has a ball instead of a foot. Why not just outline the foot in green on the yellow ball like they've done with the wings?

Seems a lack of consistency from the lion to the canary wing to the ball.

I am.

I think it's an improvement, as until you actually look at it properly, I'd never quite realised how much their old one looked like a 5 yr old had drawn it - and one that can't do animal faces.

As far as the foot, they have outlined it in green, or at least the foot that is visible from the front side, haven't they? In terms of the positioning and how close the different elements are to the edges, I think that may have been to try and visually balance the areas of negative space that the shapes create.

It should be far more flexible in terms of application, across digital media particularly, but it does seem a little bit too simplified - but maybe that's to relate to the locals a bit more?

At the end of the day, it's still a Norwich badge, it's still a hideous blot on the eyes, and will still be on the shirts of a crap team with no history, so seems about right for them.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Huge change happening up the road on 14:06 - Jun 17 with 1144 viewsSTYG

Huge change happening up the road on 14:03 - Jun 17 by hoppy

I am.

I think it's an improvement, as until you actually look at it properly, I'd never quite realised how much their old one looked like a 5 yr old had drawn it - and one that can't do animal faces.

As far as the foot, they have outlined it in green, or at least the foot that is visible from the front side, haven't they? In terms of the positioning and how close the different elements are to the edges, I think that may have been to try and visually balance the areas of negative space that the shapes create.

It should be far more flexible in terms of application, across digital media particularly, but it does seem a little bit too simplified - but maybe that's to relate to the locals a bit more?

At the end of the day, it's still a Norwich badge, it's still a hideous blot on the eyes, and will still be on the shirts of a crap team with no history, so seems about right for them.

A pretty fair appraisal then.

I think it's entirely possible that the designer felt nauseas when they were doing the last few bits and probably just gave up for the benefit of their health.

When you look closely at that old badge, it seems incredibly it lasted so long. You'd draw better lines with your weak hand, whilst using the other to knock one out on a rollercoaster (not to be recommended - lifetime ban from Alton Towers).
Huge change happening up the road on 15:22 - Jun 17 with 1083 viewshoppy

Huge change happening up the road on 14:06 - Jun 17 by STYG

A pretty fair appraisal then.

I think it's entirely possible that the designer felt nauseas when they were doing the last few bits and probably just gave up for the benefit of their health.

When you look closely at that old badge, it seems incredibly it lasted so long. You'd draw better lines with your weak hand, whilst using the other to knock one out on a rollercoaster (not to be recommended - lifetime ban from Alton Towers).

Thorpe Park for me.

Huge change happening up the road on 16:10 - Jun 17 with 1040 viewsStewart27

That is honestly one of the most pathetic things I’ve ever seen.

I know I’m biased, but is there any crest worse than that in the world? An awful little bird on a perch in yellow and green.

Embarrassing.
Huge change happening up the road on 16:15 - Jun 17 with 1035 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Huge change happening up the road on 12:53 - Jun 17 by SitfcB

Was unveiled a while ago…

Budgies are supposedly unveiling their new crest/badge at 6pm by BLUEBEAT 23 Nov 2021 16:34
I wonder what it will include?

#family

But not to be officially used until today...

https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/club-reveal-new-crest

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Huge change happening up the road on 16:17 - Jun 17 with 1032 viewsSTYG

Huge change happening up the road on 16:15 - Jun 17 by BasingstokeBlue

But not to be officially used until today...

https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/club-reveal-new-crest

It get's better. They've launched a bespoke typeface. And it's bloody awful!

https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/norwich-city-our-new-club-branding

I get that we don't like them but their website is actually headache inducing. I am not sure how they don't realise that. It's just horrific.

On a side note, the new canary looks even worse now it's applied to the website. It really looks like a sunday league teams would.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2022 16:18]
Login to get fewer ads

Huge change happening up the road on 16:18 - Jun 17 with 1027 viewsKeno

its a budgie taking a giant dump, seems very apt

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Huge change happening up the road on 16:20 - Jun 17 with 1022 viewsSwansea_Blue

I am.

I'm not a designer, but that positioning jars with me. It might be my eyes playing tricks but it looks like there are inconsistent gaps between the shapes and the edges of the crest that make it look pretty amateurish. And yes those blocks of colour are a distraction too and cold be worse if the shapes were equally spaced from the edges of the crest..

I feel they'd have been better going with a crest shape but formed solely out of the following letters

PART
ICIPE
NTS

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Huge change happening up the road on 16:21 - Jun 17 with 1020 viewsKropotkin123

They should have ditched the castle and lion, but still an improvement.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Huge change happening up the road on 16:29 - Jun 17 with 997 viewsKeno

I am.

Is the lion just very small or is it far away?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Huge change happening up the road on 16:47 - Jun 17 with 974 viewscatch74

I am.

If Minecraft did lions…

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Huge change happening up the road on 16:52 - Jun 17 with 969 viewsSTYG

Meanwhile, Hitchin's version has turned round and asked 'What the f*** is that?
[Post edited 17 Jun 2022 16:53]
Huge change happening up the road on 21:37 - Jun 17 with 870 viewsVeggie

Huge change happening up the road on 12:20 - Jun 17 by TrumptonBlue

I think they were clearly keen to move the ball in the centre, but if they'd extended the canary - sorry, budgie - further to the right it would have looked more like it was going to topple off the ball than it does already.

I think it's an improvement without the fussy black edging, and the castle and lion/dragon thing are much improved. But where's the airport?
[Post edited 17 Jun 2022 12:22]

The airport is clearly represented by aeroplane icon (or is is the bird’s foot). Either way, why does their badge feature a sparrow standing on a ping pong ball?
Huge change happening up the road on 22:50 - Jun 17 with 796 viewshoppy

Huge change happening up the road on 16:20 - Jun 17 by Swansea_Blue

I'm not a designer, but that positioning jars with me. It might be my eyes playing tricks but it looks like there are inconsistent gaps between the shapes and the edges of the crest that make it look pretty amateurish. And yes those blocks of colour are a distraction too and cold be worse if the shapes were equally spaced from the edges of the crest..

I feel they'd have been better going with a crest shape but formed solely out of the following letters

PART
ICIPE
NTS

PART
ICI
PANTS

Huge change happening up the road on 00:14 - Jun 18 with 747 viewsjeera

Just to join the comments about the old design.

I too hadn't realised how awful the badge was. The lion/dragon[?] looks like it's been made from an old tattered piece of cut out paper.

And on the new design they have cleared the bird sh1t off the ball.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Huge change happening up the road on 06:36 - Jun 18 with 699 viewsChondzoresk

It is what it is, a sparrow on a unicycle. With some kind of abandoned building that needs demolishing and I assume some locals artist’s impression of a small terrier like dog. Apparently this was done by the well known Norwich designer Ian Bred.
Huge change happening up the road on 07:23 - Jun 18 with 653 viewshoppy

Huge change happening up the road on 16:17 - Jun 17 by STYG

It get's better. They've launched a bespoke typeface. And it's bloody awful!

https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/norwich-city-our-new-club-branding

I get that we don't like them but their website is actually headache inducing. I am not sure how they don't realise that. It's just horrific.

On a side note, the new canary looks even worse now it's applied to the website. It really looks like a sunday league teams would.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2022 16:18]

They missed the bit out in the explanatory text:

‘Norwich Weave’ has been developed to recognise and celebrate the inter-weaving of our ancestors, that we remain proud of and still practice to this day to remain one family.

I also like this bit…

”Everyone at Norwich City is immensely proud of our history and the connection the club has with the heart of the city, which is why, after consultation with supporters and working with several different groups and stakeholders… we’ve asked a London design agency to do this work for us, rather than one of the city’s own number of design agencies*”

* I may have amended the last sentence a little bit.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024