Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post 19:30 - Jun 20 with 2594 viewsBent_double

Anyone who doesn't have an interest in running, or hearing about times and distances, please 'jog on'

I just did my latest 10k, and ran sub 5 mins for one of the kilometres for the first time ever....very chuffed about that (even if it was 4m59s!!)

Not only that, but my best ever 5k time at 25m12s....not bad for an old-git!

Just thought I'd share that with you good people. Happy to hear from anyone who regularly smashes those times, just to put me back in my place.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 00:29 - Jun 21 with 485 viewsmutters

Absolutely great work, always pleasing when you start to get some good progress

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 07:21 - Jun 21 with 462 viewsElephantintheRoom

A Brexit bonus is that you can now aim for a four minute mile

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 07:24 - Jun 21 with 461 viewsEssen_blue

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 20:38 - Jun 20 by BlueAllOver

Congrats, I started running in lock down and love it now.
Over 50 got best 5k time down to just under 20mins

42 min 10k. 1h35 for 1/2 marathon. Was due to do marathon was aiming for sub 3h30 but had injury setback but upping the miles once again now.

Would like to do more races but junior football team coaching and refereeing clashes.

We are about the same pace.
10km at the weekend 42:30 , 1/2 marathon 1:32, if I can give up the beer I will hit the 1:30.

I need to enter a marathon this year and see if I can do a 3h30.
Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 07:29 - Jun 21 with 455 viewsLesta_Tractor

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 22:12 - Jun 20 by ADStephenson

I used to do a lot of running with Colchester Harriers and was at my best circa 2014/15 (before I moved to Germany).
My best 5k time is 16:42 and my best 10k is 35:25 (finished in the first 1% of the London 10k). Sadly, 4 years of Achilles issues (I have a lot of sympathy for Tom Adeyemi!) mean I don't train regularly (or at all, really) anymore and have done two sub 20 5k times in the last few months (the first time I have in 18 months of so).
Anyone who gets out there and tries to improve themselves by running gets respect from me. I've seen a park runner with a superb t shirt that said "Slow miles are better than no miles" - a fantastic mantra. Keep it up everyone!

16:42 😯

I get round my (very very flat) local parkrun in about 18, just can't seem to get any quicker

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 08:42 - Jun 21 with 442 viewsADStephenson

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 07:29 - Jun 21 by Lesta_Tractor

16:42 😯

I get round my (very very flat) local parkrun in about 18, just can't seem to get any quicker

That was on a track, so literally totally flat - a bit boring though. It's a relentless pace - a shade over 3:20 per km. I did sub 17 at Colchester parkrun as well, which is not flat at all. If I'd gone for a track 5k then I might have improved, but I was focused on 800m and 1500m then. I'd get no way near that now though. I wouldn't get near 18 either. That's a cracking time.

www.adstephenson.com

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 09:03 - Jun 21 with 432 viewsExiled2Surrey

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 20:26 - Jun 20 by EJP

Good work!

I’ve started rowing to complement my running and are pleasantly surprised at the improvement on my pace. I was averaging 26:30 5ks on my treadmill but am now down to 24:08! I did think the tread needed calibration but I use a plotted route on iFIT so know the distance is correct.

This place is good if anyone is looking for a rowing machine (although they’re out of stock currently)

https://www.restylefitness.co.uk/product-category/rowing-machines/

Totally agree on using the rowing ergo to complement the running. Rowing was my original sport so i can happily tap away on a concept 2 for an hour or so, watching the footy / cricket etc. But I am nearly 6 foot 4 and built more for a boat than the road, so having non weight bearing cardio is great for injury prevention (and cycling takes too long / needs too much kit).

But running is the thing i do most of nowadays, and in the last few years i have run a load of trail events which i would highly recommend - they come over a variety of distances. There is one run by Endurance Life along the coast near Dunwich in October that i am very tempted by. As others have said, there is an almost meditative benefit of being out, whatever the weather.

I am going to join that strava group!
Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 10:05 - Jun 21 with 403 viewsitfcjoe

Nice one, I keep trying to egt back into running and failing - really enjoyed it a few years back and got myself as fit as I have been for years - I know if i can work through C2r6 I'll be running 25 min 5ks which I was always well happy with but just keep stopping and starting

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 10:34 - Jun 21 with 392 viewsSwansea_Blue

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 20:18 - Jun 20 by Ewan_Oozami

Well done! I generally struggle to get below an hour for 10k nowadays - but on Saturday I'm hoping to break 25mins over 10miles for the first time in about 35 years! That's on a TT bike though :-)

I struggle to get below 10 hours for 1 km these days! I did clock 20 mins for 10 miles on my road bike the other week. Trouble is I'd left my watch running while the bike was on the car - it looks good on Strava though!

I was doing pretty well with my running up until about 6 weeks ago. Had a few too many beers since then though :(

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 10:51 - Jun 21 with 385 viewsSwansea_Blue

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 10:05 - Jun 21 by itfcjoe

Nice one, I keep trying to egt back into running and failing - really enjoyed it a few years back and got myself as fit as I have been for years - I know if i can work through C2r6 I'll be running 25 min 5ks which I was always well happy with but just keep stopping and starting

Same - totally inconsistent. I get to a point where I can push myself on trails for about 6-7 miles and feel great afterward. And then have a gap, pack on a few kilos and then I'm back puffing and building up from 2-3 miles again.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 19:44 - Jun 22 with 327 viewsBlueAllOver

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 07:24 - Jun 21 by Essen_blue

We are about the same pace.
10km at the weekend 42:30 , 1/2 marathon 1:32, if I can give up the beer I will hit the 1:30.

I need to enter a marathon this year and see if I can do a 3h30.

Yeah likewise to get faster now think would need better diet less beer, not likely, or more realistically should be doimg s&c, other activities , as only doing running at the minute.
Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 21:11 - Jun 22 with 316 viewsunbelievablue

Apologies, bit of a 'look at meeee' post on 19:44 - Jun 22 by BlueAllOver

Yeah likewise to get faster now think would need better diet less beer, not likely, or more realistically should be doimg s&c, other activities , as only doing running at the minute.

I'm a flab monster at the moment but at the height of my running I was doing strength/weight-lifting stuff 3 times a week. Amazing what a stronger core and legs will do for running.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024