Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
School tells boys they can wear skirts in the summer but not shorts 18:34 - Jun 27 with 1365 viewsSitfcB

https://metro.co.uk/2022/06/27/norfolk-school-tells-boys-they-can-wear-skirts-bu

World is getting weirder and weirder but it is Norfolk.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

School tells boys they can wear skirts in the summer but not shorts on 18:42 - Jun 27 with 1305 viewsBlueandTruesince82

My old school that

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

School tells boys they can wear skirts in the summer but not shorts on 18:46 - Jun 27 with 1291 viewsNthsuffolkblue

That's unusual. Most schools would include shorts in the uniform as well as skirts. Not sure what the logic is.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

School tells boys they can wear skirts in the summer but not shorts on 18:52 - Jun 27 with 1262 viewsjeera

School tells boys they can wear skirts in the summer but not shorts on 18:46 - Jun 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

That's unusual. Most schools would include shorts in the uniform as well as skirts. Not sure what the logic is.

This makes me wonder where they stand on culottes.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

School tells boys they can wear skirts in the summer but not shorts on 18:55 - Jun 27 with 1249 viewsJ2BLUE

All pupils may also wear shorts if they should wish to do so.

That's all they would need to add. Head teacher seems like a complete idiot.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

School tells boys they can wear skirts in the summer but not shorts on 19:00 - Jun 27 with 1209 viewsNthsuffolkblue

School tells boys they can wear skirts in the summer but not shorts on 18:52 - Jun 27 by jeera

This makes me wonder where they stand on culottes.

Not sure they would stand on them but rather wear them.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

School tells boys they can wear skirts in the summer but not shorts on 19:40 - Jun 27 with 1138 viewshoppy

Shouldn't Wymondham High be capitalised, as it's the name of the school, so therefore a proper noun?

You'd expect an educational establishment to get that right, wouldn't you?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

School tells boys they can wear skirts in the summer but not shorts on 19:44 - Jun 27 with 1112 viewsHighgateBlue

School tells boys they can wear skirts in the summer but not shorts on 18:55 - Jun 27 by J2BLUE

All pupils may also wear shorts if they should wish to do so.

That's all they would need to add. Head teacher seems like a complete idiot.

Careful drafting is required, however. "Also wear shorts" might be taken to indicate that skirts and shorts together are permitted, but not shorts on their own ;)
School tells boys they can wear skirts in the summer but not shorts on 19:44 - Jun 27 with 1105 viewsFixed_It

School tells boys they can wear skirts in the summer but not shorts on 19:40 - Jun 27 by hoppy

Shouldn't Wymondham High be capitalised, as it's the name of the school, so therefore a proper noun?

You'd expect an educational establishment to get that right, wouldn't you?

Bloody graphic designers. Tsk!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

School tells boys they can wear skirts in the summer but not shorts on 20:54 - Jun 27 with 976 viewsZXBlue

School tells boys they can wear skirts in the summer but not shorts on 18:46 - Jun 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

The logic seems clear.

They recognise that they are in difficulty saying no to skirts for boys on discrimination grounds. However, they can retain a ban on shorts, and work on the basis that very few boys will actually wear skirts and, if they do, it will eb ashort lived novelty. hence preserving their completely arbitrary status quo whilst paying lip service to the idea of equality.
School tells boys they can wear skirts in the summer but not shorts on 20:57 - Jun 27 with 966 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

“But it is Norfolk “

I imagine a skirt is easier to slip on than shorts if you have webbed feet.
School tells boys they can wear skirts in the summer but not shorts on 22:10 - Jun 27 with 867 viewsGuthrum

School tells boys they can wear skirts in the summer but not shorts on 19:44 - Jun 27 by HighgateBlue

Careful drafting is required, however. "Also wear shorts" might be taken to indicate that skirts and shorts together are permitted, but not shorts on their own ;)

You certainly have to be careful with draughts if not used to wearing a skirt.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

School tells boys they can wear skirts in the summer but not shorts on 22:52 - Jun 27 with 802 viewshoppy

School tells boys they can wear skirts in the summer but not shorts on 19:44 - Jun 27 by Fixed_It

Bloody graphic designers. Tsk!

I hadn't even got on to the design of the sign...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

School tells boys they can wear skirts in the summer but not shorts on 07:47 - Jun 28 with 625 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Does the school have a sizeable percentage of boys of Scottish descent?

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

School tells boys they can wear skirts in the summer but not shorts on 08:06 - Jun 28 with 590 viewsBondiBlue

Can only imagine how confused the headmaster would be if he learned that in Australia, girls wear these thing called skorts (skirt/shorts).

Poll: Which would you accept?

School tells boys they can wear skirts in the summer but not shorts on 08:18 - Jun 28 with 564 viewsBlueBoots

NFN

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024