Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight 13:17 - Jun 28 with 4370 viewshype313

Go...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 05:22 - Jun 29 with 645 viewsKropotkin123

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 13:34 - Jun 28 by hype313

It's Plymouth.

Congrats to those who got it right, send me your address and I'll send some battenburg across.

Just looked up the Southend and Plymouth...

"The metro area population of Southend-On-Sea in 2020 was 312,000"

"The city of Plymouth has an estimated population of around 264,000 residents."

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 06:43 - Jun 29 with 603 viewsgosblue

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 05:22 - Jun 29 by Kropotkin123

Just looked up the Southend and Plymouth...

"The metro area population of Southend-On-Sea in 2020 was 312,000"

"The city of Plymouth has an estimated population of around 264,000 residents."

I had Southend ahead of Plymouth. The googled source I used was definitely unreliable.
I’ve just checked the 2021 census figures released yesterday.
Plymouth 264 700
Southend 180 700
I fell into the trap of believing what I read on line.
I would down arrow myself if I could.
Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 07:45 - Jun 29 with 582 viewshype313

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 06:43 - Jun 29 by gosblue

I had Southend ahead of Plymouth. The googled source I used was definitely unreliable.
Plymouth 264 700
Southend 180 700

Tbh the way this threads gone for me I'm surprised I haven't beaten Frimmers down arrow record.

Surpringly, there seems to be a lot of love for Battenburg. They all come out of the closet when free cake is offered.

Principles out the window.

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 13:21 - Jun 29 with 550 viewsRIPbobby

Has to be Westminster suely.

And its not. Lol
[Post edited 29 Jun 2022 13:26]
Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 14:36 - Jun 29 with 523 viewsclive_baker

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 07:45 - Jun 29 by hype313

Tbh the way this threads gone for me I'm surprised I haven't beaten Frimmers down arrow record.

Surpringly, there seems to be a lot of love for Battenburg. They all come out of the closet when free cake is offered.

Principles out the window.

Southend has only very recently become a city, so I think you can defend your position based on that technicality.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2022 14:37]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 14:39 - Jun 29 with 515 viewshoppy

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 14:36 - Jun 29 by clive_baker

Southend has only very recently become a city, so I think you can defend your position based on that technicality.

To be fair, it was marginally better researched than one of Keno's quizzes fairly recently.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 14:44 - Jun 29 with 508 viewshype313

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 14:39 - Jun 29 by hoppy

To be fair, it was marginally better researched than one of Keno's quizzes fairly recently.

I think that's pushing it.

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 14:46 - Jun 29 with 506 viewshype313

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 14:36 - Jun 29 by clive_baker

Nope, even a technicality can't get me out of this one.

Nevermind, as my teacher used to say 'Must try harder' or it might have been the other, more common phrase 'Get out of my classroom and never return'

I'll let Phil decide this outcome

Login to get fewer ads

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 20:54 - Jun 29 with 435 viewsHeinz

Salford City
Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 21:37 - Jun 29 with 418 viewsMJallday

Hereford

Judging by the traffic there is at least 5 million here

In seriousness, Gloucester has gotta be worth a shout?

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 21:55 - Jun 29 with 411 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 05:17 - Jun 29 by Kropotkin123

Going to put a controversial one out there. Newport.

Obviously they are a Welsh club, but Newport County play in the English Football League, so I think it should count.

If not, it is Southend

At the risk of a whoosh,

Southend population 160K, Newport 147K (so Southend would surpass Newport even if they weren't Welsh). Plymouth 262K.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 22:27 - Jun 29 with 400 viewsScottCandage

Gio
Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 03:01 - Jun 30 with 346 viewsKropotkin123

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 06:43 - Jun 29 by gosblue

Plymouth 264 700
Southend 180 700

I thought it was the difference between Greater Southend and Southend. I checked a few different places sources. Thanks for correcting.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 03:07 - Jun 30 with 340 viewsKropotkin123

Biggest City in England never to have a team in the top flight on 21:55 - Jun 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

At the risk of a whoosh,

Southend population 160K, Newport 147K (so Southend would surpass Newport even if they weren't Welsh). Plymouth 262K.

Yeah, no whoosh needed for you. It appears like a lot of sources are using a greater area than I/we would. My understanding of the biggest cities has been wrong for some time based on this. Glad I'm getting educated though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024