Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A week since I tested positive for C19 11:50 - Jul 10 with 2978 viewsnoggin

and I'm still very short of breath, especially while walking. Most people I know who have had the rona recently, say they have been better after a couple of days with cold/flu symptoms. Anyone else still having breathing problems after a week?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 11:53 - Jul 10 with 2508 viewsRegencyBlue

Not with recent variants no.

If I were you I would contact my GP. Better safe than sorry!
A week since I tested positive for C19 on 11:55 - Jul 10 with 2482 viewsnoggin

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 11:53 - Jul 10 by RegencyBlue

Not sure there's much they can do. I don't have a temperature, just the SOB.

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 12:03 - Jul 10 with 2439 viewsRegencyBlue

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 11:55 - Jul 10 by noggin

Not sure there's much they can do. I don't have a temperature, just the SOB.

My GP was dishing out oxometers (not sure if that’s how you spell it) to patients who had Covid to keep an eye on blood oxygen levels.

There was a %, which I don’t remember now, which if your level fell below you needed to seek further medical help. I had to do it for two weeks before handing it back.

Not sure they all do it but made me feel a bit more comfortable with the situation.
A week since I tested positive for C19 on 12:03 - Jul 10 with 2445 viewsOldsmoker

I'm still having breathing problems since my Delta infection of October 2021.
My doctor says that what little research is being done to find a drug to repair the lung damage caused by Covid won't result in a treatment for some years. This is because clinical trials take ages, there's no panic for these drugs and there's probably not much money to be made.
If you're young enough, your lungs should repair themselves as your DNA replaces old cells with new ones.
I'm 68, so I've accepted that I'll be gasping for air for the rest of my life.
The bright side for you is that statistically because I'm in the wrong spreadsheet column you won't be.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 12:07 - Jul 10 with 2395 viewsWD19

Is it your first dose?

Think taking a while to get back to match fitness after the first experience is quite common.

Good news is that each subsequent experience gets easier.
A week since I tested positive for C19 on 12:19 - Jul 10 with 2353 viewstonybied

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 12:03 - Jul 10 by Oldsmoker

I'm still having breathing problems since my Delta infection of October 2021.
My doctor says that what little research is being done to find a drug to repair the lung damage caused by Covid won't result in a treatment for some years. This is because clinical trials take ages, there's no panic for these drugs and there's probably not much money to be made.
If you're young enough, your lungs should repair themselves as your DNA replaces old cells with new ones.
I'm 68, so I've accepted that I'll be gasping for air for the rest of my life.
The bright side for you is that statistically because I'm in the wrong spreadsheet column you won't be.

It took me a good six months or so for my lungs to feel somewhere like normal again when I caught COVID in October 2021. Stairs were awful for me. I would struggle to hold a conversation with anyone straight after tackling a couple of flights of stairs, it would take me a few minutes to recover.
A week since I tested positive for C19 on 12:27 - Jul 10 with 2315 viewsOldsmoker

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 12:19 - Jul 10 by tonybied

It took me a good six months or so for my lungs to feel somewhere like normal again when I caught COVID in October 2021. Stairs were awful for me. I would struggle to hold a conversation with anyone straight after tackling a couple of flights of stairs, it would take me a few minutes to recover.

That's me in a nutshell.
Bright side is I get the lift and avoid the stairs
I don't bother talking to peeps which fits well with my grumpy old sod persona.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 12:32 - Jul 10 with 2300 viewsjaykay

i got it a couple of months ago at my brothers funeral, nothing major in feeling ill but now i get out of breath easily.
one thing i meant to ask you nog do you have relations in suffolk

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Login to get fewer ads

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 12:50 - Jul 10 with 2248 viewsdavblue

I tested positive yesterday and I slept pretty much all day and all night, achy and a headache. Today I feel better, still ache not as much have a very slight cough and feel tired but no
Struggles with breath, hopefully I won’t either.
A week since I tested positive for C19 on 14:45 - Jul 10 with 2047 viewsjeera

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 12:32 - Jul 10 by jaykay

i got it a couple of months ago at my brothers funeral, nothing major in feeling ill but now i get out of breath easily.
one thing i meant to ask you nog do you have relations in suffolk

Sorry for your loss Jaykay.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 14:58 - Jul 10 with 2031 viewsPippin1970

I ended up with breathing machine at nights from hospital. 50 per cent less oxygen. 4 months in feels miles better. Worked still as do mental health work and disabilities.
A week since I tested positive for C19 on 15:28 - Jul 10 with 1970 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 11:53 - Jul 10 by RegencyBlue

Is your GP better than his then?

I would recommend contacting his own medical services for sure. A pharmacist is another option but I suspect they would pass you on to your GP for this anyway.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 15:31 - Jul 10 with 1955 viewsjeera

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 15:28 - Jul 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

Is your GP better than his then?

I would recommend contacting his own medical services for sure. A pharmacist is another option but I suspect they would pass you on to your GP for this anyway.

My GP practice is rubbish.

In future I think I might contact Regency's myself. They sound as though they're on the ball.

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 15:56 - Jul 10 with 1913 viewssolomon

Yes, it’s been 2 weeks and I’m still struggling, unfortunate to have some underlying health issues so I’m trying to be extra careful. Hope you are felling better and looking after yourself
A week since I tested positive for C19 on 16:25 - Jul 10 with 1868 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 12:03 - Jul 10 by RegencyBlue

My GP was dishing out oxometers (not sure if that’s how you spell it) to patients who had Covid to keep an eye on blood oxygen levels.

There was a %, which I don’t remember now, which if your level fell below you needed to seek further medical help. I had to do it for two weeks before handing it back.

Not sure they all do it but made me feel a bit more comfortable with the situation.

The oximeters were sourced by Boris from China. About 25% of them misread the O2 level, by 3-4%. The critical level is 93% O2. We tested five different models at our Trust against a "gold standard" and whilst 4 makes were legit and accurate to within +/- 1%, there was a particular brand (I can't recall which) that read consistently 3-4% higher than the real reading. So potentially, people could be in very serious O2 deficit and need hospitalisation, but assume they are ok because a "toy" oximeter tells them they are at 94%.

This is one of many reasons I despise Boris (and Hancock) because they were so arrogant and spunking taxpayer money up the wall on rubbish and playing with people's lives.

From a personal experience of having Covid in March, I "recovered" within just a few days - but only in the last couple of weeks have I felt that my breathing and fitness level has got back to where it was before - 4 months later. Get well soon bud. And if you feel very poorly, don't trust the oximeter, and go for a professional diagnosis.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2022 16:26]

Poll: would you rather

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 16:29 - Jul 10 with 1837 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 16:25 - Jul 10 by LegendofthePhoenix

The oximeters were sourced by Boris from China. About 25% of them misread the O2 level, by 3-4%. The critical level is 93% O2. We tested five different models at our Trust against a "gold standard" and whilst 4 makes were legit and accurate to within +/- 1%, there was a particular brand (I can't recall which) that read consistently 3-4% higher than the real reading. So potentially, people could be in very serious O2 deficit and need hospitalisation, but assume they are ok because a "toy" oximeter tells them they are at 94%.

This is one of many reasons I despise Boris (and Hancock) because they were so arrogant and spunking taxpayer money up the wall on rubbish and playing with people's lives.

From a personal experience of having Covid in March, I "recovered" within just a few days - but only in the last couple of weeks have I felt that my breathing and fitness level has got back to where it was before - 4 months later. Get well soon bud. And if you feel very poorly, don't trust the oximeter, and go for a professional diagnosis.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2022 16:26]

Wasn't there also an issue with them being affected by skin pigment and a suggestion that they may have had some part to play in the poorer outcomes for ethnic minorities?

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 16:47 - Jul 10 with 1799 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 16:29 - Jul 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

Wasn't there also an issue with them being affected by skin pigment and a suggestion that they may have had some part to play in the poorer outcomes for ethnic minorities?

I think that's a separate issue - the "Home" oximeters were only sourced in or around spring 2021. So that was more than a year after the first wave, where there seemed to be a disproportionate impact on the BAME community. I think there are many theories why the BAME community were affected so badly, but the oximeters given out for home use in 2021 is not a significant part in this. That said, oximeters that are properly made to meet the right standards (IEC 60601-1 and its various subsidiaries) have to be tested and proven against a wide range of skin types. Clearly toy ones that don't meet any standards are not.

Poll: would you rather

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 22:40 - Jul 10 with 1578 viewsnoggin

Thanks for all the advice and support team. I'm generally ok but even sitting here now, it's an effort. Not like COPD or serious heart failure but I'm having to work at breathing which, as a healthy man of 55 years, I've never experienced before.

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 22:51 - Jul 10 with 1549 viewsMalcolmMeatballHead

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

I have been positive for a week too. However, it hasn't really given me a bad chest. Weirdly the biggest way it's affected me is with my ears. I've lost probably 50 percent of my hearing and I have a constant ringing in my ears. Sounds crazy I know but just wondering if anybody else has experienced this. For the past week I've been partially deaf and can only assume it's COVID related
A week since I tested positive for C19 on 22:55 - Jul 10 with 1527 viewsjeera

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 22:51 - Jul 10 by MalcolmMeatballHead

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

I have been positive for a week too. However, it hasn't really given me a bad chest. Weirdly the biggest way it's affected me is with my ears. I've lost probably 50 percent of my hearing and I have a constant ringing in my ears. Sounds crazy I know but just wondering if anybody else has experienced this. For the past week I've been partially deaf and can only assume it's COVID related

Like tinnitus?

Mind you I suppose if you don't know what that's like then it's difficult to tell.

Maybe keep an eye on that one, so to speak.

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 23:03 - Jul 10 with 1490 viewsMalcolmMeatballHead

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 22:55 - Jul 10 by jeera

Like tinnitus?

Mind you I suppose if you don't know what that's like then it's difficult to tell.

Maybe keep an eye on that one, so to speak.

Never had tinnitus but from what I've read it does seem similar to that. Most bizarre.

Thanks for the reply
A week since I tested positive for C19 on 23:22 - Jul 10 with 1453 viewsWeWereZombies

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 23:03 - Jul 10 by MalcolmMeatballHead

Never had tinnitus but from what I've read it does seem similar to that. Most bizarre.

Thanks for the reply

As someone who has tinnitus I think you have given a description of one of the effects (there are quite a few.) Stress can play a part in the incidence of this problem I have found (so why the heck do i come on this forum so often ?)

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 23:27 - Jul 10 with 1432 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 16:47 - Jul 10 by LegendofthePhoenix

I think that's a separate issue - the "Home" oximeters were only sourced in or around spring 2021. So that was more than a year after the first wave, where there seemed to be a disproportionate impact on the BAME community. I think there are many theories why the BAME community were affected so badly, but the oximeters given out for home use in 2021 is not a significant part in this. That said, oximeters that are properly made to meet the right standards (IEC 60601-1 and its various subsidiaries) have to be tested and proven against a wide range of skin types. Clearly toy ones that don't meet any standards are not.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59363544

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 05:06 - Jul 11 with 1333 viewsChurchman

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 12:50 - Jul 10 by davblue

I tested positive yesterday and I slept pretty much all day and all night, achy and a headache. Today I feel better, still ache not as much have a very slight cough and feel tired but no
Struggles with breath, hopefully I won’t either.

Similar symptoms for me yesterday. The misses tested positive last Tuesday and I thought I might get away with it. Nope. Sore throat, cough and felt like I’d been trampled all over yesterday (like a bad cold). Plenty of zzzs, feel a little better this morning, though tired.

Odd though, I didn’t test positive. I suspect I will in a couple of days time - unless it is just a cold.
A week since I tested positive for C19 on 07:56 - Jul 12 with 1103 viewsChurchman

A week since I tested positive for C19 on 05:06 - Jul 11 by Churchman

Similar symptoms for me yesterday. The misses tested positive last Tuesday and I thought I might get away with it. Nope. Sore throat, cough and felt like I’d been trampled all over yesterday (like a bad cold). Plenty of zzzs, feel a little better this morning, though tired.

Odd though, I didn’t test positive. I suspect I will in a couple of days time - unless it is just a cold.

Tested positive today, but feel much improved compared to the last couple. Odd, I thought it would show on the test earlier, but then what do I know about viruses?

What I do know is that if you can avoid it, great. It’s not nice. However, that’s just about impossible if somebody in the house gets it and to be fair to the misses, she’s been as careful as it’s possible to be in the past two or three weeks, as she’s off to Germany today..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024