Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dartford fire 14:41 - Jul 19 with 3454 viewsN2_Blue

Looks horrendous. Really pray no one has been hurt.

[Post edited 19 Jul 2022 14:41]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Dartford fire on 14:46 - Jul 19 with 2584 viewsunbelievablue

Not good. I just looked out of my window in that direction and there's at least 2 separate fires, one looks to be in a relatively residential area, too.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Dartford fire on 14:49 - Jul 19 with 2530 viewsIllinoisblue

Christ alive, looks like a war zone. Damn

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Dartford fire on 14:50 - Jul 19 with 2518 viewsWestover

Looks very bad feel very sorry anyone living there hope they got away safely.
Dartford fire on 14:52 - Jul 19 with 2506 viewsunbelievablue

Dartford fire on 14:46 - Jul 19 by unbelievablue

Not good. I just looked out of my window in that direction and there's at least 2 separate fires, one looks to be in a relatively residential area, too.

Right next to the A2, blimey.

Dartford fire on 15:07 - Jul 19 with 2390 viewsBloomBlue

Dartford fire on 14:52 - Jul 19 by unbelievablue

Right next to the A2, blimey.

Dartford heath unfortunately gets hit with a fire most years invariably caused (they think) by discarded cigarettes/flicked out of a vehicle.
Dartford fire on 15:17 - Jul 19 with 2301 viewsgiant_stow

Sky now have a headline: Major incident declared across London after 'huge surge' in fires

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Dartford fire on 15:23 - Jul 19 with 2230 viewsN2_Blue

Dartford fire on 15:17 - Jul 19 by giant_stow

Sky now have a headline: Major incident declared across London after 'huge surge' in fires

Fire near me now in vicinity of RAF Northolt

Dartford fire on 15:26 - Jul 19 with 2208 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Dartford fire on 14:46 - Jul 19 by unbelievablue

I have a tendency to check several times whether I've locked the door, or closed a window. Today I'm continually assessing the garden and converted loft (like an oven) for signs of fire!
Login to get fewer ads

Dartford fire on 15:26 - Jul 19 with 2198 viewsgtsb1966

Dartford fire on 15:17 - Jul 19 by giant_stow

Let's hope and pray that some lowlife doesn't start them deliberately.
Dartford fire on 15:31 - Jul 19 with 2161 viewsunbelievablue

Dartford fire on 15:26 - Jul 19 by PrideOfTheEast

I have a tendency to check several times whether I've locked the door, or closed a window. Today I'm continually assessing the garden and converted loft (like an oven) for signs of fire!

Understandable. Some of the bit down by the river where I walk/run is a nature reserve (believe it or not)...it takes one half lit cigarette and we'll be evacuated, I'd imagine.

Dartford fire on 15:52 - Jul 19 with 2030 viewsElderGrizzly

Dartford is a mess too

My brother is firefighter in Cambridge and most of these ‘wildfires’ are sadly arson p and not accident. Their view is this would have been worse next week when kids are out of school

[Post edited 19 Jul 2022 15:53]
Dartford fire on 16:02 - Jul 19 with 1934 viewsitfc_bucks

I have a friend fighting it right now, says its the worst in the south of the country he's ever seen.
Dartford fire on 16:04 - Jul 19 with 1893 viewsLord_Lucan

Dartford fire on 16:02 - Jul 19 by itfc_bucks

I have a friend fighting it right now, says its the worst in the south of the country he's ever seen.

Best of luck to the bloke

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Dartford fire on 16:08 - Jul 19 with 1891 viewsitfcjoe

Dartford fire on 15:31 - Jul 19 by unbelievablue

Understandable. Some of the bit down by the river where I walk/run is a nature reserve (believe it or not)...it takes one half lit cigarette and we'll be evacuated, I'd imagine.

Living opposite Rushmere Heath isn't ideal on days like this - there was a big one there last week - also a decent sized one went up in Ravenswood last night on the fields there

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dartford fire on 16:14 - Jul 19 with 1849 viewsElderGrizzly

Dartford fire on 16:04 - Jul 19 by Lord_Lucan

Best of luck to the bloke

We shouldn’t worry though. It’s just so woke to do so

Dartford fire on 16:17 - Jul 19 with 1828 viewsjeera

Watching it on Sky News atm.

Awful stuff. Unclear how it started still but a few possibilities been mentioned.

Thankfully not mentioned any casualties and hopefully that'll remain the case.

Too soon to speculate on this incident but food for thought for the public offering a range of things to consider, such as compost heaps etc.

I don't personally have one atm but if I did that would have made me pop out there to dampen it down.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Dartford fire on 16:19 - Jul 19 with 1800 viewsunbelievablue

Dartford fire on 16:17 - Jul 19 by jeera

Watching it on Sky News atm.

Awful stuff. Unclear how it started still but a few possibilities been mentioned.

Thankfully not mentioned any casualties and hopefully that'll remain the case.

Too soon to speculate on this incident but food for thought for the public offering a range of things to consider, such as compost heaps etc.

I don't personally have one atm but if I did that would have made me pop out there to dampen it down.

Could be anything. Even a glass bottle left out in a park can be cause enough for a fire to start in heat like this.

Dartford fire on 16:23 - Jul 19 with 1764 viewsjeera

Dartford fire on 16:19 - Jul 19 by unbelievablue

Could be anything. Even a glass bottle left out in a park can be cause enough for a fire to start in heat like this.

Absolutely, but by even mentioning the bottle it may make someone think.

We don't always think of everything through so if one incident is avoided then that's something.

Dartford fire on 16:33 - Jul 19 with 1661 viewsSwansea_Blue

Dartford fire on 16:14 - Jul 19 by ElderGrizzly

Farage is such an ignorant blowhard. Why does the tarmac melt here but not in the Middle East? It's easy to find out you t***, with a quick internet searches (answer, because our roads are designed to standards suitable for OUR normal conditions, the Middle east to theirs. Normal being the key word).

He's surprised that people are staying out of the heat too. It'll blow his mind when he finds out some countries have siestas to avoid the hottest part of the day.

How on earth did we ever give this cretin any credence and the opportunity to contribute to the ruination of the UK?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Dartford fire on 16:37 - Jul 19 with 1637 viewsLord_Lucan

Dartford fire on 16:14 - Jul 19 by ElderGrizzly

Not sure what your point is to be honest

Many people were commentating how daft they felt the media were in having a meltdown (pun intended) and telling people to stay out of the sun and keep hydrated.

I don't think anyone suggested that GTSB wouldn't get sunstroke or that there might not be some fires. This one looks particularly nasty - and not a trivial nor point scoring matter IMHO

I'm not sure that more or less sensationalism on this heatwave would have altered this matter.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Dartford fire on 16:37 - Jul 19 with 1642 viewsN2_Blue

Dartford fire on 16:23 - Jul 19 by jeera

Absolutely, but by even mentioning the bottle it may make someone think.

We don't always think of everything through so if one incident is avoided then that's something.

Have you seen the amount of broken glass in the countryside, in parks, verges etc. If the weather gets hot enough there will always be fires whatever precautions are taken because that's all it needs, a bit of broken glass and hot, strong sunshine. To be honest I'm almost surprised there are not more fires, but if we have more days of these kind of temperatures then fire will be a big risk.

How many drivers have flicked cigarette butts out of their car windows today. I guarantee that will have started some of these fires too, so many start near roadsides, too much coincidence.

Dartford fire on 16:43 - Jul 19 with 1586 viewsjeera

Dartford fire on 16:33 - Jul 19 by Swansea_Blue

Farage is such an ignorant blowhard. Why does the tarmac melt here but not in the Middle East? It's easy to find out you t***, with a quick internet searches (answer, because our roads are designed to standards suitable for OUR normal conditions, the Middle east to theirs. Normal being the key word).

He's surprised that people are staying out of the heat too. It'll blow his mind when he finds out some countries have siestas to avoid the hottest part of the day.

How on earth did we ever give this cretin any credence and the opportunity to contribute to the ruination of the UK?

He hasn't got a clue about anything. He really is thick as sh1t.

Adam Hills was saying the other night how when it hits 40°C at home people tend to stay indoors. I've been to Aus and can confirm they don't take the hot weather lightly at all, as I'm sure the several residents on TWTD would agree. I have family in Aus and they say the same. Where does this ridiculous notion come from that regular folk who live in hot countries wander about in it outside all day like it's normal? They don't. They're not that stupid. What they have done is learnt to live with it which means treating the weather with some respect.

The other notable thing about that clip is much he bangs on about Strasburg. I didn't realise he was such a Francophile.

He certainly seems to like slagging off this country.

Dartford fire on 17:09 - Jul 19 with 1517 viewsjeera

Dartford fire on 16:37 - Jul 19 by N2_Blue

Have you seen the amount of broken glass in the countryside, in parks, verges etc. If the weather gets hot enough there will always be fires whatever precautions are taken because that's all it needs, a bit of broken glass and hot, strong sunshine. To be honest I'm almost surprised there are not more fires, but if we have more days of these kind of temperatures then fire will be a big risk.

How many drivers have flicked cigarette butts out of their car windows today. I guarantee that will have started some of these fires too, so many start near roadsides, too much coincidence.

Yes I am an adult with a car and everything. Of course I have.

I'm simply saying if anyone takes on board some advice/tips and makes them less thoughtless than usual it's better than nothing.

I've no idea how such a simple statement could draw so much controversy.

My actual point was the one about compost heaps you may have noticed which is not something we would all necessarily consider.

Dartford fire on 17:34 - Jul 19 with 1264 viewsSwansea_Blue

Dartford fire on 15:26 - Jul 19 by gtsb1966

Let's hope and pray that some lowlife doesn't start them deliberately.

The definitely will. Little scrotes around here are always starting them.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Dartford fire on 17:41 - Jul 19 with 1234 viewsjeera

Dartford fire on 17:34 - Jul 19 by Swansea_Blue

The definitely will. Little scrotes around here are always starting them.

A couple of contenders on this forum I reckon.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024