Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bring back Bonne 12:06 - Aug 2 with 3761 viewsjasondozzell

Bring back Bonne on 12:10 - Aug 2 with 3657 viewsSaigonTractor

If he did that for the whole season then sure.

But he didn't. Clearly doesn't work in McKenna's system.
Bring back Bonne on 13:30 - Aug 2 with 3129 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Bring back Bonne on 12:10 - Aug 2 by SaigonTractor

He had stopped scoring before McKenna arrived, and there have been references made to tragic personal circumstances.

It looks to me like ITFC is his preferred destination, but that he is ITFC's back up plan if we fail to land Hirst.
Bring back Bonne on 13:40 - Aug 2 with 3027 viewsibbleobble

Bring back Bonne on 12:10 - Aug 2 by SaigonTractor

Elaborate on McKenna’s “system”. I see this said a lot on here without any insight into why Bonne doesn’t fit.
Bring back Bonne on 13:51 - Aug 2 with 2928 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Bring back Bonne on 13:40 - Aug 2 by ibbleobble

Elaborate on McKenna’s “system”. I see this said a lot on here without any insight into why Bonne doesn’t fit.

Regardless of ‘system’ McK had ample chance to look at him last season and was probably selected to start the fewest amount of games out of him, Norwood, Piggott and probably Jackson (had he not got injured)

I really like Bonne and think he could certainly add something, but the manager didn’t wholly trust/use him when he was here so I’d be amazed if he chose to bring him back
Bring back Bonne on 13:55 - Aug 2 with 2899 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Bring back Bonne on 13:40 - Aug 2 by ibbleobble

I would have thought that Bonne's athletic qualities and up for a dogfight scrapability would have made him a good candidate for a three forward high press.
Bring back Bonne on 13:59 - Aug 2 with 2870 viewsBlueBoots

Bring back Bonne on 13:51 - Aug 2 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Regardless of ‘system’ McK had ample chance to look at him last season and was probably selected to start the fewest amount of games out of him, Norwood, Piggott and probably Jackson (had he not got injured)

I really like Bonne and think he could certainly add something, but the manager didn’t wholly trust/use him when he was here so I’d be amazed if he chose to bring him back

Bonne covered this in an interview...K McK told him he had 3 strikers under contract that he needed to take a good look at, so as a loanee he wouldn't get as many games. Absolutely nothing to do with the manager not trusting or rating him - in fact in the same interview Bonne mentioned that K McK told him the exact opposite...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Bring back Bonne on 14:05 - Aug 2 with 2818 viewsHipsterectomy

Bring back Bonne on 13:59 - Aug 2 by BlueBoots

Bonne covered this in an interview...K McK told him he had 3 strikers under contract that he needed to take a good look at, so as a loanee he wouldn't get as many games. Absolutely nothing to do with the manager not trusting or rating him - in fact in the same interview Bonne mentioned that K McK told him the exact opposite...

K Mac also bigged up Bakinson every chance he got, even arguing with Pearson when he said that Ipswich no longer wanted him. What he says to the players to keep them happy and what he (and Ashton) want are two different things. I doubt Ashton is sentimental enough to go all out for Bonne either with his record

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Bring back Bonne on 14:59 - Aug 2 with 2637 viewsJDB23

Bring back Bonne on 14:05 - Aug 2 by Hipsterectomy

K Mac also bigged up Bakinson every chance he got, even arguing with Pearson when he said that Ipswich no longer wanted him. What he says to the players to keep them happy and what he (and Ashton) want are two different things. I doubt Ashton is sentimental enough to go all out for Bonne either with his record

Tbf we had an option to buy Bakinson so it made more sense with him. Don’t understand why Penney never got a look in over Thompson though, especially with the latter being so limited in attack.
Login to get fewer ads

Bring back Bonne on 17:15 - Aug 2 with 2385 viewsJ2BLUE

Bring back Bonne on 14:05 - Aug 2 by Hipsterectomy

Where did he argue with Pearson? I've missed that.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bring back Bonne on 18:54 - Aug 2 with 2143 viewsSwansea_Blue

He couldn't have done worse than some of the efforts when we got through on Saturday. But it'll be what it'll be. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back, but don't really mind either way. In KM we trust and all that.

Despite his drought, I think he's a top player for this league.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bring back Bonne on 19:05 - Aug 2 with 2071 viewsFrimleyBlue

Bring back Bonne on 18:54 - Aug 2 by Swansea_Blue

He couldn't have done worse than some of the efforts when we got through on Saturday. But it'll be what it'll be. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back, but don't really mind either way. In KM we trust and all that.

Only thing that I could see different sat was when we broke up play and ladapo took a pot shot instead of playing in burns which I think bonne would have done.

Having said that tho. Bonne may have still been standing offside when the ball got to him

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Bring back Bonne on 06:52 - Aug 3 with 1778 viewsibbleobble

Bring back Bonne on 13:55 - Aug 2 by ArnoldMoorhen

I would have thought that Bonne's athletic qualities and up for a dogfight scrapability would have made him a good candidate for a three forward high press.

Agree. I thought after Bonne smashed one in against Gillingham he’d kick on last season under KM but his role and chances became a bit fragmented as KM seemed to look at players with more physical stature. Bonne is good in the air and equally if not a better finisher than Norwood and Pigott.

It’s a bit of a mystery to me. Other than some poorly timed runs he offers a lot. Great work rate, decent in the air, an opportunist around the box and an excellent finisher. KM is making a big mistake in my opinion. Chasing Hirst for a reported 2 million when Bonne is there at a fraction of that cost is lunacy.
Bring back Bonne on 07:07 - Aug 3 with 1748 viewstextbackup

Bring back Bonne on 18:54 - Aug 2 by Swansea_Blue

Let’s be honest, he’s a much better option than kayden fast runner jackson.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Bring back Bonne on 07:08 - Aug 3 with 1747 viewsChurchman

Bring back Bonne on 06:52 - Aug 3 by ibbleobble

Agree. I thought after Bonne smashed one in against Gillingham he’d kick on last season under KM but his role and chances became a bit fragmented as KM seemed to look at players with more physical stature. Bonne is good in the air and equally if not a better finisher than Norwood and Pigott.

It’s a bit of a mystery to me. Other than some poorly timed runs he offers a lot. Great work rate, decent in the air, an opportunist around the box and an excellent finisher. KM is making a big mistake in my opinion. Chasing Hirst for a reported 2 million when Bonne is there at a fraction of that cost is lunacy.

I like Bonne. He does appear to be a bit of a ‘streak’ player when it comes to goals but in the absence of anything better, I’d take him for another season.
Bring back Bonne on 07:16 - Aug 3 with 1715 viewsITFCed

Has he learnt the offside rule yet?

Poll: Who was the player of the tournament in your opinion?

Bring back Bonne on 14:08 - Aug 3 with 1471 viewsibbleobble

Bring back Bonne on 07:08 - Aug 3 by Churchman

I like Bonne. He does appear to be a bit of a ‘streak’ player when it comes to goals but in the absence of anything better, I’d take him for another season.

You’d like to think he’d temper his wage demands if he’s that passionate about playing here too given the statement that’s come out today.
Bring back Bonne on 14:43 - Aug 3 with 1399 viewsSTYG

Bring back Bonne on 07:07 - Aug 3 by textbackup

It's not about whether he's better than Jackson. It's whether he is better in McKenna's system.

Given Jackson scored three times as many as Bonne did under McKenna's half a season (and Jackson was ruled out of the latter part of the season or it would probably have been four or fives times as many), I'd say that question is answered.
Bring back Bonne on 14:52 - Aug 3 with 1370 viewsSTYG

Bring back Bonne on 06:52 - Aug 3 by ibbleobble

I'm not convinced that Bonne is a good finisher at all.

His stats suggest otherwise. Saw something yesterday showing that he missed 17 'big chances' for us last season. The ones you'd expect to score from.

When you add in that, of his 13, goals there were a few, like MK Dons, where he has no right to score from there, he's probably only scored about 8 out of 25 big chances, which is a terrible conversion rate for a striker at this level that would cost the fee and wages we'd need to sign him.

Appreciate that there were mitigating factors, but to miss 12 big chances (basically ones you've got a much better chance of scoring than missing) in succession really takes some doing not for half of them to still go in, let alone none.

He's clearly not a bad player but didn't see anything at all last season under McKenna to suggest he'd be remotely close to good enough in this system for anywhere close to what we'd have to pay him.

I'd be happy with him as a third option on third option money but ultimately we should be aiming for someone as good as or better than Ladapo, who I rate. Not someone to compete with Jackson as a backup.
Bring back Bonne on 15:39 - Aug 3 with 1286 viewsDinDjarin

He's really not.
Bring back Bonne on 18:53 - Aug 3 with 1120 viewsibbleobble

Bring back Bonne on 14:52 - Aug 3 by STYG

I'm not convinced that Bonne is a good finisher at all.

His stats suggest otherwise. Saw something yesterday showing that he missed 17 'big chances' for us last season. The ones you'd expect to score from.

When you add in that, of his 13, goals there were a few, like MK Dons, where he has no right to score from there, he's probably only scored about 8 out of 25 big chances, which is a terrible conversion rate for a striker at this level that would cost the fee and wages we'd need to sign him.

Appreciate that there were mitigating factors, but to miss 12 big chances (basically ones you've got a much better chance of scoring than missing) in succession really takes some doing not for half of them to still go in, let alone none.

He's clearly not a bad player but didn't see anything at all last season under McKenna to suggest he'd be remotely close to good enough in this system for anywhere close to what we'd have to pay him.

I'd be happy with him as a third option on third option money but ultimately we should be aiming for someone as good as or better than Ladapo, who I rate. Not someone to compete with Jackson as a backup.

80 goals in about 280 games is a goal every 3.5 games. It’s not prolific but if he’s notching 13 goals a season as another striking option amongst others, I’d take that over an unknown quantity to compliment Ladapo’s 1 in every 2.8 games or so.
Bring back Bonne on 18:56 - Aug 3 with 1100 viewsStokieBlue

Do you and Wally meet weekly to discuss your dislike of him?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024