Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine 15:16 - Aug 2 with 22595 viewsgiant_stow

and let Russia win their war (amongst other things, which I dare not mention):

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/02/jeremy-corbyn-urges-west-to-sto

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:33 - Aug 2 with 903 viewsJ2BLUE

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:30 - Aug 2 by The_Flashing_Smile

Like I say, I don't know the answers, that was just one off the top of my head. I don't know what MI5 or the FBI are capable of (although they have just taken out the head of the Taliban).

But clearly Corbyn isn't suggesting Ukraine just give up.

If he's not suggesting they give up and he is suggesting we stop sending them weapons, is he suggesting we leave their remaining forces to be quickly disposed off?

I'm genuinely asking, because as has been pointed out, the Russians are not going to turn around and go home.

Putin needs some sort of victory for to present to the Russians. They've lost up to 40,000 troops and a lot of equipment. What exactly is Corbyn suggesting? I can't square his words with what you are saying.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:34 - Aug 2 with 897 viewsgiant_stow

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:16 - Aug 2 by The_Flashing_Smile

As I've already said - your OP states he says "the west should abandon Ukraine and let Russia win their war." He's said neither of these things. So in what way are they not lies?

You're not "just being blunt" you are totally fabricating what he said.

You're a man of words Dolly - did you see quotation marks? I was paraphrasing with my own take on what he in affect said.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:35 - Aug 2 with 884 viewsgordon

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:32 - Aug 2 by unbelievablue

Sometimes I wonder if I'm really, really thick, and can't see what's obvious right in front of my eyes.

To get to de facto support of genocide in Ukraine from Corbyn's comments is...something.

I don't really follow - Russia has clearly stated that it's intention is to carry out complete genocide against Ukraine - the only thing preventing this is Ukraine's ability to defend itself, which is now entirely dependent on weapons being supplied by the west.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:36 - Aug 2 with 865 viewsJ2BLUE

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:35 - Aug 2 by gordon

I don't really follow - Russia has clearly stated that it's intention is to carry out complete genocide against Ukraine - the only thing preventing this is Ukraine's ability to defend itself, which is now entirely dependent on weapons being supplied by the west.

Exactly.

Truly impaired.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:36 - Aug 2 with 849 viewsunbelievablue

Yeah, all true.

BUT JC didn't say "stop giving them weapons and let Russia do what they want" in spite of what the OP is suggesting.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:37 - Aug 2 with 836 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:27 - Aug 2 by DanTheMan

That supposes that whoever takes over would not be equally onboard, as well as that directly supporting an assassination of a world leader would not cause an either bigger issue.

I get your point, as well as JCs, but I can't see a situation where Russia peace would not involve Ukraine losing part of its country.

Like I say, that was just one other potential solution off the top of my head, and I doubt that's what Corbyn's thinking anyway. Are there more sanctions that could be employed? Is there another way to starve Russia of resources so that the war becomes less and less viable?

I don't know. As I say, I think he's deluded here, but he's clearly NOT saying we should abandon Ukraine and let Russia win.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:38 - Aug 2 with 832 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:08 - Aug 2 by GlasgowBlue

It's relevant because it is from the same interview. A pacifist would call for all sides to lay down their arms surely.

Have we ever heard him call for Hamas and Hezbollah to do the same? He goes on these pro Assad and Iranian state TV shows and never once condemns their side.

He sickens me.

In fairness he did previously condemn the “violence on both sides” in Venezuela, when the Government was brutally beating down protesting citizens.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:38 - Aug 2 with 830 viewsgiant_stow

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:36 - Aug 2 by unbelievablue

Yeah, all true.

BUT JC didn't say "stop giving them weapons and let Russia do what they want" in spite of what the OP is suggesting.

There isn't a middle ground. If we stop supporting Ukraine with weapons, we let Russia do what it likes to Ukraine.

Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:39 - Aug 2 with 820 viewsMullet

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:32 - Aug 2 by unbelievablue

Sometimes I wonder if I'm really, really thick, and can't see what's obvious right in front of my eyes.

To get to de facto support of genocide in Ukraine from Corbyn's comments is...something.

No, although it's the logical (if dramatic) inference of following Corbyn's idealism without other factors here, it's probably not fair to match his soft-headedness as criticism.

Clearly this is clickbait for the Guardian and trying to keep the cultists onside I suspect. Asking JC is probably about as relevant as asking Arry Redknapp or Sharon Davies for their input.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:39 - Aug 2 with 818 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:30 - Aug 2 by gordon

Russia, Putin and various state mouthpieces have stated clearly, on multiple occasions, that their intention is to destroy Ukraine, erase Ukrainian identity, that they don't accept that Ukraine has the right to exist.

Jeremy Corbyn will know that - and he will be well aware that there is no possible diplomatic solution, given that - so if he says that we shouldn't provide arms to Ukraine, he's defacto supporting genocide in Ukraine.

What utter nonsense, and shame on your up-arrowers too. As if a pacifist would advocate genocide.

I'm done with this thread, it's just silly.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:40 - Aug 2 with 813 viewsgordon

Yeah, all true.

The only thing stopping Russia doing what it wants is weapons from the West.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:41 - Aug 2 with 811 viewsJ2BLUE

Yeah, all true.

“Pouring arms in isn’t going to bring about a solution, it’s only going to prolong and exaggerate this war,” Corbyn said. We might be in for years and years of a war in Ukraine.”

Corbyn gave the interview on Al Mayadeen, a Beirut-based TV channel that has carried pro-Russia reporting since Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine.

“What I find disappointing is that hardly any of the world’s leaders use the word peace; they always use the language of more war, and more bellicose war.”

No one is talking about Bournemouth winning the Premier League either because it simply isn't going to happen. Pretending an acceptable peace is an option is just stupid.

Either Ukraine completely rolls over and falls under Russia 'sphere of influence' or they fight. There is zero middle ground.

Truly impaired.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:41 - Aug 2 with 812 viewsunbelievablue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:38 - Aug 2 by giant_stow

There isn't a middle ground. If we stop supporting Ukraine with weapons, we let Russia do what it likes to Ukraine.

I've got to run, but my interpretation of what JC said is that he is (probably wrongly) suggesting we spend more time and energy looking at 'peace' via diplomacy than just continuing to send weapons in an attempt to defeat Russia militarily. Poorly worded maybe.

Again, probably the wrong strategy, but it is NOT the same as "stop arming them tomorrow and let Russia do what they want". If that is your interpretation of what he's suggesting, then fair enough - but that would be pretty mad.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:42 - Aug 2 with 800 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Yeah, all true.

Given that the Russians already committed genocide against Ukrainians in previously occupied territories, what does Corbyn think peace looks like?

There is no middle ground unfortunately- the Ukrainians are literally fighting for their lives. Perhaps we can send Corbyn over to Moscow for negotiations with Putin?
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:43 - Aug 2 with 790 viewsgordon

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:39 - Aug 2 by The_Flashing_Smile

What utter nonsense, and shame on your up-arrowers too. As if a pacifist would advocate genocide.

Which bit is nonsense?
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:43 - Aug 2 with 791 viewsJ2BLUE

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:39 - Aug 2 by The_Flashing_Smile

I think you would be looking at this completely differently if someone else had said it.

If we give him the huge benefit of the doubt, his words are still delusional.

Truly impaired.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:43 - Aug 2 with 778 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:34 - Aug 2 by giant_stow

You're a man of words Dolly - did you see quotation marks? I was paraphrasing with my own take on what he in affect said.

Lame, pathetic get out. You know exactly what you were doing. "Corbyn says..." doesn't need quotation marks for you to be suggesting that's what he said. You've already held your hands up to being a tinker so I'd stop digging if I were you.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:43 - Aug 2 with 780 viewsunbelievablue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:42 - Aug 2 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Given that the Russians already committed genocide against Ukrainians in previously occupied territories, what does Corbyn think peace looks like?

There is no middle ground unfortunately- the Ukrainians are literally fighting for their lives. Perhaps we can send Corbyn over to Moscow for negotiations with Putin?

Again, his strategy might be crap, but that's not the same as advocating genocide etc. as others have suggested.

EDIT - If I was interviewing him, I'd have responded with "Jeremey, are you advocating that we stop the flow of arms, training and money to the Ukrainian resistance immediately?"

Obviously he wouldn't say yes. That's not what he's suggesting. I don't like the bloke, but I think it's telling that the usual suspects are twisting what was there to suit their ideological perspective.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 16:45]

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:44 - Aug 2 with 762 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

But he's not suggesting stop sending weapons AND DO NOTHING ELSE.

FFS.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:45 - Aug 2 with 760 viewsnoggin

Lifelong anti war campaigner in speaking out against war shocker.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:46 - Aug 2 with 740 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:38 - Aug 2 by giant_stow

Of course there's a middle ground. He's suggesting other peaceful solutions, which would presumably come in BEFORE stopping sending weapons. Not a single person has suggested cut off the weapons supply and that's it.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:48 - Aug 2 with 712 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:41 - Aug 2 by unbelievablue

I've got to run, but my interpretation of what JC said is that he is (probably wrongly) suggesting we spend more time and energy looking at 'peace' via diplomacy than just continuing to send weapons in an attempt to defeat Russia militarily. Poorly worded maybe.

Again, probably the wrong strategy, but it is NOT the same as "stop arming them tomorrow and let Russia do what they want". If that is your interpretation of what he's suggesting, then fair enough - but that would be pretty mad.

Quite.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:48 - Aug 2 with 714 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:45 - Aug 2 by noggin

Lifelong anti war campaigner in speaking out against war shocker.

Surely everyone is against war? What is the point of his opinion?
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:49 - Aug 2 with 698 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:43 - Aug 2 by gordon

Which bit is nonsense?

Err, the bit where you said Corbyn advocates genocide. Obviously.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:50 - Aug 2 with 691 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:43 - Aug 2 by J2BLUE

I think you would be looking at this completely differently if someone else had said it.

If we give him the huge benefit of the doubt, his words are still delusional.

And I've said I think he's deluded.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024