Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine 15:16 - Aug 2 with 22597 viewsgiant_stow

and let Russia win their war (amongst other things, which I dare not mention):

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/02/jeremy-corbyn-urges-west-to-sto

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:51 - Aug 2 with 1117 viewsgiant_stow

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:41 - Aug 2 by unbelievablue

I've got to run, but my interpretation of what JC said is that he is (probably wrongly) suggesting we spend more time and energy looking at 'peace' via diplomacy than just continuing to send weapons in an attempt to defeat Russia militarily. Poorly worded maybe.

Again, probably the wrong strategy, but it is NOT the same as "stop arming them tomorrow and let Russia do what they want". If that is your interpretation of what he's suggesting, then fair enough - but that would be pretty mad.

Diplomacy never stopped - see the grain deal the other day. It just doesn't seem to be able to stop Russia attacking. The only thing that appears to be able to do that is Russian own losses caused by Ukrain fighting back... often with Western weapons.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:52 - Aug 2 with 1116 viewsJ2BLUE

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:50 - Aug 2 by The_Flashing_Smile

And I've said I think he's deluded.

Fair enough

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:55 - Aug 2 with 1073 viewsgordon

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:49 - Aug 2 by The_Flashing_Smile

Err, the bit where you said Corbyn advocates genocide. Obviously.

I said he was defacto supporting genocide, not advocating genocide.

He is advocating that we stop supplying arms to Ukraine, which is defacto supporting the genocide of the Ukrainian people.

I'm not taking a position on whether he understands that or not - I'd certainly hope that he doesn't, and its just his naive/stupid/blinkered/ideological etc approach.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:55 - Aug 2 with 1069 viewsnoggin

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:48 - Aug 2 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Surely everyone is against war? What is the point of his opinion?

Surely he's entitled to it. I don't agree with him (if that's what he is actually saying) but he's not going to sway the decision makers so it's all a bit irrelevant.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 17:03]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:55 - Aug 2 with 1066 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:50 - Aug 2 by The_Flashing_Smile

And I've said I think he's deluded.

Agreed.

6th form politics. I imagine his plan would be to invite Putin over to Islington for a cup of tea and a slice of cake.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:59 - Aug 2 with 1020 viewsjaykay

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:19 - Aug 2 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I’m sure Darth will be along to explain why this is out of context, and that the Guardian is a right-wing rag.

The problem with Jezza (as always) is that he’s not very bright, bless him.

you using g.b.s line of attack now. you have learnt well since you were a daveu look alike

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:00 - Aug 2 with 1025 viewsDarth_Koont

Top-quality thread. Make stuff up and then get annoyed about it.

Rent-free, guys. Rent-free.

Pronouns: He/Him

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:01 - Aug 2 with 1013 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:55 - Aug 2 by gordon

He is advocating that we stop supplying arms to Ukraine, which is defacto supporting the genocide of the Ukrainian people.

I'm not taking a position on whether he understands that or not - I'd certainly hope that he doesn't, and its just his naive/stupid/blinkered/ideological etc approach.

In the context of a peaceful resolution … jeez.

Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:03 - Aug 2 with 998 viewsgiant_stow

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:00 - Aug 2 by Darth_Koont

Top-quality thread. Make stuff up and then get annoyed about it.

Rent-free, guys. Rent-free.

?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:07 - Aug 2 with 973 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Semantics. Either way, he's obviously not supporting the genocide of anyone.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:10 - Aug 2 with 936 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:03 - Aug 2 by giant_stow

?

“Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine”.

Pathetic stuff.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:11 - Aug 2 with 933 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:51 - Aug 2 by giant_stow

Diplomacy never stopped - see the grain deal the other day. It just doesn't seem to be able to stop Russia attacking. The only thing that appears to be able to do that is Russian own losses caused by Ukrain fighting back... often with Western weapons.

He hasn't even suggested diplomacy is the answer. I don't know what he's thinking but it could be in the form of more sanctions, or perhaps other ways Russia can be hamstrung. Who knows? He's merely suggesting just keeping pouring weapons in isn't necessarily the only answer.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:11 - Aug 2 with 929 viewsJakeITFC

He's advocating peace.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:12 - Aug 2 with 923 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:10 - Aug 2 by Darth_Koont

Pathetic stuff.

Ah but Ulla didn't actually put it in quotes, so he has a get out right there!

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:14 - Aug 2 with 906 viewsXYZ

Having read this thread, I can't decide which side you were trolling.

Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage have always been much cosier with Putin than Corbyn has, of course.

We need a "Lord Lebedev" poster.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:16 - Aug 2 with 891 viewsnoggin

Let's not forget, young innocent Russian men are also being killed. They and their families have no say in this war. Seems they're fair game though, from reading this thread.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:19 - Aug 2 with 849 viewsJ2BLUE

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:16 - Aug 2 by noggin

Let's not forget, young innocent Russian men are also being killed. They and their families have no say in this war. Seems they're fair game though, from reading this thread.

No one wants to see innocent Russian soldiers killed on the whim of a madman but Russia are the aggressor and they are part of the Russian army. So reluctantly, yes, they are fair game if it saves Ukrainian lives IMO.

In an ideal world they would go home to their families and we would all live in peace. There's no pleasure when hearing Russia have lost tens of thousands of soldiers, the vast majority of which probably didn't want to be there.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:20 - Aug 2 with 850 viewsEireannach_gorm

This narrative is similar to the other pacifying suggestion to ending the war in Ukraine which is to just give Putin the land that he wants ( whatever that is? ). While it would be nice if negotiations took place regarding this there seems to be a bit of an issue with Russian honesty and abiding with any agreement. I would suggest that to believe that an agreed settlement can be arrived at in this conflict is similar to believing in Santa Claus and Unicorns.

The President of Ireland's wife has written to the papers with not too dissimilar views which have not gone down well here. You know you are on the wrong side when the Russian ambassador to Ireland ( who has form on telling lies ) is bigging up your comments.

https://www.thejournal.ie/sabina-higgins-letter-russia-ukraine-5830928-Aug2022/

While peace is the aim of these views and I'm sure the Ukrainian people would wish an end to this horror, I don't believe that rewarding aggression is sustainable in the long run. Do people actually believe that the Ukrainians will just hand over their country and go back about their business? Being generous I would regard these utterings as naive in the extreme.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:22 - Aug 2 with 824 viewsgordon

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:11 - Aug 2 by JakeITFC

He's advocating peace.

The objective of the Russian invasion is the eradication of Ukraine (genocide) - Ukrainians are clear that they do not want to be eradicated, so there are two choices for everyone else - do everything we can to prevent this, or allow it to happen.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:26 - Aug 2 with 791 viewsgordon

Of course they are 'fair game'. They are invading a sovereign country and murdering, raping and violating civilians and children in horrific ways.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:27 - Aug 2 with 784 viewsnoggin

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:22 - Aug 2 by gordon

The objective of the Russian invasion is the eradication of Ukraine (genocide) - Ukrainians are clear that they do not want to be eradicated, so there are two choices for everyone else - do everything we can to prevent this, or allow it to happen.

Where have you read that? (First sentence)
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 17:28]

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:27 - Aug 2 with 775 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:22 - Aug 2 by gordon

The other point to bear in mind is Putin has also said that the Baltic states should not exist, and should be part of Russia. He has no intention of peace.

They will be next for the ‘Special Operation’ treatment if the West hangs out Ukraine to dry.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:30 - Aug 2 with 754 viewsnoggin

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:14 - Aug 2 by XYZ

Having read this thread, I can't decide which side you were trolling.

Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage have always been much cosier with Putin than Corbyn has, of course.

We need a "Lord Lebedev" poster.

Yeah but (irrelevant) Corbyn

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:31 - Aug 2 with 752 viewsgiant_stow

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:10 - Aug 2 by Darth_Koont

Pathetic stuff.

Oh, you just disagree. Fair enough.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 17:33 - Aug 2 with 745 viewsgiant_stow

What a silly thing to say. They're amongst the worst affected: often conscripts, often only there because they're poor and apparently never told the truth by their seniors.

But does any of that mean Ukraine shouldn't try and fight back?!!
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 17:33]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024