Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very very minor point 13:05 - Aug 5 with 1695 viewsFrimleyBlue

But just seen that these new digital boards only go round 3 camera facing sides.

Not visiting stadiums to see it.. is that the norm or are we just saving a bit of wasted cash.

It doesn't matter in the slightest. Just intrigued if those stadiums you see on TV only actually have digital boards around 3 sides of the stadium.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 13:09]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Very very minor point on 13:11 - Aug 5 with 1625 viewsMetal_Hacker

Yeah they all do it but aft half time to helps those that can't see the boards they are wheeled out to a massive hall where they are given VR headsets to catch up on what they've missed

Works a treat

Poll: If it were one or the other

Very very minor point on 13:12 - Aug 5 with 1622 viewsJon_456

They’re mostly designed for TV so 99% of clubs go for 3 sides.

Man City only have 3 so I don’t think it’s a case of cost saving.
Very very minor point on 13:29 - Aug 5 with 1553 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Very very minor point on 13:12 - Aug 5 by Jon_456

Although they do have two on at least one side to give the impression of a bigger advertising board. I find theirs really distracting.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Very very minor point on 13:31 - Aug 5 with 1530 viewsFrimleyBlue

Very very minor point on 13:29 - Aug 5 by SlippinJimmyJuan

Although they do have two on at least one side to give the impression of a bigger advertising board. I find theirs really distracting.

Must admit seeing towns I thought blimey alot smaller than man cities. Not a bad thing. In person the man City ones must really be distracting

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Very very minor point on 13:36 - Aug 5 with 1503 viewsStrimmer

I'm only just getting to grips with the adverts just off the pitch beyond the byline that are stretched to be the correct perspective for the TV cameras, so appear distorted to the naked eye.

Poll: Was it a punch?

Very very minor point on 13:45 - Aug 5 with 1456 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Some are 3 sided, some are four.

It's not really about TV facing in our case, more likely two things, the low level of the front row in the Magnus/East/Co-Op and the photographers pits that are on that side.

A lot of sides need to adopt this.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Very very minor point on 14:10 - Aug 5 with 1350 viewsN2_Blue

I didn't even notice the electronic advertising boards around the stadium last Saturday until someone pointed them out.

Are people really that bothered by them? I actually think i notice the old style display boards with white backgrounds more than these digital display boards

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Very very minor point on 14:13 - Aug 5 with 1346 viewsNthQldITFC

I genuinely have some kind of psychological allergy/repulsion to all forms of advertising, so I'm looking for a seat in the Cobbold and to buy a massive pair of blinkers to block out the North and South Stand ends. Trouble is, I never know where I can buy things like blinkers. If only the manufacturers could find a way to let people know!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

Very very minor point on 14:38 - Aug 5 with 1252 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Very very minor point on 14:10 - Aug 5 by N2_Blue

I didn't even notice the electronic advertising boards around the stadium last Saturday until someone pointed them out.

Are people really that bothered by them? I actually think i notice the old style display boards with white backgrounds more than these digital display boards

Yeah, but you can get more money from the digital boards as you can change them for targeted promotions without needing to get a sign writer in.

Very very minor point on 14:59 - Aug 5 with 1213 viewsFixed_It

Very very minor point on 13:45 - Aug 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

Some are 3 sided, some are four.

It's not really about TV facing in our case, more likely two things, the low level of the front row in the Magnus/East/Co-Op and the photographers pits that are on that side.

A lot of sides need to adopt this.

I thought we are doing away with the photograher pits - or is that part of next season's pitch upgrades?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Very very minor point on 15:20 - Aug 5 with 1173 viewsZx1988

Very very minor point on 14:38 - Aug 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

Yeah, but you can get more money from the digital boards as you can change them for targeted promotions without needing to get a sign writer in.

I'm pretty sure that I've seen some boards that are set up in such a way that different adverts can be shown on them depending on which broadcaster is showing the game.

I think it was an England match where the usual long-distance angle showed adverts for English companies, but when you saw a close-up, or anything not involving the main cameras, you could see that the board were actually showing adverts in the local language.

Probably not a consideration for ITFC just yet, but an interesting observation.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Very very minor point on 15:21 - Aug 5 with 1172 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Very very minor point on 14:59 - Aug 5 by Fixed_It

I thought we are doing away with the photograher pits - or is that part of next season's pitch upgrades?

Think it'll have to be as part of the next steps, but to be honest, they're always flooded anyway. The big problem with Portman Road now is where the snappers go.

We always used to be able to sit in-between the advertising hoardings, at the end of one and the beginning of another, but wit the digital boards that's impossible, and there isn't room the other side of the boards.

Photographers might end up having to go side on, along the touchline. They put us in the same place at Stamford Bridge, except they also put us right in front of the wheelchair users, so you can tell how that goes.

Very very minor point on 16:33 - Aug 5 with 1058 viewshomer_123

Very very minor point on 14:13 - Aug 5 by NthQldITFC

I genuinely have some kind of psychological allergy/repulsion to all forms of advertising, so I'm looking for a seat in the Cobbold and to buy a massive pair of blinkers to block out the North and South Stand ends. Trouble is, I never know where I can buy things like blinkers. If only the manufacturers could find a way to let people know!

Blinkers you say. Every football fan has these as standard...didn't you know?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Very very minor point on 16:58 - Aug 5 with 996 viewsMark

Very very minor point on 14:10 - Aug 5 by N2_Blue

I am bothered by them. Perhaps the ones at Portman Road in the sunshine were not too bad, but on TV I have seen bright double-stacked adverts appearing taller than the linesman, and even adverts with an animated ball rolling along the side of the pitch. I read in Germany a player in red accidentally passed to an animated Father Christmas.

Fans pay a lot of money to go to football and to buy Sky, BT and Amazon Prime subscriptions and shouldn't have to watch adverts when the match is in play in my opinion.
Very very minor point on 17:06 - Aug 5 with 979 viewsStu_Magoo

Very very minor point on 15:20 - Aug 5 by Zx1988

I'm pretty sure that I've seen some boards that are set up in such a way that different adverts can be shown on them depending on which broadcaster is showing the game.

I think it was an England match where the usual long-distance angle showed adverts for English companies, but when you saw a close-up, or anything not involving the main cameras, you could see that the board were actually showing adverts in the local language.

Probably not a consideration for ITFC just yet, but an interesting observation.

I'm unsure if this is true - so might be about to get a huge whoosh - but I was in the pub last summer and one of my mate's old uni friends said he worked for a company who "run the digital hoardings for BeIn Sports"

Apparently they use computer trickery to make the digital boards show advertisers by sponsorship/region. For example Kuwait wouldn't see a lager company or bookies being shown but instead have one of the local sponsors superimposed.

I once had someone try and convince me he was a dolphin trainer at the Atlantis in Dubai too, so maybe I just look gullible!

* edit - hoardings not holdings...
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 17:08]
Very very minor point on 18:00 - Aug 5 with 914 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Very very minor point on 16:58 - Aug 5 by Mark

I am bothered by them. Perhaps the ones at Portman Road in the sunshine were not too bad, but on TV I have seen bright double-stacked adverts appearing taller than the linesman, and even adverts with an animated ball rolling along the side of the pitch. I read in Germany a player in red accidentally passed to an animated Father Christmas.

Fans pay a lot of money to go to football and to buy Sky, BT and Amazon Prime subscriptions and shouldn't have to watch adverts when the match is in play in my opinion.

In 15 years of working in football grounds from Champions League to Non-League I have never seen advertising boards taller than the linesman. Yes, there are some grounds where the boards are very high. Notably Leicester City, but they play in an identikit stadium where the first row of seats is significantly higher than in a stadium like ours.

Your father Christmas in Germany is actually this piece of footage.

It wasn't played to 'Father Christmas' the fact he was there was coincidental, it was just a poorly hit pass.

Stewards on the other hand should definitely not wear fluorescent jackets.

I really don't understand your thinking on fans buying tickets or Sky or BTSport and so "Shouldn't have to watch adverts when the match is in play"

a) Learn to prioritise what you are watching,
b) If you paid an extra £15 a ticket or £30 a month extra for sky sports to replace that lost revenue you wouldn't be happy, but thats literally what the clubs would have to do to replace their revenue.

Very very minor point on 18:43 - Aug 5 with 850 viewsJon_456

Very very minor point on 18:00 - Aug 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

In 15 years of working in football grounds from Champions League to Non-League I have never seen advertising boards taller than the linesman. Yes, there are some grounds where the boards are very high. Notably Leicester City, but they play in an identikit stadium where the first row of seats is significantly higher than in a stadium like ours.

Your father Christmas in Germany is actually this piece of footage.

It wasn't played to 'Father Christmas' the fact he was there was coincidental, it was just a poorly hit pass.

Stewards on the other hand should definitely not wear fluorescent jackets.

I really don't understand your thinking on fans buying tickets or Sky or BTSport and so "Shouldn't have to watch adverts when the match is in play"

a) Learn to prioritise what you are watching,
b) If you paid an extra £15 a ticket or £30 a month extra for sky sports to replace that lost revenue you wouldn't be happy, but thats literally what the clubs would have to do to replace their revenue.

In fairness the Man City ones do look that way because they’ve placed two boards one behind the other, so from the tv camera angle it seamlessly looks like one big board.
Very very minor point on 19:40 - Aug 5 with 768 viewsStewart27

Very very minor point on 13:12 - Aug 5 by Jon_456

Let’s hope for an FA cup first round replay v Stowmarket on tv.

Those boards will pay for themselves.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024