Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What’s wrong with Wes? 13:51 - Sep 18 with 2598 viewsringwoodblue

Wes was outstanding last season and guaranteed one of the first names on the team sheet.

However this season he’s been very mediocre, is not scoring goals and was partly at fault for both the Wed goals yesterday.

What’s going on with him, do we think? Is it just a dip in form or is he distracted by the international call-ups?

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

What’s wrong with Wes? on 13:54 - Sep 18 with 2571 viewsjeera

Don't start guessing with stuff like his head being turned etc. You know people will latch onto that and spread it.

There was an over-reliance on him last year and we have a better side this year, more balanced.

It's natural he won't stand out as much.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What’s wrong with Wes? on 14:00 - Sep 18 with 2509 viewsFtnfwest

Didn’t get a rest in the summer
What’s wrong with Wes? on 14:11 - Sep 18 with 2465 viewsbluefunk

And teams are setting up to stop him with 2/3/4 players
What’s wrong with Wes? on 16:01 - Sep 18 with 2316 viewsDavoIPB

They all set up to nullify his threat. He was against a very good left back yesterday.

We use the distraction of Wes to get Davis space. We are also using Wes defensively. It's not really his game
What’s wrong with Wes? on 17:06 - Sep 18 with 2110 viewsDJR

Last season Burns and Morsy were our standout non-defenders, but this season we have quality in all positions, so they don't stand out so much.
What’s wrong with Wes? on 17:18 - Sep 18 with 2068 viewsIllinoisblue

That difficult second album. Looks a way off it. Partly because he looked so good last year.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What’s wrong with Wes? on 17:21 - Sep 18 with 2053 viewsjeera

What’s wrong with Wes? on 13:54 - Sep 18 by jeera

Don't start guessing with stuff like his head being turned etc. You know people will latch onto that and spread it.

There was an over-reliance on him last year and we have a better side this year, more balanced.

It's natural he won't stand out as much.

Clearly ibbleobble doesn't rate Burns.

We all have our opinions I know.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What’s wrong with Wes? on 17:23 - Sep 18 with 2040 viewsMullet

By the standard of that ref he was fouled for the goal. Also every time he gets the ball people in the crowd seem to expect him to score.

We've got far better outlets up top hence why the 10's are stealing the limelight and he and Ladapo are getting all the attention from defenders and certain fans alike.

He's not been terrible much, but looks like he needs a rest to me. The fact McKenna keeps picking him speaks volumes though because if you don't do what's asked of you, you don't play.

Mark of a good manager that too.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

What’s wrong with Wes? on 17:24 - Sep 18 with 2029 viewsbringbacktheglory

I love Wes and towards the end of the season he was unplayable but there were many games early on in the season where he contributed very little. He’s a huge asset and should be the first name on the team sheet because of what he can bring but he will have quiet games. On his day, there cannot be a better winger/wingback in this league. His pace (along with the ability to control the ball) is something we have craved for years.
What’s wrong with Wes? on 17:27 - Sep 18 with 1996 viewsGlasgowBlue

What’s wrong with Wes? on 14:11 - Sep 18 by bluefunk

And teams are setting up to stop him with 2/3/4 players

That’s not happening at the moment. Managers are watching us in the now, not based in how we played last season.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

What’s wrong with Wes? on 17:31 - Sep 18 with 1979 viewsLeoMuff

I agree that not having a proper summer rest has probably had an impact, but also the fact teams are well aware of his threat and are doubling and tripling up on him, however I agree 1 on 1 we have only seen flashes of how good he can be.

That being said on my calculations if you extrapolate his form over a whole season he would be getting 6 goals and 12 assists which isn’t too shabby.

I’m pretty sure he will get a rest sometime soon as he definitely looks jaded by his high standards

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

What’s wrong with Wes? on 17:31 - Sep 18 with 1977 viewsFixed_It

What’s wrong with Wes? on 17:23 - Sep 18 by Mullet

By the standard of that ref he was fouled for the goal. Also every time he gets the ball people in the crowd seem to expect him to score.

We've got far better outlets up top hence why the 10's are stealing the limelight and he and Ladapo are getting all the attention from defenders and certain fans alike.

He's not been terrible much, but looks like he needs a rest to me. The fact McKenna keeps picking him speaks volumes though because if you don't do what's asked of you, you don't play.

Mark of a good manager that too.

Glad that I wasn't the only one to spot that he was fouled in the lead up to their second goal.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

What’s wrong with Wes? on 17:35 - Sep 18 with 1950 viewsibbleobble

What’s wrong with Wes? on 17:21 - Sep 18 by jeera

Clearly ibbleobble doesn't rate Burns.

We all have our opinions I know.

I’m sure you know what you’re referring to but I don’t.

Burns is one of the best talents in our squad but to say that he was carrying the can last season and is disappearing amongst a more talented squad now is wide of the mark in my view. He had an excellent season but this season looks little jaded. Agree with Mullet, maybe it’s time for a few weeks out and for KVY to get a run. KVY has the ability to hit the ground running and displace Burns though but that’s a great dilemma to have.
What’s wrong with Wes? on 19:58 - Sep 18 with 1745 viewsFrimleyBlue

Think our style this season just doesn't work in favour of Burns this season.

We have a balanced side. Lots of our attacks now come from the left, and burns isn't really being played in as much as last season.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

What’s wrong with Wes? on 20:03 - Sep 18 with 1714 viewsjas0999

His summer resulted in playing football rather than rest. He was a stand out last year, but we have better players this. He has on the whole been solid.
What’s wrong with Wes? on 20:47 - Sep 18 with 1574 viewsArnieM

Not be surprised by his form tbh. He’s not had a break this summer, and to maintain those high standards he set last season had made him a marked man. The second season was always going to be a tough call in my view, but he’s not had a chance to re charge his batteries over the summer. He needs a break but what goes he get ? A Welsh squad call up.?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

What’s wrong with Wes? on 21:01 - Sep 18 with 1465 viewsBigCommon

I think it's a combination of reasons.
Probably getting marked tighter. Didn't get much rest pre season. Plus people expecting him to replicate or better, what he did last year. Is a big ask.
He's still one of the first names on the team sheet for me. Even a Burns at 80%, is still an upgrade on anyone else, in that role.. Just my op'.
What’s wrong with Wes? on 21:05 - Sep 18 with 1444 viewsnorfsufblue

What’s wrong with Wes? on 20:47 - Sep 18 by ArnieM

Not be surprised by his form tbh. He’s not had a break this summer, and to maintain those high standards he set last season had made him a marked man. The second season was always going to be a tough call in my view, but he’s not had a chance to re charge his batteries over the summer. He needs a break but what goes he get ? A Welsh squad call up.?

Can't be doing too bad then
What’s wrong with Wes? on 21:20 - Sep 18 with 1361 viewsBloomBlue

Saving his energy for the world Cup, I don't blame him this might be his one and only chance to play in a major international tournament
What’s wrong with Wes? on 08:20 - Sep 19 with 1034 viewsArnieM

What’s wrong with Wes? on 21:05 - Sep 18 by norfsufblue

Can't be doing too bad then

Not sure about that tbh. I don’t think he’s at last seasons level of performance that he achieved for us. Do you?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024