Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who would you say is the ultimate unsung Ipswich Hero - my vote Jermaine Wright 13:28 - Oct 10 with 3972 viewsStuartSlater

any other takers for this title mick stockwell perhaps - mark venus

Poll: Craig Bellamy - Bell end or Misunderstood

Who would you say is the ultimate unsung Ipswich Hero - my vote Jermaine Wright on 21:34 - Oct 10 with 576 viewsbungaytractor

Who would you say is the ultimate unsung Ipswich Hero - my vote Jermaine Wright on 20:54 - Oct 10 by chicoazul

The most important man in Ipswich history.
My second choice is another John. John Lyall.

Very funny man but bent as a nine pound note wasnt he.....
Who would you say is the ultimate unsung Ipswich Hero - my vote Jermaine Wright on 23:35 - Oct 10 with 508 viewsChurchman

Who would you say is the ultimate unsung Ipswich Hero - my vote Jermaine Wright on 21:34 - Oct 10 by bungaytractor

Very funny man but bent as a nine pound note wasnt he.....

Not to my knowledge. Just a very fine Manager and a good bloke too. My dad used to spend a little time watching them train with former Chief Scout Ron Gray, who he knew and had not long retired.

He reckoned Lyall was first rate and really had respect of the players. My dad remembers one session where one of the Centre Halves kept going up to head the ball. After a while, Lyall called him over and told him that if he saw him shut his eyes when heading a ball one more time, he’d never play for the club again. The player knew he meant it.

John Lyall: nice man with an iron fist in a velvet glove and an attention to detail. I wish he’d come to the club a few years earlier when he was a little younger. He was perfectly suited to ITFC.
Who would you say is the ultimate unsung Ipswich Hero - my vote Jermaine Wright on 06:55 - Oct 11 with 461 viewsLord_Lucan

Who would you say is the ultimate unsung Ipswich Hero - my vote Jermaine Wright on 14:08 - Oct 10 by jontysnut

Don't know if he counts as unsung but underrated might be Steve McCall

Was about to say the same.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Who would you say is the ultimate unsung Ipswich Hero - my vote Jermaine Wright on 07:38 - Oct 11 with 422 viewsElephantintheRoom

Danny Hegan without a shadow of doubt. By far the most skilful player ever to play for Town. Sold for 80% of the national record transfer fee - so also by far Town’s most valuable player. But rarely featured in any polls

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Who would you say is the ultimate unsung Ipswich Hero - my vote Jermaine Wright on 08:08 - Oct 11 with 407 viewsurbanblue

David Geddis ... able cover for Trevor Whymark and provided THAT cross.
Who would you say is the ultimate unsung Ipswich Hero - my vote Jermaine Wright on 08:42 - Oct 11 with 395 viewsGarv

Who would you say is the ultimate unsung Ipswich Hero - my vote Jermaine Wright on 17:17 - Oct 10 by hoppy

Where did I compare them, apart from mentioning them both in the same post? I wasn’t making similarities about the way they played, as obviously they were very different, just how they both fitted the remit of the OP.

You did forget to qualify the post with 'and I'm not comparing them...' , which is apparently always needed when mentioning two people in the same conversation now.

For what it's worth I'm fully onboard with the Miller shout, less so Skuse. My issue with him was that he was guaranteed a place in the side when fit no matter what, irrespective of how blunt we were at times and how little we created and scored from midfield.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Who would you say is the ultimate unsung Ipswich Hero - my vote Jermaine Wright on 08:58 - Oct 11 with 388 viewsChurchman

Who would you say is the ultimate unsung Ipswich Hero - my vote Jermaine Wright on 08:08 - Oct 11 by urbanblue

David Geddis ... able cover for Trevor Whymark and provided THAT cross.

Actually, thinking of the 78 team, Clive Woods might be a good shout.

MOTM in that game, he also scored one of the best ITFC goals ever in 75 against Leeds. Good player.
Who would you say is the ultimate unsung Ipswich Hero - my vote Jermaine Wright on 10:36 - Oct 11 with 360 viewschicoazul

Who would you say is the ultimate unsung Ipswich Hero - my vote Jermaine Wright on 23:35 - Oct 10 by Churchman

Not to my knowledge. Just a very fine Manager and a good bloke too. My dad used to spend a little time watching them train with former Chief Scout Ron Gray, who he knew and had not long retired.

He reckoned Lyall was first rate and really had respect of the players. My dad remembers one session where one of the Centre Halves kept going up to head the ball. After a while, Lyall called him over and told him that if he saw him shut his eyes when heading a ball one more time, he’d never play for the club again. The player knew he meant it.

John Lyall: nice man with an iron fist in a velvet glove and an attention to detail. I wish he’d come to the club a few years earlier when he was a little younger. He was perfectly suited to ITFC.

I believe he means John Cobbold, who was almost certainly gay yes.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024