Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Mordant becomes PM and Sunak chancellor 13:49 - Oct 14 with 1407 viewsgtsb1966

Would the tories win the next election. Stranger things have happened and I can see the people being taken in unfortunately.
If Mordant becomes PM and Sunak chancellor on 13:51 - Oct 14 with 1378 viewsBlueNomad

No. The whole miserable crew are tainted by years of appalling governance.
Hunt is chancellor (n/t) on 13:51 - Oct 14 with 1374 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

If Mordant becomes PM and Sunak chancellor on 13:58 - Oct 14 with 1336 viewsBloomBlue

I don't think Truss will go and allow another PM, I think if backbenchers try to push her out she'll call a GE.
We'll I think that will be what she threaten, ie you kick me out and I'll call a GE.
That then gives them the difficult decision as they want to kick her out because they're worried about retaining their seats and if she does call a GE they know their seats are in danger. Nothing they can do to stop her calling a GE as she's the PM.
Hunt is chancellor (n/t) on 14:00 - Oct 14 with 1317 viewsTrequartista

Hunt is chancellor (n/t) on 13:51 - Oct 14 by Bloots

For today.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

If Mordant becomes PM and Sunak chancellor on 14:04 - Oct 14 with 1287 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Nope.

Governments run through cycles and they on the final spin. Public has had enough now.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Hunt is chancellor (n/t) on 14:05 - Oct 14 with 1274 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Hunt is chancellor (n/t) on 13:51 - Oct 14 by Bloots

Jeremy? Tom? or Massive?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

If Mordant becomes PM and Sunak chancellor on 14:14 - Oct 14 with 1204 viewsChurchman

No chance. They’re done for a generation. It might mean they retain 150 seats as opposed to 100.
If Mordant becomes PM and Sunak chancellor on 14:17 - Oct 14 with 1181 viewsMookamoo

It is their only play left if they do really think they could win the next election. It would involve a change of leadership rules, plus then dismissing the view of their core support who voted for her, so in putting in Mordant/Sunak they will produce a different set of problems. They knew a while ago they were done for so this can't be a serious consideration.

They let Truss in knowing she would fail and ready themselves for opposition, hoping to limit Labour to a single term. I don't think they calculated just how badly she would manage things and destroy the Tory fiscal reputation.
Login to get fewer ads

If Mordant becomes PM and Sunak chancellor on 14:20 - Oct 14 with 1169 viewsclive_baker

They're toast.

The Tory proposition is a dead duck, I actually don't think there's anyone on the planet they could make PM that would win them an election at this stage.

Even David Attenborough.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If Mordant becomes PM and Sunak chancellor on 15:01 - Oct 14 with 1089 viewsJ2BLUE

If Mordant becomes PM and Sunak chancellor on 14:20 - Oct 14 by clive_baker

They're toast.

The Tory proposition is a dead duck, I actually don't think there's anyone on the planet they could make PM that would win them an election at this stage.

Even David Attenborough.

Boris?

Imagine it's 2025 and Prime Minister Boris Johnson is meeting President Trump...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If Mordant becomes PM and Sunak chancellor on 15:11 - Oct 14 with 1049 viewsjeera

If Mordant becomes PM and Sunak chancellor on 15:01 - Oct 14 by J2BLUE

Boris?

Imagine it's 2025 and Prime Minister Boris Johnson is meeting President Trump...

I would emigrate but in truth there's not many places I could afford to that aren't currently under water.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If Mordant becomes PM and Sunak chancellor on 15:26 - Oct 14 with 1000 viewsTractorFactor

I'm so angry at these idiots and the muppets in the Tory party who voted them in. Sunak was so clearly the right person for the job to lead things through one of the most challenging global economic periods we have had for generations, but instead these charlatans were chosen. God its so depressing.
If Mordant becomes PM and Sunak chancellor on 15:27 - Oct 14 with 996 viewsNthQldITFC

If Mordant becomes PM and Sunak chancellor on 13:58 - Oct 14 by BloomBlue

I don't think Truss will go and allow another PM, I think if backbenchers try to push her out she'll call a GE.
We'll I think that will be what she threaten, ie you kick me out and I'll call a GE.
That then gives them the difficult decision as they want to kick her out because they're worried about retaining their seats and if she does call a GE they know their seats are in danger. Nothing they can do to stop her calling a GE as she's the PM.

I hope you're right, but I fear you're not.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

If Mordant becomes PM and Sunak chancellor on 16:38 - Oct 14 with 913 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

It’s Labour’s election to lose now. Only a bacon sandwich, or Monentum style coup against Starmer can put that in doubt.
If Mordant becomes PM and Sunak chancellor on 16:41 - Oct 14 with 904 viewstractordownsouth

It might give them a vaguely respectable defeat (like Corbyn in 2017) but I doubt things will turn around that massively.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

If Mordant becomes PM and Sunak chancellor on 16:42 - Oct 14 with 900 viewsRob88

If Mordant becomes PM and Sunak chancellor on 16:38 - Oct 14 by SuperKieranMcKenna

It’s Labour’s election to lose now. Only a bacon sandwich, or Monentum style coup against Starmer can put that in doubt.

They just need some policies now.
If Mordant becomes PM and Sunak chancellor on 16:48 - Oct 14 with 885 viewsazuremerlangus

Jimmy Krankie now calling for a GE…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-scotland-63256541

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024