Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick 13:14 - Oct 18 with 2601 viewsWallingford_Boy

Get in!

Will be the smallest ground ever for Ipswich in a 1st team game surely?

RIP Sir Bobby

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:16 - Oct 18 with 1990 viewsWallingford_Boy

And ZERO away tickets available, just on general sale to all fans.

RIP Sir Bobby

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:24 - Oct 18 with 1923 viewswaveneyblue

For what its worth, this is 100% the right decision.

Its all part of the FA Cup "dream" getting drawn against a big club at home and on this occasion, we are definitely in the top 3 biggest they could get.

Always felt it was a bit of an anti-climax when ties were moved or swapped around.

Just a bit nervous that it might be on TV .......
Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:38 - Oct 18 with 1828 viewsPhilTWTD

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:24 - Oct 18 by waveneyblue

Its all part of the FA Cup "dream" getting drawn against a big club at home and on this occasion, we are definitely in the top 3 biggest they could get.

Always felt it was a bit of an anti-climax when ties were moved or swapped around.

FA don't allow ties to be moved these days, so not really a decision.
Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:39 - Oct 18 with 1822 viewsPhilTWTD

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:16 - Oct 18 by Wallingford_Boy

And ZERO away tickets available, just on general sale to all fans.

Think you may be misreading that. I assume we'll get circa-15 per cent even if it's unsegregated.
Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:40 - Oct 18 with 1811 viewsMattinLondon

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:24 - Oct 18 by waveneyblue

You say that but I wouldn’t blame the non-league team if they wanted to switch it to PR - or anywhere else. Move it here and there will probably be around 15k of which they will receive a lot more in terms of gate money then if it were to stay there. Plus their players will probably want to play at a league ground than there.

Long term survival with more investment available to the club versus short term romanticism.
Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:42 - Oct 18 with 1782 viewstextbackup

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:39 - Oct 18 by PhilTWTD

Think you may be misreading that. I assume we'll get circa-15 per cent even if it's unsegregated.

Their owner has tweeted all tickets to be sold on their website?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:43 - Oct 18 with 1766 viewsPhilTWTD

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:42 - Oct 18 by textbackup

Their owner has tweeted all tickets to be sold on their website?

As per answer to ITFC Forever, not sure they're allowed to do that.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:44 - Oct 18 with 1747 viewsITFC_Forever

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:39 - Oct 18 by PhilTWTD

The question was asked on twitter how many tickets would be given to ITFC to be sold, and he said none, all will be through general sale on Sunday.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:45 - Oct 18 with 1730 viewsPhilTWTD

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:44 - Oct 18 by ITFC_Forever

The question was asked on twitter how many tickets would be given to ITFC to be sold, and he said none, all will be through general sale on Sunday.

I missed that. Not sure that will be the case. They're obliged to give tickets to the opposition club under FA rules.
Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:47 - Oct 18 with 1676 viewstextbackup

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:44 - Oct 18 by ITFC_Forever

Matey is giving off second hand car salesman vibes I must say… reckon the power has got him all flustered

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:52 - Oct 18 with 1629 viewsFrimleyBlue

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:45 - Oct 18 by PhilTWTD

I missed that. Not sure that will be the case. They're obliged to give tickets to the opposition club under FA rules.

When we hosted Marlow in the FA Cup. There were a certain amount you had to keep back for opponent hospitality members but tickets could be sold publicly without the need for a split. This obviously could be different once you reach the first round proper.. perhaps the chair is thinking of previous round rules. I'll drop a txt.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:53 - Oct 18 with 1609 viewsITFC_Forever

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:47 - Oct 18 by textbackup

Matey is giving off second hand car salesman vibes I must say… reckon the power has got him all flustered

Yep.... seems they are already overwhelmed with everything they are going to need to put in place.

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:56 - Oct 18 with 1570 viewsPhilTWTD

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:52 - Oct 18 by FrimleyBlue

When we hosted Marlow in the FA Cup. There were a certain amount you had to keep back for opponent hospitality members but tickets could be sold publicly without the need for a split. This obviously could be different once you reach the first round proper.. perhaps the chair is thinking of previous round rules. I'll drop a txt.

You may well be right, rules are probably different in the preliminary stages.
Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:57 - Oct 18 with 1552 viewsWallingford_Boy

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:45 - Oct 18 by PhilTWTD

When the ground only holds 1200 fans, there might be a different rule.

Players and staff may get a few, but can't see Ipswich fans getting any specifically.

RIP Sir Bobby

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:59 - Oct 18 with 1526 viewsPhilTWTD

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:57 - Oct 18 by Wallingford_Boy

Players and staff may get a few, but can't see Ipswich fans getting any specifically.

Holds 1,950 - although that may change due to safety stuff or perhaps if they add temporary stands - and not sure the rules change due to the size of ground.

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 14:05 - Oct 18 with 1446 viewsWallingford_Boy

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:59 - Oct 18 by PhilTWTD

Holds 1,950 - although that may change due to safety stuff or perhaps if they add temporary stands - and not sure the rules change due to the size of ground.

Sandhurst told us capacity 1200 last season (my local team played there), but I see Wikipedia does say 1950.

I guess we will know for certain on any allocation after the safety audit, as they have the final say on away allocation and the 15% figure is a maximum, not a hard and fast rule.

RIP Sir Bobby

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 14:06 - Oct 18 with 1446 viewsEastTownBlue

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:40 - Oct 18 by MattinLondon

You say that but I wouldn’t blame the non-league team if they wanted to switch it to PR - or anywhere else. Move it here and there will probably be around 15k of which they will receive a lot more in terms of gate money then if it were to stay there. Plus their players will probably want to play at a league ground than there.

Long term survival with more investment available to the club versus short term romanticism.

If they were to move it to Reading, for example, any additional income would go to the FA pool not to Bracknell. It isn’t worth it for them.
Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 14:07 - Oct 18 with 1431 viewsPhilTWTD

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 14:05 - Oct 18 by Wallingford_Boy

Sandhurst told us capacity 1200 last season (my local team played there), but I see Wikipedia does say 1950.

I guess we will know for certain on any allocation after the safety audit, as they have the final say on away allocation and the 15% figure is a maximum, not a hard and fast rule.

FA rule states clubs can request "up to 15 per cent" but agree that police concerns etc can limit that.

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 14:09 - Oct 18 with 1413 viewsKitman

Probably for a competitive game. I went to a pre season fixture in the Hurst days at East Grinstead FC which was a ground tucked away in a field beyond a local Park. I can picture the Bracknell ground being of a similar ilk.....

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 14:20 - Oct 18 with 1331 viewsITFC_Forever

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:57 - Oct 18 by Wallingford_Boy

Players allocations are often zero in outside of the EFL and Prem, below that it's at each club's discretion.

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 14:21 - Oct 18 with 1325 viewsWallingford_Boy

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 14:09 - Oct 18 by Kitman

Probably for a competitive game. I went to a pre season fixture in the Hurst days at East Grinstead FC which was a ground tucked away in a field beyond a local Park. I can picture the Bracknell ground being of a similar ilk.....

Its a really nice, modern little ground. Big, glass fronted bar/clubhouse.

But yeah, tiny..!

RIP Sir Bobby

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 14:25 - Oct 18 with 1271 viewstextbackup

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:53 - Oct 18 by ITFC_Forever

Yep.... seems they are already overwhelmed with everything they are going to need to put in place.

I’m almost 100% sure Town would help them in any way they could if they asked

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 14:29 - Oct 18 with 1238 viewsCityBlue

If you buy a ticket for their game tonight and their game Saturday you can apply for a cup match ticket.....so £20 flutter to hope you get a cup ticket...

I T I D

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 14:30 - Oct 18 with 1230 viewsDanny_G

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 14:29 - Oct 18 by CityBlue

If you buy a ticket for their game tonight and their game Saturday you can apply for a cup match ticket.....so £20 flutter to hope you get a cup ticket...

You have to go to the game on Saturday and buy a physical ticket though.
Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 14:31 - Oct 18 with 1226 viewswrightsrightglove

Game 100% not being switched to Aldershot/Reading/Gatwick on 13:40 - Oct 18 by MattinLondon

Would be nice if the club could do something to help boost their funds as a good will gesture, maybe we could gift them out share of any sky money (assuming it’s on sky) or something like that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024