Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Further details of the pitch works now online 12:52 - Nov 5 with 3290 viewsMuncher

There's some more detail about the new pitch works and works to the south east corner of the ground on the planning portal now.

https://ppc.ipswich.gov.uk/appndetails.asp?iAppID=22/00939/FUL&sType=APP

The pitch looks to be raised slightly on the Cobbold stand side. The width is increasing by about 40mm, but lengthwise it is increasing a reasonable amount, the equivalent of around 6 seats worth overall, mainly in the direction of the south stand.

The whole pitch is shifting slightly towards the direction of the Cobbold stand and there will be more grass around the pitch and less astroturf.
Further details of the pitch works now online on 13:08 - Nov 5 with 3187 viewsIllinoisblue

The faceless fans in the artist’s impression are quite scary.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Further details of the pitch works now online on 13:15 - Nov 5 with 3160 viewsstonojnr

is it just one of those converging lines optical illusion things, or did they really build the south stand on the huh ? against the pitch ?

it defintely looks like those sitting near Cobbold are marginally nearer the pitch than if you sit near Pioneer/Britannia/Coop/Magnus whatever its called these days.
Further details of the pitch works now online on 13:22 - Nov 5 with 3130 viewsMuncher

Further details of the pitch works now online on 13:15 - Nov 5 by stonojnr

is it just one of those converging lines optical illusion things, or did they really build the south stand on the huh ? against the pitch ?

it defintely looks like those sitting near Cobbold are marginally nearer the pitch than if you sit near Pioneer/Britannia/Coop/Magnus whatever its called these days.

You're right, it's 804mm closer to the pitch at the Cobbold end of the stand compared to the Magnus end.
Further details of the pitch works now online on 14:14 - Nov 5 with 2978 viewsle2blue

Interesting logo used on the planning application by the architects, they appear to have used a new ITFC logo.
Further details of the pitch works now online on 14:20 - Nov 5 with 2951 viewsIllinoisblue

Ha, the link is blocked in the U.S. hopefully the pension fund folks have a good VPN

62 - 78 - 81

Further details of the pitch works now online on 14:36 - Nov 5 with 2905 viewsSheffordBlue

Further details of the pitch works now online on 14:14 - Nov 5 by le2blue

Interesting logo used on the planning application by the architects, they appear to have used a new ITFC logo.

That logo looks like it's been taken from this TWTD article - https://www.twtd.co.uk/blogs/21883/the-itfc-crest-time-for-an-update/?scrollto=p

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Further details of the pitch works now online on 14:38 - Nov 5 with 2887 viewsstonojnr

Further details of the pitch works now online on 13:22 - Nov 5 by Muncher

You're right, it's 804mm closer to the pitch at the Cobbold end of the stand compared to the Magnus end.

so nearly 1m out of being square to the picture, that feels quite a big difference to have in a stand for a football pitch, even if pitchside its not noticeable.

But we built the South ontop of Churchmans didnt we, unlike the North which they demolished & rebuilt, so it must have been an original alignment issue that they didnt correct, I guess to keep cost down.

I think Im just surprised I dont recall it ever being mentioned before.
Exiting Churchmans.... on 14:48 - Nov 5 with 2864 viewsBloots

....looks like it is going to be limited to via Portman Road only.

Currently a large percentage of fans (myself included) exit via the Constantine Road exit.

This is going to potentially push thousands of extra fans into an area that is already a "pinch point" with away fans.

I assume that eventually the exit will be onto Russell Road/Chancery Road, but these plans don't show that.

This is going to p*ss a lot of people off.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

Further details of the pitch works now online on 14:50 - Nov 5 with 2853 viewsPhilTWTD

Further details of the pitch works now online on 14:38 - Nov 5 by stonojnr

so nearly 1m out of being square to the picture, that feels quite a big difference to have in a stand for a football pitch, even if pitchside its not noticeable.

But we built the South ontop of Churchmans didnt we, unlike the North which they demolished & rebuilt, so it must have been an original alignment issue that they didnt correct, I guess to keep cost down.

I think Im just surprised I dont recall it ever being mentioned before.

Think it was mentioned at the time of the rebuild. Another anomaly was the dugouts being off-centre. Can't remember whether that was as a result of the the work which was carried out in 92 or early 2000s.
Further details of the pitch works now online on 15:27 - Nov 5 with 2757 viewsHighgateBlue

Further details of the pitch works now online on 14:36 - Nov 5 by SheffordBlue

That logo looks like it's been taken from this TWTD article - https://www.twtd.co.uk/blogs/21883/the-itfc-crest-time-for-an-update/?scrollto=p

What the hell are the architects doing using a fake logo on the Design and Access Statement, and why are the Club letting them?

That is pretty Poundland.

No objection to the actual proposals, mind.
Further details of the pitch works now online on 15:47 - Nov 5 with 2702 viewsPhilTWTD

Further details of the pitch works now online on 15:27 - Nov 5 by HighgateBlue

What the hell are the architects doing using a fake logo on the Design and Access Statement, and why are the Club letting them?

I suspect someone did an online search and picked the wrong one!
Exiting Churchmans.... on 15:56 - Nov 5 with 2643 viewstextbackup

Exiting Churchmans.... on 14:48 - Nov 5 by Bloots

Currently a large percentage of fans (myself included) exit via the Constantine Road exit.

This is going to potentially push thousands of extra fans into an area that is already a "pinch point" with away fans.

I assume that eventually the exit will be onto Russell Road/Chancery Road, but these plans don't show that.

Straight into the away fans too

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Further details of the pitch works now online on 16:14 - Nov 5 with 2577 viewsDyland

Further details of the pitch works now online on 13:08 - Nov 5 by Illinoisblue

The faceless fans in the artist’s impression are quite scary.

They look like they're going shopping (for stuff they don't need).

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Further details of the pitch works now online on 16:40 - Nov 5 with 2516 viewsIllinoisblue

Further details of the pitch works now online on 16:14 - Nov 5 by Dyland

They look like they're going shopping (for stuff they don't need).

Zombie-like. Here for our home game against Dystopia FC

62 - 78 - 81

Further details of the pitch works now online on 16:40 - Nov 5 with 2516 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Further details of the pitch works now online on 15:47 - Nov 5 by PhilTWTD

I suspect someone did an online search and picked the wrong one!

Bloody hope so. All for a badge refresh but that one is especially 'tinpot'
Further details of the pitch works now online on 17:11 - Nov 5 with 2420 viewsThe_Major

Speaking of stands at a slightly odd angle, Dens Park in Dundee has their main stand with a bend in the middle so it's a very shallow V shape.

I also remember Molineux before it was rebuilt, where the main stand was so far from the pitch, it may as well have been in Birmingham.
Further details of the pitch works now online on 17:25 - Nov 5 with 2359 viewsbluelagos

Further details of the pitch works now online on 17:11 - Nov 5 by The_Major

Speaking of stands at a slightly odd angle, Dens Park in Dundee has their main stand with a bend in the middle so it's a very shallow V shape.

I also remember Molineux before it was rebuilt, where the main stand was so far from the pitch, it may as well have been in Birmingham.

Has Wolves been sorted? Was ridiculous.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Further details of the pitch works now online on 17:37 - Nov 5 with 2322 viewsjasondozzell

Gamechanger have done a great job improving the look of the stadium and giving it some much needed tlc.

As a result feels a bit churlish to complain about part of this, but I'm not sure about the gates with the high panels and posts - will they spoil the look of the ground from the corner of PR? Always thought the view of the Cobbold from there with the Cobbold Stand sign was a great one - a proper old fashioned football ground corner.
Further details of the pitch works now online on 20:05 - Nov 5 with 2120 viewsThe_Major

Further details of the pitch works now online on 17:25 - Nov 5 by bluelagos

Has Wolves been sorted? Was ridiculous.

Just had a look on Google Earth, and.... No!

In fact the stand on the other touchline is the same, bizarrely. And both of them are angled as well.

Old Stamford Bridge behind the goals was another one that looked as if it was in a different county as well. I mean I know in the old bowl stadiums like Wembley Mk.1 it was a bit inevitable, but even so!

Seem to recall needing a pair of binoculars when Brighton played at the Withdean as well.
Further details of the pitch works now online on 20:58 - Nov 5 with 2022 viewsFrimleyBlue

Further details of the pitch works now online on 15:27 - Nov 5 by HighgateBlue

Doesn't it also make the document null and void if they've used the wrong logo?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Further details of the pitch works now online on 21:10 - Nov 5 with 2000 viewsxrayspecs

Further details of the pitch works now online on 20:58 - Nov 5 by FrimleyBlue

Doesn't it also make the document null and void if they've used the wrong logo?

Er, no.

It is not material, is it?
[Post edited 5 Nov 2022 21:11]
Further details of the pitch works now online on 21:12 - Nov 5 with 1984 viewsFrimleyBlue

Further details of the pitch works now online on 21:10 - Nov 5 by xrayspecs

Er, no.

It is not material, is it?
[Post edited 5 Nov 2022 21:11]

I've no idea. I just thought legal documents would have to include the actual copyrighted logo of the club.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Exiting Churchmans.... on 21:45 - Nov 5 with 1896 viewsRonFearonsHair

Exiting Churchmans.... on 14:48 - Nov 5 by Bloots

Good point.

Though there are also always a fair few that exit the Pioneer by cutting through Churchmans who presumably will also no longer be able to.
Further details of the pitch works now online on 22:09 - Nov 5 with 1830 viewsxrayspecs

Further details of the pitch works now online on 21:12 - Nov 5 by FrimleyBlue

I've no idea. I just thought legal documents would have to include the actual copyrighted logo of the club.

it is not a legal document.

As you say...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024