Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Buying tickets 20:29 - Nov 28 with 1823 viewsBramidan

So, I go all the way through trying to buy a ticket for the Wycombe game.
All going well and then hit the buffers, then see I can’t buy until a letter date.
Am I being naive or wouldn’t you think it would say that at the outset?
If it’s just me just tell me, no need to take the p.ss I am an old boy
Buying tickets on 20:33 - Nov 28 with 1785 viewsSitfcB

It tells you as soon as you go to your basket after adding the ticket, which isn’t exactly a long hard process.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2022 20:34]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Buying tickets on 20:39 - Nov 28 with 1764 viewsBramidan

Buying tickets on 20:33 - Nov 28 by SitfcB

It tells you as soon as you go to your basket after adding the ticket, which isn’t exactly a long hard process.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2022 20:34]

No it actually doesn’t it just stops and then when you look back it,it then tells you.
All I am saying is, if they are not on general sale, say it at the outset.
Not that hard is it?
Not exactly user friendly is it?
Buying tickets on 20:43 - Nov 28 with 1738 viewsSitfcB

Buying tickets on 20:39 - Nov 28 by Bramidan

No it actually doesn’t it just stops and then when you look back it,it then tells you.
All I am saying is, if they are not on general sale, say it at the outset.
Not that hard is it?
Not exactly user friendly is it?

A bad workman always blames his tools etc.

It tells you when you go to your basket after adding the ticket, in the red…

General sale is on Wednesday from 10am.

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2022/november/ticket-details-for-towns-trip-to-wycom

COYB

Buying tickets on 20:59 - Nov 28 with 1700 viewsBramidan

Buying tickets on 20:43 - Nov 28 by SitfcB

A bad workman always blames his tools etc.

It tells you when you go to your basket after adding the ticket, in the red…

General sale is on Wednesday from 10am.

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2022/november/ticket-details-for-towns-trip-to-wycom

But that is exactly my point!
You go through all that to get to your basket and then it pulls the plug.
I do thank you for your explanation plus the illustrations.
Would have been easier for the web site to have said they are not on general sale until the due date but presumably that would have been too difficult. Let the customer get to the end then play the “joker”.
Not great marketing is it?
Perhaps I expect too much.
Buying tickets on 21:02 - Nov 28 with 1680 viewsSitfcB

Buying tickets on 20:59 - Nov 28 by Bramidan

Would have been easier for the web site to have said they are not on general sale until the due date but presumably that would have been too difficult. Let the customer get to the end then play the “joker”.

The dates are there before you go to select tickets…

COYB

Buying tickets on 21:29 - Nov 28 with 1608 viewsnoggin

Buying tickets on 20:59 - Nov 28 by Bramidan

"Perhaps I expect too much."

Perhaps.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Buying tickets on 21:36 - Nov 28 with 1596 viewsbluelagos

Buying tickets on 21:29 - Nov 28 by noggin

"Perhaps I expect too much."

Perhaps.

I thnk young IT savvy posters don't appreciate how frustrating electronic everything is for the elder generation.

Long gone are the days were you rocked up, paid yer money and enjoyed the match. We make things far harder than we need to, but that's the way of the world I guess.

OP, I feel yer pain. Done similar a number of times last year. Car parking is the biggest pain in the arse these days, sitting in a car park trying to download an app to allow me to pay for parking...apparently that makes life easier ffs.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Buying tickets on 21:53 - Nov 28 with 1561 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

While I can't say this is a problem I've faced, I will admit that I despise selecting a seat for home games on my mobile. I end up with multiple random seats from different blocks (sometimes even different stands) in my basket, which I then manually purge before payment.

Works fine on desktop though, so that's just on me for never learning my lesson. I don't even have the excuse of being old

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Login to get fewer ads

Buying tickets on 22:30 - Nov 28 with 1510 viewsMeadowlark

Buying tickets on 21:36 - Nov 28 by bluelagos

I thnk young IT savvy posters don't appreciate how frustrating electronic everything is for the elder generation.

Long gone are the days were you rocked up, paid yer money and enjoyed the match. We make things far harder than we need to, but that's the way of the world I guess.

OP, I feel yer pain. Done similar a number of times last year. Car parking is the biggest pain in the arse these days, sitting in a car park trying to download an app to allow me to pay for parking...apparently that makes life easier ffs.

I honestly believe they make parking payment meters and Apps deliberately difficult to use so they can fine you when you get it wrong....
Buying tickets on 22:33 - Nov 28 with 1505 viewsBramidan

Buying tickets on 21:53 - Nov 28 by SlippinJimmyJuan

While I can't say this is a problem I've faced, I will admit that I despise selecting a seat for home games on my mobile. I end up with multiple random seats from different blocks (sometimes even different stands) in my basket, which I then manually purge before payment.

Works fine on desktop though, so that's just on me for never learning my lesson. I don't even have the excuse of being old

Thanks everybody, I just think it’s like buying all your stuff in a retail outlet, you’ve chosen what you want, you are so happy everything you wanted was there on the shelf.
So off to the checkout, payment in hand, feeling chuffed in that hunter gatherer mode that you have achieved your goal.
Just as you go to pay, the cashier says “ no, sorry those goods are not for sale until a later date”
Was it to much to ask that you didn’t try to sell them until the due date?

Oh well never mind, to much bother.
Perhaps one of my neighbours can get me a ticket through Wycombe sales.
Buying tickets on 22:35 - Nov 28 with 1499 viewsPioneerBlue

The very first thing it says upon selecting away tickets is

Sales Dates:
Gold Members: Wednesday 23rd November
Season Ticket Holders: Friday 25th November
Silver Members: Monday 28th November
General Sale: Wednesday 30th November
All sales dates commence at 10am unless stated otherwise.
All priority stages are limited to one ticket per qualifying supporter, this will open up at General Sale.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Buying tickets on 07:02 - Nov 29 with 1310 viewsEly_Blue

Buying tickets on 22:35 - Nov 28 by PioneerBlue

The very first thing it says upon selecting away tickets is

Sales Dates:
Gold Members: Wednesday 23rd November
Season Ticket Holders: Friday 25th November
Silver Members: Monday 28th November
General Sale: Wednesday 30th November
All sales dates commence at 10am unless stated otherwise.
All priority stages are limited to one ticket per qualifying supporter, this will open up at General Sale.

He’s conveniently ignored this comment I see now from 2 people!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Buying tickets on 10:54 - Nov 29 with 1161 viewsGeoffSentence

I was in a car park in Kent last year. Only payment option in the car park was by mobile phone. It was a rural area and had no phone reception.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Buying tickets on 11:22 - Nov 29 with 1121 viewsNeedhamChris

When you've got all the apps - it feels like a VIP service in Suffolk at times. I was at Burrell Road not that long ago and there was a long queue of at least 10 people waiting to pay on the machine. Same applies to ordering on the McDs app in these parts

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024