Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Carroll 18:38 - Nov 28 with 3022 viewsNutkins_Return

Available and knows McKenna systems and the club. Not suggesting for one minute we'd be looking to give him a lot of minutes but as a contingency option...1 month deal initially.

Experienced head to take the load off. Last 10-15 mins. And up to speed if injury or suspension hit. Get us to Jan.

Obviously if completely unfit it's a no.
Tom Carroll on 18:42 - Nov 28 with 2969 viewsNthsuffolkblue

As he hasn't had a contract anywhere since he left us and he struggled so much, I would much rather we relied on an academy prospect who might learn something from the experience and would almost certainly offer as much on the pitch.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Tom Carroll on 18:54 - Nov 28 with 2914 viewsNutkins_Return

Tom Carroll on 18:42 - Nov 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

As he hasn't had a contract anywhere since he left us and he struggled so much, I would much rather we relied on an academy prospect who might learn something from the experience and would almost certainly offer as much on the pitch.

I'm probably at the same conclusion. I'm curious to know what he's up to. As much as anything if we get another injury we're starting to get short in training quality wise etc. It would be more a cheap option in the door to help out until Jan.

Interesting as to whether he was holding out for a good level move and it hasn't happened for him or whether his age and squad size caps L1 and down has cost him a bit.

He wasn't terrible for us. Just didn't stand out at all and was disappointing given his pedegree. Shame really. He actually did better at QPR in the champ.
Tom Carroll on 19:05 - Nov 28 with 2844 viewsMullet

Tom Carroll on 18:54 - Nov 28 by Nutkins_Return

I'm probably at the same conclusion. I'm curious to know what he's up to. As much as anything if we get another injury we're starting to get short in training quality wise etc. It would be more a cheap option in the door to help out until Jan.

Interesting as to whether he was holding out for a good level move and it hasn't happened for him or whether his age and squad size caps L1 and down has cost him a bit.

He wasn't terrible for us. Just didn't stand out at all and was disappointing given his pedegree. Shame really. He actually did better at QPR in the champ.

Poor fella was far too fragile and saw his legs and brain at odds with each other. Really sad as he was super talented.

Really feel like we need a grizzly old kick it first style midfielder. Essentially we want someone to partner Humphreys when Morsy is suspended and Evans out right now.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Tom Carroll on 19:14 - Nov 28 with 2775 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yeah, my thoughts as well. If Carroll’s been training with a club and in good shape, then sure have a look. If not, it’s a big no from me. Much better to use from within, and I’d probably prefer to go that route whatever.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tom Carroll on 19:29 - Nov 28 with 2663 viewsLankHenners

With Evans and Ball out (and Morsy potentially close to a suspension) we're without a bit of steel in midfield. Getting in one of the most lightweight, unphysical players to play for us in recent years would do nothing to help that situation.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Tom Carroll on 19:41 - Nov 28 with 2577 viewsNutkins_Return

Tom Carroll on 19:29 - Nov 28 by LankHenners

With Evans and Ball out (and Morsy potentially close to a suspension) we're without a bit of steel in midfield. Getting in one of the most lightweight, unphysical players to play for us in recent years would do nothing to help that situation.

He's certainly not the right profile in terms of anything long term (and probably not worth it for this). But we are badly short for a month and it's just an option for a body to discuss.

Tom adeyemi fits the bill...haha. I don't disagree with your general assessment to be clear.
Tom Carroll on 19:54 - Nov 28 with 2453 viewsclive_baker

No thanks. He was dog sh1t.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Tom Carroll on 20:01 - Nov 28 with 2415 viewssolemio

Tom Carroll on 19:54 - Nov 28 by clive_baker

No thanks. He was dog sh1t.

That's rather impolite.
Login to get fewer ads

Tom Carroll on 20:01 - Nov 28 with 2413 viewsChurchman

Agree with this. Surely we can do better than Carroll. If that’s all that’s out there, permanent or loanee, stay with what we’ve got within the club.
Tom Carroll on 20:32 - Nov 28 with 2334 viewsLeoMuff

He seemed not upto the job last season by some distance, there must be better loans or perms out there.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Tom Carroll on 20:43 - Nov 28 with 2296 viewscatch74

Think Adeyemi still to find a club.
Shame - think he could have been a useful player for us, injured and then vanished and retired.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Tom Carroll on 21:58 - Nov 28 with 2131 viewsitfc_bucks

Tom Carroll on 20:43 - Nov 28 by catch74

Think Adeyemi still to find a club.
Shame - think he could have been a useful player for us, injured and then vanished and retired.

Pretty sure Adeyemi went to university after retiring.

Suspect he's probably doing ok...
Tom Carroll on 22:32 - Nov 28 with 2018 viewsCoastalblue

No

and I genuinely thought the first time round he'd be the slick operator we needed to grease the wheels in the middle of the park. He was without doubt one of our most disappointing signings, the guy clearly has bags of talent, and suspect he'll go on to do well somewhere, just didn't fit here for whatever reason.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Tom Carroll on 22:47 - Nov 28 with 1979 viewsFrimleyBlue

No, didn't work out and probably wouldn't again.

I wonder if we might try a cheeky offer to Danny Drinkwater though....

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Tom Carroll on 10:39 - Nov 29 with 1588 viewsronnyd

Tom Carroll on 22:47 - Nov 28 by FrimleyBlue

Now there's a guy who's career has gone tits up after chasing the big bucks. He was great for the Foxes.
Tom Carroll on 11:00 - Nov 29 with 1515 viewsRobTheMonk

Tom Carroll on 22:47 - Nov 28 by FrimleyBlue

There was a really enlightening interview with Drinkwater where he was very open about his struggles with mental health and things going on in his life that sent him a little off the rails.

I still think he'd be a really good player at this level.
Tom Carroll on 12:17 - Nov 29 with 1406 viewsBigCommon

Think it would be difficult for any player coming in very short term. We hear a lot about new players having to get used to patterns of play.. For that reason alone, I'd prefer a youngster given a chance. Where, you'd think, that our / KM's ethos , would have been trained into some of our youngsters, to some degree in the 21's.
Carol always seemed like a bit of a passenger, imo, when he played. Moments of quality. But not someone you'd want to be in the trenches with..
Chiwera and Siziba in MF, and Armin at LB, have shown enough, imo. To be given a shot as back up first team players, instead of recruiting last years dead wood.. It's not ideal throwing youngsters into a promotion battle. But Humphreys has proved, that some of these lads, aren't far off it..And they want to wear the shirt..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024