Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Atmosphere was brilliant today 17:50 - Jan 7 with 5464 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Blue Action in the middle certainly made a difference.

All round a good day, good performance, players coming in.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Atmosphere was brilliant today on 18:29 - Jan 7 with 5051 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The little squeaky kid in section 6 was a star too.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Atmosphere was brilliant today on 21:14 - Jan 7 with 4818 viewsBlue_Order

Hopefully today will go some way in convincing the club to move us central permanently.

Organised support makes a difference.
Atmosphere was brilliant today on 21:18 - Jan 7 with 4755 viewsGeoffSentence

Atmosphere was brilliant today on 21:14 - Jan 7 by Blue_Order

Hopefully today will go some way in convincing the club to move us central permanently.

Needs a bit of this

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Atmosphere was brilliant today on 21:23 - Jan 7 with 4669 viewsSheffordBlue

At the minimum they should give Blue Action first refusal when any season tickets there aren't renewed. I can't see you being moved en masse but no reason that over the course of a few sesasons you can't 'spread the noise'.

A few pockets of you providing links between the main group and the remainder of the stand will still be better than what exists now.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Atmosphere was brilliant today on 21:34 - Jan 7 with 4578 viewsITFC_Forever

We sat in Block Y today in the Magnus, as the last few couple games in the Lower North have been unbearable in S5 (too many 14 year olds who didn’t know any of the songs and spent the whole time getting on Ladapo’s back).

That said, today’s atmosphere looked brilliant.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Atmosphere was brilliant today on 22:39 - Jan 7 with 4335 viewsmattyhollandsirish

Yeah it was good today. What exactly have you proposed to the club though? I sit section 5, I sing, I make noise. Plenty around me don't. Would you like us all to move or do we have to audition to see if we "make the cut" in order to keep our seats? Obviously I'm joking, but just can't see how the club is ever going to tell people to move because someone else thinks don't make enough noise. I'm fully behind all efforts to create a better atmosphere, but struggling with this idea.
Atmosphere was brilliant today on 00:44 - Jan 8 with 4055 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Atmosphere was brilliant today on 22:39 - Jan 7 by mattyhollandsirish

Yeah it was good today. What exactly have you proposed to the club though? I sit section 5, I sing, I make noise. Plenty around me don't. Would you like us all to move or do we have to audition to see if we "make the cut" in order to keep our seats? Obviously I'm joking, but just can't see how the club is ever going to tell people to move because someone else thinks don't make enough noise. I'm fully behind all efforts to create a better atmosphere, but struggling with this idea.

I think the only way the club could possibly do it, would be to contact a block of say 200 seats centrally, and offer them their season ticket for free next season if they swap section 5 for section 6. If 50 of them obliged, that would cost the club £15k, but can you put a price on the potential help of an improved stadium atmosphere?

A lot would decline the offer of course, it many will like the idea of a free season ticket for a season and some might see the bigger picture benefit.

Granted though, giving up a seat of many many years would be a tough sell!
Atmosphere was brilliant today on 00:53 - Jan 8 with 4030 viewsColin_Viljoen

You would have to send in a sound-bite with you season ticket application
Login to get fewer ads

Atmosphere was brilliant today on 06:27 - Jan 8 with 3870 viewsNickITFC

Didn't make the game unfortunately through illness but did it have the exact desired effect?

With regards to moving BA there permanently, Palace managed to do with their lot. Why can't we?
Atmosphere was brilliant today on 06:37 - Jan 8 with 3858 viewsPinewoodblue

Took Rotherham to score to ramp it up though.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Atmosphere was brilliant today on 07:40 - Jan 8 with 3753 viewspennblue

Atmosphere was brilliant today on 00:44 - Jan 8 by Matt_Netherlands

I think the only way the club could possibly do it, would be to contact a block of say 200 seats centrally, and offer them their season ticket for free next season if they swap section 5 for section 6. If 50 of them obliged, that would cost the club £15k, but can you put a price on the potential help of an improved stadium atmosphere?

A lot would decline the offer of course, it many will like the idea of a free season ticket for a season and some might see the bigger picture benefit.

Granted though, giving up a seat of many many years would be a tough sell!

a lot of people in there are not traditional north standers. They moved in the last 15 years whilst attendances were lower so they can sit behind the goal. So it is almost like another mini chruchmans in the centre behind the goal.

I think offering a free season ticket to move is a great idea, and i think a lot would go for that

Still need better acoustics though, at the back you are singing into concrete blocks which cannot be great for carrying sound

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Atmosphere was brilliant today on 08:19 - Jan 8 with 3618 viewsHealysBackPocket

Seen a few people saying this so clearly I’m missing something but I was in section 4 and the atmosphere was much the same as it always was by my reckoning; intermittent bursts of noise but other than that, too many people focused on singing whatever song they want with about 3 different chants going on at once - appreciate that the acoustics of the lower north are horrendous at the best of times but really couldn’t notice a stark difference than from my usual seat in section 5

Not discrediting the work of BA and the like to improve things but again, yesterday didn’t seem markedly different but that’s just my take on it
Atmosphere was brilliant today on 08:27 - Jan 8 with 3582 viewsArnieM

This might appear controversial…

The Problem is, fans have held their ST’s in various parts of the ground for years. Why should they be moved just so one group of fans can have their seats? Section 5 is central in the SBR lower stand, and I like many others have been standing there for years. Like many others I never stop singing, but I don’t make a lot of noise by banging a big drum.

Yesterday WAS loud. Brilliant 👍…( The small group from S6 and their drummer were about 10 people along from me snd my friend), But I’d argue it was loud because of a big drum being belted more than actual fans singing. In fact when I looked around section 5 a lot of the fans that normally SING, weren’t! Because you couldn’t hear what the rest of the stand were singing (which gives you “ feedback” to join in), because the drum drowned everyone and everything out. Also what I noticed was the same song was sung throughout the majority of the game (it changed probably twice ), whereas under normal situations section 5 actually has a repertoire of songs that they go through.

I noticed that people around me didn’t speak to each other during the game, (my mate and I didn’t hardly speak about things that happened during the game), the reason ? …we couldn’t actually hear each other speak because of the drum!

So my experience of the game yesterday was different from normal league games. Was it better ? Did it mean there was more SINGING by the whole stand? I’d say respectfully, no. Was it noisier ? Yes it was, but take the drum out snd it would probably be quieter because by and large yesterday I’d say LESS people sang due to the overriding noise from the drum. It actually went right through you. Which is not the same as s whole stand singing as one.

These were my observations from a lifetime ad a North Stander.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Atmosphere was brilliant today on 08:33 - Jan 8 with 3522 viewsStewart27

Atmosphere was brilliant today on 06:37 - Jan 8 by Pinewoodblue

Took Rotherham to score to ramp it up though.

No it didn’t. It was consistent all game. I took my wife and daughter yesterday along with my son and I who are ST holders and we sat in the Cobbold and really enjoyed it.

Well done BA. We had a great day all round.
Atmosphere was brilliant today on 12:32 - Jan 8 with 3104 viewsHelp

Sitting in the Magnus Y area I thought the first half was fairly quiet from the North. However, in the second half, acoustically I thought the sound from the North was much better and clearer than normal games because of the move to the middle. Coud not hear a thing from Rotherham fans till the second half.

But then so many factors play.
Rotherham had so few fans.
North gets better when one side starts, and the rest of the North picks up on it. Then it filters down the Cobbold and Magnus sides near the North.
Depends which way the wind blows to carry the sound.
I hate it when the North has two separate songs going at matches. Too disjointed.
Atmosphere was brilliant today on 14:00 - Jan 8 with 3012 viewssticklegs

The answer to this is to bring back terracing (safe standing as it seems to be called these days). Then, as in days of old, people could stand where they like. Perhaps this could be proposed to the club?
Atmosphere was brilliant today on 14:19 - Jan 8 with 2937 viewsBlue_Order

Atmosphere was brilliant today on 14:32 - Jan 8 with 2915 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Atmosphere was brilliant today on 14:19 - Jan 8 by Blue_Order

I’m in section 5 currently

My question is, if the club do give u the go ahead (which I hope they do), will we *have to* give up our seats?

I’d happily sing all game, and try to now. So my worry is my seat would be given away even if I’m up for contributing if that makes sense
Atmosphere was brilliant today on 15:00 - Jan 8 with 2861 viewsBlue_Order

Atmosphere was brilliant today on 14:32 - Jan 8 by abracaDOBRA_

I’m in section 5 currently

My question is, if the club do give u the go ahead (which I hope they do), will we *have to* give up our seats?

I’d happily sing all game, and try to now. So my worry is my seat would be given away even if I’m up for contributing if that makes sense

We wouldn’t be trying to demand that everyone is just turfed out of their seats, but that those that are in there are aware that they should be expected to sing and contribute. At the moment, too many aren’t.

I personally think people should be honest with themselves. If you already sing then that’s great and you should be there, but if you know that you don’t, then it would be beneficial to the club and support if you moved aside to allow those in that do. As mentioned by someone earlier, those people could be offered moves with some perks thrown in (a years free ST or whatever)

I know what I’m saying isn’t always popular with some people, but it needs change from somewhere, and yesterday showed that having organised support behind the goal would help a lot.
Atmosphere was brilliant today on 15:15 - Jan 8 with 2815 viewspennblue

Atmosphere was brilliant today on 15:00 - Jan 8 by Blue_Order

We wouldn’t be trying to demand that everyone is just turfed out of their seats, but that those that are in there are aware that they should be expected to sing and contribute. At the moment, too many aren’t.

I personally think people should be honest with themselves. If you already sing then that’s great and you should be there, but if you know that you don’t, then it would be beneficial to the club and support if you moved aside to allow those in that do. As mentioned by someone earlier, those people could be offered moves with some perks thrown in (a years free ST or whatever)

I know what I’m saying isn’t always popular with some people, but it needs change from somewhere, and yesterday showed that having organised support behind the goal would help a lot.

The problem with not having enough singers in the lower part is those that will sing can get fatigue and even give up trying.

To try and get Section 5 to sing i would need to persistently sing for a good 5 minutes before it is just embarrasing for them to not join in.

You have to have some serious brass neck to pull that off, and when you have done it once, it is so much effort you rarely do it again.

We need more people that are willing to stick their necks out.

Why is it important? It is those moments in games when the team are under the cosh, or drifting, having an off day or need to score a winner, this is when we should be lifting the team.

It has to be worth 12 points a season to properly sort it out

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Atmosphere was brilliant today on 15:17 - Jan 8 with 2810 viewsstrikalite

Atmosphere was brilliant today on 14:00 - Jan 8 by sticklegs

The answer to this is to bring back terracing (safe standing as it seems to be called these days). Then, as in days of old, people could stand where they like. Perhaps this could be proposed to the club?

Safe standing is a rail, the seats are there but built flush into the rail, so you still have a seat number issued..
Atmosphere was brilliant today on 17:39 - Jan 8 with 2665 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Can Section 6 take a megaphone 📢 into the ground for the rest of this season so the sound is louder across the north stand!
Atmosphere was brilliant today on 18:50 - Jan 8 with 2597 viewsBlue_Order

Atmosphere was brilliant today on 17:39 - Jan 8 by BtreeBlueBlood

Can Section 6 take a megaphone 📢 into the ground for the rest of this season so the sound is louder across the north stand!

We’ve got one but that’s another thing the club wont allow because of ‘safety issues’.
Atmosphere was brilliant today on 18:59 - Jan 8 with 2556 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Atmosphere was brilliant today on 15:15 - Jan 8 by pennblue

The problem with not having enough singers in the lower part is those that will sing can get fatigue and even give up trying.

To try and get Section 5 to sing i would need to persistently sing for a good 5 minutes before it is just embarrasing for them to not join in.

You have to have some serious brass neck to pull that off, and when you have done it once, it is so much effort you rarely do it again.

We need more people that are willing to stick their necks out.

Why is it important? It is those moments in games when the team are under the cosh, or drifting, having an off day or need to score a winner, this is when we should be lifting the team.

It has to be worth 12 points a season to properly sort it out

One thing BA could do to help the atmosphere by Cheltenham_Blue 7 Jan 2023 18:20
Walking the dog after the match, I got to thinking about Town, as is normal, and started down the line of what could be done to improve the atmosphere in stands other than the North.

And I got to thinking, I sit in SAR lower, a few of us try to get songs going over there, but what is obvious is most of the people who sit around me, don't really know the words, (owing to the acoustics, its really difficult to hear everything from S6 of the North Stand).

What might help is a few things:

1) A 'Terrace Chants' section on the Blue Action website.
2) Words printed in the 'Out in Amsterdam' fanzine.
3) And finally, TWTD and The Club to get involved.

We *could* have a terrace songs section on here, and the club could publish one or two of the less 'fruity' chants in the match day programme, or use a 1/8th page 'advert' to direct people to the BA website to find the words to the songs.

If more people knew the words, more would join in. Sadly, a lot of people still don't want to look like tw@ts by getting it wrong.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Atmosphere was brilliant today on 22:25 - Jan 8 with 2410 viewsSlambo

Ha, it is a tricky one and really it comes down to trust. I think we've established what we're about so if we moved our lads over and, say, 25 others, we could assume they'd be coming in with the right intentions. But the 'singing section' would need to be fluid. There should be capacity to expand and contract it and to switch people in and out and the club would need to cede some power to us to do that. I read in Germany that at some clubs stewards will hover round the singing sections and tactfully ask fans who aren't joining in if there's somewhere else they'd like to go! But it's probably unnecessary over there as the culture is fundamentally different and, at the end of the day, that's really what we aim to change. If it means it's ultimately the next generation of fans that benefit, so be it...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024