Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... 10:02 - Jan 9 with 8903 viewsITFC_Forever

We are massive.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:22 - Jan 9 with 1684 viewsSteve_M

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:17 - Jan 9 by SitfcB

If we do then Cambridge should’ve been a letter jobby!

Yep, with priority for people who had paid over the years.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:24 - Jan 9 with 1646 viewsDJR

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:19 - Jan 9 by itfcjoe

I don't think there has ever been an Ipswich game I haven't bee able to go to, bar Brighton away at end of 2004/05

I tried to do it official way rather than through back channels as needed to egt more tickets - that went well

Same is true of a friend of mine who has gone to most aways games for many years (he was at Barrow), and was trying to get tickets for him and someone similar, as well as me.
Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:25 - Jan 9 with 1597 viewsITFC_Forever

There should be a cap on the number of GC holders, and recognition based on the length of time you’ve had one.

The other issue is, why haven’t Cambridge given us the side terrace like last season?

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:34 - Jan 9 with 1496 viewsSitfcB

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:18 - Jan 9 by xrayspecs

Plus ultimate season ticket holders

Those only about 75-100 of them if that!!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:36 - Jan 9 with 1475 viewsSteve_M

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:19 - Jan 9 by itfcjoe

I don't think there has ever been an Ipswich game I haven't bee able to go to, bar Brighton away at end of 2004/05

I tried to do it official way rather than through back channels as needed to egt more tickets - that went well

The West Ham play off in 03-04 was the only one I've missed out on, just could not get through on the phone lines in the days before online sales. That was ridiculous to miss out on given the number of seats available and the priority system changed after that.

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:37 - Jan 9 with 1465 viewsSitfcB

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:25 - Jan 9 by ITFC_Forever

There should be a cap on the number of GC holders, and recognition based on the length of time you’ve had one.

The other issue is, why haven’t Cambridge given us the side terrace like last season?

I bet they didn’t put all the tickets on at once and somethings gone wrong!!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:42 - Jan 9 with 1393 viewsNeedhamChris

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:37 - Jan 9 by SitfcB

Optimistically I'd agree, seems weird we haven't had the "Woo, we've sold out" tweet yet!

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:42 - Jan 9 with 1390 viewsPJH

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:37 - Jan 9 by SitfcB

I imagine that some that have purchased half season ST's have added GC so that would have increased the number of GC's a bit but very much doubt if there are enough GC/Ultimate cards to take the whole Cambridge allocation.

I think that if they actually do have more GC's than tickets available they would have set a number of qualifying away games as they did for Bracknell.
Login to get fewer ads

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:44 - Jan 9 with 1336 viewsBlue_Balls

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:22 - Jan 9 by TractorCam

I imagine they'd do a loyalty one for Fleetwood if that has potential to be a massive one.

Did anyone get terrace tickets? I've only seen the option for seats (sold out obvs).

Maybe the terrace tickets haven't gone in sale yet??
Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:45 - Jan 9 with 1314 viewsgeg1992

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:44 - Jan 9 by Blue_Balls

Did anyone get terrace tickets? I've only seen the option for seats (sold out obvs).

No terrace this year.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:45 - Jan 9 with 1303 viewsTractorCam

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:44 - Jan 9 by Blue_Balls

Cambridge aren't selling the terrace to away fans this year.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:46 - Jan 9 with 1291 viewsBig_Jase

I’ve been to 6-7 away games this year and fortunately have secured my ticket for Cambridge, personally if I didn’t get one that’s just how it goes. The same fans shouldn’t be guaranteed a ticket every week just because they have been before. Sometimes you just have to accept you won’t get one.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:49 - Jan 9 with 1256 viewssatsuma

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:08 - Jan 9 by textbackup

the odd one or two do keep coming on.

and as its sit where u want it doesnt matter

How do people know if an away end is 'sit where you like' instead of in the allocated seats you've bought?
Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:51 - Jan 9 with 1219 viewsPJH

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:49 - Jan 9 by satsuma

How do people know if an away end is 'sit where you like' instead of in the allocated seats you've bought?

Because Cambridge is advertised as 'unreserved seating' although you have to choose a specific seat to get a ticket.
Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:51 - Jan 9 with 1195 viewsTractorCam

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:49 - Jan 9 by satsuma

The ticket just says unreserved seating on it.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:52 - Jan 9 with 1185 viewssatsuma

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:51 - Jan 9 by PJH

Because Cambridge is advertised as 'unreserved seating' although you have to choose a specific seat to get a ticket.

Makes sense, thanks. Edit - where does it say unreserved?
[Post edited 9 Jan 2023 10:54]
Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:52 - Jan 9 with 1182 viewsitfcjoe

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:46 - Jan 9 by Big_Jase

I’ve been to 6-7 away games this year and fortunately have secured my ticket for Cambridge, personally if I didn’t get one that’s just how it goes. The same fans shouldn’t be guaranteed a ticket every week just because they have been before. Sometimes you just have to accept you won’t get one.

The people who go to the most games should have priority for their loyalty; that is how it works at most clubs where you get points for each game etc so you build up a loyalty level

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:54 - Jan 9 with 1129 viewstractorboy1978

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:42 - Jan 9 by PJH

I imagine that some that have purchased half season ST's have added GC so that would have increased the number of GC's a bit but very much doubt if there are enough GC/Ultimate cards to take the whole Cambridge allocation.

I think that if they actually do have more GC's than tickets available they would have set a number of qualifying away games as they did for Bracknell.

I know a dozen or so people that bought a GC just for this game. I suspect they've sold a lot of them over the past couple of weeks.
Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:55 - Jan 9 with 1087 viewsBig_Jase

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:52 - Jan 9 by itfcjoe

The people who go to the most games should have priority for their loyalty; that is how it works at most clubs where you get points for each game etc so you build up a loyalty level

Then how do new fans ever get tickets to away games, I’d have liked tickets to lots of things this year (not football) but couldn’t secure them.

I will be at a fair few more as well this year, so the points wouldn’t be an issue for me as would secure enough, but personally I wouldn’t be in favour of it.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:55 - Jan 9 with 1082 viewsKieran_Knows

I imagine if we get promoted and are doing well, we will introduce a points system.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:57 - Jan 9 with 1056 viewsGuthrum

Altho that then means that more distant-living fans who can only get to the occasional away game will never be able to secure tickets to matches in their area.

I'm not sure there exists an entirely satisfactory method which is fair to all - other than getting promoted to a division with more away seats.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:57 - Jan 9 with 1052 viewsSteve_M

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:54 - Jan 9 by tractorboy1978

I know a dozen or so people that bought a GC just for this game. I suspect they've sold a lot of them over the past couple of weeks.

Quite likely, once we weren't given the terrace then it was clearly going to need a GC this year.

Club have missed a trick though really.

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 11:00 - Jan 9 with 988 viewsNeedhamChris

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 10:57 - Jan 9 by Steve_M

Quite likely, once we weren't given the terrace then it was clearly going to need a GC this year.

Club have missed a trick though really.

It doesn't sound too tricky to me.

If allocation = less than the number of GC's then there should be a priority system in place first. Seems fairly basic and an area where ticketing is still really an own goal waiting to happen at times.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 11:01 - Jan 9 with 958 viewsKieran_Knows

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 11:00 - Jan 9 by NeedhamChris

It doesn't sound too tricky to me.

If allocation = less than the number of GC's then there should be a priority system in place first. Seems fairly basic and an area where ticketing is still really an own goal waiting to happen at times.

I suspect because the club haven't had to do a 'priority letter' for a while, it's something which has slipped through the net as such. Poor, but I imagine they won't make that mistake again.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 11:03 - Jan 9 with 918 viewsEastTownBlue

Cambridge away sold out in 2 minutes.... on 11:01 - Jan 9 by Kieran_Knows

I suspect because the club haven't had to do a 'priority letter' for a while, it's something which has slipped through the net as such. Poor, but I imagine they won't make that mistake again.

There was a priority letter/email in place for Bracknell.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024