Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good luck Mick and Terry 20:14 - Jan 19 with 2726 viewsWeirdFishes

Hope you smash it.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Good luck Mick and Terry on 20:23 - Jan 19 with 2681 viewsBlueBadger

Imagine being the sort of person who downvotes this. They're probably dim enough to tell striking nurses to 'just work more hours'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Good luck Mick and Terry on 23:11 - Jan 19 with 2518 viewsMaySixth

Are you Richard Keys?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Good luck Mick and Terry on 23:31 - Jan 19 with 2502 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I watched Micks interview on the Blackpool YouTube channel and it just makes me sad the way it ended here. Mick is a good guy and a brilliant manager and Evans should never have let it get to the point it did. I hope he does really well, I’ll always be a Mick fan.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2023 23:31]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Good luck Mick and Terry on 07:43 - Jan 20 with 2316 viewsSlimitfc91

Good luck Mick and Terry on 20:23 - Jan 19 by BlueBadger

Imagine being the sort of person who downvotes this. They're probably dim enough to tell striking nurses to 'just work more hours'.

If working 3 days per week doesn’t provide enough income, there’s a fairly obvious solution
Good luck Mick and Terry on 07:49 - Jan 20 with 2293 viewsKeno

Good luck Mick and Terry on 07:43 - Jan 20 by Slimitfc91

If working 3 days per week doesn’t provide enough income, there’s a fairly obvious solution

You ignored this when posted the other day

That’s 3 13 plus hour shifts on your feet making some difficult decisions often without any kind of break

Not 7 hours sat at a desk tapping a keyboard trying to be cool

I’d like to see you try to cope with that!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Good luck Mick and Terry on 08:15 - Jan 20 with 2242 viewsSlimitfc91

Good luck Mick and Terry on 07:49 - Jan 20 by Keno

That’s 3 13 plus hour shifts on your feet making some difficult decisions often without any kind of break

12 1/2 hour shifts with 1/2 hour break, every 4th week it’s 4 shifts.
Also, enhancements for working weekends, nights, bank holidays.
Work an extra shift on the 3 day week and it’s problem solved.
Good luck Mick and Terry on 08:23 - Jan 20 with 2222 viewsKeno

Good luck Mick and Terry on 08:15 - Jan 20 by Slimitfc91

I can assure very few nursing shift finish after 12 1/2 hours and the thought of a break is a luxury

Have you stopped to work out that even on your hours nurses in 3 days work longer than most “non-nursing” people

As I said perhaps if you were seriously Ill you like a nurse into their 50th hour that week looking after you

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Good luck Mick and Terry on 09:38 - Jan 20 with 2161 viewsRobTheMonk

Mick did incredibly well here with the resources available. Some of the fan vitriol thrown at him towards the end was unfair, disrespectful and at times outright nasty.
Login to get fewer ads

Good luck Mick and Terry on 09:50 - Jan 20 with 2116 viewsMattinLondon

Good luck Mick and Terry on 09:38 - Jan 20 by RobTheMonk

Mick did incredibly well here with the resources available. Some of the fan vitriol thrown at him towards the end was unfair, disrespectful and at times outright nasty.

Mick did do well here and the abuse that was levelled his way was not justified but he is not a brilliant manager - Be interesting to see whether he gets a new if he keeps them up.
Good luck Mick and Terry on 23:05 - Jan 24 with 1847 viewsBlueBadger

Walk 12.5 hours(plus or minus breaks) in my shoes and see how you feel about putting in extra hours because your pay's been cut by 20% over the last decade in real terms, snowflake.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2023 0:52]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Good luck Mick and Terry on 23:09 - Jan 24 with 1785 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Good luck Mick and Terry on 20:23 - Jan 19 by BlueBadger

He was fine to make derogatory comments about ITFC and its fanbase wasn't he? You pathetic troll.
Good luck Mick and Terry on 23:11 - Jan 24 with 1755 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Good luck Mick and Terry on 23:09 - Jan 24 by Mach_foreignBlue

He was fine to make derogatory comments about ITFC and its fanbase wasn't he? You pathetic troll.

and fans were ok to make comments about him?

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Good luck Mick and Terry on 23:12 - Jan 24 with 1744 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Good luck Mick and Terry on 23:11 - Jan 24 by TRUE_BLUE123

and fans were ok to make comments about him?

They fans had retaliated. Nice, little Ipswich had a 'temerity' to question him.
Good luck Mick and Terry on 23:14 - Jan 24 with 1726 viewsMattinLondon

I confidently predict that straight after a Blackpool victory a few posters will post what a fantastic manager Mick is. And, straight after a Blackpool defeat a few posters will post how dull his football is. After a Blackpool draw then no one will read any posts relating to Mick.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2023 23:14]
Good luck Mick and Terry on 23:14 - Jan 24 with 1706 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Good luck Mick and Terry on 23:12 - Jan 24 by Mach_foreignBlue

They fans had retaliated. Nice, little Ipswich had a 'temerity' to question him.

There is a fine line between questioning and being idiots as im sure you are smart enough too understand.

I assume you were one, given the fact he is clearly still irking you.

Good luck Mick and Terry on 23:18 - Jan 24 with 1676 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Good luck Mick and Terry on 23:14 - Jan 24 by TRUE_BLUE123

There is a fine line between questioning and being idiots as im sure you are smart enough too understand.

I assume you were one, given the fact he is clearly still irking you.

It's not irking me. It's just my comment that doesn't suit your agenda.
Good luck Mick and Terry on 23:27 - Jan 24 with 1629 viewsSwailsey

Good luck Mick and Terry on 23:18 - Jan 24 by Mach_foreignBlue

It's not irking me. It's just my comment that doesn't suit your agenda.

He’s gone. Get over it. He’s living rent free in your head. The reason you’re so worked up by him all the time is because you know, deep down, he was fully entitled to snap back at the fans who attacked him first. It’s ok, you’ll get over this. He forgives you.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Good luck Mick and Terry on 23:34 - Jan 24 with 1562 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Good luck Mick and Terry on 23:27 - Jan 24 by Swailsey

He’s gone. Get over it. He’s living rent free in your head. The reason you’re so worked up by him all the time is because you know, deep down, he was fully entitled to snap back at the fans who attacked him first. It’s ok, you’ll get over this. He forgives you.

He’s gone. Get over it. But you don't mind the different comments about him than mine do you?

No, it was him who started first. Go to your bed and sleep well.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2023 23:37]
Good luck Mick and Terry on 06:38 - Jan 25 with 1321 viewsibbleobble

Good luck Mick and Terry on 07:49 - Jan 20 by Keno

What do you do for a living Keno? 2 billion + people in the world use keyboards to work. Not sure they’re all doing it for show.
Good luck Mick and Terry on 08:29 - Jan 25 with 1085 viewsArnieM

And let’s not forget the absolute s h I t rate of pay despite constantly having to train and study, called CPD ( continual professional development), unlike doctors , 99% of which is done on your “weekend off”

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Good luck Mick and Terry on 08:40 - Jan 25 with 1060 viewsKropotkin123

Cringeworthy

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Good luck Mick and Terry on 08:42 - Jan 25 with 1034 viewsDanTheMan

Good luck Mick and Terry on 06:38 - Jan 25 by ibbleobble

What do you do for a living Keno? 2 billion + people in the world use keyboards to work. Not sure they’re all doing it for show.

My wife used to work as a mental health care worker, doing the same kind of 12-hour shifts that Keno is mentioning, meanwhile I am a software engineer who does the usual 9-5 stuff tapping away on a keyboard.

I got paid substantially more than my partner, who was on minimum wage.

My job is difficult in terms of it is a skilled profession, and I was working a startup so that can be stressful but it was absolutely nothing compared to the crap my wife dealt with.

- Could easily spend 30-60 minutes physically holding someone down.
- Could be shouted abuse at constantly by some patients
- Had to clean up all manner of bodily fluids for some patients on a regular basis
- Saw the aftermath of multiple attempted suicides
- Saw people bash their heads against walls. And not like a little bash, fully trying to bash their open

These are just a few of the things I remember. That's without getting into some of the things you had to do on night shifts. In some cases, you had to physically just be in a room whilst a patient slept as they were a suicide risk. You just had to sit there, in the dark, watching them sleep for hours on end. Just in case they tried to do something.

After every shift, she would come home physically and mentally exhausted. Night shifts would completely ruin her sleeping pattern which usually only managed to get back to some semblance of normality by the time for the next series of night shifts.

And this was for minimum wage.

My job is difficult but it was not difficult in the same way hers was. She had a more difficult job than me by far, and I imagine most nurses have a more difficult job than me. I think Kenos point is that whilst desk jobs can be stressful and people can work long hours, it really is not the same kind of exhaustion you get when working in healthcare where people's lives are quite literally at stake.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Good luck Mick and Terry on 08:48 - Jan 25 with 994 viewsSwansea_Blue

I can see them doing well and ‘smashing it’ 0-0 or maybe 1-0. Good luck to them, seem like decent people and I’m sure they gave their all for us why they were here. But by Christ the football and atmosphere were dull.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024