Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis 22:23 - Mar 29 with 7297 viewsmatt92

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 22:12 - Mar 31 with 4373 viewsSitfcB

Police have been quiet on this, doubt they want to upset the local MP.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2023 23:42]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 23:20 - Mar 31 with 4245 viewsOvenGlove

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 22:12 - Mar 31 by SitfcB

Police have been quiet on this, doubt they want to upset the local MP.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2023 23:42]

Why would the police not want to upset a local politician?
Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 23:43 - Mar 31 with 4191 viewsSitfcB

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 23:20 - Mar 31 by OvenGlove

Why would the police not want to upset a local politician?

Hmm, I wonder why.

COYB

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 00:43 - Apr 1 with 4151 viewsbournemouthblue

...Last weekend there was a protest outside the Novotel opposing its use by the Home Office. I have no idea who was there. I spoke to Suffolk Police before the protest. And I spoke to them after. They informed me the organiser wasn’t connected to the “far right”, and they said after the protest that there was no confirmation the “far right” were present at the protest. Due to other protests around the country that had got out of hand I made sure I was in frequent contact with the Police.

There was a counter protest that took place at the same time. Those who were at this protest have made a number of allegations about the far right being present at the main protest against the use of the Novotel but I’m going off the reports I get from the Police, not them.

I’m not entirely sure what these protestors were looking to achieve or why they were there. I can only assume they were there because they supported the Novotel being used by those who have come here illegally from France (having refused to claim asylum in France and other safe European countries). Accommodated at the hotel at the taxpayer’s expense. There were a number of posters opposing all national borders. ...

Tom Hunt's actual words, quick to flag far right in speech marks and then making ridiculous assumptions about why the 'left' might want to counter protest against Nazis

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 06:57 - Apr 1 with 4074 viewsBLUEBEAT

That bloke in the flat cap saying to the other turd that you don’t have to take the advice the police offers in regards to N*zi salutes… I had a little ruck with him that day when I was on the way to Portman Road.

Poll: W or W

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 07:09 - Apr 1 with 4061 viewsHerbivore

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 00:43 - Apr 1 by bournemouthblue

...Last weekend there was a protest outside the Novotel opposing its use by the Home Office. I have no idea who was there. I spoke to Suffolk Police before the protest. And I spoke to them after. They informed me the organiser wasn’t connected to the “far right”, and they said after the protest that there was no confirmation the “far right” were present at the protest. Due to other protests around the country that had got out of hand I made sure I was in frequent contact with the Police.

There was a counter protest that took place at the same time. Those who were at this protest have made a number of allegations about the far right being present at the main protest against the use of the Novotel but I’m going off the reports I get from the Police, not them.

I’m not entirely sure what these protestors were looking to achieve or why they were there. I can only assume they were there because they supported the Novotel being used by those who have come here illegally from France (having refused to claim asylum in France and other safe European countries). Accommodated at the hotel at the taxpayer’s expense. There were a number of posters opposing all national borders. ...

Tom Hunt's actual words, quick to flag far right in speech marks and then making ridiculous assumptions about why the 'left' might want to counter protest against Nazis

I see we've reached the point where the government are openly siding with far right mobs and taking issue with those who oppose the far right. This shower of utter Tom Hunts can't be gone soon enough.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 07:28 - Apr 1 with 4001 viewsGlasgowBlue

What a piece of Sh1t Tom Hunt is.

Everybody knows these events are coordinated by far right racist groups who roll into town to whip up the local simpletons.

Hope Not Hate are all over this.

https://hopenothate.org.uk/migrant-hunters/

Tom Hunt will know this and to deny it makes him complicit in stoking up hate against migrants.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 10:03 - Apr 1 with 3839 viewsbournemouthblue

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 07:28 - Apr 1 by GlasgowBlue

What a piece of Sh1t Tom Hunt is.

Everybody knows these events are coordinated by far right racist groups who roll into town to whip up the local simpletons.

Hope Not Hate are all over this.

https://hopenothate.org.uk/migrant-hunters/

Tom Hunt will know this and to deny it makes him complicit in stoking up hate against migrants.

It's heartening the far right number was about 20 and the counter protest was substantially higher, we definitely don't want Nazis protesting in Ipswich unopposed

I know Tory Councillors have questioned Labour politicians before by turning up and opposing these kind of groups, I believe David Ellesmere simply quoted this

(I would share the longer version but you get the gist)
[Post edited 1 Apr 2023 10:05]

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 17:02 - Apr 1 with 3653 viewsmatt92

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 10:03 - Apr 1 by bournemouthblue

It's heartening the far right number was about 20 and the counter protest was substantially higher, we definitely don't want Nazis protesting in Ipswich unopposed

I know Tory Councillors have questioned Labour politicians before by turning up and opposing these kind of groups, I believe David Ellesmere simply quoted this

(I would share the longer version but you get the gist)
[Post edited 1 Apr 2023 10:05]

The gist is that he's being willfully ignorant of hard video evidence of a far right presence at this protest. He claims that because the police have apparently said there were no far right there, then that is the truth of the matter.

Surely he has seen the video... what more proof does he need? It comes straight from the horse's mouth that one of the protesters threw a nazi salute!

At the end of the day, neither he nor any other Tory will go against the party line by doing the right thing and vilifying these scumbags, cos they need their votes to cling to power in the next election.
Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 17:23 - Apr 2 with 3469 viewsSitfcB

Someone has left a sticker at the Conservative Club in Ipswich…

‘Nazi apologist’

COYB

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 13:10 - Apr 3 with 3238 viewsmatt92

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 12:03 - Apr 6 with 2984 viewsSitfcB

https://eastangliabylines.co.uk/exclusive-claims-by-refugee-row-mp-of-no-far-rig

COYB

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 12:35 - Apr 6 with 2913 viewsTractorCam

I walked past this on my way to the pub and there was definitely some far right blokes shouting at those on the other side of the road.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2023 12:35]

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 12:39 - Apr 6 with 2877 viewsbournemouthblue

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 17:23 - Apr 2 by SitfcB

‘Nazi apologist’

Hahahaha

To be honest, I'm surprised national papers haven't picked this up yet, it's such an easy story and would be so embarrassing for Hunt

That's the actions around the protest, not this little sticker although it absolutely hits the nail on the head

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 12:50 - Apr 6 with 2822 viewsbournemouthblue

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 17:23 - Apr 2 by SitfcB

‘Nazi apologist’

Edit: N/T
[Post edited 6 Apr 2023 12:51]

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 13:15 - Apr 6 with 2756 viewsbournemouthblue

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 12:03 - Apr 6 by SitfcB

https://eastangliabylines.co.uk/exclusive-claims-by-refugee-row-mp-of-no-far-rig

Good to see momentum building on this, how long before a national paper picks up on this?

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 19:23 - Apr 6 with 2590 viewsSomethingBlue

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 12:03 - Apr 6 by SitfcB

What a surprise. He brings shame on Ipswich, both locally and nationally.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 08:44 - Apr 8 with 2365 viewsDJR

Here's a good tweet on the protests more generally.

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 11:36 - Apr 8 with 2277 viewsleitrimblue

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 13:15 - Apr 6 by bournemouthblue

Good to see momentum building on this, how long before a national paper picks up on this?

The problem is its barely even news at this point. What would be the headline? Member of far right group downplays the role of far right groups in racists protests? Doesn't have much of a ring to it.
Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 11:39 - Apr 8 with 2273 viewsDJR

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 11:36 - Apr 8 by leitrimblue

The problem is its barely even news at this point. What would be the headline? Member of far right group downplays the role of far right groups in racists protests? Doesn't have much of a ring to it.

The tragic thing is that these days the far right doesn't even have to do well in the polls because its policies and influences are reflected in Government policy and the right wing press.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 11:39]
Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 11:43 - Apr 8 with 2254 viewsleitrimblue

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 11:39 - Apr 8 by DJR

The tragic thing is that these days the far right doesn't even have to do well in the polls because its policies and influences are reflected in Government policy and the right wing press.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 11:39]

Exactly it's difficult to know If slogans like Stop the Invasion are coming from far right groups like the EDL or the government. Difficult to tell them apart at times
Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 12:06 - Apr 8 with 2206 viewsDJR

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 11:43 - Apr 8 by leitrimblue

Exactly it's difficult to know If slogans like Stop the Invasion are coming from far right groups like the EDL or the government. Difficult to tell them apart at times

And Labour aren't really much better. This from an article I came across on the internet, which has links to various newspaper articles that justify the claims made.

"Want to know what the main difference would be between a Labour government and a Tory government on immigration? The cruelty would be more efficient.

Sir Keir Starmer, the Labour Party Leader, said he would support GPS tagging of asylum seekers, which a coalition of charities said would amount to ‘psychological torture’. Remember, this guy is meant to be a human rights lawyer.

He remained silent as Patriotic Alternative, a neo-Nazi group, inflamed local tensions in Knowsley, Merseyside towards asylum seekers taking up residence in a local hotel. The protest descended into violence as protestors set fire to a police van and fifteen people were arrested.

Similar protests are now happening across the country.

By not denouncing this far-right activity, in the hope that they can appeal to a distorted and offensive caricature of ‘red wall’ voters, Labour are complicit.

Rachel Reeves, the Shadow Chancellor, said the low levels of deportation were a ‘problem’ and she urged Braverman to speed up deportations.

Shadow Home Secretary Yvette Cooper confirmed this morning that Labour would not scrap the Nationality and Borders Act, which criminalises those arriving by small boats, putting Labour on a collision course with the UN Refugee Convention.

The Shadow Minister for Immigration, Stephen Kinnock, posted a graphic on social media which further inflamed the rhetoric by saying the Tories had ‘failed on small boat crossings’, featuring headlines on the high cost of asylum seekers staying in hotels and the amount of people that has crossed the English Channel.

This is nothing new from Labour. Apart from a brief period from 2015-19, the Labour Party have always been right-wing on immigration.

During the New Labour years there was a whole host of anti-refugee bills pushed through by Home Secretaries under Tony Blair, who himself set a target to cut the number of people applying for refugee status in Britain by 50%.

Whether it was Jacqui Smith, who banned unskilled immigrants from outside the EU with a points-based Australian-style immigration system, Jack Straw, who stripped refugees of benefits and made them use vouchers to buy food, Ruth Kelly, who told councils to stop translating things into other languages to make life more difficult for immigrants who didn’t speak English, ‘as an incentive’, or John Reid, who whipped up anger against ‘foreigners who come to this country illegitimately and steal our benefits’ .

And we can’t forget the worst of the bunch, David Blunkett, a current Labour Party advisor, who introduced a series of right-wing laws as Home Secretary, from banning asylum seekers from working while their claims were being assessed, to trying to force failed asylum seekers to do unwaged work in exchange for ‘basic subsistence’ or banning their children from attending state schools. He brought a bill to cut benefits for asylum seekers and then take their children away into care once they become destitute and even wanted to send all asylum seekers to offshore processing centres outside Europe (sound familiar?).

In 2007, Margaret Hodge, who is still a Labour MP, called for British-born families to take priority of immigrants in the queue for council homes, with her policy receiving backing from no other than the British National Party (BNP).

And who can forget the infamous ‘Controls on immigration’ mugs that Labour MPs posed with as something to celebrate under the leadership of Ed Miliband?"
Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 12:36 - Apr 8 with 2120 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 12:06 - Apr 8 by DJR

And Labour aren't really much better. This from an article I came across on the internet, which has links to various newspaper articles that justify the claims made.

"Want to know what the main difference would be between a Labour government and a Tory government on immigration? The cruelty would be more efficient.

Sir Keir Starmer, the Labour Party Leader, said he would support GPS tagging of asylum seekers, which a coalition of charities said would amount to ‘psychological torture’. Remember, this guy is meant to be a human rights lawyer.

He remained silent as Patriotic Alternative, a neo-Nazi group, inflamed local tensions in Knowsley, Merseyside towards asylum seekers taking up residence in a local hotel. The protest descended into violence as protestors set fire to a police van and fifteen people were arrested.

Similar protests are now happening across the country.

By not denouncing this far-right activity, in the hope that they can appeal to a distorted and offensive caricature of ‘red wall’ voters, Labour are complicit.

Rachel Reeves, the Shadow Chancellor, said the low levels of deportation were a ‘problem’ and she urged Braverman to speed up deportations.

Shadow Home Secretary Yvette Cooper confirmed this morning that Labour would not scrap the Nationality and Borders Act, which criminalises those arriving by small boats, putting Labour on a collision course with the UN Refugee Convention.

The Shadow Minister for Immigration, Stephen Kinnock, posted a graphic on social media which further inflamed the rhetoric by saying the Tories had ‘failed on small boat crossings’, featuring headlines on the high cost of asylum seekers staying in hotels and the amount of people that has crossed the English Channel.

This is nothing new from Labour. Apart from a brief period from 2015-19, the Labour Party have always been right-wing on immigration.

During the New Labour years there was a whole host of anti-refugee bills pushed through by Home Secretaries under Tony Blair, who himself set a target to cut the number of people applying for refugee status in Britain by 50%.

Whether it was Jacqui Smith, who banned unskilled immigrants from outside the EU with a points-based Australian-style immigration system, Jack Straw, who stripped refugees of benefits and made them use vouchers to buy food, Ruth Kelly, who told councils to stop translating things into other languages to make life more difficult for immigrants who didn’t speak English, ‘as an incentive’, or John Reid, who whipped up anger against ‘foreigners who come to this country illegitimately and steal our benefits’ .

And we can’t forget the worst of the bunch, David Blunkett, a current Labour Party advisor, who introduced a series of right-wing laws as Home Secretary, from banning asylum seekers from working while their claims were being assessed, to trying to force failed asylum seekers to do unwaged work in exchange for ‘basic subsistence’ or banning their children from attending state schools. He brought a bill to cut benefits for asylum seekers and then take their children away into care once they become destitute and even wanted to send all asylum seekers to offshore processing centres outside Europe (sound familiar?).

In 2007, Margaret Hodge, who is still a Labour MP, called for British-born families to take priority of immigrants in the queue for council homes, with her policy receiving backing from no other than the British National Party (BNP).

And who can forget the infamous ‘Controls on immigration’ mugs that Labour MPs posed with as something to celebrate under the leadership of Ed Miliband?"

You can almost hear the sound of pennies dropping regarding Starmer's Labour even here on the forum. They really are red tories now and what sort of arse votes tory?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 14:49 - Apr 8 with 2010 viewsDJR

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 12:36 - Apr 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

You can almost hear the sound of pennies dropping regarding Starmer's Labour even here on the forum. They really are red tories now and what sort of arse votes tory?

As to the purge going on in the Labour Party, this is well worth a watch.

Part of the problem it seems to me is that the views and people the Labour Party are seeking to suppress are portrayed as being hard left, but that is far from case for me, or several decent friends of mine who have resigned their membership in protest at the direction Starmer is taking the party.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 14:59]
Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 15:05 - Apr 8 with 1983 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Tom Hunt denying the far right were at the Novotel protests, now defending Nazis on 14:49 - Apr 8 by DJR

As to the purge going on in the Labour Party, this is well worth a watch.

Part of the problem it seems to me is that the views and people the Labour Party are seeking to suppress are portrayed as being hard left, but that is far from case for me, or several decent friends of mine who have resigned their membership in protest at the direction Starmer is taking the party.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 14:59]

Me thinks that the lawyer does speak out of both sides of his mouth at once but only the stuff that comes out of the right side should be believed.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024