Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
derby's disallowed goal 07:54 - Apr 4 with 1914 viewskeanekipper

Am i alone in thinking it was a pretty obvious offside with didz standing on the keeper occupying him when cashin heads the ball, therefore affecting the play or have i missed something obvious?
derby's disallowed goal on 08:22 - Apr 4 with 1832 viewsAsa

Given the Rashford goal stood with VAR against Man City then I don’t think anything is certain regarding McGoldrick being offside and he gestures towards the ball once it was past Walton and didn’t make contact. So arguably there is no interfering.

What Derby fans seem to be missing are two things.

1) Burgess was about to head away until a two handed shove in his back sent him past the ball and allowed the man behind to nod in. Foul, clear and obvious and the ref immediately blew.

2) The assistant didn’t flag for offside to my knowledge. So Warne’s comments are odd - that the assistant apologised for giving an offside, when the assistant didn’t make the call and it wasn’t for that. Seems to have been taken at face value by Derby fans who are then questioning how it could be an offside and are aggrieved.

If they step back, realise it was a foul that was given and it was a blatant one that effectively created the goal by taking Burgess’ ability to head clear - and he was going to do so - it seems pretty clear.

On the flip side, McGoldrick should have had two second yellows, Cashin could have gone, their 34 got away with a blatant yellow because the ball took so long to go out of play and we got twice booked for taking less time than Derby did purely because we were perceived to be wasting time when they weren’t due to the scoreline. Plus Chaplin gets a penalty 50% of the time.

It really wasn’t a game the ref changed the outcome despite Warne’s diversion tactics.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2023 8:23]
derby's disallowed goal on 08:24 - Apr 4 with 1813 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I dont really think he's effecting Walton. He broke away way before the header and his view wasn't impeded.

I cant lie, I've seen lots of our fans on twitter trying to suggest it was the correct decision. If that was us, we would be fuming. I cant see anything in it to give a foul. But we have been on the end of so many of those, i don't feel bad about it.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

derby's disallowed goal on 08:28 - Apr 4 with 1798 viewsSitfcB

It was a foul on Burgess, 2 handed push from their number 15.

From the RamsTV footage you can see the ref blow before the ball hits the net.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2023 9:01]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

derby's disallowed goal on 08:36 - Apr 4 with 1770 viewsxrayspecs

derby's disallowed goal on 08:22 - Apr 4 by Asa

Given the Rashford goal stood with VAR against Man City then I don’t think anything is certain regarding McGoldrick being offside and he gestures towards the ball once it was past Walton and didn’t make contact. So arguably there is no interfering.

1) Burgess was about to head away until a two handed shove in his back sent him past the ball and allowed the man behind to nod in. Foul, clear and obvious and the ref immediately blew.

2) The assistant didn’t flag for offside to my knowledge. So Warne’s comments are odd - that the assistant apologised for giving an offside, when the assistant didn’t make the call and it wasn’t for that. Seems to have been taken at face value by Derby fans who are then questioning how it could be an offside and are aggrieved.

If they step back, realise it was a foul that was given and it was a blatant one that effectively created the goal by taking Burgess’ ability to head clear - and he was going to do so - it seems pretty clear.

On the flip side, McGoldrick should have had two second yellows, Cashin could have gone, their 34 got away with a blatant yellow because the ball took so long to go out of play and we got twice booked for taking less time than Derby did purely because we were perceived to be wasting time when they weren’t due to the scoreline. Plus Chaplin gets a penalty 50% of the time.

It really wasn’t a game the ref changed the outcome despite Warne’s diversion tactics.

I thought is was a goal at the time.

Watching the Town in 5 footage, I can see why you believe Burgess was fouled, it does look that way. Having given the foul, the referee does appear to be signalling it was for offside by making a along the line hand gesture.

We have had so many bad refereeing decisions against us this season, if this has fallen in our favour, then we will take it.

Agree about the leniency of the referee, but do understand different tolerance levels with time wasting for the team in the lead versus the team chasing the game. It is there time they are wasting after all.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2023 8:36]
derby's disallowed goal on 08:38 - Apr 4 with 1757 viewsNthQldITFC

derby's disallowed goal on 08:28 - Apr 4 by SitfcB

Additionally you'll notice little to no complaining from the 15 and 34(? I think) who were the two players involved in the ambush. They knew immediately.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

derby's disallowed goal on 08:44 - Apr 4 with 1721 viewsxrayspecs

Just had a look at that (at 7:50) on Rams TV.

The ref looked over to his linesman before giving the free kick. He blew after the goal was 'scored'. Still looks like a foul on Burgess.

No idea.
derby's disallowed goal on 08:52 - Apr 4 with 1696 viewsPhilTWTD

Ref apparently told Warne it was for a foul on Walton by McGoldrick, although as you say there was the push on Burgess and McGoldrick attempted to play the ball from an offside position.
derby's disallowed goal on 08:53 - Apr 4 with 1680 viewsHerbivore

Yep. The angle on their highlights you can see there's a clear shove. It's just a bad angle on iFollow to be able to see it, but the ref was looking straight at it and blew straight away.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

derby's disallowed goal on 08:54 - Apr 4 with 1662 viewsGeoffSentence

derby's disallowed goal on 08:52 - Apr 4 by PhilTWTD

Ref apparently told Warne it was for a foul on Walton by McGoldrick, although as you say there was the push on Burgess and McGoldrick attempted to play the ball from an offside position.

League One refereeing for you. He got it wrong and right at the same time.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

derby's disallowed goal on 08:59 - Apr 4 with 1610 viewsPhilTWTD

derby's disallowed goal on 08:54 - Apr 4 by GeoffSentence

League One refereeing for you. He got it wrong and right at the same time.

Indeed, and apparently it was the linesman who made the call.
derby's disallowed goal on 09:02 - Apr 4 with 1577 viewsSitfcB

It was the fourth official that told him at the time, must’ve been a mis communication on the officials part.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

derby's disallowed goal on 09:04 - Apr 4 with 1542 viewsPhilTWTD

derby's disallowed goal on 09:02 - Apr 4 by SitfcB

It was the fourth official that told him at the time, must’ve been a mis communication on the officials part.

That's possible, fourth official could just have been having a punt at what it was. The Derby media were told it was the linesman who made the decision and it was disallowed for a foul.
derby's disallowed goal on 09:09 - Apr 4 with 1514 viewsHerbivore

Blimey, of all the things going on that was the least worthy of a free kick. Didz being offside I can see, he's impeding Walton whilst being offside up until the last second when he tries to get a touch on the ball whilst in an offside position. The foul on Burgess is clear from a better angle than iFollow so can see that for sure. Not seeing a foul by Didz though, certainly less so than for the one Walton had to tip over in the first half.

derby's disallowed goal on 10:32 - Apr 4 with 1326 viewsArchiRob

what he said
derby's disallowed goal on 10:58 - Apr 4 with 1277 viewstivo

derby's disallowed goal on 08:24 - Apr 4 by TRUE_BLUE123

I dont really think he's effecting Walton. He broke away way before the header and his view wasn't impeded.

I cant lie, I've seen lots of our fans on twitter trying to suggest it was the correct decision. If that was us, we would be fuming. I cant see anything in it to give a foul. But we have been on the end of so many of those, i don't feel bad about it.

"He broke away way before the header" - Yes in stills. In real time it's about half a second...
derby's disallowed goal on 11:18 - Apr 4 with 1231 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

derby's disallowed goal on 10:58 - Apr 4 by tivo

"He broke away way before the header" - Yes in stills. In real time it's about half a second...

Made no difference to Walton. Its a bad decision, but a great one for us.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

derby's disallowed goal on 11:21 - Apr 4 with 1211 viewsHerbivore

derby's disallowed goal on 08:24 - Apr 4 by TRUE_BLUE123

We had a penalty given against us at Lincoln for less. There was a clear two handed shove on Burgess.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2023 11:22]

derby's disallowed goal on 11:58 - Apr 4 with 1104 viewsgazzer1999

Who cares? it's gone, we won end of. On to Friday. Poor old Derby who really cares about them? Didzy great player for us, yesterdays man, had a good time at Sheff Utd now in the twilight years.
derby's disallowed goal on 11:59 - Apr 4 with 1101 viewsBigCommon

I actually thought Didsy was obstructing Walton, to a degree, just before the corner was taken. The lino let it go.But flagged late, as it eventually led to a goal.
Most replays are looking for a foul amongst the players, which there doesn't look like much going on. Possible something on Burgess?....
derby's disallowed goal on 12:26 - Apr 4 with 1042 viewsPhilTWTD

Re VAR, I think if there had been VAR there would have been little chance of the goal standing for the push on Burgess whether that was what the officials were picking up on in the first place.
derby's disallowed goal on 12:51 - Apr 4 with 953 viewsHerbivore

derby's disallowed goal on 11:59 - Apr 4 by BigCommon

I actually thought Didsy was obstructing Walton, to a degree, just before the corner was taken. The lino let it go.But flagged late, as it eventually led to a goal.
Most replays are looking for a foul amongst the players, which there doesn't look like much going on. Possible something on Burgess?....

There's a better angle on the Derby highlights where you can see Burgess gets a two handed shove in the back as he's jumping to head the ball.

derby's disallowed goal on 17:24 - Apr 4 with 789 viewsSawtrich

As always at a corner it's a bit of mess to pick out in real time but if you watch it a few times with your eyes on Burgess, he is pushed in the back and immediately appeals and gets up and runs straight at the ref. He knew he'd been fouled even if it wasn't clear to everyone.

As for McGoldrick, he's clearly in an offside position but whether it's enough for the goal to be disallowed is anyone's guess. With VAR you'd have a three minute delay and a coin toss to decide.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024