Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus Harness 21:48 - Apr 7 with 2153 viewsfarkenhell

Thought Harness looked much more assured today than he has recently. I know he wasn't on the pitch for long, but he was the pick of the subs for me.
Marcus Harness on 21:51 - Apr 7 with 2119 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Very pleasing after looking like he had lost all confidence. Edwards looked a real handful too.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Marcus Harness on 21:55 - Apr 7 with 2072 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I thought the same.

Might be in for a start Monday after Broadys knock, hope he’s not out for long he’s been incredible.
Marcus Harness on 21:56 - Apr 7 with 2066 viewsBugs

Completely agree. You could tell he was a player lacking confidence in pervious sub appearances in the last 10 + games.

Today he looked good. Some really good touches and passes.
Marcus Harness on 21:58 - Apr 7 with 2053 viewsSteve_M

Yep, I really wanted him to get a goal as finishing the season as he started it might make a difference.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Marcus Harness on 08:05 - Apr 8 with 1664 viewsSheffordBlue

Swapping the whole front line helped I think. In some of his other sub appearances he's ended up playing in 2 different positions with a variety of partners in a 15/20 minute period. Yesterday allowed him to settle better.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Marcus Harness on 08:13 - Apr 8 with 1627 viewsDJR

I thought he also did well in Bolton and Derby wins when he came on because he showed great composure on the ball.
Marcus Harness on 08:44 - Apr 8 with 1569 viewsNthQldITFC

Me too. Definitely looked sharper and more confident with really good control.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Marcus Harness on 08:57 - Apr 8 with 1531 viewsKievthegreat

Marcus Harness on 08:13 - Apr 8 by DJR

I thought he also did well in Bolton and Derby wins when he came on because he showed great composure on the ball.

Was about to say this. He's going a job for us coming on. He's not explosive like Edward's, but his composure is allowing us to keep possession in their half and seems a reliable outlet late in the game. Hasn't been a massive attacking threat, but I don't think that is what is being asked of him when he comes on late.
Login to get fewer ads

Marcus Harness on 09:22 - Apr 8 with 1455 viewsDJR

Marcus Harness on 08:57 - Apr 8 by Kievthegreat

Was about to say this. He's going a job for us coming on. He's not explosive like Edward's, but his composure is allowing us to keep possession in their half and seems a reliable outlet late in the game. Hasn't been a massive attacking threat, but I don't think that is what is being asked of him when he comes on late.

You summed up what I was trying to say perfectly.
Marcus Harness on 09:25 - Apr 8 with 1439 viewsblueislander

Marcus Harness on 09:22 - Apr 8 by DJR

You summed up what I was trying to say perfectly.

Very likely he will be starting on Monday.
Marcus Harness on 09:26 - Apr 8 with 1437 viewsBattersea_Blue

I'd really gone off Harness big time, for a good few months, but yesterday I thought he was superb when he came on.

Well done to him and hope it gives him confidence going forward. I have a feeling we may need him, Broadhead probably needs a rest on Monday or he may seriously damage that ankle. Very surprised he stayed on so long yesterday.
Marcus Harness on 09:27 - Apr 8 with 1430 viewsGlasgowBlue

Marcus Harness on 21:51 - Apr 7 by SlippinJimmyJuan

Very pleasing after looking like he had lost all confidence. Edwards looked a real handful too.

Edwards has won a couple of penalties this season by running at defenders in the box. They are terrified of him.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Marcus Harness on 15:51 - Apr 8 with 1276 viewsfarkenhell

Marcus Harness on 09:27 - Apr 8 by GlasgowBlue

Edwards has won a couple of penalties this season by running at defenders in the box. They are terrified of him.

The best thing about Edwards is that he offers us something different - the ability to take on and beat players with trickery as well as pace. Opposition defenders must feel completely deflated when they see him coming on!
Marcus Harness on 19:31 - Apr 8 with 1098 viewsLeoMuff

Marcus Harness on 09:26 - Apr 8 by Battersea_Blue

I'd really gone off Harness big time, for a good few months, but yesterday I thought he was superb when he came on.

Well done to him and hope it gives him confidence going forward. I have a feeling we may need him, Broadhead probably needs a rest on Monday or he may seriously damage that ankle. Very surprised he stayed on so long yesterday.

Not sure too much would be wrong with Broady, he looked in pain but after 5 mins he looked fine, pretty sure if was serious he wouldn’t been passing and moving like he was.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Marcus Harness on 02:34 - Apr 9 with 828 viewsPioneerBlue

MH has had a difficult season, started on fire, picked up the injury, took time to rebuild fitness, and Broadhead has now come like a gift from the sky. If MH can have a strong finish that will be important for us.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Marcus Harness on 02:46 - Apr 9 with 819 viewsbournemouthblue

Marcus Harness on 08:05 - Apr 8 by SheffordBlue

Swapping the whole front line helped I think. In some of his other sub appearances he's ended up playing in 2 different positions with a variety of partners in a 15/20 minute period. Yesterday allowed him to settle better.

I feel like the subs have a better understanding of how to play together now, which might have an impact on how they're playing. They know their roles, I assume they train together in this group quite regularly. There's just no let up with this side now, some of that's confidence and fitness.

It must be a nightmare for opposition!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Marcus Harness on 20:24 - Apr 9 with 601 viewsBigCommon

Worth noting, he came on and played more right hand side/central, rather than a straight swap for Broadhead on the left....
It's my understanding, that Harness preferred position is a CAM/ RAM, where he played the bulk of his minutes for Pompey. We've been playing him on the left.Where he's done ok, but perhaps isn't 100% comfortable. Not quite a square peg in a round hole, on the left. But , nonetheless, not his best position. He looked more " on it", when he came on, on Friday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024