Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parade 12:40 - May 1 with 2433 viewsTommy_ITFC

Does anyone know if or when there will be a parade for promotion?

Poll: 22/23 home shirt vs 23/24 home shirt

Parade on 13:03 - May 1 with 2383 viewsstickymockwell

I would hope there would only be one if we're Champions.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Parade on 13:10 - May 1 with 2359 viewsJ2BLUE

Parade on 13:03 - May 1 by stickymockwell

I think the post Exeter lap of honour will end up being the parade unless we're champions.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Parade on 13:15 - May 1 with 2336 viewsBuhrer

Maybe just after they release extra season tickets Thommo?
Parade on 14:19 - May 1 with 2193 viewshomer_123

Why...have we turned into Nowich?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Parade on 14:24 - May 1 with 2167 viewswaspsforever1

why we are not norwich not even won anything and it’s div 3
Parade on 14:27 - May 1 with 2153 viewsFreddies_Ears

Hope so. I am well up for another night like Saturday!!!!
Parade on 14:37 - May 1 with 2111 viewsbritbiker

Parade on 13:03 - May 1 by stickymockwell

Please, no. This has been a great season but it's just a correction to get us back to the championship. I'm happy to wait until we go up another level (hoping it's not as long a wait this time).

Like others have said, we're not Norwich. No open top parade for every win.
Parade on 14:57 - May 1 with 2060 viewsrunaround

There will be a lot of fans not old enough to remember the parade in 2000 plus those that were unable to go on Saturday who I’m sure would appreciate the chance to celebrate. I’m certain I have seen other teams not just Norwich that have had parades for getting promoted without winning the title. To those who say that if we finish second we haven’t won anything, we have WON promotion!
Login to get fewer ads

Parade on 15:34 - May 1 with 1976 viewsBobbychase

Parade on 14:57 - May 1 by runaround

There will be a lot of fans not old enough to remember the parade in 2000 plus those that were unable to go on Saturday who I’m sure would appreciate the chance to celebrate. I’m certain I have seen other teams not just Norwich that have had parades for getting promoted without winning the title. To those who say that if we finish second we haven’t won anything, we have WON promotion!

I actually hope we have one, I knew so many people who couldn't get tickets for Saturday. It would be great for the whole town/county to have another chance to celebrate, especially the younger fans who weren't around for 2000.

You might say it's tinpot and Norwich fans might say something mean on Twitter.

They once had a bus parade for losing a play off final. Easy to ignore their comments.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Parade on 15:47 - May 1 with 1941 viewsfranz_tyson

Can't we just keep this in proportion and also keep some hunger for the players for next season.

Let them get the season over, go on holiday and come back hungry and refreshed for more. I've already heard from quite a few sources that the award ceremony went on too long and some were moaning. I think there's a possibility and danger of over-kill.
The season’s memories mean more than a parade and also I'd want Ashton and his staff to concentrate on the next season ( recruitment, new pitch, etc) than an over-blown event.
Parade on 17:19 - May 1 with 1824 viewsJackNorthStand

They will see it next season when we get promoted to the premier League. You don't have an open top bus celebration for second place - even though it has been an incredible season
Parade on 19:12 - May 1 with 1648 viewsGeoffSentence

Parade on 15:34 - May 1 by Bobbychase

I actually hope we have one, I knew so many people who couldn't get tickets for Saturday. It would be great for the whole town/county to have another chance to celebrate, especially the younger fans who weren't around for 2000.

They once had a bus parade for losing a play off final. Easy to ignore their comments.

They had one to celebrate an anniversary of participating in the UEFA Cup!

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Parade on 19:15 - May 1 with 1634 viewslizzibee

I'm hoping yes if we are champions but no if we are second. To me it seems a little desperate if we don't win. We had celebrations at Exeter and will do again at Fleetwood. That's all we need.
Parade on 19:18 - May 1 with 1619 viewslizzibee

Parade on 15:34 - May 1 by Bobbychase

People could have got tickets if they wanted them, just needed to book earlier than the week before the game (or three weeks). Those leaving it til the last minute in my view are not a reason why we need a bus tour and jumped on the bandwagon.
Parade on 17:46 - May 2 with 1379 viewsTommy_ITFC

Parade on 15:47 - May 1 by franz_tyson

Can't we just keep this in proportion and also keep some hunger for the players for next season.

Let them get the season over, go on holiday and come back hungry and refreshed for more. I've already heard from quite a few sources that the award ceremony went on too long and some were moaning. I think there's a possibility and danger of over-kill.
The season’s memories mean more than a parade and also I'd want Ashton and his staff to concentrate on the next season ( recruitment, new pitch, etc) than an over-blown event.

I compltely undertsand mate , and i have to say I agree with your point. Would make for a propper parade next season when we go up to the prem through play offs (my prediction).

Poll: 22/23 home shirt vs 23/24 home shirt

Parade on 17:54 - May 2 with 1341 viewsITFC_1988

I’m hearing that there will be some kind of event in Christchurch park on 8th May.
Parade on 17:55 - May 2 with 1339 viewsFifeITFC

If we don't win the title, we risk turning into Norwich by having a parade and might as well put promotion as an "honour" in the programme!

Win the title, sure. Finish 2nd, no not for me.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Parade on 18:03 - May 2 with 1311 viewscarlisleaway

Parade on 17:55 - May 2 by FifeITFC

If we don't win the title, we risk turning into Norwich by having a parade and might as well put promotion as an "honour" in the programme!

Win the title, sure. Finish 2nd, no not for me.

If we do not win the League, in no way should a parade be had. As stated those who did not get a ticket for Saturdays celebration had plenty of time to get tickets.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024