Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well, I hope they go up now. 23:00 - May 18 with 2236 viewspatrickswell

Darren Moore deserves it and they’ve blown that bottlers label out of the water now after that. They deserved every brickbat they got on Friday and will deserve every bouquet they get now.

Incredible.
Well, I hope they go up now. on 23:06 - May 18 with 2195 viewsBluecasp

Hopefully Barnsley beat them in the final
Well, I hope they go up now. on 23:11 - May 18 with 2157 viewsMattinLondon

They didn’t actually bottle promotion- they still got 96 points and averaged two points from their last 13 matches. Two points per match being the accepted criteria for promotion. They just happened to have had both Plymouth and Ipswich in the same league/ both of who were relentless.
Well, I hope they go up now. on 23:19 - May 18 with 2094 viewsDarkHorse

Don't like them, but very pleased for him, he's a good guy and I hope they do it.
Well, I hope they go up now. on 23:20 - May 18 with 2086 viewsMJallday

Well, I hope they go up now. on 23:06 - May 18 by Bluecasp

This. I’ll be cheering on the tykes

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Well, I hope they go up now. on 00:28 - May 19 with 1953 viewsBigCommon

Or....They've set themselves up to bottle it twice in a season?
Wembley isn't Hillsborough..
I'd love to see 'em choke again.
Well, I hope they go up now. on 07:47 - May 19 with 1754 viewssticklegs

Yep...I agree; good luck to them. With a fight back like that, they fully deserve to be promoted.
Well, I hope they go up now. on 08:12 - May 19 with 1705 viewsVic

Well, I hope they go up now. on 23:11 - May 18 by MattinLondon

They didn’t actually bottle promotion- they still got 96 points and averaged two points from their last 13 matches. Two points per match being the accepted criteria for promotion. They just happened to have had both Plymouth and Ipswich in the same league/ both of who were relentless.

Agreed, it’s a tough one to call them bottle jobs. They did drop off the pace for a few matches, but like you say, their real undoing was the unreal form that Ply and ourselves showed over the same 13 games. We averaged something like 2.3 points a game cp to their 2. There’s not a lot they can do about that - they had great form, but there were two team in phenomenal form.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Well, I hope they go up now. on 08:14 - May 19 with 1699 viewsdavblue

easy to say now but i had a feeling they might do it last night. I watched a bit of the build up and the start Of the game the crowd were up for it, i think some of the racism towards the manager may have galvanized the group also as well as the result last week.

Was just a feeling in the air, Peterborough are the type of side who that could happen to as they don't do the defensive basics well enough as a team and they hadn't won an away game against the top 10 this season either.
Login to get fewer ads

Well, I hope they go up now. on 10:01 - May 19 with 1609 viewsSamWhiteUK

Well, I hope they go up now. on 23:06 - May 18 by Bluecasp

Norwood with a hat trick
Well, I hope they go up now. on 10:20 - May 19 with 1561 viewscressi

Well, I hope they go up now. on 10:01 - May 19 by SamWhiteUK

Norwood with a hat trick

Don't all forget Bolton far from out yet
Well, I hope they go up now. on 11:24 - May 19 with 1470 viewstractordownsouth

I like Darren Moore and think he's put up with a lot of sh1t from their fanbase so would be happy for him if they went up, but I'd prefer a team from the other semifinal to get there.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Well, I hope they go up now. on 11:30 - May 19 with 1456 viewsArnieM

Well, I hope they go up now. on 23:20 - May 18 by MJallday

This. I’ll be cheering on the tykes

Me too. Decent fan base . Very family orientated club. The Owls fan base and their arrogance snd racism towards their own manager had left a sour taste for me I’m afraid. Having lived snd worked in Sheffield for a few years I’d always had a lot of time for the Sheffield people who I found gritty, frank and generally honest. To say I’m disappointed to read the comments levied at Moore thus season would be an understatement. He’s to nice and too good for that club, and I hope he leaves them for a better Club.

C’mon Barnsley !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Well, I hope they go up now. on 11:35 - May 19 with 1444 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

They'll be insufferable if they go up now... oh wait, they already are!

Fair play to them, a herculean effort. Hopefully the final is just as exciting.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Well, I hope they go up now. on 11:43 - May 19 with 1396 viewsHerbivore

Well, I hope they go up now. on 23:11 - May 18 by MattinLondon

Precisely this. Just had a look at their form post the game at PR which some of their fans have cited as being the turning point in their season. They picked up 34 points from 17 games over that period of time, sustained form of 2 points per game at a time when they were comfortably in the top 2. They missed out because ourselves and Plymouth both hit the kind of form that you rarely see one team sustain over that length of time, let alone two. Of course there's individual games you can loint at and say they should never have lost that, but the same applies to us too.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Well, I hope they go up now. on 12:03 - May 19 with 1326 viewsSamWhiteUK

Well, I hope they go up now. on 11:30 - May 19 by ArnieM

Me too. Decent fan base . Very family orientated club. The Owls fan base and their arrogance snd racism towards their own manager had left a sour taste for me I’m afraid. Having lived snd worked in Sheffield for a few years I’d always had a lot of time for the Sheffield people who I found gritty, frank and generally honest. To say I’m disappointed to read the comments levied at Moore thus season would be an understatement. He’s to nice and too good for that club, and I hope he leaves them for a better Club.

C’mon Barnsley !

In the questionnaire I voted Barnsley as the best team we've faced this season, based on the showing at their ground. I'm cheering for them to go up. Would've like P'boro as it's only 40 mins from me but they've blown it obviously
Well, I hope they go up now. on 12:12 - May 19 with 1303 viewsHerbivore

Well, I hope they go up now. on 12:03 - May 19 by SamWhiteUK

In the questionnaire I voted Barnsley as the best team we've faced this season, based on the showing at their ground. I'm cheering for them to go up. Would've like P'boro as it's only 40 mins from me but they've blown it obviously

Interesting shout given that we pumped them 3-0 and missed a penalty, hit the bar, and missed a good one on one chance too. Plymouth took 4 points off us, by contrast, across two very close games.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Well, I hope they go up now. on 15:40 - May 19 with 1154 viewspeterleeblue

Well, I hope they go up now. on 11:35 - May 19 by SlippinJimmyJuan

They'll be insufferable if they go up now... oh wait, they already are!

Fair play to them, a herculean effort. Hopefully the final is just as exciting.

Its interesting how different fan bases see other sets of fans.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/sheffield-wednesday-v-peterborough-united-
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024