Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question Time 08:42 - Jun 22 with 1902 viewsJohnTy

Should be interesting tonight.
Filmed in Essex, an audience composed entirely of people who voted
for Brexit. The BBC aimed to have half the audience who still think it was a good idea, and the other half with different views. I understand that the BBC are not finding it as easy as usual to get an audience.

So far only two panellists announced, Alistair Campbell and Anand Menon. The Conservatives are apparently refusing to send a representative.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2023 8:43]
Question Time on 08:47 - Jun 22 with 1825 viewsgiant_stow

that does sound good actually. If the Tories don;t send someone, they should empty-chair them.

(Edited to replace howler)
[Post edited 22 Jun 2023 8:48]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Question Time on 08:59 - Jun 22 with 1770 viewsJohnTy

Question Time on 08:47 - Jun 22 by giant_stow

that does sound good actually. If the Tories don;t send someone, they should empty-chair them.

I am no fan of Campbell, but he will lay it on thickly - he is already doing so on twitter.
Question Time on 09:20 - Jun 22 with 1725 viewsKeno

Question Time on 08:47 - Jun 22 by giant_stow

maybe a they could use a Nadine Dorries Blow Up doll?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Question Time on 09:25 - Jun 22 with 1713 viewsSwansea_Blue

Question Time on 08:59 - Jun 22 by JohnTy

I am no fan of Campbell, but he will lay it on thickly - he is already doing so on twitter.

Campbell is an interesting character. He's got a chequered career with both light and dark parts, and too in his personal life including dealing with a son who's an addict. He demonstrates we're often not all good or all bad and shows up the simplicity of tribalism in the UK today.

I certainly won't be watching though. QT is Daily Mail-esque clickbait for the easily enraged these days. I'd get too easily enraged if I watched in

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Question Time on 09:38 - Jun 22 with 1668 viewsJohnTy

Question Time on 09:25 - Jun 22 by Swansea_Blue

Campbell is an interesting character. He's got a chequered career with both light and dark parts, and too in his personal life including dealing with a son who's an addict. He demonstrates we're often not all good or all bad and shows up the simplicity of tribalism in the UK today.

I certainly won't be watching though. QT is Daily Mail-esque clickbait for the easily enraged these days. I'd get too easily enraged if I watched in

I sometimes try to watch, but can't last the distance.

I can't stand Fiona Bruce's clumsy interventions.
Question Time on 10:10 - Jun 22 with 1605 viewsMattinLondon

I found myself watching it more during lockdown simply because there wasn’t an audience. The panel seemed to be a tad more civil rather than interrupting each other and going for boombastic rounds of applause.
Question Time on 10:12 - Jun 22 with 1602 viewsBlueschev

I find this rehabilitation of Alistair Campbell quite sickening. Not only did his lies and spin lead to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people, they set British politics on the path to the post-truth, post-principled shower that is the current parliament.
Question Time on 11:08 - Jun 22 with 1525 viewsMisterBlue

Question Time on 10:12 - Jun 22 by Blueschev

I find this rehabilitation of Alistair Campbell quite sickening. Not only did his lies and spin lead to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people, they set British politics on the path to the post-truth, post-principled shower that is the current parliament.

I think you're giving him to much credit. British politics was on that road long before he was involved.
Login to get fewer ads

Question Time on 11:22 - Jun 22 with 1483 viewsEwan_Oozami

What? You mean he did that all by himself??

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Question Time on 11:23 - Jun 22 with 1479 viewsWeWereZombies

Question Time on 09:20 - Jun 22 by Keno

Would that be the standard one or the premium model with real human hair...

With apologies to 'Not The Nine O'Clock News'.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Question Time on 11:33 - Jun 22 with 1456 viewsgiant_stow

I'm far too low-brow to mind the Daily Mail style - what stopped me watching was the change of presenter - Fiona just doesn't cut the mustard.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Question Time on 11:36 - Jun 22 with 1448 viewsbaxterbasics

I'll get in touch and see if they want to borrow mine.

Best give it a clean-up first of course.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Question Time on 12:03 - Jun 22 with 1394 viewsbaxterbasics

Looks like we have a full line up now anyway. They are sending John Redwood.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Question Time on 12:03 - Jun 22 with 1386 viewschicoazul

Couldn’t agree more.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Question Time on 12:30 - Jun 22 with 1341 viewsHARRY10

Why not get Fartrage ? He was a permanent fixture at one point.

That was when you could claim most of EU countries were about to leave, and the EU was about to implode. What happened to the 79m Turks about to join the EU, or the supposed EU army ? Why did this shyster wait until AFTER the vote before accepting the £350m a week to the NHS was a lie ?

This will be a farce. It will only have some meaning when it is a select committee enquiry or a public enquiry, where folk are questioned, preferably under oath.

The latest lie from the thickos is that Brexit has not failed, as it has not been implemented. About as valid an argument as blowing yourself up so as to be given 72 virgins is. And based on a similar delusion that, however absurd something is, if it is told to you by an obvious shyster then it must be true,

Brexit - the denial of rational thought.
Question Time on 18:03 - Jun 22 with 1201 viewsfactual_blue

You've got one, haven't you Keno?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024