Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? 13:11 - Jun 27 with 3632 viewsaardvaark

n/t

Poll: When, not if, will Jewell go?

Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 13:47 - Jun 27 with 3510 viewsthe_toff

I wouldn't be in a hurry to bring him back to be honest. Perhaps if we were still in L1 he might be a good option, but I didn't think he stood out or looked any better than what we've already got. He obviously has age on his side but I don't think he meets the definition of upgrading on your weakest component.
Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 13:55 - Jun 27 with 3447 viewsStokieBlue

Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 13:47 - Jun 27 by the_toff

I wouldn't be in a hurry to bring him back to be honest. Perhaps if we were still in L1 he might be a good option, but I didn't think he stood out or looked any better than what we've already got. He obviously has age on his side but I don't think he meets the definition of upgrading on your weakest component.

You don't think he's an upgrade on Harness?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 14:01 - Jun 27 with 3383 viewsDanTheMan

Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 13:47 - Jun 27 by the_toff

I thought he looked really decent, think we suffered a bit when he initially got injured.

That said I do wonder how much he'd set us back and given the new foreign player rules whether we could get the same quality of player elsewhere for a cheaper price.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2023 14:02]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 00:10 - Jun 28 with 2763 viewsWallingford_Boy

Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 13:55 - Jun 27 by StokieBlue

SB

That’s not what he said and Harness doesn’t start for us.

I’d agree, looked ok in league one, not sure championship is for him.

I’d not rush to get him back and I’d be very surprised if KMc does.

RIP Sir Bobby

Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 00:41 - Jun 28 with 2729 viewsthe_toff

Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 13:55 - Jun 27 by StokieBlue

SB

I've had a think about that and quite honestly no, I don't. Harness scored 8 goals last season and got 3 assists in the equivalent of 24 full games. I think some of our fans have short memories, he struggled a bit when he came back from injury but he played a big role in the first 1/3 of the season and looked brilliant.

But that isn't really the point, its about continual improvement and rotating out your weakest starter, which has already happened with Harness for Broadhead. As Clarke did for JD, Taylor likely just has with Luongo. So is TJJ worthy of dislodging Chaplin or Broadhead? Quite clearly not.

I do get that not all signings need to walk straight into the side, especially young ones, but I didn't see much to get too excited about with John-Jules.
Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 07:05 - Jun 28 with 2550 viewsGlasgowBlue

SB

In the long run, he is.

My concern is that he isn’t at the stage of development he should be. Had he played a full season of league one football in a promotion winning side, then I’d go fir him.

However, he’s not proven himself to be Championship ready. Not his fault, but down to injuries.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 07:12 - Jun 28 with 2523 viewsStokieBlue

Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 07:05 - Jun 28 by GlasgowBlue

In the long run, he is.

My concern is that he isn’t at the stage of development he should be. Had he played a full season of league one football in a promotion winning side, then I’d go fir him.

However, he’s not proven himself to be Championship ready. Not his fault, but down to injuries.

I think Harness has pretty conclusively proven he's not Championship ready. He was pretty poor in the second half of last season.

To not see someone like TJJ as an upgrade to Harness as cover in the number 10 position seems strange to me.

Hopefully I'll be proven wrong if Harness stays and he has a magnificent season.

SB
[Post edited 28 Jun 2023 7:21]

Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 07:13 - Jun 28 with 2521 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

SB

Is that really an outlandish view? McKenna clearly doesn’t, or at least didn’t think that last year, given that Harness he started 12 games and John-Jules 8, before TJJ was lost for the year…
[Post edited 28 Jun 2023 7:14]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 07:14 - Jun 28 with 2514 viewsStokieBlue

Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 00:10 - Jun 28 by Wallingford_Boy

That’s not what he said and Harness doesn’t start for us.

I’d agree, looked ok in league one, not sure championship is for him.

I’d not rush to get him back and I’d be very surprised if KMc does.

"I don't think he meets the definition of upgrading on your weakest component"

Where did he say starters? He said weakest component and Harness is a weak component of the squad that could be upgraded.

SB

Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 07:18 - Jun 28 with 2484 viewsStokieBlue

Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 00:41 - Jun 28 by the_toff

I've had a think about that and quite honestly no, I don't. Harness scored 8 goals last season and got 3 assists in the equivalent of 24 full games. I think some of our fans have short memories, he struggled a bit when he came back from injury but he played a big role in the first 1/3 of the season and looked brilliant.

But that isn't really the point, its about continual improvement and rotating out your weakest starter, which has already happened with Harness for Broadhead. As Clarke did for JD, Taylor likely just has with Luongo. So is TJJ worthy of dislodging Chaplin or Broadhead? Quite clearly not.

I do get that not all signings need to walk straight into the side, especially young ones, but I didn't see much to get too excited about with John-Jules.

You didn't say weakest starter:

I think Harness pretty much reached his ceiling last year and it's not all about upgrading the starting 11, it's a squad game and given that we need to upgrade non-starters as well. Given this I do think TJJ is an upgrade on Harness in the number 10 position.

I'm also not saying we should sign him, just that without knowing if he's available or even cheap it seems strange to dismiss him.

SB

Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 07:20 - Jun 28 with 2460 viewsGlasgowBlue

Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 07:12 - Jun 28 by StokieBlue

I think Harness has pretty conclusively proven he's not Championship ready. He was pretty poor in the second half of last season.

To not see someone like TJJ as an upgrade to Harness as cover in the number 10 position seems strange to me.

Hopefully I'll be proven wrong if Harness stays and he has a magnificent season.

SB
[Post edited 28 Jun 2023 7:21]

Harness was on fire before his injury. He came back far sooner than expected. Was he rushed? Was he fully recovered? We saw Edmundson’s form dip considerably after his injury before being sidelined again. Maybe Harness wasn’t 100% after January? A rest and a pre season May see him return to the player he was.

Also worth noting that when we signed Harness a lot of people thought he’d go to a Championship club.

Besides, Harness is very much a squad player behind Chaplin or Broadhead. His development is way ahead of TJJ who is too much of an unknown quantity due to not playing since October.

He looked a fantastic prospect before the Charlton game, but I’d prefer us to sign somebody who is Championship ready.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2023 7:54]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 07:22 - Jun 28 with 2453 viewsHorsham

Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 07:14 - Jun 28 by StokieBlue

Where did he say starters? He said weakest component and Harness is a weak component of the squad that could be upgraded.

SB

When he’s fit he looks an excellent prospect, better than Harness and if fit would get a lot of minutes for us.

He’s barely been fit at all in 2 years. Not sure how anyone can be confident he’ll be available enough this season. I think that’s the crux of it.
Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 01:21 - Jun 29 with 2136 viewsWallingford_Boy

Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 07:14 - Jun 28 by StokieBlue

SB

I think you’re arguing with yourself….

But my point is, TJJ ain’t all that and KMc is showing no signs of interest, for a reason.

RIP Sir Bobby

Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 08:35 - Jun 29 with 1795 viewsEiffel78

Danny John-Jules thought he'd already signed for us on a permanent deal when I talked to him a couple of weeks ago. Might be a sign he's expecting to come back, but could also be a busy uncle not being completely up to speed with the intricacies of his nephew's career.
Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 08:44 - Jun 29 with 1760 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 08:35 - Jun 29 by Eiffel78

Danny John-Jules thought he'd already signed for us on a permanent deal when I talked to him a couple of weeks ago. Might be a sign he's expecting to come back, but could also be a busy uncle not being completely up to speed with the intricacies of his nephew's career.

No way Arsenal will decide one way or the other until August anyway once they know who's coming in and who they can let go.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 09:25 - Jun 29 with 1633 viewsrickw

Yes I think he's better than Harness, but the club has seemed to have a policy of signing players who are better than one of our starting XI, this is how we've improved.

Signing TJJ would be abandoning that policy as he's only better than a sub, ideally we want to find someone better than say Burns, but perhaps if there's interest in a Jackson or Harness then maybe TJJ makes a sense if we can get him for less

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 09:32 - Jun 29 with 1584 viewshype313

Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 07:20 - Jun 28 by GlasgowBlue

Harness was on fire before his injury. He came back far sooner than expected. Was he rushed? Was he fully recovered? We saw Edmundson’s form dip considerably after his injury before being sidelined again. Maybe Harness wasn’t 100% after January? A rest and a pre season May see him return to the player he was.

Also worth noting that when we signed Harness a lot of people thought he’d go to a Championship club.

Besides, Harness is very much a squad player behind Chaplin or Broadhead. His development is way ahead of TJJ who is too much of an unknown quantity due to not playing since October.

He looked a fantastic prospect before the Charlton game, but I’d prefer us to sign somebody who is Championship ready.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2023 7:54]

Harness was everything the Pompey fans said he would be, Excellent, every 3-4 games and goes missing quite a lot.

For me, he struggles to control a quick ball coming to him, time and time again it was like his feet were a trampoline.

Is TJJ an upgrade? Jury's out as we haven't seen enough to cast the right aspersions, but both are unproven at Championship level so will remain to be seen.

FWIW, given all the talk about how ruthless we will be, I tend t think Harness could be one sacrificed.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 09:33 - Jun 29 with 1581 viewsKieran_Knows

Does anyone know (Cruncher obvs) if we're signing TJJ? on 08:44 - Jun 29 by Cheltenham_Blue

No way Arsenal will decide one way or the other until August anyway once they know who's coming in and who they can let go.

Well he joined us on the 22nd June last year?

Fact is, he clearly won't make it at Arsenal now, and probably won't even go on pre-season with them this summer.

We spoke with Arsrnal prior to January to get him here permanently in January (which they were open too), but his injury put paid to that.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024