Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Membership away 02:22 - Jul 12 with 1800 viewshunty21

Am i right in saying the membership only allows you to buy 1 away ticket and not 2? who is gonna sit on their own if that is true should allow for a guest to come as well
Membership away on 05:21 - Jul 12 with 1737 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Looks to me that you can buy two tickets in one transaction, but will need both membership numbers.
Membership away on 06:39 - Jul 12 with 1691 viewshunty21

Membership away on 05:21 - Jul 12 by Alberto_the_frog

Looks to me that you can buy two tickets in one transaction, but will need both membership numbers.

My point exactly so no point if wanna see games with different people then
Membership away on 06:42 - Jul 12 with 1683 viewstractorboy1978

The new system is no different to how it currently works - you need two gold memberships to buy two tickets during the gold window.
Membership away on 06:45 - Jul 12 with 1676 viewsFixed_It

Membership away on 06:39 - Jul 12 by hunty21

My point exactly so no point if wanna see games with different people then

You can buy two (or more) tickets, but only at the same points total. So if I have 21 points and my mate only has 15, I would have to wait until the 15 points day to purchase two tickets, or buy my own at 21 points if it looks like they might sell out. No different to the previous system except there are more varied entry points. But with bigger away allocations it should only be an issue for a few games in reality.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 6:46]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Membership away on 07:17 - Jul 12 with 1579 viewstextbackup

Membership away on 06:45 - Jul 12 by Fixed_It

You can buy two (or more) tickets, but only at the same points total. So if I have 21 points and my mate only has 15, I would have to wait until the 15 points day to purchase two tickets, or buy my own at 21 points if it looks like they might sell out. No different to the previous system except there are more varied entry points. But with bigger away allocations it should only be an issue for a few games in reality.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 6:46]

A child on say 3 points, will never get the chance to catch up/get in the same points bracket as a parent now will they.
Kid can’t go alone, so the parents will continue to increase, as childs does too.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Membership away on 07:41 - Jul 12 with 1528 viewsSaleAway

Membership away on 07:17 - Jul 12 by textbackup

A child on say 3 points, will never get the chance to catch up/get in the same points bracket as a parent now will they.
Kid can’t go alone, so the parents will continue to increase, as childs does too.

Not strictly true, as you only carry over points from the last season, so if your kid came to every game with you this season, they'd be with you next year... obviously that might be a challenge for games where away tickets are a struggle this year, but I don't think its going to be as big a problem with better allocations this year.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Membership away on 07:49 - Jul 12 with 1502 viewsMrPorterloo

I know this is going to be stressful and frustrating for trying to go to specific games, but it is a nice problem to have in a way. Some clubs just cannot drum up the amount of support where this would be any sort of issue.
Membership away on 08:04 - Jul 12 with 1462 viewsITFC_Forever

Membership away on 07:41 - Jul 12 by SaleAway

Not strictly true, as you only carry over points from the last season, so if your kid came to every game with you this season, they'd be with you next year... obviously that might be a challenge for games where away tickets are a struggle this year, but I don't think its going to be as big a problem with better allocations this year.

The kid can't come to every game if they can't get a ticket....

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Membership away on 08:11 - Jul 12 with 1430 viewsSaleAway

Membership away on 08:04 - Jul 12 by ITFC_Forever

The kid can't come to every game if they can't get a ticket....

How many games do you think we are going to sell out away ends before general sale, with allocations of around 2k minimum?

Membership away on 08:14 - Jul 12 with 1415 viewsSaleAway

Membership away on 08:11 - Jul 12 by SaleAway

How many games do you think we are going to sell out away ends before general sale, with allocations of around 2k minimum?

and do you think its fair that a child should be able to go to whatever game they want, instead of someone who went to loads of games last year?

Membership away on 08:35 - Jul 12 with 1364 viewstextbackup

Membership away on 08:14 - Jul 12 by SaleAway

and do you think its fair that a child should be able to go to whatever game they want, instead of someone who went to loads of games last year?

No it wouldn’t be.
Was only only issue with new system, that a child starting out now won’t ever build up the points of the parent

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Membership away on 08:42 - Jul 12 with 1336 viewsTractorCam

Indeed, most will go to general I suspect with bigger allocations.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Membership away on 09:24 - Jul 12 with 1245 viewsSaleAway

Membership away on 08:35 - Jul 12 by textbackup

No it wouldn’t be.
Was only only issue with new system, that a child starting out now won’t ever build up the points of the parent

But the new system does allow for this. By making it only take into account one previous season, it allows new followers to gain priority without being held back by year on year inflation of thresholds.... as mentioned, if a child goes to all the games he can get tickets for this year, his priority will get up to pretty near his parent/minder for the next season.

Membership away on 09:34 - Jul 12 with 1194 viewsITFC_Forever

Depends on how many memberships we sell.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Membership away on 11:44 - Jul 12 with 1070 viewsandytown

Membership away on 09:24 - Jul 12 by SaleAway

But the new system does allow for this. By making it only take into account one previous season, it allows new followers to gain priority without being held back by year on year inflation of thresholds.... as mentioned, if a child goes to all the games he can get tickets for this year, his priority will get up to pretty near his parent/minder for the next season.

I think the problem may only be with parent & child fans where the the child already has fewer points from last season. If they can get tickets to all away games with the parent they both get +1 point. But as the parent has more points it maybe the case that only the parent can get a ticket for some games. The child cannot catch the parent if they get a ticket alone because they are not allowed without being accompanied. So, by the end of the season the child is still behind the parent. This then follows into the next season. And the next if the rules stay the same..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024