Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! 11:37 - Jul 12 with 2555 viewsunstableblue

FYI If you went to away games last season but weren't a silver or gold member you won't show as having any 'Away Points Balance'.

I was neither Gold or Silver and bought 8 away tickets... currently an away points balance of on my account.

Spoke to ticket office, they suggested that if you sign up to Super Blue membership, these away purchases would then be credited - but not completely convinced?!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 11:41 - Jul 12 with 2501 viewsZx1988

That sounds correct, though.

The only way to get away ticket priority (and benefit from last season's attendances) is to purchase the membership.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 12:37 - Jul 12 with 2372 viewsunstableblue

No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 11:41 - Jul 12 by Zx1988

That sounds correct, though.

The only way to get away ticket priority (and benefit from last season's attendances) is to purchase the membership.

As long as they do indeed, retrospectively recognise the points once Super Blue membership is purchased

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 13:01 - Jul 12 with 2324 viewsJon_456

No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 12:37 - Jul 12 by unstableblue

As long as they do indeed, retrospectively recognise the points once Super Blue membership is purchased

That seems the most sensible solution but I’ve had a reply saying that only those with silver, gold or ultimate last season would be entitled to the single points for away games.

I’ve asked for further clarity and just waiting now for their response.
No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 13:47 - Jul 12 with 2224 viewsZx1988

No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 12:37 - Jul 12 by unstableblue

If you've not done so already, ping them an email and get it in writing.

Then at least you've got legitimate grounds to cancel if that doesn't turn out to be the case.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 15:12 - Jul 12 with 2123 viewsArnieM

It’s a shame the club have chosen only to include last season for evidence of a fan’s loyalty. Last season was a glory hunters season. What about the previous 2-3 seasons when under Evans regime, the fans had to watch the shower of shyte that paraded about in a Town shirt and didn’t give a flying one? Some fans would have followed this club through that period going to many league one away grounds, yet get no recognition for it. These are the fans that should be rewarded surely?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 15:17 - Jul 12 with 2093 viewsNeedhamChris

No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 15:12 - Jul 12 by ArnieM

It’s a shame the club have chosen only to include last season for evidence of a fan’s loyalty. Last season was a glory hunters season. What about the previous 2-3 seasons when under Evans regime, the fans had to watch the shower of shyte that paraded about in a Town shirt and didn’t give a flying one? Some fans would have followed this club through that period going to many league one away grounds, yet get no recognition for it. These are the fans that should be rewarded surely?

Unlike you to find a negative.

Surely those fans who went to all those games over the last few years would also have gone last season and therefore are likely to have a priority level far high enough for this not to matter anyway

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 15:27 - Jul 12 with 2070 viewshype313

No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 15:12 - Jul 12 by ArnieM

Where do you stop though, what about us that had to suffer the 'Duncan Years'?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 15:44 - Jul 12 with 2016 viewsArnieM

No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 15:17 - Jul 12 by NeedhamChris

Unlike you to find a negative.

Surely those fans who went to all those games over the last few years would also have gone last season and therefore are likely to have a priority level far high enough for this not to matter anyway

For your information mate the post as based on a friend of mines account / experience following Town ( not MY experience). He told me ( which I know to be true), that he went to EVERY game home and away during that crap period , yet last season things changed in his life which meant he couldn’t go to these games. So the points allocation to him personally only reflect last season , not the seasons just prior to the last season - his words “the glory season”. I can see his point . Can’t you?

As for the jibe about negativity, well since the post is based on someone else’s experience and not mine, I guess your negativity jibe is really aimed at him. So hard luck with your misplaced assumption and you can shove your accusations up your whiz way mate!

Login to get fewer ads

No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 15:47 - Jul 12 with 1964 viewsNeedhamChris

No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 15:44 - Jul 12 by ArnieM

For your information mate the post as based on a friend of mines account / experience following Town ( not MY experience). He told me ( which I know to be true), that he went to EVERY game home and away during that crap period , yet last season things changed in his life which meant he couldn’t go to these games. So the points allocation to him personally only reflect last season , not the seasons just prior to the last season - his words “the glory season”. I can see his point . Can’t you?

As for the jibe about negativity, well since the post is based on someone else’s experience and not mine, I guess your negativity jibe is really aimed at him. So hard luck with your misplaced assumption and you can shove your accusations up your whiz way mate!

I get it, someone is always going to lose out. But if you go any further back you wish alienating the young/new fans that the club has worked to attract, so I think it's the right decision from a business perspective

No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 15:50 - Jul 12 with 1945 viewsSheffordBlue

No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 15:44 - Jul 12 by ArnieM

I suspect there'll be a few people in your friends situation and I can understand their frustration but how far back do you go? They've decided on a one season rolling points tally and that will help some people and hinder others. A 5 year rolling tally would have helped a different set of people and penalised others. Neither is definitively 'right' or 'fair'.

I think there'll be plenty of opportunities this season for people to build up their points tally again - fixtures like Huddersfield away for example - if you have any kind of points Membership these types of fixtures shouldn't be a problem. It will be a limited number of games like Watford, QPR, Norwich and Millwall that might require a higher points tally to guarantee a ticket.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 15:54 - Jul 12 with 1922 viewsArnieM

No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 15:27 - Jul 12 by hype313

Where do you stop though, what about us that had to suffer the 'Duncan Years'?

But it’s like the club are come up with a one season “average”, isn’t it. Which clearly isn’t reflective especially given how the clubs fortunes have changed over the last 18months. I would have thought a period of time that covered Towns matches after our relegation to league one. For fans to follow the club home and away after relegation would have been indicative of outstanding support that should be recognised. I myself haven’t gone to away games. Numerous operations over the last 3 years have prevented it, but I ask myself would I have gone to Fleetwood midweek . Unlikely. But many did (when the then Town side did little to deserve such support frankly).
I just feel sorry gif my friend who did travel like so many following the team through really poor times after relegation snd appear to have been short changed. But as Needhamblue appears to indicate , to voice this support of a fellow Town fan is deemed “ negative “!

No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 16:00 - Jul 12 with 1886 viewsJ2BLUE

A bit, but think it's sour grapes to call it the glory season. People going away to Burton on a Tuesday night for example deserve some recognition.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 16:26 - Jul 12 with 1804 viewsRozz

No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 15:54 - Jul 12 by ArnieM

But it’s like the club are come up with a one season “average”, isn’t it. Which clearly isn’t reflective especially given how the clubs fortunes have changed over the last 18months. I would have thought a period of time that covered Towns matches after our relegation to league one. For fans to follow the club home and away after relegation would have been indicative of outstanding support that should be recognised. I myself haven’t gone to away games. Numerous operations over the last 3 years have prevented it, but I ask myself would I have gone to Fleetwood midweek . Unlikely. But many did (when the then Town side did little to deserve such support frankly).
I just feel sorry gif my friend who did travel like so many following the team through really poor times after relegation snd appear to have been short changed. But as Needhamblue appears to indicate , to voice this support of a fellow Town fan is deemed “ negative “!

I don't think it's any different to loyalty schemes in other sectors. I earn banded perks via my credit card relating to how much money I spend in the year prior. If my circumstances change and I can't meet the threshold for the year, unfortunately I don't qualify. Sad for me, but fair do's.

The club have a responsibility to drive new interest and growth as well as rewarding loyalty - and by loyalty I mean cash spent, rather than terrible football matches endured. A 2 or 3 year average would massively disadvantage new generations of fans, who despite feeling a bit "Johnny come lately", the club needs badly after a decade on the slide.

Despite our emotional pulls this is a business making business decisions. £40 is a bit steep for me, but let's hope we continue to see good times on the field as a result of these initiatives.
No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 17:28 - Jul 12 with 1725 viewsCheshire_Tractor

I can see much of the logic at the top end of this scheme but I think my frustration as a ST holder without membership is that 23 home league games, 6 away (and some cups — can’t remember how many) carries 0 points.

Often, I go fewer away games each season (1-2) so the £40 is a large add-on to make it viable. Especially when I’m guessing enough tickets will trickle through to ST holders anyway.

I can see the logic that memberships boost the revenue and there needs to be some incentive to buy them but it does seem mean to some ST holders. I'm nowhere near a high priority for away tickets but I'm not sure I should be lower that someone who didn't go any games.

I wondered if there could have been a system where home and away games count regardless of whether you are a member or not. Those that buy membership could have an increased amount of bonus points to start them at the same level as non-member ST holders rather than leapfrog them. Then even earn double points for every game attended to get ahead.

I guessing they probably look at all options but from my angle it does seems like 0 games + £40 card = 5points and 29+ games = 0points.
No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 23:29 - Jul 12 with 1547 viewsNeedhamChris

Private messaging like this is a little bit weirdo isn't it?

Bless you.

No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 07:08 - Jul 13 with 1401 viewsPippin1970

The days when you could turn up to a ground and buy a ticket sadly gone. Could at a few grounds last season. Be interesting if you could at Blackburn or Preston away with higher away capacity.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2023 7:09]
No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 07:22 - Jul 13 with 1363 viewsTractorWood

No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 07:08 - Jul 13 by Pippin1970

The days when you could turn up to a ground and buy a ticket sadly gone. Could at a few grounds last season. Be interesting if you could at Blackburn or Preston away with higher away capacity.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2023 7:09]

Unpopular opinion maybe.

Last season was amazing and the clubs trajectory appears exciting. However, this clamour for Cardiff and Blackburn away feels a bit disproportionate to me. If others are ahead of me for going to 15 games when I went to 5 then fair enough.

Followed England for a few years for Euro 2016 and 2020. The club's new scheme seems pretty similar to the old caps scheme. Imperfect but ultimately pretty fair. It's worth remembering someone has to administer this and mediate inevitable complaining when a big game comes up because they are one point short because of their parrot's 20th birthday.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2023 7:24]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 07:23 - Jul 13 with 1358 viewsPrideOfTheEast

That’s definitely a fair point, but I suppose they’re never going to please everybody. Over time you’ll catch-up in terms of priority if you go to games - and somebody with zero history I suspect will still be able to get a reasonable amount of tickets.
No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 07:31 - Jul 13 with 1328 viewsSheffordBlue

No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 07:23 - Jul 13 by PrideOfTheEast

That’s definitely a fair point, but I suppose they’re never going to please everybody. Over time you’ll catch-up in terms of priority if you go to games - and somebody with zero history I suspect will still be able to get a reasonable amount of tickets.

I had a look back at a few games from last season for comparison. Oxford Away is a good example. End of Jan when we were still very much in the hunt for automatics but before we went on our epic run. That game had a 1500 allocation which is lower than all but Plymouth in the Championship this season. This game went to Season Ticket holders although looks like it sold out fairly quickly when it reached that level.

I think this suggests that if you buy a membership you will almost guarantee an away ticker for something like 17/18 of the away games. Norwich and Watford both have 2k allocations but will be really popular and you will need to be at the higher end of the points to get those. Millwall and QPR have 3k and even though they're likely to be really popular I think a middling points score will secure you a ticket there.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

No gold or silver membership last season, no points for away games!! on 10:27 - Jul 13 with 1183 viewsJackNorthStand

That sounds correct and fair to me
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024